The right's hatred for Obama: If it isn't "race", then what is it?

We've asked the right wing to explain their hatred for Obama. They've pretty much given up on it because when they attempt to assign a reason, it comes across as "ridiculous".

We hate him because he's a "Muslim". They've stopped saying that because it uncovers their religious intolerance. We know he's not a Muslim. So we don't really hear that too much anymore. Besides, he took out most of al Qaeda and Bin Laden after Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

We hate him because he's "Communist/Fascist/Marxist" which shows the right doesn't understand the meaning of those words.

We hate him because he went to a church where a preacher said "God Damn America". In context, the preacher saying God damn America is what will happen if we don't follow God's scripture, which puts him in agreement with at least 85% of Republicans.

We hate him because he barely know's Bill Ayers, a man who blew up an office while protesting the Vietnam war. Wow, how could one man cause so much damage? Oh wait, ask Timothy McVeigh. And Ayers did it when Obama was 8 years old, which proves he was "in on it".:cuckoo: Funnier still, they both worked at the Annenberg Foundation, a right wing, conservative foundation, but on separate boards. They rarely met. But there has to be "something". There just has to be. There has to.

We hate him because he is pulling out of Iraq/he stayed in Iraq - I wish they would make up their minds.

We hate him because he increased the national debt. Bush and the Republicans passed an enormous tax cut targeting the rich DURING A TIME OF WAR which passed through that "reconciliation" they seem to hate so much. They passed a "drugs for votes" bill again through reconciliation, Bush did nothing after Katrina, never included the cost of either war in his budgets, thereby making incredible lies to the American people about the cost of the wars. Republicans know that Obama couldn't just "end" Bush policies, they know it doesn't work that way, yet they still accuse him of following the worst Bush policies, which of course, were ALL Bush policies.

They hate him for his stimulus package. Over a hundred Republicans took stimulus money and created thousands of jobs. Republicans like to pretend that once the railroad is build, there are no more jobs. Except now, goods can be transported and workers can work from farther away. The same for bridges and roads and broadband.

They hate him for saving the auto industry. Imagine where we would be without that entire industry.

None of these reasons make sense. As hard as they try to spin Obama's success into failure, it's hollow. Too unbelievable. Look how hard they tried to suggest that Obama only got Bin Laden because of the Republican failed policies of torture. John McCain shot that down. That and the tape of Bush insisting he doesn't think about Bin Laden any more. I believe Bush.

So why all the hate? Could the Republican Party being 90% white and based in the Confederate South have anything to do with it?

obamabucks3.jpg

racist-tennessee-senator.jpg

Tea-Party-sign.jpg

racism.jpg

Many of the most racist pics were used by Republicans for mass mailouts during the campaign. Of course, they said, "Oh, we're sorry", which of course, didn't stop them from doing it again.

One has to wonder, have the Republicans convinced themselves it's not about race?
His race is just a tool they use. Most really hate him because he's a Dem.

We've asked the right wing to explain their hatred for Obama. They've pretty much given up on it because when they attempt to assign a reason, it comes across as "ridiculous".

We hate him because he's a "Muslim". They've stopped saying that because it uncovers their religious intolerance. We know he's not a Muslim. So we don't really hear that too much anymore. Besides, he took out most of al Qaeda and Bin Laden after Republicans let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

We hate him because he's "Communist/Fascist/Marxist" which shows the right doesn't understand the meaning of those words.

We hate him because he went to a church where a preacher said "God Damn America". In context, the preacher saying God damn America is what will happen if we don't follow God's scripture, which puts him in agreement with at least 85% of Republicans.

We hate him because he barely know's Bill Ayers, a man who blew up an office while protesting the Vietnam war. Wow, how could one man cause so much damage? Oh wait, ask Timothy McVeigh. And Ayers did it when Obama was 8 years old, which proves he was "in on it".:cuckoo: Funnier still, they both worked at the Annenberg Foundation, a right wing, conservative foundation, but on separate boards. They rarely met. But there has to be "something". There just has to be. There has to.

We hate him because he is pulling out of Iraq/he stayed in Iraq - I wish they would make up their minds.

We hate him because he increased the national debt. Bush and the Republicans passed an enormous tax cut targeting the rich DURING A TIME OF WAR which passed through that "reconciliation" they seem to hate so much. They passed a "drugs for votes" bill again through reconciliation, Bush did nothing after Katrina, never included the cost of either war in his budgets, thereby making incredible lies to the American people about the cost of the wars. Republicans know that Obama couldn't just "end" Bush policies, they know it doesn't work that way, yet they still accuse him of following the worst Bush policies, which of course, were ALL Bush policies.

They hate him for his stimulus package. Over a hundred Republicans took stimulus money and created thousands of jobs. Republicans like to pretend that once the railroad is build, there are no more jobs. Except now, goods can be transported and workers can work from farther away. The same for bridges and roads and broadband.

