The Right To Bear Arms

The NRA bumper sticker I have on my truck is a message that I vote my Constitutional rights.

That's what you think, but the reality is that it's just an advertisement to thieves that you have a gun they can steal. When theives break into homes and cars, they're looking for three things:

Guns
Cash
Drugs

Your NRA sticker tells the thief that there's a gun for them to steal. So they already know what they're looking for.

The "I'm With Her" stickers I occasionally see are a blaring message that the driver is a fucking moron.

Clinton got 3 million more votes than Trump.

The NRA bumper sticker I have on my truck is a message that I vote my Constitutional rights.

That's what you think, but the reality is that it's just an advertisement to thieves that you have a gun they can steal. When theives break into homes and cars, they're looking for three things:

Guns
Cash
Drugs

Your NRA sticker tells the thief that there's a gun for them to steal. So they already know what they're looking for.

The "I'm With Her" stickers I occasionally see are a blaring message that the driver is a fucking moron.

Do you not know that the popular vote is not how the president is elected in this country?

He said he wanted elimination of nukes because nuclear war cannot be won.

I said: Reagan didn't want any Nukes.
You said: No, he said he didn't want any Nukes.

Are you so insecure you have to restate that which I already said and try to make it seem like you are the one who said it?

Tell me how in the 30+ years I have owned guns I have put "society" at risk.

You put society at risk because you own a gun that can be stolen and used in a crime. Whether or not it hasn't been stolen yet doesn't change the fact that it can be stolen at any time.

And there's less than a 90% chance you'd even report the gun was stolen.

The fact that I won firearms and that any time I am not carrying one or using one they are ALL locked up in a safe that no one is going to get into. MOre cars are stolen that guns so the fact that you own a car is negligent because of the higher risk of that car being stolen.Your argument is shallow at best because there is not one thing that any person does that does not involve some risk.

Cars are insured and virtually 100% of car thefts are reported to the police.

Guns are not insured and less than 90% of gun thefts are reported to the police.

Do you think all these guns are stolen one at a time?

No, and I don't know why you think I would think that. Seems like you're just looking for any red herring you can to escape the uncomfortable conversation about how irresponsible a person you are.

The fact that I own guns in no way increases crime because I do not commit crimes.

But people who steal your gun would. That's the point. You own this thing that can be stolen at any time, and then used in a crime against someone else. Then you abrogate responsibility for that thing, claiming you don't have to act responsibly because you think you're responsible enough. You're not. None of you are. Being responsible would mean not taking this thing into your home where there's a chance it can be stolen. But you don't think in those terms because you're a selfish, irresponsible person.

SOME people steal guns Some people beat their kids. I suppose just the act of having a child is negligent because over 3 million children are abused annually.

I happen to think that having a child is a negligent thing, but that's my personal view. The child is the victim there, so I don't know why you have this compulsion to always talk about abusing kids. What's with that? Something you want to tell us?

OK then why don't you try to find my guns an take them? Tell me how easy it will be for anyone else to do the same

Because I don't want to take your guns, doofus.

Pointing out the fact that your gun could get stolen doesn't mean I'm going to be the one to steal it.

Yeesh.

I don't have any NRA bumper stickers. Or anything that would give away the fact that there are guns in my home.

Great! So your level of negligence is lower in that regard. But the negligence is still there simply by virtue of owning a gun. The negligence only disappears when you give the gun up.

Shit my friends don't even know what guns I own and some don't even know I own guns at all.

That's great. Again, that doesn't eliminate your negligence, it just lowers it.

OK Diddler.

Do you have kids?

If you do you are negligent because 3 million kids are abused every year and you just haven't abused your kids YET

I don't have kids, don't like them, don't want them...and let's stay on topic.

The topic being you adding unnecessary risk because you're selfish.

If I decide to sell my gun to my son, for example, what PRECISELY am I going to find out from a background check that I don't already know?!

Because. It's. The. Responsible. Thing. To. Do.

And maybe you don't know everything about your son that you think you do.

What is the harm in running a background check, just to give you peace of mind?

You want to call yourself a "responsible gun owner", yet you refuse to act responsibly. So you're not a "responsible gun owner".

Background checks are useful when you're selling a gun to someone you don't know. What the fuck do you expect them to accomplish in a sale between family and friends, other than your desperate leftist need to have the government involved in EVERYTHING?

What they accomplish are two things:

1. Peace of mind for the seller.

2. Because you don't know shit about shit, you don't know about the private lives of your friends and family, and all you're doing is trying to abdicate responsibility for when, not if, the person you give the gun to uses it with ill intent, or sells it to someone who will (straw purchasing).

Like families never keep secrets from one another.

What fucking naive, Mayberry bullshit world do you live in?

So in your world, "responsible" is defined as "mindlessly following routines with no regard for whether or not they're appropriate or useful". All righty then.

