The truth about taxes

“I’m sick of hearing Democrats call today’s tax rates “historically low.” That is another lie. There are many factors that determine your tax bill—including deductions and tax credits. Overall, we are all paying among the highest taxes ever...

I proved this is wrong.

All of our tax rates used to be much higher, especially for the rich.

for more than 60 years, the rich had a marginal tax rate above 80%.

Marginal rates are only part of the equation. Furthermore, you have to consider the income bracket at which the rate applies. Then there's also the matter of deductions. When we had those high marginal rates, we also had numerous deductions that made the effective tax rate much lower.

Also, consider the fact that marginal rates were first dramtically increased by the Hoover administration in 1932. FDR jacked them up even higher soon after gaining office. The result was 12 more years of the depression.

Yeah, that's where we want to go.

tax rates were much higher for the rich, decades ago.

at 80% in fact.

even for the middle class, tax rates were higher.

for 60 years, the rich had a marginal tax rate of 80%

this proves the OP is a lie.

For 60 years there were deductions and tax credits that resulted in people actually paying 20% instead of 80%. What you actually end up paying to Uncle Sam is all that matters. And nobody paid 80% of their income. Nobody.

This PROVES you are lying. I have facts backed up with citations to a litany of sources. You've got nothing but your typical propaganda. And that's why I'm owning you in this debate [MENTION=44947]Hoffstra[/MENTION] (and that is apparent in your panic :lol:)

tax rates were much higher for the rich, decades ago.

at 80% in fact.

even for the middle class, tax rates were higher.

Repeating the lie over and over doesn't make it any more true... :eusa_doh:

You've got nothing. I've stuffed with thread with a litany of indisputable FATCS which prove you are lying (like a typical libtard).

For 60 years there were deductions and tax credits that resulted in people actually paying 20% instead of 80%. What you actually end up paying to Uncle Sam is all that matters. And nobody paid 80% of their income. Nobody.

This PROVES you are lying. I have facts backed up with citations to a litany of sources. You've got nothing but your typical propaganda. And that's why I'm owning you in this debate [MENTION=44947]Hoffstra[/MENTION] (and that is apparent in your panic :lol:)

OK asshole, what was the average Effective Federal Income Tax rate for the rich during this 60 years of 80% marginal tax rate?

“I’m sick of hearing Democrats call today’s tax rates “historically low.” That is another lie. There are many factors that determine your tax bill—including deductions and tax credits. Overall, we are all paying among the highest taxes ever...

I proved this is wrong.

All of our tax rates used to be much higher, especially for the rich.

for more than 60 years, the rich had a marginal tax rate above 80%.

Marginal rates are only part of the equation. Furthermore, you have to consider the income bracket at which the rate applies. Then there's also the matter of deductions. When we had those high marginal rates, we also had numerous deductions that made the effective tax rate much lower.

Also, consider the fact that marginal rates were first dramtically increased by the Hoover administration in 1932. FDR jacked them up even higher soon after gaining office. The result was 12 more years of the depression.

Yeah, that's where we want to go.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

what was the average effective tax rate for the rich during the 60 years that they had marginal rates at 80% or higher?

I noticed you conveniently left out the part that proved you are wrong (and a liar):

Overall, we are all paying among the highest taxes ever. “Tax Freedom Day” in 2012 was April 17. That means the average taxpayer had to give the government all the money he made for more than the first three and a half months of the year, just to pay his tax burden.

In 1917 “Tax Freedom Day” was January 24. Facts don’t lie, folks. If taxes are “historically low,” then why does it take until April to pay our taxes, versus mid-January in 1917?”

So how do you explain that [MENTION=44947]Hoffstra[/MENTION]? A persons entire tax responsibility was paid in full 24 days into the year in 1917. Now we have to work until mid-April (4 months) to pay off our debt to Uncle Sam.

The numbers don't lie. Liberals do...

If your paying that much tax you need to fire your CPA.

Can you tell Montecresto here is one of the 49% who pays no taxes? She stunned at what we pay and thinks a different CPA can solve the problem. :lol:

Sweetie, the only way you pay less than that is if you engage in tax evasion. I leave that to the limousine Hollywood liberals and Dumbocrat politicians.

Wrong, I have a better CPA than you do. And it doesn't require any evasion, just smarter than you and your reduced to name calling and personal attacks. And there's two other guys here mopping the floor with you right now, better get busy.

If your paying that much tax you need to fire your CPA.

Can you tell Montecresto here is one of the 49% who pays no taxes? She stunned at what we pay and thinks a different CPA can solve the problem. :lol:

Sweetie, the only way you pay less than that is if you engage in tax evasion. I leave that to the limousine Hollywood liberals and Dumbocrat politicians.

Wrong, I have a better CPA than you do. And it doesn't require any evasion, just smarter than you and your reduced to name calling and personal attacks. And there's two other guys here mopping the floor with you right now, better get busy.

