The truth about taxes

Is Scientific American a lefty blog?

Here's something for you to read. Of course you won't. It's 10 screens long and even though it breaks down the numbers, you'd prefer something so easily digested that you could consider it heresay. I guess you're just condenmed to remain blind. If only that would make you happy.

How Much Will Tar Sands Oil Add to Global Warming?: Scientific American

On the whacked out conspiracy theory of a global warming 'climatologist' freak... this does not prove it was faulty, would have ruptured, or anything along the lines that would have specifically caused IT to be an environmental nightmare

You have nothing, troll

You are one stupid MF. I knew you wouldn't read it. The question is not whether the pipeline ruptures, it's that it would open the floodgates to the most greenhouse gas producing oil out there.

Now we know the real reason the left opposed the pipeline.

I've stated the facts a number of times in the past and I don't think it made a bit of difference to the people like you who've already made up their minds.

Meaning you've got nothing other than leftwing propaganda. You said the stuff shipped through that pipeline is hardly worth refining? Well, if that was the case, then there wouldn't be so many large, prosperous, productive corporations competing for a chance to do it, would there? Corporations that will be paying real taxes or real profits which is a concept that seems so difficult and elusive for those who want the rich to pay much much more. The same people seem to have a really tough time wrapping their minds around a concept of creating more tax payers as the best and most compassionate way to increase the tax base.

Oh, I'm sure it's worth refining if you're the one to reap the profits. It's just not worth putting up with if you're the ones who have to live with the environmental impact.

There is no more environmental impact than any other kind of oil. Of course, you would put a stop to all oil extraction if you could. Rational people, on the other hand, want gas to put in their cars and all the other products made from oil.

Meaning you've got nothing other than leftwing propaganda. You said the stuff shipped through that pipeline is hardly worth refining? Well, if that was the case, then there wouldn't be so many large, prosperous, productive corporations competing for a chance to do it, would there? Corporations that will be paying real taxes or real profits which is a concept that seems so difficult and elusive for those who want the rich to pay much much more. The same people seem to have a really tough time wrapping their minds around a concept of creating more tax payers as the best and most compassionate way to increase the tax base.

Oh, I'm sure it's worth refining if you're the one to reap the profits. It's just not worth putting up with if you're the ones who have to live with the environmental impact.

There is no more environmental impact than any other kind of oil. Of course, you would put a stop to all oil extraction if you could. Rational people, on the other hand, want gas to put in their cars and all the other products made from oil.

just think if these far left idiots had their way they would not be able to post their propaganda all over the internet.

In other words - JN here has no facts to back up his wild and outrageous claims. That's typical of Dumbocrats - they deal in "estimates" from radical propaganda while we deal in facts.

They were taxed overseas by the Dumbocrats. They were regulated overseas by the Dumbocrats. They were unionized overseas by the Dumbocrats. They were demonized overseas by the Dumbocrats.

You can do you song and dance about Mitt Romney's personal wealth all you want, but payroll doesn't come out of Mitt Romney's personal bank account. It comes out of the corporate bank account - the same corporate bank account that is pulverized by the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

This post here really illustrates the difference between our facts and your wild wing-nut estimates.

Pure conservative 'religion'. Maybe you should remove the plank from your eye before you talk about other people's 'religion'.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think Romney refused to make public all but one tax return?

See my point? I like FACTS. You like what people "think" and what they "estimate".

I have no idea why Mitt Romney refused certain tax reforms. My GUESS (and it is only a GUESS) is that he had suffered enough attacks by you lazy communists, and he didn't want to give you any more fuel for the fire. But that is a wild guess. I don't know the man. I have no idea what his reasons were.

Are you ready to talk facts yet? Like the FACT that payroll doesn't come out of Mitt Romney's personal bank account and the FACT that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world? Nah - you don't want to talk about that, do you?

You trot this dog out at least once a thread even though it's been debunked every time.

GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013

Here's something for you to read. Of course you won't. It's 10 screens long and even though it breaks down the numbers, you'd prefer something so easily digested that you could consider it heresay. I guess you're just condenmed to remain blind. If only that would make you happy.

How Much Will Tar Sands Oil Add to Global Warming?: Scientific American

Sorry Joe, other than this man-made theory to create an "end of the world apocalypse" through global warming, you have provided nothing to prove that oil pipelines are highly susceptible to ruptures and an environmental hazard. Meanwhile, I am enjoying another cold winter snowfall along with a majority of the east coast while reading about your views of global warming.

