🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Upside of the Theocratic Hobby Lobby Ruling.

The riuling applies to only four types of "birth control"; if one believes life begins at implantation of the zygote, use of these drugs would be a violation of their beliefs(.)

I believed in the spring of 03 that the Iraq invasion was political move by BushII as much as any sincere belief that nation building would make the world safer, which imo could only have been a sincere, but mistaken belief, if Karl Rove and BushII were the most naïve pols to hit the WH since Jimmy Carter, which they were not. I thought and think Iraq was plain out murder for power, at best justified by self-deception. I'm a card carrying Christian who worked for 8 years serving the less fortunate and disabled.

Where'd I get the right to opt out of murdering? To be honest, I thought it was just my civic duty to suck it up and pay my taxes, because my freedom to exercise my religious beliefs does not extend to having laws I find sinful not apply to me. But apparently, if I never serve the poor, but instead found a closed corporation that resells shite made by criminal slave laborers in china, I have more religious freedoms that other citizens.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

And that may well wake up folks in the mid terms.

Why are you misstating the truth?

The fact is, nothing was taken way from a woman's right to choose.

The ruling is that someone can't be forced to pay for something they have religious objections to.

A woman who has no objection to any procedure can still get it. She just can't force someone else to pay for it.

This will transcend that, since it ascribes religious "rights" to corporate entities.

Although the Conservative judges are saying the decision is very narrow?

It's not.

There are no boundaries as to what a "corporate entity" can "feel" extreme about and no remedies to employees affected by these extreme corporate religious "feelings".

It's a big win for the Theocratic GOP.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

The ruling is that someone can't be forced to pay for something they have religious objections to.

A woman who has no objection to any procedure can still get it. She just can't force someone else to pay for it.

This will transcend that, since it ascribes religious "rights" to corporate entities.

It's not.

There are no boundaries as to what a "corporate entity" can "feel" extreme about and no remedies to employees affected by these extreme corporate religious "feelings".

More racist far left Obama drone propaganda!

It is lie promoted by the far left religious leaders and their followers eat it up without question or hesitation.

To the Progs, it's Theorcratic to enforce the Religious Freedom Restoration Act that Bill Clinton signed into law.

Go figure.

Prediction:

1) Some liberal group encourages like-minded consumers to boycott Hobby Lobby.

2) Conservatives scream "attack on the 1st Amendment and freedom of religion".

3) I point out that the 1st Amendment does not protect you from the free speech and expression of those who don't agree with you-- public backlash.

Down the road...

4) Conservative Groups boycott a business that carries or promotes Plan-B, perhaps demand that Government regulate that business, stop them from selling legal goods that consumers want to buy.

This racist far left Obama drone has always been over end when they decided to follow the far left religion.

When did Stupid become a race?

Stupid. :lol:

So at least you admit you are stupid!

However it goes to show that you are still a racist far left Obama drone only armed with propaganda from you far left religious leaders.

The stupid and hypocritical part is you follow with out question or hesitation and try and bash others that do not follow your religion.

It's not.

It is obvious that you failed to understand the limitations of the ruling . It only applies to "Closely Held Corporations".

What Is a Closely Held Corporation?
Definition:
A closely held corporation is a corporation in which more than half of the shares are held by fewer than 5 individuals. Closely held corporations are private companies, and are not publicly held. In a closely held corporation, if one of the shareholders wants to sell some or all of his/her shares, the sale must take place with one of the other existing shareholders, since no sale of shares can take place.

This racist far left Obama drone has always been over end when they decided to follow the far left religion.

When did Stupid become a race?

Stupid. :lol:

So at least you admit you are stupid!

However it goes to show that you are still a racist far left Obama drone only armed with propaganda from you far left religious leaders.

The stupid and hypocritical part is you follow with out question or hesitation and try and bash others that do not follow your religion.

You have trouble with English?

Stupid?

1. The decision is narrow;
2. Those who believe life begins when the egg & sperm unite have the right to so believe;
3. The phrase "racist far left Obama drone" appears in every post by one poster, why?

It's not.

It is obvious that you failed to understand the limitations of the ruling . It only applies to "Closely Held Corporations".

What Is a Closely Held Corporation?
Definition:
A closely held corporation is a corporation in which more than half of the shares are held by fewer than 5 individuals. Closely held corporations are private companies, and are not publicly held. In a closely held corporation, if one of the shareholders wants to sell some or all of his/her shares, the sale must take place with one of the other existing shareholders, since no sale of shares can take place.

I didn't fail at anything.

50% of American labor works at a "closely held corporation".

This is a very big deal.

Additionally? You didn't address any of the points I made.

Oh, wow! The inability to force someone else to pay for your contraceptives is a real bummer, and that ought to get all the deadbeats in your party agitated.

Next, those religious zealots will be passing laws saying you can't use your welfare card in strip joints. Those bastards.

Amen! This could backfire on Hobby Lobby in a big way - especially with women.

You do realize that nearly 80 companies that supported Hobby Lobby's lawsuit were owned by women, right?

You do realize that nearly 80 companies that supported Hobby Lobby's lawsuit were owned by women, right?

What kind of women? Religious right-wing lunatics?

Forum List

Back