The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

Japan knew of & expected serious retaliation for Pearl Harbor and I surely wouldn't call them defenseless.

I just don't think anyone expected such destruction
By 1945, they were a defenseless nation. Please keep up.

The battles on Iwo Jima and Okinawa were fought in 1945. .....

After fdr said “fu” to the idea of peace.

Sneak attacks on US Naval bases while peace negotiations are ongoing have consequences. I would say overall the Japanese came out of WWII, which they caused, far better than they deserve. By rights we should all have Japanese household slaves.

Japan knew of & expected serious retaliation for Pearl Harbor and I surely wouldn't call them defenseless.

Sneak attacks on US Naval bases while peace negotiations are ongoing have consequences. I would say overall the Japanese came out of WWII, which they caused, far better than they deserve. By rights we should all have Japanese household slaves.
You’re nuts.

If you ever attain some level of intelligence, you will realize that citizens of a tyrannical government have no say or rights. To mass murder these citizens for the acts of their government, is a war crime deserving immediate execution.

The best American value is that many Americans didn't die in the invasion of Japan.
Yeah...mass murder civilians of a defenseless nation ready to surrender, based on inaccurate information.

Ike said don’t drop those bombs. Admiral Leahy said don’t drop those bombs.

They weren't ready to surrender. Astoundingly, a second bomb was necessary to stop them from killing more Americans. <That was the objective, not sparing as many Japanese as we could.

Mass murder was the death of a thousand + Americans at Pearl Harbor. The Japanese didn't get to choose the method of retaliation. We finished what they started. Feel sorry for those families who were destroyed by an unprovoked attack on our country.

The best American value is that many Americans didn't die in the invasion of Japan.
Yeah...mass murder civilians of a defenseless nation ready to surrender, based on inaccurate information.

They weren't ready to surrender. Astoundingly, a second bomb was necessary to stop them from killing more Americans. <That was the objective, not sparing as many Japanese as we could.

Mass murder was the death of a thousand + Americans at Pearl Harbor. The Japanese didn't get to choose the method of retaliation. We finished what they started. Feel sorry for those families who were destroyed by an unprovoked attack on our country.
They offered to surrender several times, well before August 1945. FDR’s murderous demand for unconditional surrender, lead to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

You’re nuts.

If you ever attain some level of intelligence, you will realize that citizens of a tyrannical government have no say or rights. To mass murder these citizens for the acts of their government, is a war crime deserving immediate execution.

Like I've said. The Japanese got off easy. The nuclear weapons saved more of their lives than American lives. Hell, if we really wanted to hurt them we could have walked away and let the Soviet Union have them. All this leftist revisionism about the nuclear weapons use is sheer stupidity every time it comes up. You bedwetters need to grow up.

You’re nuts.

Like I've said. The Japanese got off easy. The nuclear weapons saved more of their lives than American lives. Hell, if we really wanted to hurt them we could have walked away and let the Soviet Union have them. All this leftist revisionism about the nuclear weapons use is sheer stupidity every time it comes up. You bedwetters need to grow up.
BS

They offered to surrender several times, well before August 1945. FDR’s murderous demand for unconditional surrender, lead to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths.

On their own terms. If you kill me, I don't think you get to determine your fate. Neither did they...

And you have YET to provide a LINK to any offer of surrender from the Government of Japan.

A disgracefully un- American thing to say.

A disgracefully un- American thing to say.
And yet you can not ACTUALLY link to any peace offer made by the Government of Japan. Go figure.

On their own terms. If you kill me, I don't think you get to determine your fate. Neither did they...
Yeah that’s the American Way. You attack my military base and I will burn down all your cities and mass murder your women and children.

Yeah that’s the American Way. You attack my military base and I will burn down all your cities and mass murder your women and children.

The Japanese fought every battle to the last man and preferred suicide to surrender. So they brought on this needless destruction themselves. Get over it.

Goes like this:
You declare war on the United States and attack us, we will kick your ass.

Goes like this:
Yes, Americans are blood thirsty.

A tyrannical government in which it’s people have no say, attacks the US. The US then mass murders those people. Americans do love total war.

Goes like this:

A tyrannical government in which it’s people have no say, attacks the US. The US then mass murders those people. Americans do love total war.
The citizens WILLINGLY OBEYED every order volunteered by the millions and committed mas suicide at the bequest of that Government. And were preparing to human wave assault landing beaches with bamboo spears. All because they WILLINGLY obeyed the Government.

The worst American value was using a weapon of mass destruction on a defenseless nation, ready to surrender.
If true, why were the Japanese trying to create the same weapon of mass destruction, and
a defenseless nation, ready to surrender, should not bomb or go to war with other nations.
So? Wouldn’t you if a blood thirsty asshole like FDR, was trying to murder your entire nation? WTF is wrong with you?
I the
Statism warps the mind

Goes like this:

That's why America created the Kamikaze units because they love total war. America also created the "If you surrender you are not a soldier" concept. Blood thirsty savages eh what?

The worst American value was using a weapon of mass destruction on a defenseless nation, ready to surrender.
If true, why were the Japanese trying to create the same weapon of mass destruction, and
a defenseless nation, ready to surrender, should not bomb or go to war with other nations.
So? Wouldn’t you if a blood thirsty asshole like FDR, was trying to murder your entire nation? WTF is wrong with you?
I the
Statism warps the mind

Goes like this:

That's why America created the Kamikaze units because they love total war. America also created the "If you surrender you are not a soldier" concept. Blood thirsty savages eh what?
Dumb as usual. The Japanese resorted to kamikaze attacks because all their experienced pilots were dead, and the US government would not accept their surrender terms.

I the
Statism warps the mind

Goes like this:

Dumb as usual. The Japanese resorted to kamikaze attacks because all their experienced pilots were dead, and the US government would not accept their surrender terms.
Moron the Government of Japan at NO TIME ever offered to surrender. You have no link no document NOTHING to support your claim except the fevered imagination of writers 30 years after the fact and they can not link to or provide a shred of evidence to support their claim either.

The claim comes from the fact that there was a peace group in the Japanese Government from the Navy. They were a MINORITY and never controlled the Government but even they never offered to surrender all they ever offered was CEASE FIRE return to 41 start ,lines no concessions in China, no disarmament and no occupation. After 2 atomic bombs the Japanese Government REFUSED to surrender and the Emperor had to over ride them and then the ARMY attempted a COUP to stop that.

Forum List

Back