The US is Back

That is the message Biden is trying to sell the world. Only problem is, I doubt if the world is buying it.

The world no longer trusts the US. Biden may claim we are back at the International Table, but there is no assurance we will not elect another Republican. Over the past 20 years the US has swung wildly from right to left. We have started wars while ignoring the reservations of our allies, We have jeopardized NATO, UN, WHO. We have reneged on treaties and agreements
The US role as “Leader of the Free World“ is over

Correct, the world isn't buying it yet, and I can't blame them.

It's going to take two or three election cycles before they're convinced that we've recovered our senses. And I suspect 2022 won't help us.

If 2018, 2020 is any indication of how America feels about trump, 2022 will be a cakewalk.

If trump continues to control the Republican Party, the people of America will continue to vote against the Republican Party.

Yes in 2020 the Republican Party ran ads using the protests to scare people into voting republican and they did, except for the president.

In 2022 democrats will run ads with all that footage of the trump people attacking our capitol. If they are smart they will run the ads multiple times a day.

I hope they use a combination of those ads and ads telling people that the republicans blocked the bipartisan commission to investigate January 6 and the fact that if we want infrastructure and the filthy rich to finally start paying their fair share again, we have to get rid of republican politicians in our congress.

I could be wrong but I think republicans taking control of the congress isn't guaranteed.

If Trump had sulked off in defeat, we may have had a chance in regaining global prominence

But with Trump lurking in the shadows and maintaining control of the Republican Party.....I doubt the world trusts us

Global Prominence? Who is friendlier to China…. Biden or Trump?

OK
What has Biden done to favor China since he has been President?
For starters, he lifted the ban on Chinese made equipment for the energy sector. This run counters to supply chain security for our critical infrastructure.

China leads the world in R&D for the energy sector
Why should we cripple ourselves?
The world is beginning to pass us by, and we're letting it happen.
And that’s ok with Democrats. Appease the World and apologize for US. Myself? I celebrate America’s exceptionalism and actually remind the rest of the World that they OWE US a debt of gratitude.
That, my friend is our problem
We can’t just declare ourselves exceptional, we have to earn it.

Of late, our foreign policy has been anything but exceptional. The world looks at us like we are crazy. We are obsessed with conspiracy theories, our once stable transfer of power is a disaster, we don’t believe in COVID, Global Warming and act accordingly. We are increasingly Xenophobic and nationalistic.

That is not exceptional....that is crazy
:clap:

While we're calling ourselves "exceptional", patting ourselves on the back and trying to go back to the 50's, the world is moving on without us.

That is the message Biden is trying to sell the world. Only problem is, I doubt if the world is buying it.

The world no longer trusts the US. Biden may claim we are back at the International Table, but there is no assurance we will not elect another Republican. Over the past 20 years the US has swung wildly from right to left. We have started wars while ignoring the reservations of our allies, We have jeopardized NATO, UN, WHO. We have reneged on treaties and agreements

No one trusts bribe taking Biden? Oh stop it...

It's going to take two or three election cycles before they're convinced that we've recovered our senses. And I suspect 2022 won't help us.

If 2018, 2020 is any indication of how America feels about trump, 2022 will be a cakewalk.

If trump continues to control the Republican Party, the people of America will continue to vote against the Republican Party.

Yes in 2020 the Republican Party ran ads using the protests to scare people into voting republican and they did, except for the president.

In 2022 democrats will run ads with all that footage of the trump people attacking our capitol. If they are smart they will run the ads multiple times a day.

I hope they use a combination of those ads and ads telling people that the republicans blocked the bipartisan commission to investigate January 6 and the fact that if we want infrastructure and the filthy rich to finally start paying their fair share again, we have to get rid of republican politicians in our congress.

I could be wrong but I think republicans taking control of the congress isn't guaranteed.

If Trump had sulked off in defeat, we may have had a chance in regaining global prominence

But with Trump lurking in the shadows and maintaining control of the Republican Party.....I doubt the world trusts us

OK
For starters, he lifted the ban on Chinese made equipment for the energy sector. This run counters to supply chain security for our critical infrastructure.

And that’s ok with Democrats. Appease the World and apologize for US. Myself? I celebrate America’s exceptionalism and actually remind the rest of the World that they OWE US a debt of gratitude.

Of late, our foreign policy has been anything but exceptional. The world looks at us like we are crazy. We are obsessed with conspiracy theories, our once stable transfer of power is a disaster, we don’t believe in COVID, Global Warming and act accordingly. We are increasingly Xenophobic and nationalistic.

The World is in no position to Judge US. Over the the last 50 years, look how much the World has and continues to depend on US. The US has more than earned it, my friend.

OK

While we're calling ourselves "exceptional", patting ourselves on the back and trying to go back to the 50's, the world is moving on without us.

How so? I will say this, China and India are cruising along like the US Industrial base did., Back then, the US were not being held to global economic growth inhibitors like the Paris Accords.

