CDZ The Surprising Psychology of January 6

You keep saying that but in reality the blue states and cities vote against there own pocket book

Really? Can you demonstrate how?

Frankly, if anything, those Blue Cities used to have nice middle class lifestyles because they had unions. They had good jobs that paid living wages for people who didn't have (or need) a college education. Well, the Republicans have spent the last 40 years dismantling that...

Fail to mention food stamps is tied into it?

No failure at all... Food stamps are meant to keep demand for agricultural products high so that there's a demand, so it's actually profitable to grow food.
Since when was the last time a republican was in charge of Chicago, Detroit for that matter Atlanta?

If blue states and cities where cheaper I would move there, not leave there

Um, I didn't say it.
Oh... I must be confused on what a thumbs up means on a post. Would you be so good as to explain it to me?
It means he made a fair general point. Absolutely. As I have pointed out elsewhere on this thread, those who enable racism may even be worse than the individual racists themselves.

But I didn't write that post, nor did I post your name.

If you feel sensitive to my agreement with that post, that's not my problem.

Last edited:
They just want people scared so that when the economy collapse they will not protest or be labeled a terrorist.

We must listen to and understand the motivations of people who we disagree with before we can fix anything. Gee. What a novel idea.

This, more than anything else.

I recall when Ron Paul was universally lambasted in the 2008 Republican primaries for making this point regarding the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks. The populists and the demagogues, braying jackasses all, accused him of "sympathizing" with the terrorists. They were actively, and adamantly, opposed to any efforts to understand the motivations of the terrorists.

And now liberals are saying we should dismiss the concerns of Trump supporters in exactly the same way:

The problem with this argument, that Democrats make every few years, is that you can't reach out to these people. Their oblivious. They've been so engrained in their racism that they will vote against their own economic interests and they have been doing so since Tricky Dick.

"Republicans are racist, mkay?"
I don't care about the motivation of any terrorist. If anyone resorts to terrorism to further a political goal, they need to get a fair trial and a speedy execution of captured, or killed during their terrorist attack. No negotiation, no attempt at placation.

We must listen to and understand the motivations of people who we disagree with before we can fix anything. Gee. What a novel idea.

This, more than anything else.

I recall when Ron Paul was universally lambasted in the 2008 Republican primaries for making this point regarding the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks. The populists and the demagogues, braying jackasses all, accused him of "sympathizing" with the terrorists. They were actively, and adamantly, opposed to any efforts to understand the motivations of the terrorists.

And now liberals are saying we should dismiss the concerns of Trump supporters in exactly the same way:

The problem with this argument, that Democrats make every few years, is that you can't reach out to these people. Their oblivious. They've been so engrained in their racism that they will vote against their own economic interests and they have been doing so since Tricky Dick.

"Republicans are racist, mkay?"
I don't care about the motivation of any terrorist.
It's not a question of "caring". The point is to understand your enemy - so you can undermine their efforts. But hey, go ahead and keep your head in the sand. I'm sure it's cozy.

Trumpism is very much about maintaining and strengthening every unfair advantage white people have left. They being vengeful minded are certain all the people that got officially treated like garbage for 250 years are out for some payback.

Whites have no "unfair advantage".

Whites are widely and massively discriminated against.

I note that you cite "250 years of official treatment" and don't bother mentions the ever increasing efforts of the last few generations to help blacks (and browns).

That is not accurately or fairly discussing the issue. That is being part of the problem.
Trumpism has been a real joy to people who go through life being called selfish assholes. Suddenly here's this movement that tells you that your prejudices are patriotism and your fears are justified.

Wanting to NOT be discriminated against, or having some issue with rapid demographic shift is not a "prejudice".
If you don't want people to think you are racist you need to quit letting racists speak for you.
There are those who are simply racist, and those who are willing to enable them via denial, deflection and willful ignorance.

Which is worse? I guess I could make an argument in either direction.

Occupied is smearing scores of millions of good people, with a slur, for partisan purposes, and you are supporting him.

This type of behavior has been used to dismiss the valid interests and concerns of the people that the 1/6 rioters came from.

If you want to understand their psychology, you need to understand that you being a dick to them, is going to result in them being angry with you.

You do it long enough, and the list of grievances get big enough, and violence will eventually result.

Question: Has anything happened to REDUCE that list since 1/6, or is it only growing?
Collectively the hard right is as racist as a Klan meeting. Step away from the bastards and make some effort to differentiate yourself and the problem goes away.

You are being very vague about who you are talking about, but real quick with very serious and personal slurs. I guess the clean debate zone is ok with that.

The Klan is estimated at a few thousand people in this country. Even if you try to count EVERY ws, you still will be lucky to get into the 5 digits.

They are an insignificant fringe and anyone smearing the GOP as a whole, or a mainstream figure like Trump with them, is being....

very divisive. And violating the spirit of the Clean Debate Zone, if not the letter of it.

AND my point is, that the more you do that, and the more you suppress the right of good people to have valid issues and concerns discussed because someone called them names, the more you create the situation where violence is going to occur.

Trumpism is very much about maintaining and strengthening every unfair advantage white people have left. They being vengeful minded are certain all the people that got officially treated like garbage for 250 years are out for some payback.

I note that you cite "250 years of official treatment" and don't bother mentions the ever increasing efforts of the last few generations to help blacks (and browns).

That is not accurately or fairly discussing the issue. That is being part of the problem.
Trumpism has been a real joy to people who go through life being called selfish assholes. Suddenly here's this movement that tells you that your prejudices are patriotism and your fears are justified.

