Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Mormon girls in the mainstream sect, the LDS, are more educated than the average American girl.

If you are talking about Mormon girls in the small FLDS polygamous sect, yes, you are right.

I can't say I have gone into any indepth analysis of the Mormon religion. As far as I know, there aren't many Mormons where I live, and I have never been a big fan of organized religion. In all honesty, most of my knowledge about Mormons probably comes from South Park. While I don't recommend animated TV shows as being the primary source for knowledge on any subject, it does lend me the base of what my general opinion is.

I don't remember the exact line, but the Mormon charecter that has been the center of the episode tells the boys he doesn't care what the origins of the religion were, what was important was what it teached today. Because of it, he was a good person, close with his family, and involved in his community.

Nothing wrong with that.

I appreciate your level headed statements, however, the origins of my religion are very important to me. And the origins are the very best and by some of the very best people God ever chose to do any of His work. I'd love to talk origins with you. What part of our origins do you have problem with? There are many misconceptions that I am constantly correcting.

Hmm I wonder how many Bishops believe that. Also Relief Society is quite different depending on the Ward as well.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking how many bishops believe in preaching official church doctrine? If someone is found preaching false church doctrine, they are taken to church court and disciplined and if necessary, excommunicated.

You guys do lashes also? Or just a stern finger wagging?

My sarcasmeter detects mockage...

that's ok... but no physical discipline of course.

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

Do you always wear ur fundie undies.?

Cute avatar Mooner... will you contribute anything of substance?

Do u know where in NE Missouri that the Mormons expect Christ to alit on the second coming? Do u always wear ur fundie undies?

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

ANY variety of "CHRISTIAN" is a screwed up mystical believing, intellectually lazy, wishful thinking, arrogant, self-serving, childishly acting human being.

To elevate ANY ONE human being above another, from the moment of birth and baptism......this is the ultimate kind of tribal lunacy that we see in a 21st century world.

It really DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS OR THE EASTER BUNNY... OR JESUS CHRIST OF THE BIBLE..........THEY ARE ALL FANTASIES!!!!!

Please people, grow up and let your brains grow up, too! We don't need to be fighting amongst each other, killing over a million people with American tax dollars in the last ten years, all based upon "Christianity is better than..." kind of thinking.

Please, Christians, of any and all varieties, get over your mythologies, and fight for human beings being able to co-exist in peace and mutual support upon this planet. Believe what fairy tales you want to believe about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Jesus, Moses parting the seas, whatever.......I don't really think it makes a bit of difference what you believe.....just get on with saving the people... all the people.. on the planet,

AND STOP THIS SILLY BICKERING AND INTERNET VOTING !!! Get to work fixing stuff. Get an education, get busy doing something to make this planet a better place to live and stop fighting with each other over which mythology you prefer!!

Get to work!
It's nice to see someone speak the truth to these loathsome irresponsible people. It strikes me as phenomenally reckless and immoral to exploit the naivety of young children yet that is precisely what every religion does. They are such filthy hypocrites; claiming to cherish the "freedom of religion" that protects all faiths while simultaneously denying their own children that very same privilege. No child can defend themselves from such an insidious indoctrination and so it is passed on--like an infectious disease. A truly decent person would wait until their children were adults--fully capable of evaluating those theories and aware of their own rights and responsibilities--before introducing them to religious ideas and materials.

I believe that religion is on the outs. It seems to thrive on ignorance, oppression, and poverty; and all three of those things are rapidly being undermined by the global internet. I think it will ultimately evolve to make our political capital as tangible and fungible as currency makes our other wealth, and that this will allow free market forces to make us into a genuinely wise and competent global electorate. And that that will lead to the protection of children from the industries that seek to exploit them, and hence the death of religion as we know it today.

I almost agree with a small portion of your conceited rant.
Yes many religions do exploit the ignorant and young for money. But certainly not all. Certainly not mine that's for sure.
Tell me, do you believe that everyone who disagrees with you is either evil, an idiot, or a brainwashed sheep? If not, why then do your responses indicate that's what you think of us?
It appears in your opinion that anyone who believes in something they haven't seen with their own physical eyeballs is grossly ignorant and incapable if independant thought. It's a good thing you're not in power because you would probably wipe out all who disagree with you like an infectious disease. I think we've seen that done before by several dictators who saw opponents as a scourge on society and a disease worth wiping out.

