The topless parade. Pride or shame?

WB #179

According to the law in New York State, yes.

But:
as Bill Maher says:
"OF COURSE there's a double-standard! There are TWO sexes!"
To advocate for absolute equality under law would be to advocate for unisex public toilets. I don't think that's a very good idea.
And while women that may say they'd be OK with it may be imagining flirtatious intrigue with guys that look like Brad Pitt.
But the reality is, Brad already has a woman. And the men that would leer at women in unisex public toilets would look more like Dustin Hoffman's character in Midnight Cowboy.

Topless protesters march through Manhattan in call for equality
Yesterday there was a new feminist protest march. Women decided to fight for equality showing the whole world their breasts. I can't understand how is connected! Women in America have all the same rights as men, plus extra privileges to the weaker sex.
I truly believe that such pride parades make no changes except of the pleasant view for the men. Thank you girls, your pics made my evening!

Picture Removed. No Nudity.
I made a point in the past where we are no different than arab muslim men in the middle east who make their women cover up.

If you are a man in America, you can walk on a beach topless. If you are a woman you can't. Why not?

I think seeing women's breasts makes men want sex.
I know many men get frustrated just seeing women in low cut tops.
Some men have higher sex drives and levels of testosterone than others, so, it's very hard on them (no pun intended ...) ;)

I really do understand.... why would a woman want to expose herself anyway if NOT to attract men?
I don't think it would be comfortable for me to walk around topless, but, that's just me....

Either way, I think it's best for women to be covered up.
just get us used to it and insist, nice Persons do.

Insist on what? What are you, the Riddler???

Some men have higher sex drives and levels of testosterone than others, so, it's very hard on them (no pun intended ...) ;)

I really do understand.... why would a woman want to expose herself anyway if NOT to attract men?
I don't think it would be comfortable for me to walk around topless, but, that's just me....

just get us used to it and insist, nice Persons do.

Insist? Worse than it being illegal.

If she chooses to be covered, that is fine. Making it illegal for a woman to be shirtless while men are not held to the same standard is wrong.

On paper, you're right .... if you talk it out, makes no sense, since, there is really no difference between men/women except size....

It means a complete societal shift. I wonder, if it was legal, if incidences of rape and molestation would increase... ?

WB #179

According to the law in New York State, yes.

But:
as Bill Maher says:
"OF COURSE there's a double-standard! There are TWO sexes!"
To advocate for absolute equality under law would be to advocate for unisex public toilets. I don't think that's a very good idea.
And while women that may say they'd be OK with it may be imagining flirtatious intrigue with guys that look like Brad Pitt.
But the reality is, Brad already has a woman. And the men that would leer at women in unisex public toilets would look more like Dustin Hoffman's character in Midnight Cowboy.

Unisex toilets? No problem. Make them all single toilet rooms and the problem is solved.

If she chooses to be covered, that is fine. Making it illegal for a woman to be shirtless while men are not held to the same standard is wrong.

On paper, you're right .... if you talk it out, makes no sense, since, there is really no difference between men/women except size....

It means a complete societal shift. I wonder, if it was legal, if incidences of rape and molestation would increase... ?

If a man cannot control himself because he sees a woman's tits, he needs to be locked up anyway.

Are there significantly more rapes and molestations at the beach? (not counting spring break when people are all drunk)

Yesterday there was a new feminist protest march. Women decided to fight for equality showing the whole world their breasts. I can't understand how is connected! Women in America have all the same rights as men, plus extra privileges to the weaker sex.
I truly believe that such pride parades make no changes except of the pleasant view for the men. Thank you girls, your pics made my evening!

They can parade around topless all they want to. Same thing goes with breast-feeding in public: If they should have to right to dangle their titties for everyone to see, I have the right to leer at them and take pictures with my Iphone. :biggrin:

They can parade around topless all they want to. Same thing goes with breast-feeding in public: If they should have to right to dangle their titties for everyone to see, I have the right to leer at them and take pictures with my Iphone. :biggrin:

You can do that now. That is probably how you got that restraining order.

Some women think this is actually how you get things done. A Man would never do that.

"Hey Jim, lets go down to the protest and wave our dicks!"

Wouldn't happen. Ever.

Any of you ever change yer opinion on something because some broad has her tits hanging out?

Some women think this is actually how you get things done. A Man would never do that.

"Hey Jim, lets go down to the protest and wave our dicks!"

Wouldn't happen. Ever.

Any of you ever change yer opinion on something because some broad has her tits hanging out?

Floppy titties hanging out are more than enough to get me to change my opinion. I might even vote for Hillary if she flopped them puppies out. :biggrin:

If a man cannot control himself because he sees a woman's tits, he needs to be locked up anyway.

Are there significantly more rapes and molestations at the beach? (not counting spring break when people are all drunk)

I'm not saying there would be - - it was just a pondering question...
Maybe more automobile accidents! ;)

Seriously though I would be weirded out seeing female family members at the dinner table topless....
Not sure we are ready for that (our society) .. I know I'm not! I like my rigid old fashioned ways :)

No we don't have the same rights as men, I can't walk down the street topless yet my husband can. Why are women's areola's more offensive than a man's especially if he has Moobs? Personally I think we should all either have to wear a shirt or all of us can go topless. Seriously every summer some 300lb pasty, hairy beast of a man with man tit's mows his lawn shirtless and I'm stuck running for the eye bleach. :cheeky-smiley-018: I'd be happy if we all just had to wear a shirt.

They can go topless. I'm just sorry that women, including me, just wasted our time getting others to treat us as serious contenders. Women turned out to be worthless sluts after all. We have something to say, now we'll go topless just so you notice us. Looka me! Just don't listen cause we're airheads.

Looking is not a bad thing. Woman look at men.
They can look but don't touch. It is normal to look at others.

It is not just matter of topless, the hiding make it seem more desirable. Even nursing a child, one of the most natural things in life is somehow sexualised. It is just skin.

The idea you have to hide the body is to me little different than muslims men thinking the woman should be hid under a black tent, even her eyes and hands. It is the man's problem if they can't control their thoughts or body at the sight of a woman's body. We should be proud of our bodies, male or female. We should also not be so aghast that the sigh of a body send us into a sexual frenzy. Think we would all be better off without the fig leaf. We would learn to be more accepting of the body as natural and beautiful without loosing our heads.

Shame on those who feel we have to hide behind a piece of cloth to be honest moral individuals. What is more honest than our birthday suit?

It has nothing to do with sexual frenzies. It has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with making such a fool of yourself that every other woman looks like just the same kind of fool. It screams "Women should be back in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant because we can't really THINK"

Don't worry, girl...you need absolutely NO help to look like a fool!

Forum List

Back