The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

well I have history.

Well, some people spend too much time looking backwards and thus nothing ever changes.
I chose trump. you can't get more out there than that vote. so I still have history. My vote mattered.

Did Trump win the state you live in?
nope? Neither did any third party candidate. I live in one of the worst states in the country. Illinois. My guy still won cause I championed my vote over the internet to others to vote for him. I spoke with many people outside my state. and those states did win.

I'm not afraid to tell anyone I voted for trump. It was the correct vote to save the country. you can see how weekly.

This is why the debt has jumped?? But..we have done nothing yet to rebuild..that is still in the future!

Blaming this on your favorite whipping boy is not going to work here. BTW...Obama did not 'Decimate' the military. His administration did spend less..they also did less. There was a draw-down from post-9/11 levels--not quite the same thing at all.

You just wish to ignore that reduced revenues are going to result in even more borrowing....and the result may well be a recession.
while you ignore obama printing money like it was going out of style?

funny you get onto people for the blame game but obama blamed bush for at least his first 4 years.
What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Obama is the past...although I will point out that he had to deal with a recession so bad, history calls it "The Great Recession". What and who Obama "blamed" has no relevance here.
My point..and the point of the article, is that Decreased Revenue, coupled with increased spending, will result in a higher deficit and an increased dependence on borrowing. The pie in the sky assertion that the ramped- up economy will make up for the shortfall is ludicrous.

If you have something that shows me that I'm wrong..please post it.
/----/ " history calls it The Great Recession". " History calls it? Well I called HISTORY and he had no idea what you're talking about.
View attachment 175042

It is correctly known as the Great Bush Recession of 2018
/-----/ "It is correctly known as the Great Bush Recession of 2018" 2018????? We're in a Bush recession after 8 years of Obozo? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
View attachment 175059

You fail to understand the concept of a recession

The Great Bush Recession of 2008 had:
5 quarters negative GDP
Losing 700,000 jobs a month
Banks and auto companies failing
A stock market that had lost half it value
Unemployment doubled

Thankfully, The Great Obama saved us from the Great Bush Recession turning into the Great Bush Depression

Let me correct you, the funding was largely set BY DEMOCRATS WHO CONTROLLED CONGRESS AND OBAMA by the time Obama reached office.

Even the CATO institute, a flagrantly right wing Libertarian think tank contradicts you. The CBO was projecting those deficits before Obama was even elected. The 2009 fiscal year didn't begin until October 2009.

200911_blog_mitchell2.jpg

AND...wait for it...Democrats controlled spending since 2007. I'm going to keep reminding you dishonest hacks.
You see my question is, does it matter? We are in the spot we are in period, keep shuffling blame and it continues. The real question is when will we as americans quit allowing this and hold the current reps responible for what they do! I ask you again are you against deficits? If so are you willing to vote out your rep if they do not act regardless of thier political party?

Holy shit a rational question. The answer is no, it does not matter. Idiot politicians have sunk us so far in debt there is only one solution. Spending cuts would be like shooting spit wads at the problem now. The only solution is to grow our way out of the mess, economic growth and not marginal growth like we had over the past 8 years while piling on another $13 trillion dollars but serious economic growth. The kind of growth Trump is pushing.

Here are a couple of sobering facts...no country or group of countries are wealthy enough to bail out the U.S. You can bail out a Greece size country, but there's not safety net for the U.S. Second, every major world power in all of human history has failed and gone belly up every last one of them so don't think it can't happen to the U.S.
Thank you for some honesty. Now we know where you realy stand! This is progress, I got a lot better information as to what you actually want for this country and how to get there instead of who fucked us! If we want to drain the swamp the real way is to not allow our parties to play the blame game! It is to send a message that vote the way we want you to or look for a new job regardless of party! If we as a voting populace say shrink the deficit or go home and then back that at the next election then they will start to act. This loyalty to party voting and the blame game must stop!

Agreed. I'm ON RECORD many times blasting the GOP for spending, borrowing, and lying, their stupid ass trade deals, we'd be here all day discussing how dumb the GOP has been. As a fiscal conservative I play no favorites.

Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

Recession in 2019? It only makes sense that the man who made his fortune with other people's money is still all about borrowing:

"It was another crazy news week, so it's understandable if you missed a small but important announcement from the Treasury Department: The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget.