Good job on being an embryotic dictator Mr. Syllabillic Scientific Smartypants.

btw... care to bring up any specifics next time, o educated one?

Last edited:
False definitions. God through Jesus Christ makes His grace and will known to the individual. Remember that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are written by men.

How can it be a false definition? The scriptures clearly mention Christ telling Peter that he would be given the keys to the bind on earth and in heaven and loose on earth and in heaven. Who alive has those keys today?

That's one interp of the scripture but not the only one, and certainly not the one favored by the overwhelming numbers of the Catholic faith.

Don't worry. I don't Catholicism is any more a "true church" than I do any of those various sects of Mormonism that follow Joseph Smith.

please understand, despite how often you claim this, that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, has no sects...

You are either a recognized member, or not.. There are no affiliates. Others leave and start their own deals. We don't recognize any of them as legitimate.

Mormonism is a cult that abuses young girls. if it wasn't, you would empower the girls through education then once an adult, let them decide who they'll marry, or if they go to college...

what planet have you been on the last 100 years? we do all of those things for our women that you suggested. 90% of our women go to college, they have always been allowed to choose who they marry and we believe men to be absolutely equal to women if not slightly less valuable.

You got us mixed up with some pedophile cults... learn knowledge... do research..

Last edited:
Do u know where in NE Missouri that the Mormons expect Christ to alit on the second coming?
Yes, Jackson County Missouri. Further than that, the exact lattitude, longitude, I don't have for ya.

Do u always wear ur fundie undies?
I don't have any "fundie undies" I don't even know what those are? So to answer directly, since I don't know what they are, I certainly don't own any and therefore have never worn "fundie undies".

I can't say I have gone into any indepth analysis of the Mormon religion. As far as I know, there aren't many Mormons where I live, and I have never been a big fan of organized religion. In all honesty, most of my knowledge about Mormons probably comes from South Park. While I don't recommend animated TV shows as being the primary source for knowledge on any subject, it does lend me the base of what my general opinion is.

I don't remember the exact line, but the Mormon charecter that has been the center of the episode tells the boys he doesn't care what the origins of the religion were, what was important was what it teached today. Because of it, he was a good person, close with his family, and involved in his community.

Nothing wrong with that.

I appreciate your level headed statements, however, the origins of my religion are very important to me. And the origins are the very best and by some of the very best people God ever chose to do any of His work. I'd love to talk origins with you. What part of our origins do you have problem with? There are many misconceptions that I am constantly correcting.

I don't have a particular problem with it. It's not my religion to have a problem with. But it's a little tough to buy into Indians (Native Americans, whatever) being part of lost tribes of Israel. And, of course, I don't see how anybody couldn't question someone who claimed to find a book of gold plates that nobody ever saw and translated them by putting a stone in his hat.

But whatever. Every religion has it's share of stories that are hard to believe when you boil them down. A woman turns into a pillar of salt, a man dies and comes back three days later, only 144,000 people will go to Heaven... But that's why they call it faith.

Even if someone is an Athiest it takes a certain form of faith. You have to buy into the belief that everything we have here is purely by accident. That the Earth just happen to land just far enough away from the sun not to roast us, but close enough to prevent us from freezing. A piece of that Earth broke off and went out just enough to keep us in an orbit. Out of the entire universe, we just happened to have all of the things happen to sustain life with odds roughly equivalent to winning the lottery... a hundred times... in a hundred consecutive drawings... with the exact same numbers.

But anyway, I kind of got off the path there. If Mormonism is what somebody is comfortable with and that's where their heart leads them, more power to them. While a Mormon is spending two years as a missionary lending hands on assistance to people that need it, people who claim to be all about helping people are sitting at a computer whining and complaining. Some of them are probably taking shots at Mormons.

Do u know where in NE Missouri that the Mormons expect Christ to alit on the second coming?
Yes, Jackson County Missouri. Further than that, the exact lattitude, longitude, I don't have for ya.

I don't have any "fundie undies" I don't even know what those are? So to answer directly, since I don't know what they are, I certainly don't own any and therefore have never worn "fundie undies".

Fundie undies are sacred under garments worn by Mormons.

How can it be a false definition? The scriptures clearly mention Christ telling Peter that he would be given the keys to the bind on earth and in heaven and loose on earth and in heaven. Who alive has those keys today?

