The Value of Free Speech

You have a strange view of civility, decency, and intelligence when you think it is okay to destroy somebody because YOU think they are stupid and racist. Do they have the right to destroy your reputation and livelihood with impunity because they think you are an insufferable, bigoted, judgmental, and dangerous idiot because you think it is okay to destroy people that you don't like?

Again who is to define what racism is to your standards? I think those who can't see how racist Affirmative Action is are far more dangerously racist than somebody who uses the "n" word. The person using politically incorrect language is not likely to harm anybody. Affirmative Action this day and age can and does. So am I okay in your eyes if I try to destroy your reputation and livelihood because you support Affirmative Action?

The worst evil of all forms of political correctness is that one group of people feels justified in ganging up on somebody just because they don't like an opinion that somebody expresses. In my view of what is civil, decent, and intelligent, that is not the best of America. It is evil.

Yes they have the right to destroy me if they can. Its protected under the 1rst amendment for them to speak out against me and call me names.

I define what racism means to me. Its pretty easy. "Does this person think his race is superior to mine?" If the answer is yes then they are a racist in my book. I disagree that AA is racist. It would have to mean that one race was superior over the other. Besides it helps white women more than anyone else. The person using politically incorrect language is showing their inability to be a leader to anyone except a racist person that enjoys that type of thing. If you felt you wanted to go there and try and destroy my reputation over AA you would be well within your rights. I dont think you would get much traction but you are free to give it a whirl.

Your last paragraph is hypocritical. Why do you feel its evil to gang up on a racist when they are espousing the same thing? Racism destroys the lives of those it is practiced against. You must have really enjoyed the fact that Blacks were enslaved then?

Racism destroys lives? When was the last time the KKK did any real damage? If you weren't a thin skinned child you would treat other racists exactly the way they deserve, you would ignore them.

Are you serious? KKK is guilty of killing a lot of my ancestors. I will always do my best to destroy that type of stupidity and hate.

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that you didn't nail it. :lol:

You wanted to punish an innocent man because you were unwilling to admit a simple truth about human nature.

I have your position down so well that I can put you into the same category as every other racist on the planet.

What innocent man?

Did you suddenly forget the guy that didn't write the comment, or do you think I did?

It seems you are another person that just assumes they know what I would do. You're wrong as 2 left shoes. I do have the right. Who's going to stop me from doing it? You seem to have me mixed up with someone that is thin skinned. I expect people like you to be racist so it doesn't get to me emotionally. I just enjoy when they bite the dust because of something stupid they said. If people stopped and realized that what they happened to think may cause someone else stress or discomfort they wouldnt have to tape themselves. Be polite. Ask permission to criticize. Be politically correct and you will get a lot more bi-partisan by in. You argue that you are frustrated. Change your approach. If you plan on waiting until the pendulum swings back remember it will always swing again to the other side and you will be back bitching and complaining. I gotta ask you this one question I always use when people whine about things. How is that working for you?

If you are actually thick skinned, why do you support destroying a person based on an internet hoax?

I dont. Where did you see me post that? Are you lying again? When you do that you admit you have nothing left. Just sayin.

You keep pretending I am stupid, I have a whole fucking thread where you condemned an innocent man based on your inability to admit the truth.

Maybe you can't read, people should never be punished for speech, especially when the person calling for that punishment is exactly the same as the person they want to punish.

Says who? I say they should be punished.

The argument has come full circle. You are repeating this sad tired song again. And in so doing have revealed your true opinion on the subject.

"People should be punished for speech, because I say so."

Please stop using your words and not mine. I said people should be punished for being stupid and racist in position of public service. I cant help it if you dont like it. You dont dictate what I think is right way to handle it. I do. Are you attempting suppressing my 1rst amendment right?

Yes they have the right to destroy me if they can. Its protected under the 1rst amendment for them to speak out against me and call me names.

I define what racism means to me. Its pretty easy. "Does this person think his race is superior to mine?" If the answer is yes then they are a racist in my book. I disagree that AA is racist. It would have to mean that one race was superior over the other. Besides it helps white women more than anyone else. The person using politically incorrect language is showing their inability to be a leader to anyone except a racist person that enjoys that type of thing. If you felt you wanted to go there and try and destroy my reputation over AA you would be well within your rights. I dont think you would get much traction but you are free to give it a whirl.

Your last paragraph is hypocritical. Why do you feel its evil to gang up on a racist when they are espousing the same thing? Racism destroys the lives of those it is practiced against. You must have really enjoyed the fact that Blacks were enslaved then?

Racism destroys lives? When was the last time the KKK did any real damage? If you weren't a thin skinned child you would treat other racists exactly the way they deserve, you would ignore them.

Are you serious? KKK is guilty of killing a lot of my ancestors. I will always do my best to destroy that type of stupidity and hate.

They are guilty of killing some of mine too, so the fuck what?

The question is, when was the last time they any real damage? They are still just as racist as they were, but they lack any power now because most people grew up.

Hit the nail on the head. In one thread he found someone guilty simply because a racial slur was written, even though it was clearly written by someone other than the white guy. His defense was that the comment was racist, thus the black girl was innocent. Now he is claiming that there is a difference between a black racist and a white one simply so that he doesn't have to call for the black racist to be punished for his racial remarks even though he claims that all racists should be punished.

