The Tax Case Against Donald Trump

Neato! Which would bring me down to your level then. Does that comfort you to believe we are all as ignorant as you? Now i see why you won't read the thread.

You made the ignorant claim.....still no backup?
The prosecutors made the claim. Poor todd doesn't understand it. Sounds like a todd problem. Good luck.

Democrats were desperate with this one considering how little came out of an investigation that took so many years and wasted so much money and still didn't even personally get Trump? All this time you kept screaming the whole time wait until the NY investigation comes in! Ouch, lol. Sucks to be you.

$10K in underpayment of taxes per year? Wow, you guys flamed out on this one
^^

Trump cultist excusing felonies, as expected
ProgBot cultists always assuming that anyone who disagrees with them belongs to a cult.
In fairness, you did mechanically ape whatever an online Occultist told you to think for a couple of months.

Your Ginger Messiah did have a very culty vibe.
You should read your posts that are consistently Orange Man Bad and TrumpBot.
You really are boring.
Try posting a fact once in a while.

Or....actual citations of the indictment in question with specific quotes regarding the two sets of books.

"These payments were not booked in the Trump Corporation’s general ledger as employee compensation, but were instead labeled and deducted as "rent expense" in the general ledger. However, for certain ‘years, the Trump Organization maintained internal spreadsheets that tracked the amounts it paid for Weisselberg’s rent, utility, and garage expenses."

So the general ledger....and an internal spreadsheets. Two sets of books.

And again, the 'holiday entertainment'.
1625851356115.png

So the general ledger....and an internal spreadsheets. Again, the two sets of books.

But you keep babbling about 'orange man bad'. I'll keep quoting the actual indictment, citing the actual evidence.

Deal?
I read the entire indictment.
If what it says proves to be factual and the law so requires recompense then I am fully in favor of a lawful judgement.
Then you recognize that there were indeed two sets of books. The general ledger and an internal spreadsheets. And the classifications of payments in these two sets of books didn't match.
You are too stupid to engage in conversation.
Every business under the sun does the same thing and it’s legal.

Its legal to offer compensation to an employee.....and have them not pay taxes on that compensation? Its legal to misclassify compensation as 'holiday expenses' on your books?

You may want to inform the grand jury and the prosecutors in question. As they clearly don't know what you've figured out.

Perhaps you have a youtube link you can direct the professional prosecutors will understand how the law works.
Let's put it this way...how does Microsoft or Google declare an 15 year old PC that they may or may have used as a web server?
You think you know the arguments that will be presented in court.
The indictment has to be elaborated upon before a jury and the trial will take months.
Rent on a manhattan apartment, lease payments on a car, utilities on an apartment, tuition for a given school year.....these are fixed expenses in any given month with no question on valuation. If you pay $900 a month for a lexus, the payment is $900.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
I have worked for Software Development & major Financial Firms firms that did that all the time.
The tuition is the question mark.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
If what it says proves to be factual and the law so requires recompense then I am fully in favor of a lawful judgement.
Then you recognize that there were indeed two sets of books. The general ledger and an internal spreadsheets. And the classifications of payments in these two sets of books didn't match.

Its legal to offer compensation to an employee.....and have them not pay taxes on that compensation? Its legal to misclassify compensation as 'holiday expenses' on your books?

You may want to inform the grand jury and the prosecutors in question. As they clearly don't know what you've figured out.

Perhaps you have a youtube link you can direct the professional prosecutors to so they will understand how the law works.

The law does not work this way:

Democrats - never mind, you're good

Republicans - set new precedents, like charging crimes where in every case in history it was maximum a fine..

I'd agree to the deal that they keep treating Republicans like they do but start applying the same standard to Democrats. But they just don't prosecute Democrats, they just don't. The double standard is the issue
So you've moved from arguing that no law was broken.....to insisting that corrupt, criminal activity is justified by whataboutry.

Kaz, thy name is conservative.
If the defendants feel that a law has been broken they will plead guilty.

• Thanks
In fairness, you did mechanically ape whatever an online Occultist told you to think for a couple of months.

You really are boring.

Or....actual citations of the indictment in question with specific quotes regarding the two sets of books.

