The Right To Bear Arms

Changing the topic doesn't change facts, fool! It made sense to round up the Japanese, there were too many to watch.

Assholes like you aren't protecting this country from tyranny and the military does. This flipping burgers during the day and superhero at night delusion of yours has went too far.

If Japanese concentration camps can be justified in your mind then tyranny must be just fine with you as long as we're all "safe" right?

It's called war and having a state of emergency.

Your opinion absolutely means nothing to any rational person. It's just mindless bitching.

Yeah your next tyrannical state of emergency act would be to round up all gun owners because there's too many of them to watch.

And as I said we have more to fear from our government than we do any citizen gun owner.

Just ask anyone whose kid was killed by a drone. But I guess we're at war even though there was no declaration voted on.

Our government goes too far all the time and you're jumping on the band wagon again.

If Japanese concentration camps can be justified in your mind then tyranny must be just fine with you as long as we're all "safe" right?

Your opinion absolutely means nothing to any rational person. It's just mindless bitching.

Yeah your next tyrannical state of emergency act would be to round up all gun owners because there's too many of them to watch.

And as I said we have more to fear from our government than we do any citizen gun owner.

Just ask anyone whose kid was killed by a drone. But I guess we're at war even though there was no declaration voted on.

Our government goes too far all the time and you're jumping on the band wagon again.

Why do you even bother posting the words of a fool?

Changing the topic doesn't change facts, fool! It made sense to round up the Japanese, there were too many to watch.

Assholes like you aren't protecting this country from tyranny and the military does. This flipping burgers during the day and superhero at night delusion of yours has went too far.

I can't remember a post you have made that I did not like, until this one. The Japanese internment camps has to be near the very top of things the U.S. has done that it should have never done, at least the list of offenses to her own people. The list of things we have done to other peoples is kind of long and sometimes extremely severe.

I can't remember a post you have made that I did not like, until this one. The Japanese internment camps has to be near the very top of things the U.S. has done that it should have never done, at least the list of offenses to her own people. The list of things we have done to other peoples is kind of long and sometimes extremely severe.

The United States has done plenty of things it shouldn't have done, but given the amount of Japanese in the country, it was just too much of a risk in what was a total war. Both sides were fire bombing cities. People that look back don't easily see how dangerous the world was at that time. They have the luxury of knowing we won. German armor, for example, was the best in the world. We only beat them by destroying their resources. The Japanese were fierce fighters and the strategic Hawaiian Islands had a very large Japanese population.

The Japanese internment is regretable, but I think it was necessary.

Exactly. What about "full auto" violates the intent and the scope of the framer's intent that semi-auto, or laser scopes does not?

Hard to say, actually. I think it's because they were classified as "machine guns" and therefore not considered small arms of the type intended by the founders.

I think it is presumptuous to imagine we could accurately state what the founders would have thought about full auto versus semi-auto modern weaponry and think that we can somehow definitively draw that line where we would like it to be and bless our parsing with the holy writ of the founder's pen, and simultaneously condemn others who would draw that line elsewhere.

I'm not sure I agree. SCOTUS is always imagining what the founders would have thought about a wide range of issues. I'm pretty sure machine guns were banned in 1934 along with concealable shotguns and other weapons deemed to be used by "mobsters."

But like lots of SCOTUS case law, it's almost always some sort of compromise.

The United States has done plenty of things it shouldn't have done, but given the amount of Japanese in the country, it was just too much of a risk in what was a total war. Both sides were fire bombing cities. People that look back don't easily see how dangerous the world was at that time. They have the luxury of knowing we won. German armor, for example, was the best in the world. We only beat them by destroying their resources. The Japanese were fierce fighters and the strategic Hawaiian Islands had a very large Japanese population.

That is absolute, complete, inexcusably un-American bullshit. FDR's concentration camps were an affront to everything that our country is and stands for.

That is absolute, complete, inexcusably un-American bullshit. FDR's concentration camps were an affront to everything that our country is and stands for.