I have two points as well.

1) Yes, some family members keep secrets. I know which relatives of mine are lying, untrustworthy pieces of crap. Don't you?

2) My son, who I mentioned as an example, might well want to keep secrets from me. But he is unlikely to be able to keep a stint in prison or a mental institution from me.

So I ask again, what am I likely to get on a background check that I wouldn't already know?

Guns
Cash
Drugs

You are confused Moon Bat.

Crooked Hillary got 3 million more illegal votes than Trump. Even with that and fixing the moon Bat election and hiring the Russians to help her the bitch lost.

My NRA sticker on my truck (made in a non UAW plant) shows that I support the Constitution. Go read the con sitution. it says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Go look it up.

That vehicle or any other NRA stickered vehicle that I have ever known has never been broken into as far as I know so that is something else you are confused about.

Are you a 12 year old kid because that it what your confused and uneducated posts sounds like most of the time.

Can you imagine how people would ridicule you if you had one of these filthy ass Crooked Hillary stickers on your car? Trust me, you get laughed at as you drive down the road. That is probably the reason that you very seldom saw them in 2016. People were ashamed to admit they supported the filthy ass kunt.

If I decide to sell my gun to my son, for example, what PRECISELY am I going to find out from a background check that I don't already know?!

Because. It's. The. Responsible. Thing. To. Do.

And maybe you don't know everything about your son that you think you do.

What is the harm in running a background check, just to give you peace of mind?

You want to call yourself a "responsible gun owner", yet you refuse to act responsibly. So you're not a "responsible gun owner".

Background checks are useful when you're selling a gun to someone you don't know. What the fuck do you expect them to accomplish in a sale between family and friends, other than your desperate leftist need to have the government involved in EVERYTHING?

What they accomplish are two things:

1. Peace of mind for the seller.

2. Because you don't know shit about shit, you don't know about the private lives of your friends and family, and all you're doing is trying to abdicate responsibility for when, not if, the person you give the gun to uses it with ill intent, or sells it to someone who will (straw purchasing).

Like families never keep secrets from one another.

What fucking naive, Mayberry bullshit world do you live in?

So in your world, "responsible" is defined as "mindlessly following routines with no regard for whether or not they're appropriate or useful". All righty then.

I have two points as well.

1) Yes, some family members keep secrets. I know which relatives of mine are lying, untrustworthy pieces of crap. Don't you?

2) My son, who I mentioned as an example, might well want to keep secrets from me. But he is unlikely to be able to keep a stint in prison or a mental institution from me.

So I ask again, what am I likely to get on a background check that I wouldn't already know?

These stupid Moon Bats don't seem to understand that passing a NICS background check is no guarantee that you won't commit a crime in the future. We saw that in Las Vegas, DC, Texas and Parkland, didn't we?

Background checks are only feel good pacifiers for the stupid Moon bats and have no real value.

Guns
Cash
Drugs

Do you not know that the popular vote is not how the president is elected in this country?

I am aware of the electoral college, but I never let an opportunity go to waste to remind Conservative psychos that Trump was less popular than Clinton.

1ecc0d4532433482b191714f6d5432aeef577ba46ff1940ecff9c48906543f3a.jpg

According to you stupid Moon Bats I should have to fill in my swimming pool because there is a chance some child could drown in it one day.

No, but you put a fence around your pool. You have life saving equipment like a donut or lifesaving pole. You have a "no running" sign up. You have a cover for your pool. You (hopefully) know CPR, or have a diagram/chart near the pool. You routinely test your pool's chlorine levels to kill bacteria. You treat your pool with chemicals to make it safe for people to swim in. You have the depth clearly marked. You have "no diving" signs.

Fuck outta here with this grade-school juvenile shit.

And let's say he has all that (fence, signs, life jackets, perfect chlorine level, marked dept, etc). Than you, drunk in your stupidity, decide to jump over the fence when he's not home and take a swim, and drown. How can he be responsible for your death?

NRA bumper stickers are like big, huge, flashing advertisements for thieves that say; "I have guns you can steal". And they do. As many as 600,000 are stolen every year. Every 2 minutes, another gun is stolen in this country from "responsible gun owners".

You keep saying 600,000 guns stolen every year, like it's truth.

The number is around 230,000. Both numbers are bad and scary, yours is just incorrect.

These routines exist for a reason, that reason being the seller knowing to whom they are selling. A background check informs the seller of whom they are about to sell. You don't want to be informed of the person you're about to sell the gun to?

You're here arguing that you can't be expected to make an informed judgment of someone you're about to sell a gun to, despite those tools existing specifically for that purpose.

That is irresponsibility, best expressed. You're an irresponsible person who simply cannot be trusted to act responsibly. And if you can't act responsibly when it comes to selling your gun, how the fuck can you be expected to act responsibly when it comes to using your gun!?!?!?!?!