"These payments were not booked in the Trump Corporation’s general ledger as employee compensation, but were instead labeled and deducted as "rent expense" in the general ledger. However, for certain ‘years, the Trump Organization maintained internal spreadsheets that tracked the amounts it paid for Weisselberg’s rent, utility, and garage expenses."

1625851356115.png

So the general ledger....and an internal spreadsheets. Again, the two sets of books.

But you keep babbling about 'orange man bad'. I'll keep quoting the actual indictment, citing the actual evidence.

Deal?

I agree. There are so many judgements in accounting. If you don't press then you are WAY overpaying taxes. It's a stupid system.

One question every business owner has with our accountant is how aggressive we want to be. I told my accountant that my standard is if worse case is back interest, then I want to take it. If it could be a fine then I don't. Back interest is what the IRS charges you when even they admit it's a judgement call. They charge fines they are saying you should have known better. My accountant agreed with that standard.

I do believe that Trump is more aggressive, he pushes into the fine territory. Paying the tuition is a you should have known better choice, definite fine territory. But it's the Trump rules. It's not about consistency, it's just get Trump at any cost.

In the past it has not been criminal prosecution EVER. This is the first time. And of course that happens with Trump. It's absurd
It has happened to me as an individual and I called Taxpayer Advocates and they helped me reduce the payment.

I hate the government. The worst that happened to me was my graphic design business. Early on when I was starting out this happened. In my state, services were not charged sales tax but physical products are. There's a gotcha though that if you put services and physical products on the same invoice, then sales tax applies to the entire bill.

I got particularly screwed because the billing system was set up by the company I bought the business from, so I didn't even know how they set up sales taxes. All the customer data was in that system. That wasn't my focus when I bought the business, what is our sales tax algorithm exactly? Anyway, I got audited thinking I was fine and they fucked me with thousands in paying the taxes we didn't collect and interest. The government doesn't give a shit. Make a mistake collecting their money, they take it out of us.

Fortunately they did not fine me, they believed it was not my mistake. However, I had to pay thousands of dollars paying the extra sales tax and of course interest for something that I didn't even benefit from. The customers didn't pay it to me. The government takes zero responsibility. I was shocked at how little time owning a business I could work on my business versus dealing with issues like that caused by government

Neato! Which would bring me down to your level then. Does that comfort you to believe we are all as ignorant as you? Now i see why you won't read the thread.

The prosecutors made the claim. Poor todd doesn't understand it. Sounds like a todd problem. Good luck.

Democrats were desperate with this one considering how little came out of an investigation that took so many years and wasted so much money and still didn't even personally get Trump? All this time you kept screaming the whole time wait until the NY investigation comes in! Ouch, lol. Sucks to be you.

^^

ProgBot cultists always assuming that anyone who disagrees with them belongs to a cult.

You really are boring.

1625851356115.png

Deal?

Democrats do know how to pound a lie, don't you?

^^

You really are boring.

1625851356115.png

Deal?

In management consulting we always said "Business runs on Excel." And we were referring to major international companies, not mom and pop shops

^^

You really are boring.

1625851356115.png

Deal?

That they don't match you made up.

That's the implication you were going for when you kept saying "two sets of books." Now you stated the lie instead of just implying it

1625851356115.png

Deal?

Perhaps you have a youtube link you can direct the professional prosecutors will understand how the law works.
Let's put it this way...how does Microsoft or Google declare an 15 year old PC that they may or may have used as a web server?
You think you know the arguments that will be presented in court.
The indictment has to be elaborated upon before a jury and the trial will take months.
Rent on a manhattan apartment, lease payments on a car, utilities on an apartment, tuition for a given school year.....these are fixed expenses in any given month with no question on valuation. If you pay $900 a month for a lexus, the payment is $900.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

You are just assuming so incredibly much that hasn't been established. It's yet again how Democrats lie. Decide what you want to believe, believe it, then state it as established fact

Perhaps you have a youtube link you can direct the professional prosecutors to so they will understand how the law works.

The law does not work this way:

Democrats - never mind, you're good

Republicans - set new precedents, like charging crimes where in every case in history it was maximum a fine..

