The Right To Bear Arms

I'm sure there were incidences of Americans attacking Japanese Americans.

So, if someone attacks you, would you welcome the government throwing you into a concentration camp in response?

The point was made clearly and trying to change it to another scenario changes the whole thing. Let's be realistic, when you people start calling Japanese internment concentration camps, you're over the edge. I could care less about your opinion on the matter. No one said war was a pretty thing.

The government has always reacted to situations like the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Twin Towers, and mass violence with emotional responses. They rarely think about what they should do to protect American citizens, instead they follow some crazy gut instinct to restrict the rights of folks that have nothing to do with the actual situation but that makes people "feel" safer. The American people go along with this crap and get all caught up in it because they believe that any action that might save a single life is worth any loss in the rights of the entire population.
Those that have fought the wars of freedom surely must be turning in their graves each time this happens.

Let's be realistic, when you people start calling Japanese internment concentration camps, you're over the edge.

That's what FDR himself called them. Was he over the edge? Concentration camps are what they were. A fucking villian is what FDR was. An un-American cur is what YOU are.

A distinguished citizen takes a stand on one of the most controversial issues in the nation
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

1. to provide that, to acquire a firearm, an application be made reciting age, residence, employment and any prior criminal convictions?
In a free society, you do not have apply for permission to exercise a right.

2. to required that this application lie on the table for 10 days (absent a showing for urgent need) before the license would be issued?
In a free society, a right delayed is a right denied, and it is NEVER necessary to show a "need" to exercise a right as immediately as possible.

3. that the transfer of a firearm be made essentially as with that of a motor vehicle?
As in:
1: pay money
2: take posession
Ok by me.

4. to have a "ballistic fingerprint" of the firearm made by the manufacturer and filed with the license record so that, if a bullet is found in a victim's body, law enforcement might be helped in finding the culprit?
Resgistration (of any kind) is a precondition to the exercise of the right not inherent to same, and thus an infringement,.

Last edited:
Yes. Assholes that want to restrict the rights of citizens have come into power. That does not mean we should buckle under. This is NOT a democracy!

There's also a thing called common sense and Americans shouldn't oversimplify. In a democracy, people shouldn't have the freedom to do whatever the hell they want like drink and drive, commit murder, etc. There is also no need for citizens to stockpile assault rifles in the modern United States due to an outdated amendment. It's extremely dangerous and unnecessary, and needs to be changed.

Because you feel the need to express your first amendment right through an avatar I need to express my second amendment right
Occupy everything? Really dude that will only get you six feet deep.

The second amendment is no more out-dated than any of the others.
What is out-dated is the prosecution and sentancing of those found guilty of violent crimes.

Let's be realistic, when you people start calling Japanese internment concentration camps, you're over the edge.

That's what FDR himself called them. Was he over the edge? Concentration camps are what they were. A fucking villian is what FDR was. An un-American cur is what YOU are.

Kiss my ass, Motherfucker! There have always been assholes like you in this country, who sit on the sidelines bitching and second guessing history, while others do the fighting. What have you ever done in your life to preserve that liberty you keep blabbing about?

You need to grow the fuck up!

I'm sure there were incidences of Americans attacking Japanese Americans.

So, if someone attacks you, would you welcome the government throwing you into a concentration camp in response?

The point was made clearly and trying to change it to another scenario changes the whole thing. Let's be realistic, when you people start calling Japanese internment concentration camps, you're over the edge. I could care less about your opinion on the matter. No one said war was a pretty thing.

Actually the term you should have used is "I couldn't care less"

the right to bear arms did not apply to AK41 assault weapons and rocket launchers for private protection but for military use. WTF do anyone other and the military need a AK41 for if not to kill lots of people?

Actually the term you should have used is "I couldn't care less"

Couldn't would be an absolute lack of care. People are entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean I accept them for my own. It's rather stupid to call people un-American because they believe there was a necessity for Japanese Internment. I understand how people today can look back and think things that happened in the past weren't necessary, but those are the kinds of people who can't walk around in the other person's shoes.