He isn't opposing the pipeline because it might rupture. He thinks if we close down the pipeline, Canada won't extract all that evil tar sand oil. Of course it will anyway and will be shipping by far more environmentally hazardous means than the pipeline will be. But some are short sighted in that way.

I say bring it on. We need the jobs. We need the oil. And we need a regenerated tax base.

I glad that you at least understand my point even if you don't agree with it. All the other partisan hacks on this site don't even seem to understand the issue.

You, nor anyone else, has stated any actual fact that proves the pipeline would actually be a natural 'disaster', environmental 'disaster' or anything of the sort.. you posted opinion, fanciful speculation, and pure unabashed bullshit

Yes, it is. Scientific has been biased towards the left for decades. Anything it has to say on the subject of global warming is just more propaganda.

Show me what qualifies as a credible scientific journal in your opinion.

Pure conservative 'religion'. Maybe you should remove the plank from your eye before you talk about other people's 'religion'.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think Romney refused to make public all but one tax return?

See my point? I like FACTS. You like what people "think" and what they "estimate".

I have no idea why Mitt Romney refused certain tax reforms. My GUESS (and it is only a GUESS) is that he had suffered enough attacks by you lazy communists, and he didn't want to give you any more fuel for the fire. But that is a wild guess. I don't know the man. I have no idea what his reasons were.

Are you ready to talk facts yet? Like the FACT that payroll doesn't come out of Mitt Romney's personal bank account and the FACT that we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world? Nah - you don't want to talk about that, do you?

You trot this dog out at least once a thread even though it's been debunked every time.

Well.. when you and other progs think that the US government is entitled to offshore earnings of a company, you may have a rate such as that... truth is that the rates and amounts paid by corporations on monies earned within the US are indeed very high..

But hey, if you are worried about deductions, exemptions, etc.. you would be in favor of a flat tax across the board, both corporate and personal income... but we know you won't like that, when you don't get to punish/tax the rich and successful more than yourself

Well.. when you and other progs think that the US government is entitled to offshore earnings of a company, you may have a rate such as that... truth is that the rates and amounts paid by corporations on monies earned within the US are indeed very high..

But hey, if you are worried about deductions, exemptions, etc.. you would be in favor of a flat tax across the board, both corporate and personal income... but we know you won't like that, when you don't get to punish/tax the rich and successful more than yourself

I won't go so far as to say that a flat tax would be ideal but if it eliminated all the bullshit loopholes and tax havens, it would be better than what we have.

He isn't opposing the pipeline because it might rupture. He thinks if we close down the pipeline, Canada won't extract all that evil tar sand oil. Of course it will anyway and will be shipping by far more environmentally hazardous means than the pipeline will be. But some are short sighted in that way.

I say bring it on. We need the jobs. We need the oil. And we need a regenerated tax base.

I glad that you at least understand my point even if you don't agree with it. All the other partisan hacks on this site don't even seem to understand the issue.

And how, exactly, does bringing up from the ground cause a problem for the environment? :cuckoo:

Hey Joe - are you aware of the billions of barrels of oil that leak into the ocean every year as earthquakes under the ocean crack the floor? Doesn't it make sense to pull that out from the ground before it billions and billions of barrels of it spill into the ocean.

Oh what am I talking about. Of course you're not aware. ThinkProgress didn't tell you about that part! :eusa_whistle:

I won't go so far as to say that a flat tax would be ideal but if it eliminated all the bullshit loopholes and tax havens, it would be better than what we have.

Ideal meaning that you don't get over and have others pay while you and those you support don't...

I am not looking for anything but equal treatment by government under law... and flat tax, is exactly that

And how, exactly, does bringing up from the ground cause a problem for the environment? :cuckoo:

Hey Joe - are you aware of the billions of barrels of oil that leak into the ocean every year as earthquakes under the ocean crack the floor? Doesn't it make sense to pull that out from the ground before it billions and billions of barrels of it spill into the ocean.

Oh what am I talking about. Of course you're not aware. ThinkProgress didn't tell you about that part! :eusa_whistle:

Link please.

You know what dog, Google wasn't aware of this news either. They must not have the secret decoder ring that you have.

Link please.

Tons of Oil Seeps into Gulf of Mexico Each Year : News

While Oil Gently Seeps from the Seafloor : Oceanus Magazine

You know what dog, Google wasn't aware of this news either. They must not have the secret decoder ring that you have.