I'd agree to the deal that they keep treating Republicans like they do but start applying the same standard to Democrats. But they just don't prosecute Democrats, they just don't. The double standard is the issue
So you've moved from arguing that no law was broken.....to insisting that corrupt, criminal activity is justified by whataboutry.

Kaz, thy name is conservative.

To call every accounting disagreement with the IRS a "law being broken" is yet again just you lying.

Note how you keep phrasing everything in the most extreme and self serving hyperbole

You are not and never worked with an attorney, yet Trump is guilty.
Kewl…
I never worked for an attorney, yet I can read an indictment. And from what is laid out in the speaking indictment, it clearly shows a very high probability of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
I am sure you are also aware that assets can be placed into 15,000 different categories.

Indeed. But if you classify them in two different categories depending on if you're talking to the IRS or a lender......or give wildly different values for those same assets depending on if you're talking to the IRS or a lender, you could have a problem.

Maybe there's an Occultist on youtube who could explain this to you.
you could have a problem

could
being the keyword.
I know tax accountants who won't touch the tax returns of certain Rs or Ds.
But only Rs bad.
I'd consider an indictment a problem. As would most people.
It's obvious you don't know any people who own businesses.
90% of the people in my community who own businesses always have their attorneys either filing or responding to lawsuits.
the US is lawsuit happy.
The problem is that the cost is passed to the customers.

Yep. I've owned five businesses. It's perfectly normal to keep a separate spreadsheet. There is nothing wrong with agreeing with your employee that certain expenses will be paid by the company in lieu of salary. And many of those expenses are deductible.

When you see things spun this hard with no mention that some things are and some are not deductible, but they just made it sounds like it all wasn't, you know it's another Democrat just lying.

The guy in the video I showed clearly has the knowledge to know that many expenses would be deductible for the company, and yet he didn't mention that at all
Bullshit. It is not normal to keep two sets of books. And yes, there are many companies that pay employee expenses. Of course those are deductible to the company, hell, salaries are deductible. But those paid expenses must be included in an employee's income reported to the IRS, except for a very few limited exceptions.

This violation is exceptional in the sheer brazenness of it. Two sets of books with one claiming the items as a business expense and not linking it to the employee compensation, and the other actually deducting it from the stated compensation package. It is a clear tax avoidance strategy, and yes, the IRS seeks criminal indictments for such behavior. They issued 1,3330 indictments in 2015, the majority of them for tax avoidance.

Two sets of books is still just the way you liars are calling it to make it sound bad.

Democrats are liars. You lie all the time. You lie about everything. Vulcans can't lie, you morons can't tell the truth
Or....we've actually read the indictment.

View attachment 510695

Remember, you've never read the indictment. It hinders your capacity to speak intelligently on the topic.
Someone kept a spread sheet?

Horrors!

Bullshit. It is not normal to keep two sets of books. And yes, there are many companies that pay employee expenses. Of course those are deductible to the company, hell, salaries are deductible. But those paid expenses must be included in an employee's income reported to the IRS, except for a very few limited exceptions.

This violation is exceptional in the sheer brazenness of it. Two sets of books with one claiming the items as a business expense and not linking it to the employee compensation, and the other actually deducting it from the stated compensation package. It is a clear tax avoidance strategy, and yes, the IRS seeks criminal indictments for such behavior. They issued 1,3330 indictments in 2015, the majority of them for tax avoidance.

Two sets of books is still just the way you liars are calling it to make it sound bad.

Democrats are liars. You lie all the time. You lie about everything. Vulcans can't lie, you morons can't tell the truth
Or....we've actually read the indictment.

View attachment 510695

Remember, you've never read the indictment. It hinders your capacity to speak intelligently on the topic.
Someone kept a spread sheet?

Horrors!

News would be if they didn't.

Skylar presents himself like someone who reads and researches his opinions, but he is totally one sided, ignores any information that conflicts with his view and puts everything in hyperbolic terms. Sure, Democrats will like him, but he couldn't convince anyone of anything because his mind is clearly not open.

It sounds like a situation where the foundation is in the wrong and they should pay back taxes as well as interest and fines, but that is the normal way of doing it. Turning into a crime when that is not what was ever done before is just the left desperately trying to salvage the total bust of them spending years and millions of dollars on this.

