🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The US Sun: 4 people arrested for intentionally starting wild fires.

They even look like A-holes

They need some hard time. People have died haven't they? Almost makes one wonder why they would do so. Paid by some developer directly or in a round about way? I imagine it's cheaper to clear trees that aren't there than those that are, if, there was any such intention.

Some are blaming it on global warming for another cash grab, when it's clear as was to be expected, it was man man.

Some are completely mis-understanding what is being said. That would be you.

Global warming isn't causing the fires. Its contributing to the destruction. In some cases, the more violent thunderstorms are responsible as well. However, those that blame GW for the thunder/lightning storms seem to forget we had these storms for ever. Now, the dryness from perhaps the hottest years on record...that is global warming.

No, it isn't. These huge fires are the result of a century of forest mismanagement. Period.

The huge fires are raging in red states too--just not near population centers. Your blob never talks about that. Its not mis-management. It's fire season coupled with changing weather that's resulted in drier than normal conditions.

I have never claimed it is a red/blue state issue. It is simply a result of a policy to stop all fires no matter what. We figured out about 30 years ago that that is not good for the forests.

Add to that the fact that it is SUMMER, and yeah, it's hot and dry. Duh. It's NORMAL.

You haven't noticed an increase in the severity and regularity of natural disasters? I'm not surprised.

That's because there has been none. The forest fires are worse because instead of sagebrush at 4 feet high, it is now 30 feet high.

But there is no increase in frequency. In fact, compared to the 1950's the frequency is less.

Thomas Swetnam, professor emeritus at the University of Arizona who studies forest fires, tells Doyle Rice at USA Today that it’s not necessarily the case that more people are maliciously setting fires or that Smokey Bear has failed in his mission to educate the public. Instead, Swetnam says that climate change is the biggest driver of increased fires. An increase in drought, fuel buildup in unburned forests, earlier springs and higher temperatures are all contributing to more combustible forests. So the same actions that might have caused a small, easily extinguished fire decades ago are now creating dangerous infernos.

Did you notice that the "study" was run through a computer model? All you have to do is compare the numbers of fires from the 1940's (when accurate record keeping began) to the present day.

The only reason you run those numbers through a model is to CHANGE them.

In other words, to falsify the results. The actual raw data shows no increase in severity or occurrence.

I'm not sure any left or right wing extremist group is responsible. They aren't that smart to organize and set off fires. They groups only seem to know hand to hand combat and looting and setting fires inside cities. Setting fires out in the open would take to much brain power for narrow minded extremists.

Actually, they are. My friend who runs the DHS fusion center tells me they have lots of intel on the antifa/Black Bloc arson campaign.

That's not exactly a source you know. FBI and law enforcement have both said there is no such activity in association with these fires.

I'm not sure any left or right wing extremist group is responsible. They aren't that smart to organize and set off fires. They groups only seem to know hand to hand combat and looting and setting fires inside cities. Setting fires out in the open would take to much brain power for narrow minded extremists.
what's to organize? we have meth heads doing it. why would it be hard to fathom people with explosives and a 5+ month running history of tearing this up and burning things down won't go burn down trees and homes when they said that's what they are going to do?

Which of the arrested people are you talking about?

Actually, they are. My friend who runs the DHS fusion center tells me they have lots of intel on the antifa/Black Bloc arson campaign.

That's not exactly a source you know. FBI and law enforcement have both said there is no such activity in association with these fires.

Actually it is the most accurate source there is. His info has ALWAYS been spot on.

Just so you know the fusion center collects reports from ALL government sources, even foreign ones, to make their reports.

Actually it is the most accurate source there is. His info has ALWAYS been spot on.

It can't be verified. I could tell you I have a friend who says xyz and you have no way of verifying it.

It can't be verified. I could tell you I have a friend who says xyz and you have no way of verifying it.

It IS being verified. Within the next couple of weeks you are going to see some major arrests in association with the fires.