OK

In the 1950s, we were the only game in town
Europe was a disaster
China was stuck in the middle ages
Japan and S Korea sold cheap junk

We are not the Big Dog anymore. Those countries have caught up with us. There are other options for countries looking to trade with. If we puff our chests and shout America First, they will use those other options

OK

The World is in no position to Judge US. Over the the last 50 years, look how much the World has and continues to depend on US. The US has more than earned it, my friend.
Guess what?
They don’t depend on us. The EU is as powerful as we are. China now can outproduce us.

Trump demeaning the rest of the world and telling them to love us or leave us did not enhance our global position.

If we want to compete with China, we need to partner with EU, Japan, S Korea. A return to isolationism does not help us

After 9-11, the world rallied in support of the US. Bush ruined that support with his unwarranted invasion of Iraq and mocking those nations that did not support it.

Obama and Hillary spent years patching up our international relations in the fabled “Apology Tour”. The US went temporarily crazy after 9-11 and we are not like that anymore.

Then came Trump. The world scratched its head when we elected a Reality TV Host/Snakeoil salesman
Trump destroyed decades old alliances and mocked our key allies.

I don’t think the world trusts us not to elect another Trump
You mean another REAL American who puts America first and fuck the rest of the world! Admit it commie. You want America brought down, Doncha, scumbag?

OK

Europe was a disaster

We are not the Big Dog anymore. Those countries have caught up with us. There are other options for countries looking to trade with. If we puff our chests and shout America First, they will use those other options
Then Let them! First move is to get the useless and worthless UN out of the US.

OK

Europe was a disaster

All the more reason we should not be held to some specious economic hindrance in the name of climate change.

In other words even the rest of the world knows he’s the Fraudlent-Elect.
Apparently these lefty idiots don’t think world leaders can figure out what a senile putz Biden is just by talking to him.
The other countries realize they can talk to Biden and he will listen

Wasn’t the case with Trump
Sure, those sycophants probably do realize they can talk about their child sex slave trafficking cartels with Joe, and he’ll listen and tell them his experience with them.

Surprisingly rightwinger had surpassed his usual low performance standards

The US has been very erratic at the top levels of policy making in washington

And we can blame it on the spoiled rotten baby boomer generation that has bern in charge during the past 20 years

And future generations are likely to be even worse because they share even fewer values with the WWII Greatest Generation than the Boomers do

I think America is becoming less exceptional with each new generation

The world is catching up to us and the washington establishment that you voted to support deserves a lot of blame for that

But as for where the world is headed you are 100% correct that I prefer the 1950’s over what we are headed for today

Yes we have better technology and some of it I would miss

But the decline in culture makes it a tough choice to make

After 9-11, the world rallied in support of the US. Bush ruined that support with his unwarranted invasion of Iraq and mocking those nations that did not support it.

Obama and Hillary spent years patching up our international relations in the fabled “Apology Tour”. The US went temporarily crazy after 9-11 and we are not like that anymore.

Then came Trump. The world scratched its head when we elected a Reality TV Host/Snakeoil salesman

You mean another REAL American who puts America first and fuck the rest of the world! Admit it commie. You want America brought down, Doncha, scumbag?

Thanks for proving my point....

That America First Bullshit may have worked in the 1920s
In the 2020s it isolates us from the rest of the world at puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

Thank GOD we have BIDEN trying to repair the damage you have done

Thanks for proving my point....

That America First Bullshit may have worked in the 1920s
In the 2020s it isolates us from the rest of the world at puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

Thank GOD we have BIDEN trying to repair the damage you have done
BiDumbfuck can die for all I care. America will be a better place without far Left kooks like him-and YOU

And we can blame it on the spoiled rotten baby boomer generation that has bern in charge during the past 20 years

Actually, we can put the blame on the shift to alt-right in the last 30 years. We are turning isolationist and turning over our foreign policy from respected professionals in the State Department to RW talk radio

In other words even the rest of the world knows he’s the Fraudlent-Elect.
Apparently these lefty idiots don’t think world leaders can figure out what a senile putz Biden is just by talking to him.
The other countries realize they can talk to Biden and he will listen

Wasn’t the case with Trump
Sure, those sycophants probably do realize they can talk about their child sex slave trafficking cartels with Joe, and he’ll listen and tell them his experience with them.
See what I am talking about?

These are the crazies who are terrifying the rest of the world

Actually, we can put the blame on the shift to alt-right in the last 30 years. We are turning isolationist and turning over our foreign policy from respected professionals in the State Department to RW talk radio
We need to be isolationist.

We are turning isolationist and turning over our foreign policy from respected professionals in the State Department
“We are turning isolationist “

That never happened

Washington exported private sector jobs to china and mexico

I wish we were less globalist

respected professionals in the State Department?

Thats a rare bird on the endangered species list

Forum List

Back