Really dumb ass? How dumb exactly are you [MENTION=35352]zeke[/MENTION] that you can't even figure out how to use Google? :lmao:

Really dumb ass? How dumb exactly are you [MENTION=35352]zeke[/MENTION] that you can't even figure out how to use Google? :lmao:

An oil spill every day
But I got a break in January 2005. I was aboard a 20-foot motorboat a mile offshore from the campus of the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB) with my colleague, Dave Valentine, a UCSB marine geochemist. The water was calm and flat—dampened by a widespread, iridescent film of oil on the surface. Big oil patties floated about. The air smelled like diesel fuel.
By any definition, it was a classic oil spill. But we were the only boat in the area—no Coast Guard, no oil booms, no throngs of cleanup crews in white Tyvak suits, no helicopters, no media, and no shipwreck.

Why? Because this oil spill was entirely natural. The oil had seeped from reservoirs below the seafloor, leaked through cracks in the crust about 150 feet (45 meters) under water. Lighter than seawater, the escaped oil floated to the ocean surface.

:eusa_shhh: Scientists Find That Tons Of Oil Seep Into The Gulf Of Mexico Each Year :eusa_shhh:

:eusa_shhh: Scientists Find That Tons Of Oil Seep Into The Gulf Of Mexico Each Year :eusa_shhh:

Damn [MENTION=35352]zeke[/MENTION] - if only someone could figure out how to use this complicated Google.... :lmao:

Natural oil leaks equal to 8–80 Exxon Valdez spills | ISA

Folks, this is simply an astounding display of profound ignorance. The dreadful conditions of the VA hosptials made nations news for months at one point. How [MENTION=37583]JoeNormal[/MENTION] could be this ignorant of national news simply defies belief...

Some Veterans' Hospitals in Shocking Shape - ABC News

Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'It Is Just Not Walter Reed'

This what happens when a system is underfunded and over utilized. As I said before, you'd probably prefer that the people these facilities serve would have the decency to just shuffle off and die as quickly as possible.

No Joe - what I would prefer is that we end the unconstitutional, nightmare socialism that the idiot liberals support, so that we can properly care of the men and women who earned it through their service.

It's "underfunded" because assholes just like you support Obamacare - which costs $2 trillion. That's $2 trillion that could have gone to the VA.

How sad that you would rather see welfare queens on crack with 12 children from 11 different men get healthcare over our military men and women who risk their ass every day so you can sit on yours.

And once again the facts prove I was right Joe...

Under Obama, troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity to make ends meet - Washington Times

Sorry Joe, other than this man-made theory to create an "end of the world apocalypse" through global warming, you have provided nothing to prove that oil pipelines are highly susceptible to ruptures and an environmental hazard. Meanwhile, I am enjoying another cold winter snowfall along with a majority of the east coast while reading about your views of global warming.

That's because it really isn't an issue Joe. If the tar sands oil was unprofitable, Canadian oil companies wouldn't be extracting billions of barrels of it. And the Keystone pipeline is the environmentally safest, most economical, and most efficient way to get it to the huge refining capability on our Gulf coast. I posted the truth about the environmental impact in the refining process and it is negligible and is headed for technologies that will improve environmental impact.

My point is, that the process is profitable enough that Canada will mine this resource. So blocking the Keystone Pipeline is an unnecessary and short sighted anti-business prospect that kills jobs and restricts economic activity even as our fearless leader continues to impose and threaten to impose even more regulation, mandates, and taxes on American business. And that is the sad truth about the state of taxes in America these days.

We all should be demanding that all this be thought through honestly and for practical application to produce the best outcomes instead of doggedly sticking to ideologically motivated talking points and dogma.

The grand illusion of our government's "entitled" tax rate of corporations. Your article bases it's figures off of "global" profits a business makes, and speaks nothing of those who have only established themselves only within the United States. Rather it gives validity behind a corporation's decision to establish themselves outside our country, and how Democrats have continuously failed when it comes to actually encouraging those same businesses to remain in this country where they can provide Americans with jobs. Our national corporate tax rate (along with state and local taxes) is among the highest in the world, second to only the United Arab Emirates. It's the revenue greed of liberal democrats that gives reason for jobs to find their way in countries with a more welcoming business climate, your link only further provides proof of that. Maybe one day liberals will wake up and actually be able to cite Democrat legislation that encourages and keeps those jobs here in the United States, but I won't be holding my breath.

Corporate tax rates table | KPMG | GLOBAL

Forum List

Back