That's one interp of the scripture but not the only one, and certainly not the one favored by the overwhelming numbers of the Catholic faith.

Don't worry. I don't Catholicism is any more a "true church" than I do any of those various sects of Mormonism that follow Joseph Smith.

please understand, despite how often you claim this, that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, has no sects...

You are either a recognized member, or not.. There are no affiliates. Others leave and start their own deals. We don't recognize any of them as legitimate.

No matter how much you deny the incontestable fact that Mormonism is all those who follow the Restoration of Joseph Smith does not change the fact that the LDS are merely a sect of Mormonism.

Tis what tis.

Last edited:
False definitions. God through Jesus Christ makes His grace and will known to the individual. Remember that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are written by men.

You are avoiding the question. If you understand it better, please educate us.

No matter how much you deny the incontestable fact that Mormonism is all those who follow the Restoration of Joseph Smith does not change the fact that the LDS are merely a sect of Mormonism.

Tis what tis.

You can keep claiming that. But there is a clear way to tell if someone is mormon or not. If they are baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and havent been excommunicted, they are Mormon. Those who have never been baptized or have been exommunicted are not members.

I don't believe in religion, but I don't fault someone for being religious. I live in Phoenix and work with alot of Mormons, I hear all kinds of anti-Mormon rants. Since I'm black I guess coworkers assume I'm not Mormon and feel it's ok to let loose. People refuse to buy from Mormon car dealers or other businesses, it's sad. I have only been treated with kindness and respect from every Mormon that I know.

Tis what tis.

You can keep claiming that. But there is a clear way to tell if someone is Mormon or not. If they are baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and haven't been excommunicated, they are Mormon. Those who have never been baptized or have been excommunicated are not members.

That's only what the LDS say, and they are only one sect of Mormonism, so I suspect your definition is suspect. That is the same as Roman Catholics saying they are the only true church, or, even better, the churchofchristers saying they are the only Christians.

What you believe does not make it so.

You aren't familiar with Adam Ondi Ahman?

Adam-ondi-Ahman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, you haven't received your temple endowments?

Fundie undies are sacred under garments worn by Mormons.

No, they are two different things. I don't know what Fundie undies are, but I do know what sacred garments are.

Tis what tis.

How bout this for an indisputable fact Mr. Schrute...: Mormonism is no more than a nicknamed label slapped on us by people like you, not created by members of our church. So officially we don't follow "Mormonism". Since you folks created the term, you are free to define it however you like, but it doesn't mean we have to subscribe to it, therefore, call it what you like, we as Christians, follow the doctrine of Christ, not "Mormonism" which you have proven, has no concrete definition except to yourself.

We never called ourselves Mormons. We only respond to it as a result of people like you who don't know what we really are. Just so you could feel like you could relate to us somehow. The nickname "Mormons" was slapped on us by our persecutors and somehow has stuck as the only alternative to describe us to you folks.

So therefore, since Mormonism is an erroneous term, you cannot use it to define our religion. :slap:

I don't believe in religion, but I don't fault someone for being religious. I live in Phoenix and work with alot of Mormons, I hear all kinds of anti-Mormon rants. Since I'm black I guess coworkers assume I'm not Mormon and feel it's ok to let loose. People refuse to buy from Mormon car dealers or other businesses, it's sad. I have only been treated with kindness and respect from every Mormon that I know.

And you can expect more of the same from me brother...

Tis what tis.

You can keep claiming that. But there is a clear way to tell if someone is Mormon or not. If they are baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and haven't been excommunicated, they are Mormon. Those who have never been baptized or have been excommunicated are not members.

That's only what the LDS say, and they are only one sect of Mormonism, so I suspect your definition is suspect. That is the same as Roman Catholics saying they are the only true church, or, even better, the churchofchristers saying they are the only Christians.

What you believe does not make it so.

Even if what you are claiming is true, which it's not, and "Mormonism" really is divided into sects, then wouldn't your "LDS" folks be the first one's since the name of the first and only church established by Joseph Smith was titled "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"? So if that's the only church Joseph established, then that's the "Mother Church" and any church purported to have come from said church would be a sect of that church. Your logic is flawed. Check it with Spock and he would incontrovertibly agree.
spock-logic.jpg

Forum List

Back