Skylar just isn't man enough to admit that, so he's going to hyperbole to make it sound like something it isn't. It's shallow and petty and shows how worthless his views are. If Skylar told me it was not raining outside, I wouldn't even take an umbrella, I would just ignore him, he has no integrity

Calling that keeping two sets of books is absurd and done intentionally to make it sound like something it isn't
One set of books to track employee compensation, another set to mislabel that compensation and to present to the IRS for tax purposes.

Serious felony.

Fort Fun Indiana: "Serious felony."

Actually, no one has ever been criminally prosecuted for not paying taxes on all benefits.

So you stand behind spending millions of dollars for roughly $160K in taxes over a decade and a half?
Actually it is more like half a million when city and state taxes are added. Typically, a 75% fraud penalty is added to that amount, and then there is the interest. And yes, people have been indicted for not paying taxes on all benefits.

You're just making up what you want to believe. It's what liars do. You have no intellectual integrity at all
they have no honor.

Calling that keeping two sets of books is absurd and done intentionally to make it sound like something it isn't
One set of books to track employee compensation, another set to mislabel that compensation and to present to the IRS for tax purposes.

Serious felony.

Actually, no one has ever been criminally prosecuted for not paying taxes on all benefits.

So you stand behind spending millions of dollars for roughly $160K in taxes over a decade and a half?
Actually it is more like half a million when city and state taxes are added. Typically, a 75% fraud penalty is added to that amount, and then there is the interest. And yes, people have been indicted for not paying taxes on all benefits.

You're just making up what you want to believe. It's what liars do. You have no intellectual integrity at all
they have no honor.
still waiting

• Thanks

^^

still waiting

Toddsterpatriot poor Todd. So ignorant and frustrated all the time. Maybe someday he will discover the causal relationship there.

Todd's tantrum is about comparing Ivanka's compensation to Weisselberg's. He doesn't understand the comparison or why prosecutors take issue with it. Todd thinks this is someone's problem besides Todd's.

You didn't see the post which showed Ivanka's consulting income was matched by the corporation's consulting expense? It's quite scandalous!!!

It allows some sort of tax fraud. We definitely must investigate further.

Maybe after your nap?

Yep. I've owned five businesses. It's perfectly normal to keep a separate spreadsheet. There is nothing wrong with agreeing with your employee that certain expenses will be paid by the company in lieu of salary. And many of those expenses are deductible.
Except expenses like $50,000 in private school tuition are NOT deductible. Not even close.

They didn't deduct it
Yes they did. Read the damn indictment or quit wasting our time and the bandwidth.

The indictment says that they paid tuition. It does not say Trump wrote off those tuition payments as expenses. Trump payed taxes on those payments. The biggest problem is if no one paid taxes on that money and that didn't happen.

You're just reading and flinging shit at the wall hoping some of it sticks
God but you are one stupid asshole. Seriously, find something better to do with your time because you are really bad at this. It does not matter if Trump paid taxes on that money or not. Are you claiming it was a "gift"? The amounted easily exceeded the gift exclusion, taxes would have been due. Those taxes were not paid. What about the Medicare tax, there is no income limit to the Medicare tax, this was part of Weisselberg's compensation, it was not listed on his W2 even though it was listed as part of his compensation in internal records of the Trump organization. (Two sets of books). Another tax not paid. What about New York City income taxes? Those were not paid as well. So even if Trump stroked a check out of his own personal account with aftertax money, either the gift tax, or the Medicare tax, WERE NOT PAID. Pick you poison.

I am not reading in flinging shit at the wall. The difference between you and I is I know what I am talking about and you are just a bumbling fool.

You didn't see the post which showed Ivanka's consulting income was matched by the corporation's consulting expense? It's quite scandalous!!!
I did! I remember a poster name Toddster staring a 2 day hissy fit over it, because he doesn't understand the implications.

Where did you come up with that ten grand a year number. Pulling numbers out of your ass doesn't amount to much, just saying. The number is higher than that for New York City income taxes alone, let alone federal and state income taxes. It is all listed in the indictment.

Serious felony.

they have no honor.
still waiting

Yep. There are the Democrat rules and the Republican rules. They have nothing in common

Forum List

Back