Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
I was talking Truthspeaker to you. And I will add Avatar as well. Get it straight, sons. The LDS church does not verify the names in a way that would eliminate this incredibly embarassing situation for your church. JenyEliza is speaking, I believe, for the overwhelming majority of humanity when she says to you to stop being stupid. You have been judged and found wanting.

What percent of the names submitted would you say have created this "situation"? I said it was typical that names are submitted by their ancestors.

The % submitted is not as important as the Jewish groups have officially complained twice. The issue, I think, is not your GAs but rather the hardheadedness of some of your members. If the problem has been resolved recently, then good for everybody.

The percentage is only important to give perspective and so that the “situation” is not blown out of proportion. Yes, some members have been over zealous and bypassed the church’s requirements established in 1995 when the Jewish community first discussed the situation with the Mormon church. The church has done and is continuing to do all it can to remedy the situation. The fault really lies with a few members and not the church itself.
Now, here is a great article from a prominent Jew and what he had to say about the whole “situation”. This is a very good read and explains my position exactly about why this “situation” should not be a concern in the first place. The Mormons are Jews' brothers | Deseret News
Here are some highlights (bold emphasis added):
I could not care less if the Mormons baptize me after I'm dead. It won't affect me. I'll always be a Jew, in this life and the next. If this is part of Mormon practice and belief, and they do it in the privacy of their own ritual, and it doesn't affect me in the slightest, why should I care? People's beliefs are their own business. It's how they treat others that is everyone's business. What I care about is how much the Mormons support Israel today, not what they do with Jewish souls in what they regard as the afterlife. Far from being my sentiment alone, this is a pivotal Jewish teaching: It is the action (and not dogma) which is most important.
…
The Mormons are our brothers; the Christians are our kin. So long as they support and defend the Jewish people through their current persecution, that will always be so, whatever their beliefs, and we owe them our gratitude.

I wonder how Mormons would feel if other religions baptised by proxy them after death?

Joseph Smith the Muslim
Brigham Young the Buddist
Gordon B. Hinkley the Catholic

-TSO

What percent of the names submitted would you say have created this "situation"? I said it was typical that names are submitted by their ancestors.

The % submitted is not as important as the Jewish groups have officially complained twice. The issue, I think, is not your GAs but rather the hardheadedness of some of your members. If the problem has been resolved recently, then good for everybody.

The percentage is only important to give perspective and so that the “situation” is not blown out of proportion. Yes, some members have been over zealous and bypassed the church’s requirements established in 1995 when the Jewish community first discussed the situation with the Mormon church. The church has done and is continuing to do all it can to remedy the situation. The fault really lies with a few members and not the church itself.
Now, here is a great article from a prominent Jew and what he had to say about the whole “situation”. This is a very good read and explains my position exactly about why this “situation” should not be a concern in the first place. The Mormons are Jews' brothers | Deseret News
Here are some highlights (bold emphasis added):
I could not care less if the Mormons baptize me after I'm dead. It won't affect me. I'll always be a Jew, in this life and the next. If this is part of Mormon practice and belief, and they do it in the privacy of their own ritual, and it doesn't affect me in the slightest, why should I care? People's beliefs are their own business. It's how they treat others that is everyone's business. What I care about is how much the Mormons support Israel today, not what they do with Jewish souls in what they regard as the afterlife. Far from being my sentiment alone, this is a pivotal Jewish teaching: It is the action (and not dogma) which is most important.
…
The Mormons are our brothers; the Christians are our kin. So long as they support and defend the Jewish people through their current persecution, that will always be so, whatever their beliefs, and we owe them our gratitude.

Thank you for admitting that the problem exists.

Also thank you for admitting the church offices are trying to corral the offenders.

What one individual above believes about it is as valuable as anybody else's and as worthless. If you are about families, then corral the offensive ones.

Been a while since we had any discussion. I wonder when Liability will contribute more than a mere play on words suggesting that "morning" and "mormon" sound similar.

I wonder how Mormons would feel if other religions baptised by proxy them after death?

Joseph Smith the Muslim

-TSO

They have no authority. Why would I care?

Even if they did, they would end up saving them, and that's bad because?

Either there they have no authority and the exercise is pointless, or they do have authority and they are bringing Eternal Salavation. I don't see a scenario where this is bad.

BTW, it would also help with the genealogical records and I might have an easier time with my family history. So even if their ritual means nothing, i might still be benefited. As well as anyone else who is interested.

Last edited:

Joseph Smith the Muslim

-TSO

They have no authority. Why would I care?

Even if they did, they would end up saving them, and that's bad because?

Either there they have no authority and the exercise is pointless, or they do have authority and they are bringing Eternal Salavation. I don't see a scenario where this is bad.

BTW, it would also help with the genealogical records and I might have an easier time with my family history. So even if their ritual means nothing, i might still be benefited. As well as anyone else who is interested.

Yup, the whole "you are a cult and have a false Prophet" would seem to say to me they do not believe we are a real religion. Since we are not, according to them, a real religion and have absolutely no authority or power, WHY does it bother them what FAKE ceremonies and rituals we do inside our temples. Well as long as we are not murdering people.

Does anyone here remember any particular missionaries that knocked on their door?

Absolutely! They always leave a little shakey from visiting my door.

Introducing them to straight old biblical scripture, seems to give'em the old "deer in the headlights" reaction everytime.

I'm polite, I listen to them, and I discourse with them.

The ground rules with me is that the bible is the final Word. :)

Does anyone here remember any particular missionaries that knocked on their door?

Introducing them to straight old biblical scripture, seems to give'em the old "deer in the headlights" reaction everytime.

So, what punishment do you think should be meted out for wearing a cotton/poly shirt?

What were their names? I doubt there was any spiritual or physical shaking.

Introduced?:lol: that's rich.

Sure you do.:doubt:

We know...I guess maybe they all leave your door and shake to the extent of shaking their heads in bewilderment at your strange stubbornness.

Forum List

Back