The topless parade. Pride or shame?

"Seriously though I would be weirded out seeing female family members at the dinner table topless...." #193
It would be inappropriate for males to be topless in such situations as well, under most civilized circumstances.

Exceptions might be:
- infants
- picnicking on a sweltering hot day by the shore of the lake

I wouldn't want to see my mother, or my sisters topless.

I don't know why people would be bothered. Pictures for ads use men and women in near naked pictures.

Why should children not see the naked body? Young kids take baths and showers with the parents. They see them get dressed. Many of the them were nursed. Most kids when they learn to use the potty they do so by watching their parents. There are topless and nude beaches and nudity places around.
It appears you are cursed with the gift of reason.

I think those men who are sexually turned on by the sight of a nude female breast are affected that way only because they've been led by customary taboo to believe they should be affected that way.

Some women have beautifully formed breasts which are a pleasure to look at, but I find nothing at all erotic about them. Other women are less fortunate in that their breasts are not well formed and are not good to look at. Such women should indeed cover them up.

The same applies to men's pectorals. Some are well formed while others are ugly blobs of hairy, fat, dangling flesh which should be covered in public.

This breast issue is one more aspect of the extremely uptight American sexual attitudes.

Of course it's a shame. I don't want to see old lesbians going naked on the streets of our cities. Why are there no attractive girls in such events? It's not a very pleasant picture for the eyes of straight people.

Of course it's a shame. I don't want to see old lesbians going naked on the streets of our cities. Why are there no attractive girls in such events? It's not a very pleasant picture for the eyes of straight people.

It is just a body. So what if the breast hang down to the waste. Look to find out the woman story and learn from her experience in life instead of just looking at her breasts.

Topless women is not all its pegged out to be

I went to a nude beach once and my reaction was........Good god, put your clothes back on

Most people do not look good naked

Any boob-gazer that saw Jimmy Kimmel last night got an eye-full.

Miley Cyrus got it started doing a "man on the street" routine. She was disguised as someone other than Miley Cyrus, asking passers by about Miley Cyrus. The ended the segment with Miley telling one of her interviewees, I'm Miley Cyrus, and if you don't believe me, look HERE! Then she pulled her blouse out from the neck, giving the taller pedestrian a clear gaze.

The next segment was Kimmel's studio interview of Miley.
She hit the stage in a cape and pasties, and flashed the audience periodically through the two segment interview by waving her arms in conversation, spreading the cape for the reveal.

Cyrus also gave a brief nudist rant on how the cultural taboo isn't breasts, but nipples.
Cyrus observed:
Both men & women have nipples, but women can't show nipples.
BUT!!
Only women have the appealing feminine protrusion, but we're allowed to show / see that.

And to top it off (pun not entirely intended) the final interview segment was w/ George Snuffelupicus' wife, Ali Wentworth.
She hit the stage, greeted Kimmel, & then unzipped her Jimmy Kimmel hoodie to flash her own pasties to the audience & camera.

-------------- Alright.

All that's fine. Again pardon my wording, but it titillated the audience. But there's a broader picture here.
50 years ago there were broadcast TV standards in the U.S. such as:
- if a man & woman were doing a bedroom scene, at least one of them had to have a foot on the floor.
- etc.

It's not quite triple X, thank goodness.

But this relaxation of censorship indicates to me a progress to a less prudish, more rational social standard. I hope you don't think me a boob for applauding it. I think it's the breast idea they've had in a long time.

Any boob-gazer that saw Jimmy Kimmel last night got an eye-full.

Miley Cyrus got it started doing a "man on the street" routine. She was disguised as someone other than Miley Cyrus, asking passers by about Miley Cyrus. The ended the segment with Miley telling one of her interviewees, I'm Miley Cyrus, and if you don't believe me, look HERE! Then she pulled her blouse out from the neck, giving the taller pedestrian a clear gaze.

The next segment was Kimmel's studio interview of Miley.
She hit the stage in a cape and pasties, and flashed the audience periodically through the two segment interview by waving her arms in conversation, spreading the cape for the reveal.