I see you like taking liberty with the truth. I didnt find anyone guilty. I said he was the one that wrote it based on deduction. I also said we would have to wait and see. Why are you lying? Cant you advance your argument without resorting to lying?

Deduction?

You clamed an e that used 3 pen strokes was identical to one that used a single pen stroke. You then insisted that the only way the waitress could possibly have done it is if she planned to make money off it, and, since that was absurd, you concluded that he had to have done it. That isn't deduction, that is racism. You wouldn't know deduction if you were bitch slapped by Plato.

Where did you see that the experts determined it was 3 different pens? I concluded he did it because him doing it was the simplest explanation. Occam's Razor.

You wanted to punish an innocent man because you were unwilling to admit a simple truth about human nature.

I have your position down so well that I can put you into the same category as every other racist on the planet.

What innocent man?

Did you suddenly forget the guy that didn't write the comment, or do you think I did?

Is this Red Lobster guy proven to be innocent? Is that what you are talking about?

If you are actually thick skinned, why do you support destroying a person based on an internet hoax?

I dont. Where did you see me post that? Are you lying again? When you do that you admit you have nothing left. Just sayin.

You keep pretending I am stupid, I have a whole fucking thread where you condemned an innocent man based on your inability to admit the truth.

Then post it so we all can remember.

The question is, when was the last time they any real damage? They are still just as racist as they were, but they lack any power now because most people grew up.

So the fuck what? You dont care that their racism destroyed you ancestors lives? You are stupid then.

I see you like taking liberty with the truth. I didnt find anyone guilty. I said he was the one that wrote it based on deduction. I also said we would have to wait and see. Why are you lying? Cant you advance your argument without resorting to lying?

Deduction?

You clamed an e that used 3 pen strokes was identical to one that used a single pen stroke. You then insisted that the only way the waitress could possibly have done it is if she planned to make money off it, and, since that was absurd, you concluded that he had to have done it. That isn't deduction, that is racism. You wouldn't know deduction if you were bitch slapped by Plato.

Where did you see that the experts determined it was 3 different pens? I concluded he did it because him doing it was the simplest explanation. Occam's Razor.

I don't need someone else to tell me what I can see.

By the way, what makes you think I don't know what I am talking about?

A bunch of Italians enslaved my ancestors, Should I still hold a grudge?

So the fuck what? You dont care that their racism destroyed you ancestors lives? You are stupid then.

My ancestors would be dead even if the KKK never existed.

I repeat they can exercise their 1st amendment right to be stupid and racist. I can also exercise my 1st amendment right to boycott their business and spread the word they are stupid and racist.

Here's the thing, Asclepias, the way people exercise their free speech is not your decision. You fail to grasp one key concept here. You cannot use your free speech to take away from someone else's. So in so boycotting them ,you will lead the charge in hopes of ruining this person for "being stupid and racist."

I know children who act this way, but full grown adults who participate in this kind of puerility ought to be ashamed of themselves. In fact, this is what I deem to be totalitarianism.

I guess one day I may feel guilty for destroying a racist person.....well maybe not.

You automatically make assumptions about if someone is racist. This is nothing but a knee jerk reaction for you.

Frankly, I should be mad at the white man for destroying livelihoods of my Native American ancestors, but that time has come and gone. I have been taught not to harbor resentment against them for that. But here you liberals are, continuing to foster the hatred of the white man amongst African Americans. You continue to make them live the past and make suffer it as the present. How utterly despicable. Everyone except you and the Democratic party have moved on past the days of our racist past.

Deduction?

Your history of saying stupid things makes me believe you dont know what you are talking about. Again where did you see that the experts determined it was 3 different pens? I already said if the customers innocence was proven then I would admit I was wrong. You got some proof?

Is this Red Lobster guy proven to be innocent? Is that what you are talking about?

That is not the way it works, he has to be proven guilty, not innocent, which is another reason you are wrong.

Yeah that is how it works. I formed my conclusion based on deduction. Its not a legal precedent but to me he has to prove he didnt write if for me to believe she wrote it. If you can say she wrote it then I can say he wrote. See how that works?

Frankly, I should be mad at the white man for destroying livelihoods of my Native American ancestors, but that time has come and gone. I have been taught not to harbor resentment against them for that. But here you liberals are, continuing to foster the hatred of the white man amongst African Americans. How utterly despicable. Everyone except you and the Democratic party have moved on past the days of our racist past.

Not to mention that we weren't all that peaceful ourselves, and were quite willing to kill other tribes just to prove how tough we were. Even the so called civilized tribes were pretty violent.

Your history of saying stupid things makes me believe you dont know what you are talking about. Again where did you see that the experts determined it was 3 different pens? I already said if the customers innocence was proven then I would admit I was wrong. You got some proof?

We gave you all the proof, you ignored it. You don't want to be wrong Asclepias. Do you even know what Occam's Razor is? Two competing statements are posited, the one with the fewest explanations or assumptions is the correct one. How many times have you tried make your contention? How many times have you jumped to conclusions?

Last edited:

My history of saying stupid things? Like what, for instance? Was I stupid when you thanked me for saying that I didn't think the waitress did it, and that I needed proof before I could say she did? Or did you conveniently forget that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back