The Senate Passed $484 billion Bill

For Payroll Protection Program, and increased aid to hospitals and for testing.

House votes on it Thursday. Increased aid to hospitals and for testing were the Democrat add-ons that Trump said had "nothing to do with Covid." So the House should pass it no problem.

No paywall or turning off your ad blocker:
Mnucin said it was $600 Billion. Half to go to PPP. The other half to hospitals, Fire, etc. Same thing you talk about?
I believe so. The article said that's what it's for. Don't know about Fire.
I heard it straight outa Mnucins mouth. $600B split in half. PPP and ES and testing.

You know, the Payroll Protection Program is a forgiveable loan to small business owners so they can keep people on the payroll and continue to pay them, even if furloughed, so that they can restart quicker when the pandemic is over.

If Trump has this great plan in place, why in the hell is unemployment spiking through the roof? Isn't the plan supposed to work in place of welfare?

I'm sure it's helping. Do you know how much money it would cost to keep all those people working?
he's got a beat up trump point. i don't think he gives a fuck about the details or even being "correct" in why.

This program is for 500 employees or less. That means large companies have to figure out a way to survive. So of course they had to layoff employees. No other choice really.

500 employees or less is what they said, but big companies have managed to figure out how to get some of the money. Ruth's Chris Steak House got a whole bunch of money, but in the public uproar, they decided to give the money back. Same with Snack Shack.

But, there are other large companies who are keeping the money, even though they aren't supposed to qualify.

As part of the Cares Act, the government’s Covid-19 rescue package, Congress provided $349 billion to help small businesses keep paying their employees. The Paycheck Protection Program, or PPP, is overseen by the Small Business Administration. Commercial banks give out the money as loans that will be forgiven if the small businesses hire back their workers by June. Although the program was meant to help businesses with 500 or fewer employees, big hotel and restaurant chains successfully lobbied to be included.

“The PPP came with no user manual and it was extremely confusing,” said an open letter from Shake Shack’s chief executive Randy Garutti and its founder and chairman Danny Meyer. The program was open to any restaurant business that had no more than 500 workers per location. Since each Shake Shack has about 45 employees, they wrote, the chain applied, and got $10 million last week through its regular lender JPMorgan Chase (JPM).

There are 189 Shake Shacks with nearly 8,000 workers, said the executives.

“[W]hen it was announced that funding for the PPP had been exhausted, businesses across the country were understandably up in arms,” they continued. “We now know that the first phase of the PPP was underfunded, and many who need it most, haven’t gotten any assistance.“

You know, the Payroll Protection Program is a forgiveable loan to small business owners so they can keep people on the payroll and continue to pay them, even if furloughed, so that they can restart quicker when the pandemic is over.

If Trump has this great plan in place, why in the hell is unemployment spiking through the roof? Isn't the plan supposed to work in place of welfare?
Not everyone works for a small business? the self-employed? Cut backs in staff when a place is still open? I think some of these folks got "laid off" by their employers before the PPP was established. They all plan to get called back to work as soon as their boss can reopen. There are a LOT of people working in this country.

Nope, sorry, but self employed and "gig workers" (Uber and Lyft), are eligible for this program as well.

All small businesses qualify for the Payment Protection Program.

This includes:

Sole proprietors who report income and pay taxes on a Schedule C in your personal tax return.

Independent contractors who collect 1099-MISC forms.

Gig economy workers who take on-call jobs provided by companies such as Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, and Instacart.

The only stipulation is that your business was operational as of February 15, 2020. If you started your business after that date, you will not be eligible for this program.
Mnucin also said, and did Trump, all those who aren't supposed to receive PPP are going to give it back. No vetting? Give me a f'n break. I say they all got caught in this magnificent way to fleece the ever lasting fuck out of the US taxpayer and citizens.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm sure it's helping. Do you know how much money it would cost to keep all those people working?
he's got a beat up trump point. i don't think he gives a fuck about the details or even being "correct" in why.