Do you now? So, there are members in your family who are pieces of shit. Could it be possible that you've misjudged the people you currently don't think are?

Your fucking intuition is shit. So your fucking judgment, informed purely by your intuition, is also shit. Why the fuck can you be trusted to have good instincts when you just got done arguing you don't have to be informed of the person to whom you're about to sell your gun?

But that's not something you can say for certain. He can definitely keep a domestic violence charge from you. He could keep a restraining order from you. He could keep his name appearing on the terrorist no-fly list from you.

See, you don't seem to know what background checks actually entail. They don't merely show prison stints or asylum stints, they show a lot more...like domestic violence, dishonorable discharges, and plenty of other misdemeanors and the like that wouldn't result in prison time.

See above, fuckhead.

Let's just cut to the chase. Derpderp thinks gun owners are negligent because they DARE to own items he doesn't think should exist, and to hold opinions he doesn't agree with.End of story.

You're all completely going nutty and hysterical.

My point of contention isn't that I don't think these guns should exist; it's not even that I don't think you should be allowed to own one. My contention is that you can't call yourself a "responsible gun owner" because there is no such thing, so let's stop pretending like you are and that somehow justifies the added risk to yourself, your family, and society that you take on by owning a gun.

Yeah, well, "don't think they should exist" is pointless. Once something has been invented, that ship has sailed. You can't put the genie back in the bottle and uninvent them.

MY contention is that no one made you arbiter of "responsible", so let's stop pretending like you are and like anyone is actually struggling to win your approval.

According to you stupid Moon Bats I should have to fill in my swimming pool because there is a chance some child could drown in it one day.

No, but you put a fence around your pool. You have life saving equipment like a donut or lifesaving pole. You have a "no running" sign up. You have a cover for your pool. You (hopefully) know CPR, or have a diagram/chart near the pool. You routinely test your pool's chlorine levels to kill bacteria. You treat your pool with chemicals to make it safe for people to swim in. You have the depth clearly marked. You have "no diving" signs.

Fuck outta here with this grade-school juvenile shit.

You have just outlined the characteristics of a responsible pool owner. And yet, when a gun owner takes responsible actions such as purchasing the weapon legally, keeping it unloaded and in a gun safe when not in use, and reports it if stolen, he's irresponsible anyway.

You pose a dichotomy of responsible/irresponsible gun owners and cite examples of irresponsible behavior and then when someone counters it with logic, you yank the dichotomy off the table altogether and simply say that all gun owners are irresponsible. As I said before, you can't have it both ways.

This is a cheap, childish, petty and intellectually dishonest way of debating.

Or you could have just said - leftist.

Crooked Hillary got 3 million more illegal votes than Trump. Even with that and fixing the moon Bat election and hiring the Russians to help her the bitch lost.

Nope. Not illegal. You've offered no proof of that because no proof exists. And your detachment from reality only further serves my point that you probably have a mental illness that isn't diagnosed. Because it takes a mentally ill person to think that 3,000,000 illegal votes were cast for Clinton.

My NRA sticker on my truck (made in a non UAW plant) shows that I support the Constitution. Go read the con sitution. it says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Go look it up.

LOL! Your NRA sticker says that you have a gun that can be stolen because thieves will know that at least one of the three things they're looking for (Guns, drugs, cash), you have in your possession. So the NRA sticker makes it more likely that you'll be a victim of theft than someone who doesn't advertise they own something that thieves and burglars go for.

That vehicle or any other NRA stickered vehicle that I have ever known has never been broken into as far as I know so that is something else you are confused about.Are you a 12 year old kid because that it what your confused and uneducated posts sounds like most of the time.

Anecdotal bullshit does not carry any argument, least of all your weak one.

We asked 86 burglars how they broke into homes
KGW News 9 - Oregon
July 1st, 2017

Do you ever wonder whether your home security system or “Beware of Dog” sign actually keeps burglars away?

We did too. So KGW's investigative team sent letters to 86 inmates currently serving time for burglary in the Oregon Department of Corrections. The inmates were asked to respond anonymously to 17 questions detailing how they broke in, when the crime occurred and what they were looking for.

Jewelry, electronics, cash and credit cards are all attractive to burglars. Inmates also added collectibles and guns.

“NRA sticker on car bumper = Lots of guns to steal,” wrote one burglar.

Can you imagine how people would ridicule you if you had one of these filthy ass Crooked Hillary stickers on your car? Trust me, you get laughed at as you drive down the road. That is probably the reason that you very seldom saw them in 2016. People were ashamed to admit they supported the filthy ass kunt.

Thieves would stay away because the odds are, the Clinton folks won't have a gun to steal, won't have oxycontin to steal, and pay with credit cards and wirelessly via apps.

Forum List

Back