Cyrus also gave a brief nudist rant on how the cultural taboo isn't breasts, but nipples.
Cyrus observed:
Both men & women have nipples, but women can't show nipples.
BUT!!
Only women have the appealing feminine protrusion, but we're allowed to show / see that.

And to top it off (pun not entirely intended) the final interview segment was w/ George Snuffelupicus' wife, Ali Wentworth.
She hit the stage, greeted Kimmel, & then unzipped her Jimmy Kimmel hoodie to flash her own pasties to the audience & camera.

-------------- Alright.

All that's fine. Again pardon my wording, but it titillated the audience. But there's a broader picture here.
50 years ago there were broadcast TV standards in the U.S. such as:
- if a man & woman were doing a bedroom scene, at least one of them had to have a foot on the floor.
- etc.

It's not quite triple X, thank goodness.

But this relaxation of censorship indicates to me a progress to a less prudish, more rational social standard. I hope you don't think me a boob for applauding it. I think it's the breast idea they've had in a long time.

I don't care about Mileys nipples....She needs to keep that ugly tongue in her mouth

I agree #210.
That is a look I've never cared for. And she did so in Kimmel's intro. booth.

In all candor, I'd rather see her nipples than her tongue, though my attitude shifts on that as the axis rotates from the vertical to horizontal.

In any case Kimmel's on a roll here. A few days ago it was Halley Barry in a somewhat see-through blouse & lace bra.
Kimmel thanked her for it on air.

I agree #210.
That is a look I've never cared for. And she did so in Kimmel's intro. booth.

In all candor, I'd rather see her nipples than her tongue, though my attitude shifts on that as the axis rotates from the vertical to horizontal.

In any case Kimmel's on a roll here. A few days ago it was Halley Barry in a somewhat see-through blouse & lace bra.
Kimmel thanked her for it on air.

Mileys tongue is anything but sensual

rw #213
Just wait until she's lapping up your protein, licking you clean.
If she did that for me 5 times a week, I think I'd cut her a little slack on it. If you don't like the look, close your eyes.
"I love coffee the same way I love my women:
hot, Colombian, and all over my lap while I'm driving." David Feldman

"Seriously though I would be weirded out seeing female family members at the dinner table topless...." #193
It would be inappropriate for males to be topless in such situations as well, under most civilized circumstances.

Exceptions might be:
- infants

It's all a matter of what you're accustomed to and most people just aren't accustomed to family nudity. Our household is clothing optional meaning there are no rules compelling anyone to wear or not wear clothes. Occasionally Mom will be topless at the dinner table or I will too. In this hot weather, the kids almost never wear clothes at all, even during dinner. This would be a culture shock to those not used to it, but for those of us who are, it's no big deal at all.

Exceptions might be:
- infants

It's all a matter of what you're accustomed to and most people just aren't accustomed to family nudity. Our household is clothing optional meaning there are no rules compelling anyone to wear or not wear clothes. Occasionally Mom will be topless at the dinner table or I will too. In this hot weather, the kids almost never wear clothes at all, even during dinner. This would be a culture shock to those not used to it, but for those of us who are, it's no big deal at all.

I'm going to have a hard time washing that image from my mind

Last edited:

Exceptions might be:
- infants

While this is not something I would do myself, it's your home and your family. That's not the issue.

When women parade around in public topless it portrays all women negatively.

I don't know why prudes go to the "naked in the streets" argument when nobody's proposing it. We're just saying that certain venues such as beaches, pools, and water parks are natural settings to go skyclad. We are so sick and perverted as a society that if a 4 year old goes starkers at a beach, people lose their shit. In Europe, there is a natural understanding that in certain places, clothing should not be required.

Exceptions might be:
- infants

While this is not something I would do myself, it's your home and your family. That's not the issue.

When women parade around in public topless it portrays all women negatively.
That's your opinion. I think that women being told everything above the waist and below the neck is obscene is a terrible insult to women.

And whether it be in the home or in public, the issue is what people are accustomed to seeing. I think if we relaxed nudity standards a little, we'd be just fine. Compared to the 1920's when women wore dresses to swim in, we've come a long way and demonstrated an ability to adjust our axiom.

Forum List

Back