This program is for 500 employees or less. That means large companies have to figure out a way to survive. So of course they had to layoff employees. No other choice really.

500 employees or less is what they said, but big companies have managed to figure out how to get some of the money. Ruth's Chris Steak House got a whole bunch of money, but in the public uproar, they decided to give the money back. Same with Snack Shack.

But, there are other large companies who are keeping the money, even though they aren't supposed to qualify.

As part of the Cares Act, the government’s Covid-19 rescue package, Congress provided $349 billion to help small businesses keep paying their employees. The Paycheck Protection Program, or PPP, is overseen by the Small Business Administration. Commercial banks give out the money as loans that will be forgiven if the small businesses hire back their workers by June. Although the program was meant to help businesses with 500 or fewer employees, big hotel and restaurant chains successfully lobbied to be included.

“The PPP came with no user manual and it was extremely confusing,” said an open letter from Shake Shack’s chief executive Randy Garutti and its founder and chairman Danny Meyer. The program was open to any restaurant business that had no more than 500 workers per location. Since each Shake Shack has about 45 employees, they wrote, the chain applied, and got $10 million last week through its regular lender JPMorgan Chase (JPM).

“[W]hen it was announced that funding for the PPP had been exhausted, businesses across the country were understandably up in arms,” they continued. “We now know that the first phase of the PPP was underfunded, and many who need it most, haven’t gotten any assistance.“
Trump and Mnucin also said that Harvard is giving back what they got as their endowments are huge and NEVER should have got any as of that statement.

Not everyone works for a small business? the self-employed? Cut backs in staff when a place is still open? I think some of these folks got "laid off" by their employers before the PPP was established. They all plan to get called back to work as soon as their boss can reopen. There are a LOT of people working in this country.

Nope, sorry, but self employed and "gig workers" (Uber and Lyft), are eligible for this program as well.

This includes:

Sole proprietors who report income and pay taxes on a Schedule C in your personal tax return.

Gig economy workers who take on-call jobs provided by companies such as Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, and Instacart.

The only stipulation is that your business was operational as of February 15, 2020. If you started your business after that date, you will not be eligible for this program.
Mnucin also said, and did Trump, all those who aren't supposed to receive PPP are going to give it back. No vetting? Give me a f'n break. I say they all got caught in this magnificent way to fleece the ever lasting fuck out of the US taxpayer and citizens.
I do.

Trump and Mnucin also said that Harvard is giving back what they got as their endowments are huge.

If this is such a good program, and only for small businesses, then how in the hell did major chains get the money? Oh wait..............instead of counting all their locations and employees, they considered one location to be one business, even if it is part of a chain. That is the loophole they used because it is so poorly written.

For Payroll Protection Program, and increased aid to hospitals and for testing.

House votes on it Thursday. Increased aid to hospitals and for testing were the Democrat add-ons that Trump said had "nothing to do with Covid." So the House should pass it no problem.

No paywall or turning off your ad blocker:
Mnucin it was $600 Billion. Half to go to PPP. The other half to hospitals, Fire, etc. Same thing you talk about?
I believe so. The article said that's what it's for. Don't know about Fire.
I heard it straight outa Mnucins mouth. $600B split in half. PPP and ES and testing.
What passed the Senate is $484B. Here, it's a google search. $484B.

Trump and Mnucin also said that Harvard is giving back what they got as their endowments are huge.

If this is such a good program, and only for small businesses, then how in the hell did major chains get the money? Oh wait..............instead of counting all their locations and employees, they considered one location to be one business, even if it is part of a chain. That is the loophole they used because it is so poorly written.
one again you're not even attempting to research your questions, you're jumping to conclusions that support your hate.

fuck that shit, dude. you can't even begin to understand what i'm talking about because trying to do so stands between you and your hate. you just won't have that will you?

the entire bill is likely poorly written. that happens when you do it in a rush from a group of people who hate each other. look to all to share this blame; not one.

or you're part of the problem.