How many Japanese were in the United States and Hawaii?

And the camps for the Germans and the Italians? The Japanese were easy to identify, relatively, and to be able to demonize them they could not be walking around the streets.

And the camps for the Germans and the Italians? The Japanese were easy to identify, relatively, and to be able to demonize them they could not be walking around the streets.

Germans were here soon after the colonies began. The major Italian immigration was much later but still long enough for assimilation. The Germans and Italians weren't concentrated in Hawaii and along the west coast. The Japanese in America and Hawaii posed a threat that the other ethnic groups didn't. Up until Midway, we were losing the war in the Pacific.

To me, it's just like dropping the bomb(s). It was regretable, but necessary and probably saved lives on both sides. The Japanese Americans who served in Europe were excellent soldiers.

nra-asshole-threats_n.jpg

Germans were here soon after the colonies began. The major Italian immigration was much later but still long enough for assimilation. The Germans and Italians weren't concentrated in Hawaii and along the west coast. The Japanese in America and Hawaii posed a threat that the other ethnic groups didn't. Up until Midway, we were losing the war in the Pacific.

To me, it's just like dropping the bomb(s). It was regretable, but necessary and probably saved lives on both sides. The Japanese Americans who served in Europe were excellent soldiers.

I suppose you are going to say this guy was not assimilated either. Seems like your average, ordinary U.S. citizen to me.
1988743-godzilla_2000_001.jpg

How many Japanese-Americans were ever convicted of treason or espionage during WWII?

Answer: 0

What remains to this day the most decorated unit in US Military history?

Answer: The 442nd

Guess which Americans comprised the majority of the 442nd?

Answer: Look it up if you really don't know

Of course there were far, far, far~ more Americans of Italian and German ancestry in the US at the time.

Around 3000 Italians or Americans of Italian ancestry (civilians, not POWs) were 'concentrated' during the war.
Around 11,000 Germans or Americans of German ancestry were treated likewise.

And from the far, far, far~ smaller population of Japanese and Americans of Japanese ancestry? Over 100,000

Yeah, that fucking FDR was a real peach.

Hard to say, actually. I think it's because they were classified as "machine guns" and therefore not considered small arms of the type intended by the founders.

I think it is presumptuous to imagine we could accurately state what the founders would have thought about full auto versus semi-auto modern weaponry and think that we can somehow definitively draw that line where we would like it to be and bless our parsing with the holy writ of the founder's pen, and simultaneously condemn others who would draw that line elsewhere.

I'm not sure I agree. SCOTUS is always imagining what the founders would have thought about a wide range of issues. I'm pretty sure machine guns were banned in 1934 along with concealable shotguns and other weapons deemed to be used by "mobsters."

Hardly.

No right is absolute, including those enshrined by the Second Amendment.

And Congress is authorized to limit those rights in the context of a compelling governmental interest. The question is: where to draw the line between appropriate regulation and laws enacted to regulate that are offensive to the Constitution.

Hardly.

No right is absolute, including those enshrined by the Second Amendment.

And Congress is authorized to limit those rights in the context of a compelling governmental interest. The question is: where to draw the line between appropriate regulation and laws enacted to regulate that are offensive to the Constitution.

I haven't said anything to the contrary.

Although ruling after ruling shows SCOTUS trying to divine the founders' intent.

How many Japanese-Americans were ever convicted of treason or espionage during WWII?

Answer: 0

What remains to this day the most decorated unit in US Military history?

Answer: The 442nd

Guess which Americans comprised the majority of the 442nd?

Answer: Look it up if you really don't know

I already mentioned it. Why is it people can't handle someone with a different opinion? They didn't have your advantage of hind sight back then. I'm sure there were incidences of Americans attacking Japanese Americans.

Last edited:
I'm sure there were incidences of Americans attacking Japanese Americans.

So, if someone attacks you, would you welcome the government throwing you into a concentration camp in response?

Forum List

Back