The US is Back

We are turning isolationist and turning over our foreign policy from respected professionals in the State Department
“We are turning isolationist “

That never happened

Washington exported private sector jobs to china and mexico

I wish we were less globalist

respected professionals in the State Department?

Thats a rare bird on the endangered species list
Yes
Respected professionals in the state department. Some of the best in the world

Trump destroyed it

That is the message Biden is trying to sell the world. Only problem is, I doubt if the world is buying it.

The world no longer trusts the US. Biden may claim we are back at the International Table, but there is no assurance we will not elect another Republican. Over the past 20 years the US has swung wildly from right to left. We have started wars while ignoring the reservations of our allies, We have jeopardized NATO, UN, WHO. We have reneged on treaties and agreements
The US role as “Leader of the Free World“ is over

Correct, the world isn't buying it yet, and I can't blame them.

It's going to take two or three election cycles before they're convinced that we've recovered our senses. And I suspect 2022 won't help us.

If 2018, 2020 is any indication of how America feels about trump, 2022 will be a cakewalk.

If trump continues to control the Republican Party, the people of America will continue to vote against the Republican Party.

Yes in 2020 the Republican Party ran ads using the protests to scare people into voting republican and they did, except for the president.

In 2022 democrats will run ads with all that footage of the trump people attacking our capitol. If they are smart they will run the ads multiple times a day.

I hope they use a combination of those ads and ads telling people that the republicans blocked the bipartisan commission to investigate January 6 and the fact that if we want infrastructure and the filthy rich to finally start paying their fair share again, we have to get rid of republican politicians in our congress.

I could be wrong but I think republicans taking control of the congress isn't guaranteed.

If Trump had sulked off in defeat, we may have had a chance in regaining global prominence

But with Trump lurking in the shadows and maintaining control of the Republican Party.....I doubt the world trusts us

Global Prominence? Who is friendlier to China…. Biden or Trump?

OK
What has Biden done to favor China since he has been President?
For starters, he lifted the ban on Chinese made equipment for the energy sector. This run counters to supply chain security for our critical infrastructure.

China leads the world in R&D for the energy sector
Why should we cripple ourselves?
The world is beginning to pass us by, and we're letting it happen.
And that’s ok with Democrats. Appease the World and apologize for US. Myself? I celebrate America’s exceptionalism and actually remind the rest of the World that they OWE US a debt of gratitude.
That, my friend is our problem
We can’t just declare ourselves exceptional, we have to earn it.

Of late, our foreign policy has been anything but exceptional. The world looks at us like we are crazy. We are obsessed with conspiracy theories, our once stable transfer of power is a disaster, we don’t believe in COVID, Global Warming and act accordingly. We are increasingly Xenophobic and nationalistic.

That is not exceptional....that is crazy

The World is in no position to Judge US. Over the the last 50 years, look how much the World has and continues to depend on US. The US has more than earned it, my friend.
Guess what?
They don’t depend on us. The EU is as powerful as we are. China now can outproduce us.

Trump demeaning the rest of the world and telling them to love us or leave us did not enhance our global position.

If we want to compete with China, we need to partner with EU, Japan, S Korea. A return to isolationism does not help us

Who has the world turned to for protection and correction over the last 50 years? China? Russia?

That is the message Biden is trying to sell the world. Only problem is, I doubt if the world is buying it.

The world no longer trusts the US. Biden may claim we are back at the International Table, but there is no assurance we will not elect another Republican. Over the past 20 years the US has swung wildly from right to left. We have started wars while ignoring the reservations of our allies, We have jeopardized NATO, UN, WHO. We have reneged on treaties and agreements

It's going to take two or three election cycles before they're convinced that we've recovered our senses. And I suspect 2022 won't help us.

If 2018, 2020 is any indication of how America feels about trump, 2022 will be a cakewalk.

If trump continues to control the Republican Party, the people of America will continue to vote against the Republican Party.

Yes in 2020 the Republican Party ran ads using the protests to scare people into voting republican and they did, except for the president.

In 2022 democrats will run ads with all that footage of the trump people attacking our capitol. If they are smart they will run the ads multiple times a day.

I hope they use a combination of those ads and ads telling people that the republicans blocked the bipartisan commission to investigate January 6 and the fact that if we want infrastructure and the filthy rich to finally start paying their fair share again, we have to get rid of republican politicians in our congress.

I could be wrong but I think republicans taking control of the congress isn't guaranteed.