They need some hard time. People have died haven't they? Almost makes one wonder why they would do so. Paid by some developer directly or in a round about way? I imagine it's cheaper to clear trees that aren't there than those that are, if, there was any such intention.

Some are blaming it on global warming for another cash grab, when it's clear as was to be expected, it was man man.

Global warming isn't causing the fires. Its contributing to the destruction. In some cases, the more violent thunderstorms are responsible as well. However, those that blame GW for the thunder/lightning storms seem to forget we had these storms for ever. Now, the dryness from perhaps the hottest years on record...that is global warming.

No, it isn't. These huge fires are the result of a century of forest mismanagement. Period.

The huge fires are raging in red states too--just not near population centers. Your blob never talks about that. Its not mis-management. It's fire season coupled with changing weather that's resulted in drier than normal conditions.

I have never claimed it is a red/blue state issue. It is simply a result of a policy to stop all fires no matter what. We figured out about 30 years ago that that is not good for the forests.

Add to that the fact that it is SUMMER, and yeah, it's hot and dry. Duh. It's NORMAL.

You haven't noticed an increase in the severity and regularity of natural disasters? I'm not surprised.

That's because there has been none. The forest fires are worse because instead of sagebrush at 4 feet high, it is now 30 feet high.

But there is no increase in frequency. In fact, compared to the 1950's the frequency is less.

Thomas Swetnam, professor emeritus at the University of Arizona who studies forest fires, tells Doyle Rice at USA Today that it’s not necessarily the case that more people are maliciously setting fires or that Smokey Bear has failed in his mission to educate the public. Instead, Swetnam says that climate change is the biggest driver of increased fires. An increase in drought, fuel buildup in unburned forests, earlier springs and higher temperatures are all contributing to more combustible forests. So the same actions that might have caused a small, easily extinguished fire decades ago are now creating dangerous infernos.

Did you notice that the "study" was run through a computer model? All you have to do is compare the numbers of fires from the 1940's (when accurate record keeping began) to the present day.

In other words, to falsify the results. The actual raw data shows no increase in severity or occurrence.

Actually the data shows an increase in intensity if you measure it by average burned around 2000 where for several years you are seeing hugely increased numbers.

It IS being verified. Within the next couple of weeks you are going to see some major arrests in association with the fires.

We will see but I'm not holding my breath.

hmm...here is another one recently arrested: Man arrested after admitting he used Molotov cocktail to start brush fire in Portland
Not responsible for any of the large fires that they know of... but definitely a firebug. Being held for mental health eval. Probably explains a lot right there.

A couple more reported arrests...but apparently not related to the big fires.

Piatt is homeless confessed to lighting clothes on fire “get the attention of a person who wouldn’t speak with him.” They found a baggie of methamphetamine on him. He looks like a methhead.

Can't find any political activities these guys.

Here's another: Anita Esquivel Accused of Starting California Arson Fires Along Highway 101 in Salinas

Here's another: Jeff Acord, Black Lives Matter Supporter, Streamed His Arrest While Filming Washington Fire, who's fb posts support BLM, no Antifa links.
Its interesting that these arsonists aren't proud boys or boogaloos, or any of the other, mostly fictitious boogeymen that the libs are always demonizing. Instead, they are just garden variety libs and Biden supporters.

Prove it.
good lord. just go read the names of those arrested and look at their political activity in the last 6 months.

Ok. Show us. Links please.

In fact, I'll make it easy for you. Here's the first one.

michael-bakkela

Methhead, transient, criminal.

Tell me about his political ties.
let's be clear first...

you are no longer claiming global warming as an issue? I don't want to Chase around your side shows as we pin this down.

and 2 were attending BLM rallies as well for quite some time.

unchecked violence creates more violence.

Let's be clear and quit diverting and deflecting. Tell me about this guy's political ties.
clear is what i am trying to be. your refusal to answer is something common associated with diverting and deflecting.

to date, i have seen you argue the fires were caused by global warming.
then bad gender reveal parties
now someone who's pictured at BLM protests... even someone in portland is now on record as being a "firebug" - yet you seem to feel it's out of line suspecting BLM/Antifa in this.

i simply wish to be clear - do you at least agree people are starting a vast majority of these fires? i simply do not want you to jump around as you common do when trying to ensure clairty.

