🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Upside of the Theocratic Hobby Lobby Ruling.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

And that may well wake up folks in the mid terms.

Amen! This could backfire on Hobby Lobby in a big way - especially with women.

A consequence of their actions. I think HL is primarily motivated by faith, but that has consequences.
Having faith has had consequences all through history. Given the fact that the secular left won't be cutting off the heads of the faithful, I don't think they are particularly worried about anti-First Amendment followers trying to silence their beliefs.

1. It is not at all "narrow". It puts a religious litmus on health care.
2. It places the religious belief on the employer above the employee.

It's pretty rotten.

And bodes badly for the secular tradition of this country.

1. How so? It only applies to "closely held companies".
2. It only expanded the who can get an exemption that already existed. It didn't create a new exemption.

It bodes well for the Freedom of Religion of this Country.

Again, it affects alot of employees. And that exemption applied to actual religious organizations, not for profits.

Freedom of Religion was meant for people. Not corporations.

And freedom of religion stops when it takes someone else's rights away.
No one has lost their rights. If anything, long held and cherished First Amendment rights were upheld in his ruling.

The LAW said that women had a right to health care.

The SUPREME COURT said that CORPORATIONS have a RIGHT to restrict WOMEN'S HEALTHCARE based on their own RELIGIOUS opinions.

By the way? It doesn't stop there according to this ruling..because it is NOT narrow.

There is NO PROTECTION against these corporations extending this into other things they do not want to do, based on their religion. That, effectively, rolls back civil rights.

Do you not get that?

You are misstating what the SCotUS ruled.

They ruled that you can not force a certain type of company to pay for certain things if the owners of the company have a religious objection.

Perhaps you should rely more on what was actually ruled instead of what MSNBC is saying.

The women still have the right to go get those drugs and treatments if they want. They simply can not demand that their employers pay for them.

I'm not "misstating" anything.

There are no provisions to protect an employee from an employer denying other types of health care.

Actually there are no provisions protecting an employee from anything in concerns to the religious objections of an employer.

This was a very bad and very short sighted decision.

And will lead to a whole plethora of legal cases that are "perhaps" unintended consequences.

Did you actually read the ruling or are you simply parroting MSNBC? It was a very limited ruling if you would actually read it.

It even gave the Government an out.. Supply those drugs and services through other means than requiring the employer to supply them.

what garbage you people hate democracy if it doesn't go your way

sour grapes isn't the word for you haters

Keep saying what?

That people's rights are being taken away?

Because they are.

The Supreme Court just ascribed religious "liberty" to corporate entities.

Most religious folks use that liberty as a means to deny or discriminate against those that do not belong to their religion. And that's all religions.

That has effectively taken away government protections from about half of employed Americans.

This could wind up rolling back civil rights.

You keep saying that women lost their rights.. Just how did they do that?

How are women prevented from getting the services or drugs that Hobby Lobby doesn't want to pay for? Aren't they free to pay for those services or drugs themselves?

The SUPREME COURT said that CORPORATIONS have a RIGHT to restrict WOMEN'S HEALTHCARE based on their own RELIGIOUS opinions.

By the way? It doesn't stop there according to this ruling..because it is NOT narrow.

There is NO PROTECTION against these corporations extending this into other things they do not want to do, based on their religion. That, effectively, rolls back civil rights.

Do you not get that?
You are completely lost, aren't you?

I have the right to own firearms as well. However, I do not have the right to have government, or an employer, provide Me with that firearm.

No, you're lying, as you pretty much always do.

The court ruled that a closely held company cannot be FORCED to pay for things that violate their religious or ethical beliefs.

This is part of the first amendment.

YOU don't grasp this, because you have no integrity or ethical foundation, you are a sociopath who serves only party.

But the Court simply upheld the Constitution, which your party is fighting to end.

Really?

Funny, Justice Kennedy said the opposite - but since you're a pathological liar, I guess we should believe you instead...

{Ginsburg’s opinion, some legal experts say, may turn out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. By stating that the opinion is much broader than the majority claims it to be, she may be providing lower-court judges with a stronger foundation to provide more religious exemptions in the future.

“If the dissenters had simply taken Kennedy at his word in his concurrence, and simply agreed it was narrow, the lower court judges would have had to work very hard to say this applies broadly,” said Eric Segall, a professor at Georgia State University College of Law. “Now they can just cite Ginsburg, and say she thought it applied broadly.”}

The democratic party propaganda corpse.

Why Ginsburg's Hobby Lobby dissent might backfire | MSNBC

Ah, the Ginsburg lie.

{That’s not to say justices should lie about their views for strategic reasons.

