🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Upside of the Theocratic Hobby Lobby Ruling.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

And that may well wake up folks in the mid terms.

53% of Americans disagree with the ruling. I hope that will be enough for the mid terms. Maybe more and more people will come to support it.

Bullshit.

When asked if they "support a ban on contraceptives" 53% said no. Since the question was dishonest, the result is meaningless. IF the question were posed honestly "Do you support civil rights for people who own companies," then the results would be valid.

1. The decision is narrow;
2. Those who believe life begins when the egg & sperm unite have the right to so believe;
3. The phrase "racist far left Obama drone" appears in every post by one poster, why?

1. It is not at all "narrow". It puts a religious litmus on health care.
2. It places the religious belief on the employer above the employee.

It's pretty rotten.

And bodes badly for the secular tradition of this country.

It is worth noting here that no woman has been, nor will be, denied access to any contraceptive drug or device of her choice as a result of this ruling, nor as the result of any action by Hobby Lobby. Now you may continue.

I think as people get what this REALLY means..it will snowball.

Do you think the religious rights claus should be removed from the Constitution?

Shallow is a Communist, he wants the first 10 Amendments removed.

Well no.

And basically I have to keep teaching you about the Constitution.

However, Unhinged, you are a bonafide dyed in the wool Confederate, and like to dress up like one in your free time.

Your confederate uniform is right next to the Nazi one.

Oh and, Happy Fourth of July. That's my nation's independence day.

I am sure you will be weeping.

2. Those who believe life begins when the egg & sperm unite have the right to so believe;
3. The phrase "racist far left Obama drone" appears in every post by one poster, why?

It's pretty rotten.

It is worth noting here that no woman has been, nor will be, denied access to any contraceptive drug or device of her choice as a result of this ruling, nor as the result of any action by Hobby Lobby. Now you may continue.

The decision JUST happened.

Gosh.

:doubt:

It's pretty rotten.

Now let's give Hobby Lobby due credit, at least they try to keep women from engaging in "recreational behavior." Mike Lee approves.

It makes it very plain what the Theocratic GOP/Tea Party have in store for this country. A country ruled by the Christian Bible.

And that may well wake up folks in the mid terms.

Why are you misstating the truth?

The fact is, nothing was taken way from a woman's right to choose.

The ruling is that someone can't be forced to pay for something they have religious objections to.

A woman who has no objection to any procedure can still get it. She just can't force someone else to pay for it.

This will transcend that, since it ascribes religious "rights" to corporate entities.

Although the Conservative judges are saying the decision is very narrow?

It's not.

There are no boundaries as to what a "corporate entity" can "feel" extreme about and no remedies to employees affected by these extreme corporate religious "feelings".

It's a big win for the Theocratic GOP.

It is another step to corporate personhood that only the Mitt Romney's of the world seem to favor. I think it's a political net win for the Democrats. That it has a religious aspect to it, 5 male justices being the majority, three female justices being the minority, etc...

It has the transcendent quality of being both a women's issue which would help a Clinton candidacy in the General Election along with the overt pro-religion/pro-fat cat quality. A net win probably.

I repped you candy. I think you're right, but I'm not happy with it. Miss, my state, will go gop in 16, but I think a Clinton or Warren win would better help the country. The sup ct's pro corporate as a human bent is dangerous. BushII ct appointments were radical.

Well, yes.

How could you teach about what you have never read and have zero knowledge of?

However, Unhinged, you are a bonafide dyed in the wool Confederate, and like to dress up like one in your free time.

Is that right, Comrade?

You have been hitting the Vodka and paint chips hard today, Comrade.

I thought you only celebrate May Day?

However, you still failed in your attempt to revoke the 1st Amendment. You'll continue your war on civil rights, but while 5 Justices remain who support the Constitution, you and your shameful party will continue to lose.

Now let's give Hobby Lobby due credit, at least they try to keep women from engaging in "recreational behavior." Mike Lee approves.

Let's give bendog credit, at least he shamelessly lies for his party!

The court ruled that Hobby Lobby cannot be forced to pay for abortificants - which makes your attempt to revoke the 1st Amendment a failure.

Liberty makes the baby Karl Marx cry, you must be so sad.

The ruling is that someone can't be forced to pay for something they have religious objections to.

A woman who has no objection to any procedure can still get it. She just can't force someone else to pay for it.

This will transcend that, since it ascribes religious "rights" to corporate entities.

It's not.

There are no boundaries as to what a "corporate entity" can "feel" extreme about and no remedies to employees affected by these extreme corporate religious "feelings".

It is another step to corporate personhood that only the Mitt Romney's of the world seem to favor. I think it's a political net win for the Democrats. That it has a religious aspect to it, 5 male justices being the majority, three female justices being the minority, etc...

It has the transcendent quality of being both a women's issue which would help a Clinton candidacy in the General Election along with the overt pro-religion/pro-fat cat quality. A net win probably.
Agreed.

Well, yes.

Is that right, Comrade?

However, you still failed in your attempt to revoke the 1st Amendment. You'll continue your war on civil rights, but while 5 Justices remain who support the Constitution, you and your shameful party will continue to lose.

The first applies to people not corporations.

Only a fascist nazi thinks corporations should have the same rights as citizens.

Herr Unhinged.

Hobby Lobby is run by 5 PEOPLE, comrade.

Only a fascist nazi thinks corporations should have the same rights as citizens.

Herr Unhinged.

So Comrade, when a person opens a company, they cede all civil rights, in your alleged mind?

Look, your shameful party holds that people are property of the state - thus that is what you believe. Since people belong to the state, then all must obey without question, I get it. Hobby Lobby disobeyed our Supreme Ruler, which makes your shameful party angry - thus it makes you angry. But the anger that your party, and thus you, have is the idea that anyone would think they can defy the party and the rulers the party has installed. So it makes no difference that HL is 5 people instead of one - the anger your party - thus you - have is that any would question or defy the orders of their masters in Washington.

No matter, the score is;

1st Amendment - 1
democrats - 0

It's pretty rotten.

Gosh.

I guess you have trouble thinking.

No women, as a result of the Hobby Lobby decision, will be denied contraception, even if they work for Hobby Lobby.

It's pretty rotten.

Clearly impossible, as HL benefits cover contraception. Guess you fell off the wrong truck.

It's not.

Damn, you are stupid.

This is not another step toward corporate person hood, it is an affirmation of the concept. If you had your way the government would be able to take the money out of your bank account simply because banks don't have a right to privacy. It would be able use your credit cards to pay its bills because credit card companies have no rights. It would be able to publish your medical records because hospitals have no rights. Nothing you do on a daily basis would be possible of corporations didn't have rights.

I know it is really hard for you, but you need to start thinking about what would happen if things actually worked the way you want them to.

I repped you candy. I think you're right, but I'm not happy with it. Miss, my state, will go gop in 16, but I think a Clinton or Warren win would better help the country. The sup ct's pro corporate as a human bent is dangerous. BushII ct appointments were radical.

What do you think she is right about? Every fucking thing she said was wrong.

It's pretty rotten.

Gosh.

Be sure to let us know when the first flood of women are prevented from buying contraceptives because Hobby Lobby won't buy them abortificants, especially as HL covers contraceptives.

Well, yes.

Is that right, Comrade?

Herr Unhinged.

Really?

You hate the idea that your bank has 4th Amendment rights? Do you know that, without those rights, the government could take every penny that bank has, including all the money in your account?

Feel stupid yet?

Forum List

Back