If Trump had sulked off in defeat, we may have had a chance in regaining global prominence

But with Trump lurking in the shadows and maintaining control of the Republican Party.....I doubt the world trusts us

OK
For starters, he lifted the ban on Chinese made equipment for the energy sector. This run counters to supply chain security for our critical infrastructure.

And that’s ok with Democrats. Appease the World and apologize for US. Myself? I celebrate America’s exceptionalism and actually remind the rest of the World that they OWE US a debt of gratitude.

Of late, our foreign policy has been anything but exceptional. The world looks at us like we are crazy. We are obsessed with conspiracy theories, our once stable transfer of power is a disaster, we don’t believe in COVID, Global Warming and act accordingly. We are increasingly Xenophobic and nationalistic.

The World is in no position to Judge US. Over the the last 50 years, look how much the World has and continues to depend on US. The US has more than earned it, my friend.
Guess what?
They don’t depend on us. The EU is as powerful as we are. China now can outproduce us.

Trump demeaning the rest of the world and telling them to love us or leave us did not enhance our global position.

If we want to compete with China, we need to partner with EU, Japan, S Korea. A return to isolationism does not help us

Who has the world turned to for protection and correction over the last 50 years? China? Russia?
And what have we gotten in return?

We provide military protection to the world while they have modern infrastructure, low cost healthcare, low cost higher education

It comes down to priorities

OK

Guess what?

We provide military protection to the world while they have modern infrastructure, low cost healthcare, low cost higher education

The world owes us. Thank you.

I think America is becoming less exceptional with each new generation
It is not because of the next generation , As America has become more diverse America is becoming less and less exceptional.
Diversity is killing America

OK

Guess what?

Go back to the end of WW2 when we became the world's police

Diversity is killing America
I agree

Libs want America to be like the commercials that dominate TV

2 black faces, 1 or 2 asians, a hispanic, 1 mixed race family, 1 homosexual couple (practically the only place for a white male to be seen), more blacks, more white women (appeal to men 15-75), another hispanic, a hindu, a buddhist, more gays, a white porch pirate, and some puppy dogs

This is what we are dealing with

One senior European official described his horror at the Jan. 6 assault by pro-Trump rioters on the U.S. Capitol — and said he had an even worse feeling reading opinion polls since then showing that a substantial portion of Republican voters believe Biden is an illegitimate president, a baseless claim perpetuated by Trump.

“Your democracy is in serious trouble,” the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to talk frankly about an ally.

Yeah... :D
We recovered our senses from electing a ego maniac reality TV star to electing a 78 year old man who is clearly suffering from senility - at least.

You guys are just hilarious.

Biden, by contrast, was greeted with delight by leaders at the Group of Seven gathering of the world’s wealthy market democracies, who are relieved that Trump’s tantrums will be replaced by Biden’s backslapping.

Speaking from a beach in Cornwall, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson called working with Biden “a breath of fresh air.”

Leaders have dark memories of past NATO summits, when Trump threatened to pull the United States out of the alliance — and once shoved the prime minister of Montenegro during a photo op. They remember the G-7 meetings where Trump repeatedly interrupted discussions to ask why they couldn’t invite Putin, a leader the rest of them viewed as an adversary but whom Trump saw as a friend

One senior European official described his horror at the Jan. 6 assault by pro-Trump rioters on the U.S. Capitol — and said he had an even worse feeling reading opinion polls since then showing that a substantial portion of Republican voters believe Biden is an illegitimate president, a baseless claim perpetuated by Trump.

“Your democracy is in serious trouble,” the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity to talk frankly about an ally.

That same Euro official probably got a grin on his face every time he saw a US city being burnt, looted, and innocents getting beaten because this was all a threat to American Capitalism. And that makes Euros happy.

Biden, by contrast, was greeted with delight by leaders at the Group of Seven gathering of the world’s wealthy market democracies, who are relieved that Trump’s tantrums will be replaced by Biden’s backslapping.

Speaking from a beach in Cornwall, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson called working with Biden “a breath of fresh air.”
They were laughing at the old fool.

LOL..The only US President world leaders ever laughed at was Trump. Trump was the world’s laughingstock. Remember this:

1623525386788.jpg

LOL..The only US President world leaders ever laughed at was Trump. Trump was the world’s laughingstock. Remember this:

View attachment 500515

Yeah, that was painful but not surprising.

That same Euro official probably got a grin on his face every time he saw a US city being burnt, looted, and innocents getting beaten because this was all a threat to American Capitalism. And that makes Euros happy.
Probably

It showed more instability in our Government and an inability to get over our racial past

They made a mockery of Trump at global leader meetings

Rightfully so

Forum List

Back