“They should never lie,” said Segall. “Opinions can be read in many different ways, Ginsburg had a choice, she could have read it broadly or read it narrowly, and she could have done either one without lying.”}

Why Ginsburg's Hobby Lobby dissent might backfire | MSNBC

Do you not get that?

I get that you are a sociopath who is unconstrained by any sense of honor or ethics.

It brought all of the people that hate freedom out of the shadows.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

Yes, yes, you nailed it. The Tea Party planted chips in the brains of five justices. It's a vast right wing conspiracy. You're gonna be forced to attend a Pentecostal church and speak in tongues. Then your children will be taken from you and forced to attend Christian school and read only the bible and learn how to shoot. Yup.

Oh give me a break.

Thomas, Scalia and Alito are the three stooges of the court.

Roberts ALWAYS votes pro corporate.

And Kennedy mostly votes for conservative causes.

All were appointed by Republicans.

I'm not "misstating" anything.

Right, you're lying through your fucking teeth because you are pathalogical.

There are no provisions to protect an employee from an employer denying other types of health care.

Protect?

If the issue isn't covered and you don't like it, work elsewhere.

Actually there are no provisions protecting an employee from anything in concerns to the religious objections of an employer.

ROFL

You're an idiot.

To argue against providing services mandated by our rulers - I mean, McDonalds is in the business of providing health care, so it makes sense that they should be required by law to do so - it's not like they make hamburgers...

ANYWAY, to fight the mandate of our dictator will require solid legal standing, Few items would meet that test.

This was a very bad and very short sighted decision.

The 1st Amendment won, you lost. No doubt your war on civil rights will continue, though.

And will lead to a whole plethora of legal cases that are "perhaps" unintended consequences.

Sure, sparky.

Yes, yes, you nailed it. The Tea Party planted chips in the brains of five justices. It's a vast right wing conspiracy. You're gonna be forced to attend a Pentecostal church and speak in tongues. Then your children will be taken from you and forced to attend Christian school and read only the bible and learn how to shoot. Yup.

Oh give me a break.

Thomas, Scalia and Alito are the three stooges of the court.

Roberts ALWAYS votes pro corporate.

And Kennedy mostly votes for conservative causes.

All were appointed by Republicans.

Awww, that's too bad. Some you win. Some you lose. God Bless America.

53% of Americans disagree with the ruling. I hope that will be enough for the mid terms. Maybe more and more people will come to support it.

It brought all of the people that hate freedom out of the shadows.

Yes.

Christians expressed their religious "freedom" over the Jews many times, most notably during the Spanish Inquisition and the Holocaust.

To that sort of "freedom"?

I say, never again.

53% of Americans disagree with the ruling. I hope that will be enough for the mid terms. Maybe more and more people will come to support it.

I think as people get what this REALLY means..it will snowball.

I think as people get what this REALLY means..it will snowball.

Do you think the religious rights claus should be removed from the Constitution?

Given your track record, I think we can safely realize that your little made up or cherry picked stat does not reflect reality.

Has Sal Pal finally gone off the deep end? :dunno:

He see's Boogie Jesus everywhere.

That would be called the Tea Party.

From It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis: "But he saw too that in America the struggle was befogged by the fact that the worst Fascists were they who disowned the word 'Fascism' and preached enslavement to Capitalism under the style of Constitutional and Traditional Native American Liberty."

Has Sal Pal finally gone off the deep end? :dunno:

He see's Boogie Jesus everywhere.

That would be called the Tea Party.

From It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis: "But he saw too that in America the struggle was befogged by the fact that the worst Fascists were they who disowned the word 'Fascism' and preached enslavement to Capitalism under the style of Constitutional and Traditional Native American Liberty."

(smile)Your Boi in the WH is the King of Facists...

Keep saying what?

That people's rights are being taken away?

Because they are.

The Supreme Court just ascribed religious "liberty" to corporate entities.

Most religious folks use that liberty as a means to deny or discriminate against those that do not belong to their religion. And that's all religions.

That has effectively taken away government protections from about half of employed Americans.

This could wind up rolling back civil rights.

You keep saying that women lost their rights.. Just how did they do that?

How are women prevented from getting the services or drugs that Hobby Lobby doesn't want to pay for? Aren't they free to pay for those services or drugs themselves?

Do you not get that?

That's not at all what the SCOTUS said. The ruling means that privately held corporations do not have to PAY for healthcare services that violate the owners' religious beliefs. Said corporations cannot prevent women from getting those services with other means.

Also, the actual language of the ACA didn't specify the specifics for birth control. The HHS made up all the nonsensical details on its own.

Get A Frelling Grip.

LOL, anybody who thinks Contraception will swing an election.....

Oh, I hope the Progs run many ads featuring Poor Poor Pitiful Sandra Fluke as their poster child for Free Contraceptives...that'll get out the conservative base, fo shizzle.

Forum List

Back