so it's not just trump companies. and yes, it was worded very bad but that's not trump. that's our collective government in action. they're so busy pushing their sides bullshit over the other they can't see how their actions are going to play out. they're doing it by FEELZ and WISZHES vs. logic and common sense.

snack shack only gave it back also AFTER they got funding elsewhere. but no matter how much you prep for any situation there are simply going to be exceptions to the rule.

those exceptions are then usually paraded around as the common factor and people get all fucked up nuts over shit that isn't all that common if they just put their emotions down for a bit and look at the issue from start to finish w/o a horse in the race.

last part is the hardest. people are out to prove they're right - not out to learn facts. that's on us and that's what got us this gov.

This includes:

Todays press conference is where I heard T & M talk. Your article was released around the same time. Maybe that is why.

Trump and Mnucin also said that Harvard is giving back what they got as their endowments are huge and NEVER should have got any as of that statement.
Trump is going to ASK, REQUEST it. We'll see if any of them, including Harvard, give it back. Askin' ain't gettin'.

President Trump
said Tuesday that he is going to ask large businesses and institutions such as Harvard University to return money that they received as part of a coronavirus relief package.
“I’m going to request it,” Trump told reporters at the White House, singling out the Ivy League school. “Harvard is going to pay back the money. They shouldn’t be taking it.”

Trump is going to ASK, REQUEST it. We'll see if any of them, including Harvard, give it back. Askin' ain't gettin'.
President Trump said Tuesday that he is going to ask large businesses and institutions such as Harvard University to return money that they received as part of a coronavirus relief package.
“I’m going to request it,” Trump told reporters at the White House, singling out the Ivy League school. “Harvard is going to pay back the money. They shouldn’t be taking it.”
i blame our collective government for not being able to work together so this doesn't happen. don't really care whether they like each other or not anymore.

but this is what happens when we move quick and not together. we're all to blame really.

This includes:

Todays press conference is where I heard T & M talk. Your article was released around the same time. Maybe that is why.
I'm just glad there's finally an agreement. There are still a lot of fishermen around here waiting for round #2. A lot of trouble accessing the program to apply, they said. My boss got through and was approved just one day before they ran out of funds. Phew!

This includes:

I'm just glad there's finally an agreement. There are still a lot of fishermen around here waiting for round #2. A lot of trouble accessing the program to apply, they said. My boss got through and was approved just one day before they ran out of funds. Phew!
what is it like day by day there? the supply chain disruption has farmers (dairy and otherwise) dumping product because they can't get it to market.

but i would imagine people in that position are pretty hard hit but i'd like to understand more of the impact of this on them.

President Trump said Tuesday that he is going to ask large businesses and institutions such as Harvard University to return money that they received as part of a coronavirus relief package.
i blame our collective government for not being able to work together so this doesn't happen. don't really care whether they like each other or not anymore.

but this is what happens when we move quick and not together. we're all to blame really.
The way I look at it, we're going to pay for it one way or the other: either through PPP or through unemployment. Yes, it's a shame a lot of ACTUALLY SMALL businesses (around here 500 employees would be a giant business) got pushed aside. But we're going to pay one way or the other, so it's not making my blood pressure go up much.

And who knew Harvard was a small business? lol

Pelosi blocked this for weeks, and even now can’t be bothered to vote tomorrow on it.

The way I look at it, we're going to pay for it one way or the other: either through PPP or through unemployment. Yes, it's a shame a lot of ACTUALLY SMALL businesses (around here 500 employees would be a giant business) got pushed aside. But we're going to pay one way or the other, so it's not making my blood pressure go up much.

And who knew Harvard was a small business? lol
maybe it's a tad hypocritical - but some social shaming on harvard is called for. :)

That is why I say "Don't hold your breath"

Don't get me wrong. Nothing personal toward you and the OP. I am livid by those in charge that say one thing and do another. When the general public can see what's going on and complain (outcry) I feel for them. So transparent that this Admin + Treasury Sec. is oh so bad. Incompetent? Crooked? SOS

Forum List

Back