The U.S. Has No Conservative Party | Opinion

And the question that remains is how to change the minds of 51% of the voting public to start voting for only fiscal conservatives.
Solve that problem and you could single handedly save the country.
That would be wonderful...Problem is that Politicians are adept at telling the voting populace what they want to hear during campaigns, then once in office they do what they want....Maybe it's time to demand that the 17th Amendment be looked at, and Senators be put in by their state legislators again...At least then they would be accountable to their state....

First and foremost I support sound understanding of economics behind policies like tax-cuts or tax-raises.

If you don't understand that like spending, taxes are a part of the budgetary equation, then you simply don't understand economics.

Republicans passed yet another round of tax-cuts without any spending offsets as soon as they got the power in 2017 and as a result we have more deficits today. You can support or not support that policy, but saying that it somehow DIDN'T contribute to our fiscal problems is just nonsense.
It's time for a balanced budget amendment.

That would be wonderful...Problem is that Politicians are adept at telling the voting populace what they want to hear during campaigns, then once in office they do what they want....Maybe it's time to demand that the 17th Amendment be looked at, and Senators be put in by their state legislators again...At least then they would be accountable to their state....

Somehow I think it would be easier to get 51% of the voting public to only support fiscal conservatives. Because we know that the elected officials aren't going to change anything.

I'm registered as a libertarian. I'm not a conservative for the very same reason the OP pointed out.

The current republican conservative party is anything but.

Trump with his liberal spending, his other policies are more to the left than the right. He is not a conservative never was. I’d vote for a real conservative but they have all left the GOP which is now a party without direction.

I'm registered as a libertarian. I'm not a conservative for the very same reason the OP pointed out.

The current republican conservative party is anything but.

You're not a conservative? Or you're not a Republican? There's a huge difference.

I'm a libertarian, because the current republicans aren't conservative.

OK, I thought that's what you meant.

BTW, is the Mises Caucus making any headway with getting rid of all those liberals that infested it a few years ago?

It was simple when I was younger. The Conservatives were the Grand Old Party, and the Liberals were the Democratic Party. Walter Cronkite gave us the news, and that was the way it was.

I'm no Luddite (as far as I know) but I've noticed that the original two have been carved into many factions.
GOP: Conservatives, MAGAs, and RINOs.
DEM: Liberals, and good fun loving dirty Hippies.

Trump with his liberal spending, his other policies are more to the left than the right. He is not a conservative never was. I’d vote for a real conservative but they have all left the GOP which is now a party without direction.

I'm a libertarian, because the current republicans aren't conservative.

Traditional conservatism doesn’t sell in America and it‘s all the fault of traditional conservatives as the pussies never conserved or preserved a damn thing.
I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of fucked in the head leftists. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC rule book.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile. “Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Conservatives!

YoursTruly
Tumblin Tumbleweed

Traditional conservatism doesn’t sell in America and it‘s all the fault of traditional conservatives as the pussies never conserved or preserved a damn thing.

RINO's took over the conservatives. Like the radical progressives took over the liberals.
I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of fucked in the head leftists. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC rule book.

Again, you're confusing conservatives with RINO's.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile. “Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Conservatives!

YoursTruly
Tumblin Tumbleweed

Now look here. There's only a hand full of actual conservatives in DC. The GOP is still running on the false narrative that all republicans are conservative. It's a fargin lie. It couldn't be further from the truth.
And until the GOP voters understand this, us actual conservatives are going to be thrown under the bus and silenced by the RINO's, the RNC and the media.
RINO's make up at least 90% of the GOP now. And it pisses us conservatives off to no end, that we don't have a voice on this issue. We're screaming at the top of our lungs to get the record straight on what conservatism really is and who are the actual conservatives.
But when the media and the politicians are constantly calling people like Trump, McCarthy, McConnell and Johnson conservatives, How TF is anyone going to know what a true conservative really is?

It was simple when I was younger. The Conservatives were the Grand Old Party, and the Liberals were the Democratic Party. Walter Cronkite gave us the news, and that was the way it was.

I'm no Luddite (as far as I know) but I've noticed that the original two have been carved into many factions.
GOP: Conservatives, MAGAs, and RINOs.
DEM: Liberals, and good fun loving dirty Hippies.

In 2007 I was 100% behind the Tea Party that sprang up, in support of Ron Paul. But it wasn't just about him. It was mainly about getting rid of people like GW Bush, McCain and all those big spending, big government republicans. We supported small, limited government. We supported term limits & balanced budgets. We were sick of republicans campaigning on those issues but not following through, once elected.
But by the end of 2008, the neocons and the RINO's had infiltrated the tea party and turned it into just another part of the GOP that us original members opposed. It turned into the "anybody but Obama" party.
To us, that was simply retarded. We didn't want Obama. But we didn't want some RINO like McCain or Romney either.

A note to add to my above comment, WTF do you have against me calling out RINO's? It seems to upset you that I'm more concerned with the GOP bringing some much needed opposition to the left, instead of bashing the left.

We all know the left is bad for this country. But how TF can any republican point the finger at the left when our own damn party is guilty of 95% of the same thing.

I'm all for keeping my own house clean before bashing others about the mess in theirs.
No, it is NOT about opposition as the Left is the clear enemy. The idea is to utterly DESTROY the Left, period! Compromise=surrender, and that's what I, as a Conservative, will not do.

No, it is NOT about opposition as the Left is the clear enemy. The idea is to utterly DESTROY the Left, period! Compromise=surrender, and that's what I, as a Conservative, will not do.

Trumps record is nothing more than caving to the left. He caved to them constantly. Pelosi chewed him up and spit him out.

When it comes to taking down the left, Trump simply doesn't know how to win. And his RINOs in the House and Senate don't either.

Need some proof? How about this. When the LP started gaining ground. What did the R & D's do? They joined forces and help keep the LP from gaining anymore traction. They defended each other by taking on their competition. If the GOP wanted to destroy the left, they would've helped the LP do just that.

Trumps record is nothing more than caving to the left. He caved to them constantly. Pelosi chewed him up and spit him out.

When it comes to taking down the left, Trump simply doesn't know how to win. And his RINOs in the House and Senate don't either.

Need some proof? How about this. When the LP started gaining ground. What did the R & D's do? They joined forces and help keep the LP from gaining anymore traction. They defended each other by taking on their competition. If the GOP wanted to destroy the left, they would've helped the LP do just that.
Looks like my Reynolds Aluminum stock just went up after that pantload.

Forum List

Back