That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the “fiscal outlook.” The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. In a report this week, the CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.
The uptick in borrowing is yet another complication in the heated debates in Congress over whether to spend more money on infrastructure, the military, disaster relief and other domestic programs. The deficit is already up significantly, even before Congress allots more money to any of these areas.

“We're addicted to debt,” says Marc Goldwein, senior policy director at Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. He blames both parties for the situation.

What's particularly jarring is this is the first time borrowing has jumped this much (as a share of GDP) in a non-recession time since Ronald Reagan was president, says Ernie Tedeschi, a former senior adviser to the U.S. Treasury who is now head of fiscal analysis at Evercore ISI. Under Reagan, borrowing spiked because of a buildup in the military, something Trump is advocating again."
/----/ After Obozo decimated the military, Trump has to rebuild it. Same thing happened to Reagan and GWB.
This is why the debt has jumped?? But..we have done nothing yet to rebuild..that is still in the future!

Blaming this on your favorite whipping boy is not going to work here. BTW...Obama did not 'Decimate' the military. His administration did spend less..they also did less. There was a draw-down from post-9/11 levels--not quite the same thing at all.

You just wish to ignore that reduced revenues are going to result in even more borrowing....and the result may well be a recession.

funny you get onto people for the blame game but obama blamed bush for at least his first 4 years.

The USA is still paying for shit W did all these years later. One of the things I’ve learned is that the wounds inflicted on institutions during partisan wars such as the current one, inflict lasting damage.

The Republican Party will not survive Donald Trump. Nor should it. Hopefully, the splinter group of those with a shred of moral decency left, can overcome the poisonous base and stop pandering to it.

Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

Recession in 2019? It only makes sense that the man who made his fortune with other people's money is still all about borrowing:

"It was another crazy news week, so it's understandable if you missed a small but important announcement from the Treasury Department: The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget.

Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the “fiscal outlook.” The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. In a report this week, the CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.
The uptick in borrowing is yet another complication in the heated debates in Congress over whether to spend more money on infrastructure, the military, disaster relief and other domestic programs. The deficit is already up significantly, even before Congress allots more money to any of these areas.

“We're addicted to debt,” says Marc Goldwein, senior policy director at Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. He blames both parties for the situation.

What's particularly jarring is this is the first time borrowing has jumped this much (as a share of GDP) in a non-recession time since Ronald Reagan was president, says Ernie Tedeschi, a former senior adviser to the U.S. Treasury who is now head of fiscal analysis at Evercore ISI. Under Reagan, borrowing spiked because of a buildup in the military, something Trump is advocating again."
why can we afford a drug war?

/----/ We need to stop democRATs from selling drugs to children. That's why.

nope? Neither did any third party candidate. I live in one of the worst states in the country. Illinois.

So, in your state your vote was for the losing candidate.
In the popular vote your vote was for the losing candidate.

So, tell me again how your vote somehow counted more than mine?

By the way, I live in the same state as you.

no, reality from all previous elections, it's either a democrat of republican. the third party merely gives one or the other the win. so it becomes a non vote.

it is what is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

A third party cannot win because nobody will vote for them, and nobody will vote for them because they cannot win.

Besides using your "logic", a vote for a Dem in Utah becomes a non-vote because a Dem does not win in Utah. This can get pretty stupid, pretty fast.
See the conversation goes right back to an R vs D thing. Yes we are ripe for another party. A third party could exist and becaome just as powerfull over time, we just have to be willing to belive it is possible and give it time to develope. Currrenlty no one is realy held responsible the iincumbent wins most the time in just about every office but the presidency any way. Are we realy throwing away our votes for as long as this is true! As it sits the republicans can run up the deficit and blame the dems before them and then the dems can get in and run up the deficit and blame it on the republicans or in any order you prefer and we just let them! Nothing changes and we sit here and call each other libtard and conned repugs. Mean while they do what the fuck they want and keep their jobs.

nope? Neither did any third party candidate. I live in one of the worst states in the country. Illinois.

So, in your state your vote was for the losing candidate.
In the popular vote your vote was for the losing candidate.

So, tell me again how your vote somehow counted more than mine?