You don't simply wish to hear. If you want to be clear, read what I wrote instead of trolling which is what you are doing. If you really want to discuss something, you would attempt to substantiate your claim rather than deflect to other parts of the discussion.

Climate change plays a role in the intensity of the fires as does forest management, and the spread of human habitation into previously uninhabited areas which plays a role in the total damage costs of the fires. Unintentional human activity is responsible for most of the fires, but of that only a small portion is actually arson. That is per the articles I linked to.

If you are going to simply troll, I'll go back to ignoring you.
trying to get you to commit to 1 particular discussion is far from trolling you. i simply know from past discussions when i get specific, you get pissed and bitch me out and let the world know you need to ignore me.

again.

i would be more than happy to substantiate my claim - IF - i ever said they were connected to BLM or Antifa.

of which i had not yet said. you just tend to assume i'm always on the other side and make up my arguments for me. when i want to get specific, you get pissed, prance around like this and then put it all on me simply because you can't sit your ass down and have ONE fucking discussion.

now - go tell me where i ever said antifa or BLM have been verified to be starting these fires. can't do it, can you? in fact, i was discussing this earlier telling someone the articles they referenced DID NOT SAY THIS.

but if YOU would read what i am saying vs. assuming i'm just trolling you, you'd know this shit.

Actually the data shows an increase in intensity if you measure it by average burned around 2000 where for several years you are seeing hugely increased numbers.

Only if you run it through a model. Models will give you whatever results you want. They are FICTION. You use real data to see if the model you developed is close to valid. You don't take raw data and run that through a model....unless you want to change reality.

More conspiracy theories. Wow...you guys are so paranoid.

My campfire was in a very safe location where it was highly unlikely to spread out of control. Cops still showed up.
Paid by some developer directly or in a round about way? I imagine it's cheaper to clear trees that aren't there than those that are, if, there was any such intention.
What a load of liberal ass-hattery! Large numbers of people are homeless in California, and you're blaming developers and homebuilders for that!

At some point, people need to realize, so much deadwood builds up in the forest, it's going to catch fire from lightning or other natural causes, if people aren't starting campfires or logging and building homes with the lumber.

hmm...here is another one recently arrested: Man arrested after admitting he used Molotov cocktail to start brush fire in Portland
Not responsible for any of the large fires that they know of... but definitely a firebug. Being held for mental health eval. Probably explains a lot right there.

Piatt is homeless confessed to lighting clothes on fire “get the attention of a person who wouldn’t speak with him.” They found a baggie of methamphetamine on him. He looks like a methhead.

Here's another: Anita Esquivel Accused of Starting California Arson Fires Along Highway 101 in Salinas

Here's another: Jeff Acord, Black Lives Matter Supporter, Streamed His Arrest While Filming Washington Fire, who's fb posts support BLM, no Antifa links.
Its interesting that these arsonists aren't proud boys or boogaloos, or any of the other, mostly fictitious boogeymen that the libs are always demonizing. Instead, they are just garden variety libs and Biden supporters.

Prove it.
good lord. just go read the names of those arrested and look at their political activity in the last 6 months.

michael-bakkela

let's be clear first...

you are no longer claiming global warming as an issue? I don't want to Chase around your side shows as we pin this down.

Let's be clear and quit diverting and deflecting. Tell me about this guy's political ties.
clear is what i am trying to be. your refusal to answer is something common associated with diverting and deflecting.

now someone who's pictured at BLM protests... even someone in portland is now on record as being a "firebug" - yet you seem to feel it's out of line suspecting BLM/Antifa in this.

i simply wish to be clear - do you at least agree people are starting a vast majority of these fires? i simply do not want you to jump around as you common do when trying to ensure clairty.