Go back through the thread - you're the unhinged pms'ing twat who started the personal attacks. Now you're getting all emotional about it? :cuckoo:

By the way sweetie, admitting to tax evasion in a public forum is going to come back and bit you in the ass some day....:eusa_whistle:

Go back through the thread - you're the unhinged pms'ing twat who started the personal attacks. Now you're getting all emotional about it? :cuckoo:

By the way sweetie, admitting to tax evasion in a public forum is going to come back and bit you in the ass some day....:eusa_whistle:

are you threatening to report him to the IRS?

shame on you.

now, tell us what the average Effective Tax Rate was for the rich during the 60 years that they had a marginal tax rate of 80%.

And there's two other guys here mopping the floor with you right now, better get busy.

Schizophrenia: a mental disorder that makes it hard to tell the difference between what is real and not real; think clearly; have normal emotional responses; act normally in social situations.

Text book.... :lol:

(you're seeing things - seek help immediately)

There is only one (unhinged) person attempting to debate with me right now and I have utterly destroyed her. I have at least a dozen different citations right now. That person doesn't have one. Not one credible link, source, etc. Nothing.

shame on you.

now, tell us what the average Effective Tax Rate was for the rich during the 60 years that they had a marginal tax rate of 80%.

Honestly? Not at all. That thought didn't even cross my mind (how interesting that it crossed yours). But admitting to tax evasion on a public forum is a bad idea - regardless of whether any one on that forum intends to "report" you. Perhaps you might want to familiarize yourself with Stellar Wind, Thin Thread, and Trailblazer? Careful though - enlightening yourself may shatter your image of government as the all pure, all loving entity that you worship.

As far as the rate - I have answered that already. Perhaps in your tizzy you can take a few deep breaths, calm down, and actually read what has been written?

I admitted only to being smarter than you and having a better CPA. And would stand up to an audit better than you. In the mean time though, these guys are kicking your ass here. Better stay focused.

shame on you.

No, he's not, he's just lying, which you should have recognised. :)

shame on you.

Honestly? Not at all. That thought didn't even cross my mind (how interesting that it crossed yours). But admitting to tax evasion on a public forum is a bad idea - regardless of whether any one on that forum intends to "report" you. Perhaps you might want to familiarize yourself with Stellar Wind, Thin Thread, and Trailblazer? Careful though - enlightening yourself may shatter your image of government as the all pure, all loving entity that you worship.

As far as the rate - I have answered that already. Perhaps in your tizzy you can take a few deep breaths, calm down, and actually read what has been written?

Obviously it pisses you off that there are people (mittens included) that figured out a LEGAL way around working until April for the government.

the truth about taxes is this...

Those that make the money must pay the taxes..those that do not make the money cannot.

Way to avoid the facts which are inconvenient to your irrational position with this nonsensical post... :eusa_doh:

I've never met a conservative yet who claimed that taxes should be 0%. The point is, the facts show that a 10% rate would be fair (the lefts favorite word - even though they lie about it) for everybody, would create the strongest economy, and would create the highest revenue stream possible to the government (assuming, of course, that we also eliminate all deductions, credits, etc.). And lets not forget, this would also eliminate the unnecessary IRS which would save us many billions every year as well.

shame on you.

Obviously it pisses you off that there are people (mittens included) that figured out a LEGAL way around working until April for the government.

Yeah - they are called welfare queens. Parasites like you who refuse to work.

Holy Jesus are you just burying yourself in this thread. Dude, when the IRS knocks on your door tomorrow, don't even think about blaming me. You did this to yourself.... :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Holy Jesus are you just burying yourself in this thread. Dude, when the IRS knocks on your door tomorrow, don't even think about blaming me. You did this to yourself.... :eusa_doh:

yeah, the IRS searches through internet forums, desperate to find tax cheats.

boy are you paranoid.

Quit whining Rotty. You think? you are taxed (Federal payroll taxes) to much I take it. And by being taxed to much you are hurting because you can't pay your bills. I understand that. Then go out and get a fucking job that allows you to make enough money to live on AND pay your societal responsibilities ie TAXES. With out bitching about it.

Hey [MENTION=35352]zeke[/MENTION] - is Pakistan my "social responsibility" as well?

Man does this illustrate how extremely ignorant you are of your own government and what is going on in the world. Once again, you get owned with facts...

:dance:

http://freebeacon.com/shutdown-doesnt-stop-grant-for-reproductive-health-in-pakistan/

Last edited:

yeah, the IRS searches through internet forums, desperate to find tax cheats.

boy are you paranoid.

I know you are ignorant (but for some reason that doesn't stop you from opening your mouth) so I will clue you in: they don't have to search, moron. All internet traffic is collected automatically and key words flagged and sent for further examination.

We have these things called "computers" now. These "computers" run "software" which can automate any process. You are dumber than I realized... :bang3:

Forum List

Back