Wanting to NOT be discriminated against, or having some issue with rapid demographic shift is not a "prejudice".
If you don't want people to think you are racist you need to quit letting racists speak for you.
There are those who are simply racist, and those who are willing to enable them via denial, deflection and willful ignorance.

Occupied is smearing scores of millions of good people, with a slur, for partisan purposes, and you are supporting him.

This type of behavior has been used to dismiss the valid interests and concerns of the people that the 1/6 rioters came from.

If you want to understand their psychology, you need to understand that you being a dick to them, is going to result in them being angry with you.

You do it long enough, and the list of grievances get big enough, and violence will eventually result.

Question: Has anything happened to REDUCE that list since 1/6, or is it only growing?
Collectively the hard right is as racist as a Klan meeting. Step away from the bastards and make some effort to differentiate yourself and the problem goes away.

You are being very vague about who you are talking about, but real quick with very serious and personal slurs. I guess the clean debate zone is ok with that.

The Klan is estimated at a few thousand people in this country. Even if you try to count EVERY ws, you still will be lucky to get into the 5 digits.

They are an insignificant fringe and anyone smearing the GOP as a whole, or a mainstream figure like Trump with them, is being....

very divisive. And violating the spirit of the Clean Debate Zone, if not the letter of it.

AND my point is, that the more you do that, and the more you suppress the right of good people to have valid issues and concerns discussed because someone called them names, the more you create the situation where violence is going to occur.
For every card-carrying Klan member there are ten-thousand who will never say anything against them. That looks a lot like tacit approval. That was clearly illustrated during the battle over confederate monuments. Every one of you knew for a fact that White supremacists were leading that fight and you fell in behind them. The right has failed the racism test every single time since Trump became your leader.

For every card-carrying Klan member there are ten-thousand who will never say anything against them. That looks a lot like tacit approval. That was clearly illustrated during the battle over confederate monuments. Every one of you knew for a fact that White supremacists were leading that fight and you fell in behind them. The right has failed the racism test every single time since Trump became your leader.

We do not know that. YOu people want to believe that, because it gives you an excuse to smear and vilify people you hate.

The more you call people vile names, FALSELY, the more you piss us off.

Do you want more violence?

We do not know that. YOu people want to believe that, because it gives you an excuse to smear and vilify people you hate.

Are you threatening violence if we don't stop calling out your bullshit? If there was anything good, honest or decent there you assholes threw it in the trash on 1/6. More violence is not going to do anything except to further damn your cause.

Are you threatening violence if we don't stop calling out your bullshit? If there was anything good, honest or decent there you assholes threw it in the trash on 1/6. More violence is not going to do anything except to further damn your cause.
"If we're violent, it's your fault". The excuse of rapists and terrorists.

As we saw on Jan 6.

Trump was a lousy racist. He wanted charter schools for inner city Black kids. He set up Opportunity Zones to benefit Black neighborhoods. They also saw their wages rise significantly before the Scamdemic.

It means he made a fair general point. Absolutely. As I have pointed out elsewhere on this thread, those who enable racism may even be worse than the individual racists themselves.

I don't feel sensitive to it... I see it as you being a hypocrite. You say one thing, and do another. If that's how you want to play it, fine with me.

Just... Expect others to pick up on it as they have... Then you get mad, call them Trumpsters, and the wheel turns. I mean... I don't understand is how you don't see this.

I don't feel sensitive to it... I see it as you being a hypocrite. You say one thing, and do another. If that's how you want to play it, fine with me.

Just... Expect others to pick up on it as they have... Then you get mad, call them Trumpsters, and the wheel turns. I mean... I don't understand is how you don't see this.
If I use the term "Trumpsters", it's for a reason.

If you want to look at it as a weakness of mine, you're certainly free to.

Trump was a lousy racist. He wanted charter schools for inner city Black kids. He set up Opportunity Zones to benefit Black neighborhoods. They also saw their wages rise significantly before the Scamdemic.
Trump's most devoted followers are the haters. They saw something there they really liked.

If I use the term "Trumpsters", it's for a reason.

If you want to look at it as a weakness of mine, you're certainly free to.
The weakness so to speak isn't the problem... Then again... If you don't mind looking like a hypocrite it's no problem at all. You just make a great opening post, and then piss all over it.

This is what we need to do!!!! And then you actively go against that... *shrugs* Well done.

Trump's most devoted followers are the haters. They saw something there they really liked.
Big time projection. Do they scream for dead cops? Do they burn cities and loot? You are with the haters. There is no doubt about it.

Big time projection. Do they scream for dead cops? Do they burn cities and loot? You are with the haters. There is no doubt about it.
There was no a political cost to condemning violence when BLM protests got out of hand. No one turned on anyone for saying that violence was not to be tolerated and looters should be jailed. Meanwhile republicans have had to walk back any criticism they ever had for the insurrectionists and join in the revisionism that holds Trump and his followers blameless for 1/6.

There was no a political cost to condemning violence when BLM protests got out of hand. No one turned on anyone for saying that violence was not to be tolerated and looters should be jailed. Meanwhile republicans have had to walk back any criticism they ever had for the insurrectionists and join in the revisionism that holds Trump and his followers blameless for 1/6.
The Feds dropped the charges on most and have Trump supporters in solitary confinement for trespassing. You people are fascists.

Anybody else notice the time and energy TDSers are putting into creating a false reality about Jan 6?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back