They hate him for saving the auto industry. Imagine where we would be without that entire industry.

None of these reasons make sense. As hard as they try to spin Obama's success into failure, it's hollow. Too unbelievable. Look how hard they tried to suggest that Obama only got Bin Laden because of the Republican failed policies of torture. John McCain shot that down. That and the tape of Bush insisting he doesn't think about Bin Laden any more. I believe Bush.

So why all the hate? Could the Republican Party being 90% white and based in the Confederate South have anything to do with it?

obamabucks3.jpg

Tea-Party-sign.jpg

racism.jpg

Many of the most racist pics were used by Republicans for mass mailouts during the campaign. Of course, they said, "Oh, we're sorry", which of course, didn't stop them from doing it again.

One has to wonder, have the Republicans convinced themselves it's not about race?

yeah yeah, everybody just hates the poor Obama..yawn

obamabucks3.jpg

Tea-Party-sign.jpg

racism.jpg

In your case I'm pretty sure it's racism.

You're pretty extreme. Of course you have your extreme counterparts on the Right so it balances out. But none of my Conservative friends dislike Obama because he's black. They hate ObamaCare and guess what? As an Independent, so do I! It sucks balls.
He bailed out the banks with zero limitations, restrictions or penalties. This was bad imo.
He bailed out GM which historically speaking, was okay and may eventually end up being okay but again, Conservatives hated it. Although I disagree with them, it's reasonable for them to have that opinion.
A lot of them hate him because of his views on social issues. Repealing DADT was IMO (as a vet with friends who were in Iraq & AF) a great thing but Social Conservatives hate it.
He has been very hypocritcal on many things. That can't be denied.
Then of course, there's the natural prejudice against him because of party. Just like the prejudice you have consistently displayed. So nothing he does well will ever be acknowledged - anymore than you would acknowledge the things Bush did well.
But race just isn't it.

Last edited:

In your case I'm pretty sure it's racism.

In your case I don't care what you think you're sure of..
We witnessed REAL HATE all through the Bush administration. so I don't take any of you lefties serious with your whine about hate and charges of racism

Not that republicans in general (or even necessarily in this post) any less guilty of this, but I notice that nobody defending the theory that the right makes up reasons to hate Obama because he's black is offering up any sort of logical arguments stating -why- the criticisms of his policies are myth. You just state it like it's inarguable fact and then use that as a premise for your argument. This process is an insult to logical debate. The guy with the avatar that says Breastfeeding rocks! shouldn't be the one that has to explain this.

Last edited:
Not that republicans in general (or even necessarily in this post) any less guilty of this, but I notice that nobody defending the theory that the right makes up reasons to hate Obama because he's black is offering up any sort of logical arguments stating -why- the criticisms of his policies are myth. You just state it like it's inarguable fact and then use that as a premise for your argument. This process is an insult to logical debate. The guy with the avatar that says Breastfeeding rocks! shouldn't be the one that has to explain this.

There was a breast feeding titty baby avie not too long ago that was a bit more -- uhm -- direct than your avie is.

But, other than that, yeah.

What you said.

I see some of the mind numbingly stupid are still crying racism.

I cry stupidity. You morons fit the bill perfectly. With dipshit deanie leading the way.

My main hatred of Obama is the same as my hatred for all the Presidents in the last 50 years.They all would not secure our borders and deport all illegals. I hate Obama for others reasons also--but my # one hatred is on illegal immigration!! I,of course,hold a special hatred for Reagan who gave 3 millions illegals amnesty in 1986.

Then taek a look at my post and see if you feel the same way. I believe I made some sound arguments.

[...]

[...]
I believe the race factor alone has a lot to do with it but I can only guess how much. I'm sure a lot of the antipathy toward Obama has to do with his charismatic nature and his obviously superior intelligence.

I don't know about hate because that is a very powerful emotion and Obama is not an easy person to hate, mainly because fear is by far the most active precursor of hatred and Obama doesn't project any cause to fear him. The antipathy toward him seems to me to be more of a profound resentment.

Bush on the other hand is much easier to hate because that man is capable of extreme evil. He is a truly malevolent sonofabitch.

[...]

[...]
I believe the race factor alone has a lot to do with it but I can only guess how much. I'm sure a lot of the antipathy toward Obama has to do with his charismatic nature and his obviously superior intelligence.

I don't know about hate because that is a very powerful emotion and Obama is not an easy person to hate, mainly because fear is by far the most active precursor of hatred and Obama doesn't project any cause to fear him. The antipathy toward him seems to me to be more of a profound resentment.

Bush on the other hand is much easier to hate because that man is capable of extreme evil. He is a truly malevolent sonofabitch.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forum List

Back