Japanese-American internment was the relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of about 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese who lived along the Pacific coast of the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps," in the wake of Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.[2][3] The internment of Japanese Americans was applied unequally throughout the United States. All who lived on the West Coast of the United States were interned, while in Hawaii, where the 150,000-plus Japanese Americans composed over one-third of the population, an estimated 1,200[4] to 1,800 were interned.[5] Of those interned, 62% were American citizens.[6][7]

During World War II, over 7,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese from Latin America were held in internment camps run by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, part of the Department of Justice. In this period, Latin Americans of Japanese ancestry were rounded up and transported to American internment camps run by the U.S. Justice Department.[52][53][54] These Latin American internees were eventually, through the efforts of civil rights attorney Wayne M. Collins,[55][56] offered "parole" relocation to the labor-starved farming community in Seabrook, New Jersey.[57] Many became naturalized American citizens or Japanese Americans after the war.

Of 127,000 Japanese Americans living in the continental United States at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, 112,000 resided on the West Coast.[19]

Upon the bombing of Pearl Harbor and pursuant to the Alien Enemies Act, Presidential Proclamations 2525, 2526 and 2527 were issued designating Japanese, German and Italian nationals as enemy aliens.[25] Information from the CDI was used to locate and incarcerate foreign nationals from Japan, Germany and Italy (although Germany and Italy did not declare war on the U.S. until December 11).

Internment was not limited to those who had been to Japan, but included a small number of German and Italian enemy aliens.[23]

Source: Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have serious doubts that the people who are so much against Japanese Internment even examined those times, but let's do an analysis with a little more depth!

There is nothing better than numbers and concrete facts to build a case. The Japanese attack Pearl Harbor and war is declared. The next major battle in the Pacific is the Coral Sea, which is credited for preventing an attack against Australia. The most westward island in the Hawaiian chain is Midway and where did the Japanese attack next? They also attacked Alaska as a diversion, but we had already cracked the Japanese code and knew Midway was the target.

Looking at the numbers in the link, we have 150,000-plus Japanese Americans living in Hawaii and only 1,200 to 1,800 were interned. Hawaii was a territory, so it's citizens were Americans, like someone in Puerto Rico is an American, though there were Japanese nationals interned there, too. On the west coast of the United States and Arizona, all the Japanese were put in internment camps. This behavior looks a little odd compared to Hawaii. There is definitely the message there that they aren't going to chance information coming out of the continental United States, but they will chance it in Hawaii, where a critical Naval Base exists? Putting over a third of Hawaii's population in internment does present some problems, but using the average figure about 1% of the Japanese living in Hawaii were placed in internment camps, while nearly a 100% of Japanese living on or near the west coast went to camps and those that didn't must of relocated.

Crunching the numbers a little further, we have a total of 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese placed in internment. That would mean around 108,500 were placed in internment in the continental US and about 62% of them were Japanese Americans. Of that total then 68,200 Japanese Americans and 41,800 Japanese that weren't Americans at the max were placed in internment for approximately 2 years 10 months on average, if they didn't manage to get out. Over 7,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese were tranported from Latin America to our internment camps, but we'll assume those have the same percentage of Americans. That means the continental US and Hawaii had more than 277,000 people of Japanese ancestry and of them about 68,200 Japanese Americans were placed in internment. That is less than 24.6% of the Japanese people living in America or it's territories. Notice that wasn't even adjusted down for the 7,000 who arrived from Latin America.

So, were the Japanese in America rounded up and placed in internment camps? No, some were.

Did the Japanese Imperial state call on all Japanese abroad to spy for it? Yes, they did.

Well, what about the Germans and Italians? The west coast of the United States was scared shitless. They sent German and Italian nationals to internment camps, along with all the Japanese. They weren't taking any chances of spying on the west coast, which had critical naval bases. Japan had a world class naval force that used modern carrier tactics. It had submarines that could relay signals from spys on land. The balance of power in the Pacific was in the hands of the Japanese and America was on the defensive. On the east coast, there was no threat of invasion, so even foreign enemy nationals were given freedom, but excluded from restricted areas. The priorities of war meant going after Germany first. The times were not looking good for Americans living that moment in history and they weren't looking good for the British and later the Soviets. It's only hindsight that makes people believe winning WWII wasn't the total war that it was. I'm sure those people living in cities that were fire bombed would trade places with those in internment camps.

I don't object to removing people posing a threat from the west coast or the internment of people they considered a threat anywhere during WWII. I think it was a mistake not to relocate many of the west coast Japanese further east and give them an opportunity to benefit themselves during the war years. The only threat they posed was spying which has limited transmission ranges and sabotage, which can be controlled by restricted areas and intelligence. Obviously Japanese would draw more attention than Italians and Germans.

Forum List

Back