The U.S. Has No Conservative Party | Opinion

Yes, we give in to the propaganda and fear. It's the crux of the lesser-of-two-evils scam. Ranked choice voting will eliminate that, but we won't get that until we "just say no" to the fear-mongering pumped out by the major parties.

And the question that remains is how to change the minds of 51% of the voting public to start voting for only fiscal conservatives.
Solve that problem and you could single handedly save the country.

Do I have to explain it again? Seriously, I've already done that many many times.

Fiscal conservatives support a small, limited government that lives within it's means and only does what the constitution, as written, allows. Balanced budgets. Increasing or decreasing the value of the USD and/or taxes to maintain a healthy USD value.

It supports allowing free market capitalism to pick and choose it's own winners and losers. And the government should only provide protections for innocent victims. We support laws to punish those who create economic victims. Not laws or bailouts for those who didn't come out on top because their business failed. (GM, renewable companies & corporate bailouts for example)

We support not paying out so much that the debt ceiling has to be raised. We support balancing the budget NOW. Not kicking the can with one CR after another.

That's my short version.

WIKI's definition is pretty spot on.
Fiscal conservatism or economic conservatism is a political and economic philosophy regarding fiscal policy and fiscal responsibility with an ideological basis in capitalism, individualism, limited government, and laissez-faire economics. Fiscal conservatives advocate tax cuts, reduced government spending, free markets, deregulation, privatization, free trade, and minimal government debt.

Fiscal Conservatism

You had just used the term conservatism, instead of fiscal conservatism. There are conservative values that have nothing to do with "fiscal" conservatism. So, just to be clear, you are talking about fiscal conservatism and not other conservative values?

And the question that remains is how to change the minds of 51% of the voting public to start voting for only fiscal conservatives.
While I'd love to see that, I'm not even that adamant about ideology these days. In terms of the country surviving, someone dedicated to consensus is far more important. Our leaders don't even try to lead. In that they don't try to make the case for their ideas and build real support. They just shoot for 51% and ram it home. Only to have it all undone when the "other" side is back in power.

While I'd love to see that, I'm not even that adamant about ideology these days. In terms of the country surviving, someone dedicated to consensus is far more important. Our leaders don't even try to lead. In that they don't try to make the case for their ideas and build real support. They just shoot for 51% and ram it home. Only to have it all undone when the "other" side is back in power.

They don't even have to try now a days.

You had just used the term conservatism, instead of fiscal conservatism. There are conservative values that have nothing to do with "fiscal" conservatism. So, just to be clear, you are talking about fiscal conservatism and not other conservative values?

In politics, there is only fiscal and constitutional conservatism. Social conservatism has no place in government, as it's not within their constitutional authority. Marriage, religion etc etc etc

In your mind, who fits the bill of being an "Actual Conservative"?
Liz Cheney. Adam Kinzinger. These are people with honor and integrity. They are lions.

The real irony is that Liz Cheney had one of the most conservative voting records in Congress. She was replaced in the conference by a woman who has a worse voting record. Elise Stefanik.

Stefanik used to be a conservative, but she drank the Trump Kool-Aid and has become a real twit.

Yes...aaaand?

None of these tax cuts were offset by spending reductions, all of them increased our deficits and debt.

Thats the problem with them, just like the problem with increased spending.

No shit, moron. Why TF do you think I'm against Rino's like Trump and the left. And dumbasses that claim we need to raise taxes.

Yes...aaaand?

None of these tax cuts were offset by spending reductions, all of them increased our deficits and debt.

Thats the problem with them, just like the problem with increased spending.
I'm in favor of raising taxes, across the board, until we're actually paying for the government we're getting. Nothing would inspire enthusiasm for small government more effectively.

And Pelosi's. Remember, Trump only vetoed one spending bill. He gave Pelosi every dime she wanted.
The MAGA herd has a very selective memory.

They whined from Day One of Obama's administration about all the spending. They whined for years AFTER Obama about Obama's debt. They attributed every penny of the debt to Obama personally.

Then Trump comes along and matches Obama's debt in HALF the time, and they go dead silent.

Absolutely dead silent. Even more schizo, they still whine about Obama's spending!

Like I said, they only care about what their cult leader says, not what he does.

These deluded, gaslighted, willfully blind morons actually bleev to this day the GOP is the party of fiscal conservatism.

There simply is no party of fiscal conservatism in America.

There hasn't been in decades.

Eventually, when by some miracle, reality penetrates the mind of a MAGA cultist, they then shrug and admit they don't care.

They don't care about Trump's massive overspending.

They don't care about Trump's prolific adultery through three marriages.

They don't care Trump grabs pussies.

They don't care Trump raped a woman.

They don't care Trump lied on his insurance and tax forms, claiming his 11,000 square foot apartment is 30,000 square feet.

They don't care Trump stole from cancer kids.

They don't care Trump ran a fraudulent university which stole from the elderly.

They don't care both of Trump's foundations and organizations were shut down for fraud.

They don't care Trump attempted a coup and for the first time in the history of our republic we did not have a peaceful transition of power.

They don't care he received MILLIONS from the CCP's bank while he was president.

So what exactly makes these idiots bleev they are conservatives?!?!?

Last edited:
No shit, moron. Why TF do you think I'm against Rino's like Trump and the left. And dumbasses that claim we need to raise taxes.

Just a few posts ago you asked for an explanation of the relationship between taxes and deficits.

And now that I've spent some time to explain it... you blow your gasket, curse me out and show once again that you didn't really understand it.

Tell me - are you an angry drunk?

Just a few posts ago you asked for an explanation of the relationship between taxes and deficits.

And now that I've spent some time to explain it... you blow your gasket, curse me out and show once again that you didn't really understand it.

Tell me - are you an angry drunk?

You support raising taxes...... What did you think I was going to say?

You support raising taxes...... What did you think I was going to say?

First and foremost I support sound understanding of economics behind policies like tax-cuts or tax-raises.

If you don't understand that like spending, taxes are a part of the budgetary equation, then you simply don't understand economics.

Republicans passed yet another round of tax-cuts without any spending offsets as soon as they got the power in 2017 and as a result we have more deficits today. You can support or not support that policy, but saying that it somehow DIDN'T contribute to our fiscal problems is just nonsense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back