By the way, I live in the same state as you.
cause I voted for a person that I promoted in other states to get the vote out and win. grassroots baby.

no, reality from all previous elections, it's either a democrat of republican. the third party merely gives one or the other the win. so it becomes a non vote.

it is what is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

A third party cannot win because nobody will vote for them, and nobody will vote for them because they cannot win.

Besides using your "logic", a vote for a Dem in Utah becomes a non-vote because a Dem does not win in Utah. This can get pretty stupid, pretty fast.
See the conversation goes right back to an R vs D thing. Yes we are ripe for another party. A third party could exist and becaome just as powerfull over time, we just have to be willing to belive it is possible and give it time to develope. Currrenlty no one is realy held responsible the iincumbent wins most the time in just about every office but the presidency any way. Are we realy throwing away our votes for as long as this is true! As it sits the republicans can run up the deficit and blame the dems before them and then the dems can get in and run up the deficit and blame it on the republicans or in any order you prefer and we just let them! Nothing changes and we sit here and call each other libtard and conned repugs. Mean while they do what the fuck they want and keep their jobs.
dude trump was a third party. he did it differently and won. so it isn't R vs D.

He has added to it

Obama cut the deficit by over half

Obama increase the deficit by over half, then cut it...lol okay. :itsok:

Idiocy. When did Obama "increase the deficit by over half"

What was Bush highest deficit, what was Obama's, there you have it.

Bush's budget for 2009 - 1.3 Trillion defict.

...anything else?

Obama was president in 2009 and Democrats controlled congress and spending from 2007 to 2010. Facts are not your friend. Push me further and we'll discuss Obama's Fed printing another $3 trillion dollars to prop up the Obama economy and what Obama blew $800 billion in so called stimulus money on.
The rich had to get bailed out.

What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Obama is the past...although I will point out that he had to deal with a recession so bad, history calls it "The Great Recession". What and who Obama "blamed" has no relevance here.
My point..and the point of the article, is that Decreased Revenue, coupled with increased spending, will result in a higher deficit and an increased dependence on borrowing. The pie in the sky assertion that the ramped- up economy will make up for the shortfall is ludicrous.

If you have something that shows me that I'm wrong..please post it.
/----/ " history calls it The Great Recession". " History calls it? Well I called HISTORY and he had no idea what you're talking about.
View attachment 175042

Did you? Are you sure you didn't smoke dope and called your uncle instead?

The Great Recession | Federal Reserve History
/----/ Written by Robert Rich -- how is that "HISTORY?" Just his opinion. You idiot. BTW Obozo declared the recession over in 2010. Not so great, eh? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Moron, recessions are not "announced" they have a technical definition.

Great Recession was over in the middle of 2009, when GDP growth resumed and RECOVERY phase began.

The right wing is for lager government, not smaller government, now?

dude trump was a third party. he did it differently and won. so it isn't R vs D.

is there a talking point that you have not bought into? Holy crap.

Like it or not, Trump ran for and won as a Repup. Nice try though. And you voted for him because he was a Repub. Had he been running as the true third party and had Cruz or even Kaich won for the Rs, you would have voted for them, according to your own words.

Obama increase the deficit by over half, then cut it...lol okay. :itsok:

Idiocy. When did Obama "increase the deficit by over half"

What was Bush highest deficit, what was Obama's, there you have it.

Bush's budget for 2009 - 1.3 Trillion defict.

...anything else?

Obama was president in 2009 and Democrats controlled congress and spending from 2007 to 2010. Facts are not your friend. Push me further and we'll discuss Obama's Fed printing another $3 trillion dollars to prop up the Obama economy and what Obama blew $800 billion in so called stimulus money on.
The rich had to get bailed out.
from what?

The right wing is for lager government, not smaller government, now?

the right wing is for lager government and has been since before the days of Regan.

The last true Conservative president was Coolidge.

is there a talking point that you have not bought into? Holy crap.

Like it or not, Trump ran for and won as a Repup. Nice try though. And you voted for him because he was a Repub. Had he been running as the true third party and had Cruz or even Kaich won for the Rs, you would have voted for them, according to your own words.
none of their money. he was a third party. dude, it's how it was sold the entire race.

Forum List

Back