You don't simply wish to hear. If you want to be clear, read what I wrote instead of trolling which is what you are doing. If you really want to discuss something, you would attempt to substantiate your claim rather than deflect to other parts of the discussion.

Climate change plays a role in the intensity of the fires as does forest management, and the spread of human habitation into previously uninhabited areas which plays a role in the total damage costs of the fires. Unintentional human activity is responsible for most of the fires, but of that only a small portion is actually arson. That is per the articles I linked to.

trying to get you to commit to 1 particular discussion is far from trolling you. i simply know from past discussions when i get specific, you get pissed and bitch me out and let the world know you need to ignore me.

again.

i would be more than happy to substantiate my claim - IF - i ever said they were connected to BLM or Antifa.

Keep avoiding it.

Post #93, in response to a post about arsonists and fictional bogeymen: "good lord. just go read the names of those arrested and look at their political activity in the last 6 months."

I brought up the few who had been arrested for these fires. What was their political activity? Can't find any.

More conspiracy theories. Wow...you guys are so paranoid.

Only it's not a conspiracy theory. They have been caught doing it multiple times. You simply don't care because it goes against your religion. That's the problem with religion, it abhors real science.

In truth, it must be many more than 4 in my opinion.

Pantifa cowards must be having a great time. :mad-61:

The DemonRats along with theit brownshirts on the ground are going to burn down America if they are not stopped.
The Libs deny that Antifa has anything to do with the fires, but guess what???

Elsewhere, authorities arrested two individuals in connection with the fires in Washington. One of the suspects, Jeffrey Alan Acord, has been accused of setting a fire along Highway 167. He live-streamed himself on the scene of the fire and reported it to police, claiming that he “literally pulled over to call it in.”

“Other drivers, however, told police they watched the 36-year-old Puyallup man walk into a field carrying a lighter and cardboard,” KIRO 7 reported.

The outlet added that Acord is a “regular attendee at Seattle ‘defund police’ rallies.” He is also facing charges for allegedly breaking into a gas station.

Antifa isn't causing these fires. They are mostly caused by natural events and a few being investigated for arson.

oregon-officials-warn-untrue-antifa-rumors-waste-precious-resources-for-fires

FBI Special Agent In Charge Renn Cannon, who runs the Portland field office, said there's no basis for the conspiracy theories.

"FBI Portland and local law enforcement agencies have been receiving reports that extremists are responsible for setting wildfires in Oregon," Cannon said in a statement Friday. "With our state and local partners, the FBI has investigated several such reports and found them to be untrue. Conspiracy theories and misinformation take valuable resources away local fire and police agencies working around the clock to bring these fires under control."

Contrary to the rumors, some people who have participated in Portland's racial justice protests have brought supplies to firefighters and evacuees. A group called the Portland Witches, a fixture at the city's months-long protests, was in Clackamas County on Thursday dropping off two vans full of supplies. The group said it particularly wanted to help immigrant communities affected by the fires.

Actually most of the fires are caused by humans---------every year they are. This year there are more of them and we already know anti-fa has had arrests over them.

That's the problem with religion, it abhors real science.
People make logical inferences on false premises, and call it science.

That's true. Climatology is a shining example of that. That's the problem with inexact science, if there is no way to measure it, or falsify it, it truly isn't a science. It is a fairy tale.

Prove it.

michael-bakkela

let's be clear first...

again.

Keep avoiding it.

Post #93, in response to a post about arsonists and fictional bogeymen: "good lord. just go read the names of those arrested and look at their political activity in the last 6 months."

I brought up the few who had been arrested for these fires. What was their political activity? Can't find any.
just wonder why you refuse to answer a simple question.

whatever.

Why isn't this story being carried by other media? The Sun has a bad history of failed fact checks. And the right has a bad history of trying to blame the left for these fires.

Right wing American rags are promoting lies that the fires are being deliberately set. I personally would send all these Q-Anon and conspiracy theorists to prison for spreading false alarm.

You need better sources.

1600126267988.png

Forum List

Back