🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Richest 0.1 Percent Is About to Control More Wealth Than the Bottom 90 Percent

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
The Richest 0.1 Percent Is About to Control More Wealth Than the Bottom 90 Percent

While a complex web of factors have contributed to the rise in income inequality in America, a new research
paper says most of the blame can be largely placed in the immense growth experienced by the top tenth of the richest 1 percent of Americans in recent years. From the report:

The rise of wealth inequality is almost entirely due to the rise of the top 0.1% wealth share, from 7% in 1979 to 22% in 2012, a level almost as high as in 1929. The bottom 90% wealth share first increased up to the mid-1980s and then steadily declined. The increase in wealth concentration is due to the surge of top incomes combined with an increase in saving rate inequality.
income_richmegarich-wm.jpg

How do Tea Partiers not get upset about this?

They bitch about taxes. But they support lower taxes for the wealthy.

So? I'm thankful we have leaders in this country who can generate this kind of wealth. Control your hate libs.

What a crock.

Have your people get in touch with my people and they'll explain it.

How many employees per person do the bottom 90% and their companies hire?

How many do the top 0.1% and their companies hire?

Well, thank your Dear wonderful leader and his policies.

He duped you again claiming he's for the little guy

Just look what he did with OscamCare. His paid Gruber $400, 000 to go around and call you all stupid... he gave the Irs more people and power over you, the Insurance companies, more cronies to run it etc etc

We have an entire political party who runs on the promise to keep you down while giving more of your money to the 1% and fools who vote for them.

The Republicans were against the tax cuts Obama gave to the middle class just as they have been against anything that would create jobs and economic recovery.

So? I'm thankful we have leaders in this country who can generate this kind of wealth. Control your hate libs.

Not a problem.

The problem is that if you were not born to money, its almost impossible for you to generate wealth. That's not the way it used to be in the US and you can thank the Repubs for that.

Crazy to me that people who voted for Dems over the last 8 years take no responsibility for the mass welfare, the mass grow in "income inequality," the bailouts and wars... spying and lying....

We have an entire political party who runs on the promise to keep you down while giving more of your money to the 1% and fools who vote for them.

The Republicans were against the tax cuts Obama gave to the middle class just as they have been against anything that would create jobs and economic recovery.
Sorry but whose been running Washington since 2006? Yeah the Dems.
Amazing. Democrat policies produce the opposite of whatever they promise and the Dems blame the GOP.

Crazy to me that people who voted for Dems over the last 8 years take no responsibility for the mass welfare, the mass grow in "income inequality," the bailouts and wars... spying and lying....

You have to be kidding. I've never seen so many people turn into sheep when it's their Party who holds the Presidency. It's always someone else's FAULT

You have to be kidding. I've never seen so many people turn into sheep when it's their Party who holds the Presidency. It's always someone else's FAULT

It has been amazing to watch the Democart party do a giant 180 after getting their party elected. They all of a sudden love and support much of what they once claimed destroyed the country.

However.... Bush and his Republicans only grew Government and created deficits and failed costly programs... But at least the voter base turned on them, the Republican voters for the most part realized the error and stopped supporting it. Dems seem to just accept anything the demi-god tells them to accept.

While a complex web of factors have contributed to the rise in income inequality in America, a new research
paper says most of the blame can be largely placed in the immense growth experienced by the top tenth of the richest 1 percent of Americans in recent years. From the report:

The rise of wealth inequality is almost entirely due to the rise of the top 0.1% wealth share, from 7% in 1979 to 22% in 2012, a level almost as high as in 1929. The bottom 90% wealth share first increased up to the mid-1980s and then steadily declined. The increase in wealth concentration is due to the surge of top incomes combined with an increase in saving rate inequality.

Actually small fry this is more the liberal elitist caused problem.

To get into the top 10% you either grow through a company or start a small business and grow that, way. Liberal (and Republican) regulation make starting and running a small business very expensive, taxing and hard to compete proposition!

I do corporate legal compliance I see it all the time. When new regulations get passed, the big corps bitch and complain, but secretly the applaud it and many times push for it. Your argument is going to be, but it costs them a bunch to comply so why do they want it. Big corps have the resources and ability to comply. They can hire more lawyers, spend more on their software and make the adjustment, while pushing the additional cost onto the consumer.

Small businesses on the other hand do not have the resources or ability necessary to comply. They work on slimmer margins so they can't just push the cost to consumers. In the end, boat loads of small business are casualties to these regulations. These regulations end up being GINORMOUS barriers to entry for entrepreneurs.

In the end these liberal regulations kill the competition for the big guys while squeezing out the little guys. The big guys increase their market share and lessen the pool at the top.

Not a problem.

The problem is that if you were not born to money, its almost impossible for you to generate wealth. That's not the way it used to be in the US and you can thank the Repubs for that.

LOL where do you libs dig up this nonsense, you are wrong, shocker.

Not a problem.

Not true. My father grew up low middle class on the south side of Chicago. My grandparents lived paycheck to paycheck. He succeed and became a millionaire.

My buddy in highschool Tyrone had 2 brothers and was raised by a single mother. She worked cashier and other minimum wage jobs. His oldest brother made a nice career in the air force. His 2nd oldest brother became a successful franchisee of a Farmers or State Farm, I can't remember. And he went to the military, then came home went to college (no student loans because of the GI bill) and eventually opened an auto shop. He now has 3 auto shops and is pretty damn successful with a house and wife (sorry he went white) to envy!

I support higher taxes for the top 1%. I believe that one should pay dollar for dollar for what they make within our system.

Everyone loves the infrastructure they haul their products on and the science labs that innovate new stuff to be packaged. I think it is fair.

People like Romney shouldn't be making 20,000,000 a year and paying 10-12% taxes. They should be paying at least 3 times that.

The Tea Party represents the rich....

Maybe so, but It's Obama that handed the rich trillions.

Night dumbass~

I support corporations/businesses as I feel we're a strong nation for them. On the otherhand, we shouldn't allow them to pay a far lower percentage than the less well off. How is that fair?

I LOVE CORPORATIONS. They have huge R&d research departments that keep this nation in the lead in tech!!! So don't say I am anti-business.

I support higher taxes for the top 1%. I believe that one should pay dollar for dollar for what they make within our system.

Everyone loves the infrastructure they haul their products on and the science labs that innovate new stuff to be packaged. I think it is fair.

People like Romney shouldn't be making 20,000,000 a year and paying 10-12% taxes. They should be paying at least 3 times that.

Oh God here you people go again with the 'infrastructure' talking point trying to fool yourselves into thinking you are entitled to someone else's wealth. Where the hell do you think the government got the money to build the infrastructure? Yes the wealthy, they paid for it. If anything you people should be paying tolls to the rich for using their infrastructure. HELLO EARTH TO LIBS. :laugh:

Forum List

Back