Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
an absolute claim ? it's not a claim, it's a fact: "there is no quantifiable proof that god exists."

There is no proof He does not exist either.

It is interesting how you think your position is the default.

Fail.

as to major flaws: there is a huge inequality in the role women play in your church, they hold no positions of authority and no real say in workings the church.

Strange.....that hasn't been my experience.

They have plenty of decision making power and even more influence. All those authoritative men were raised by......their mothers. hhhhmmmmm........

standard and scrutiny. the only standard that counts is evidence.

And what standard have you produced that we have agreed to ?

None that I can see.

I love it when people assume...my scrutiny is as honest as it can be.

Oh, I don't assume your scrutiny to be at all honest.

you seem to forget that I was a member of your belief system and found it lacking.

And who died and put you in charge ?

You made a personal decision. And somehow that is supposed to be universal ?

Give me a break.

All anyone has to do is read your literature with a critical eye to see that it reeks of fantasy

Such well defined and well structured arguments. Only you fogot to bring them.

my so called "petty statement" is also based in fact: "people who claim to see god are either mentally ill, highly suggestible, or lying. do you have any empirical evidence to disprove that fact.?

It isn't a fact that needs to be disproved.

In fact, it isn't a fact at all.

there is no contradiction.

That's because there is no valid argument.

This post was good for a laugh. Glad I had five minutes to waste pointing out your flaws.

And once again, I will bring up the fact that this thread was called....

"The Truth....."

In reading this, I get the feeling it should be called "Why I am bitter......."

an absolute claim ? it's not a claim, it's a fact: "there is no quantifiable proof that god exists."

Fail.

as to major flaws: there is a huge inequality in the role women play in your church, they hold no positions of authority and no real say in workings the church.

They have plenty of decision making power and even more influence. All those authoritative men were raised by......their mothers. hhhhmmmmm........

None that I can see.

Give me a break.

my so called "petty statement" is also based in fact: "people who claim to see god are either mentally ill, highly suggestible, or lying. do you have any empirical evidence to disprove that fact.?

This post was good for a laugh. Glad I had five minutes to waste pointing out your flaws.
I had a truly scathing retort all worked out, but I'm past it now!:lol::lol:

Fail.

None that I can see.

Give me a break.

Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

Argument from ignorance may be used as a rationalization by a person who realizes that he has no reason for holding the belief that he does.

The fallaciousness of arguments from ignorance does not mean that one can never possess good reasons for thinking that something does not exist, an idea captured by philosopher Bertrand Russell's teapot, a hypothetical china teapot revolving about the sun between Earth and Mars; however this would fall more duly under the arena of pragmatism, wherein a position must be demonstrated or proven in order to be upheld, and therefore the burden of proof is on the argument's proponent.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Truth....."

I've learned that the truth is something people nowadays don't really care about. It's sad because it's the truth that sets us free. And only by building our lives on a foundation of the truth can we become a free people again.

"The Truth....."

I've learned that the truth is something people nowadays don't really care about. It's sad because it's the truth that sets us free. And only by building our lives on a foundation of the truth can we become a free people again.

It's kind of hard to discuss "the truth" with people who work so hard to believe lies.

It's impossible to discuss anything with a stupid fucking bigot like you.

It's impossible to discuss anything with a stupid fucking bigot like you.

Okay, Spanky, I'm going to try to treat you like you really aren't a Mormon.

Since you claim that you are not a member of the LDS, then you do not really believe that Joseph Smith was talking to God.

So that means that you believe that Joseph Smith was lying.

No other way around it. You either accept Smith was really talking to God, in which case you'd better sign up, or you believe he is a liar, in which case, all Mormons are dupes or liars themselves.

I mean, I know you want to take the poltiically correct position that respects their right to a religion and shit, but intellectually, those are the only two choices on the menu.

Let's see if you can answer this one without screaming a bunch of obscenities...

Not in any way interested in your failed attempts at theology, you stupid bigot. You have proven yourself too stupid and self-obsessed to understand any faith or even faith itself, you failure of a human being. In fact, you have proven yourself to be an absolute moron in general, regardless of the topic. Fuck off.

Not in any way interested in your failed attempts at theology, you stupid bigot. You have proven yourself too stupid and self-obsessed to understand any faith or even faith itself, you failure of a human being. In fact, you have proven yourself to be an absolute moron in general, regardless of the topic. Fuck off.

See, I knew you were incapable of it...

:lol::lol::lol:

Argument fail.

What did I just tell you, fool?

That you were incapable of refuting the argument. We all get that. Don't feel bad. Your secret is safe with me. :badgrin:

You're an idiot. The only argument I am concerned with is that you are a stupid fucking bigot. You are utterly incapable of discussing theology, so trying to change the subject (gee, did you think I wouldn't notice? :rolleyes:) is, like everything else you do, not going to work. You're really bad at this.

That you were incapable of refuting the argument. We all get that. Don't feel bad. Your secret is safe with me. :badgrin:

You're an idiot. The only argument I am concerned with is that you are a stupid fucking bigot. You are utterly incapable of discussing theology, so trying to change the subject (gee, did you think I wouldn't notice? :rolleyes:) is, like everything else you do, not going to work. You're really bad at this.
so much for christian good will.

I think I understood the theology of the issue pretty well.

Either Joseph Smith was really talking to God, or he just made this shit up.

Unlike the bible, there really isn't a middle ground.

Since you (claim) you don't believe he was talking to God, then you have to believe he was a liar and con man, and anyone who believes him is a dupe. You see, no real middle ground, really.

Forum List

Back