The Value of Free Speech

.........and it does not exist in any form sanctioned by "the government". You are freaking out at the fact that consumers make noise and get companies to act when an employee says something disagreeable. Or...you are upset that a shopkeeper has his business decline because he demobstrates that he is a bigot. It is all free speech......even the loud voices who do the complaining.

Threats of violence and destruction of property are prosecutable offenses. Mob attacks? Have there been mob attacks that have gone unpunished?

There....did the fiftieth time sink in?

Do you think arguing the same invalid point 50 times makes it any more credible than the first time? It doesn't. And yes, there are numerous cases of 'mob attacks' on people from Chick-fil-a to Paula Deen to Rush Limbaugh or Trent Lott, not for any misconduct these people have ever done, but simply for holding an opinion that the PC police don't like.

Criticize their opinion? Certainly. Exercise your right to change the radio or TV station or shop someplace else or express your opinion about what somebody said? Absolutely. But to attempt to destroy such people's livelihood or otherwise destroy them via mob attack? That is wrong. That is evil.

You obviously think arguing the same dopey thing 50 times is wonderful.

Those were not mob attacks. You are very dramatic. Those people being fired or their business reduced because they made statements that enough people found objectionable.

All of them are still FREE TO SAY ANYTHING THEY WANT. But they have learned that doing so may have consequences. Their freedom of speech has not been suppressed. And those consequences are not coming from 'the government'.

Yes they were...You people on the left have well organized efforts to silence those with whom you object.
Anytime a non liberal utters a statement that your side doesn't like the groundswell of protest is equivalent to using a shot gun to kill a housefly.
But members of protected classes can make any statement they wish, make wild and unsubstantiated accusations and you people circle the wagons.
To deny the existence of a double standard is to deny the existence of gravity.

Its not. If a Dem is doing something wrong get your boys out there to get together and bring him down. You have every opportunity to exercise your 1rst amendment rights. If you notice I did not specify a party.

That isn't how it works, asshole. I don't believe in punishing people for what they say. Come to think of it, nobody that agrees with me about free speech believes in that. You are the asshole that thinks speech should be controlled, so live up to your ideals, or admit you are actually a hypocritical lying sack of shit racist scumbag.

Thats why I said we have a difference of opinion. I do believe in punishing people what they say. Words have power. As an elected official or business person you shouldn't be supporting or advocating a racist position. You deserve to lose your livelihood and the faster the better.
Now that is where you are wrong. You don't have that right because you would never hold yourself to the same standard. You would never hold your politicians to that standard.
And THAT is the problem the non liberal world has with you people on the left.
There most certainly IS a double standard. There are those who can say and do whatever they please because they either belong to a protected class or they are in bed with liberal politicians.
The frustrating aspect of this issue that you people go through your day looking for things to bother yourself with. You are either perpetually offended or miserable when you are not being offended.
In your search for offense you expand your vocabulary of offending terms and phrases. It's gotten to the point where people are using their personal electronic devices to record everything they say out of fear of being dragged into court or in front of their boss on some silly charge of 'offense'. Employers are so shit scared of lawsuits from the perpetually offended, they don't even bother to ferret out the truth. The charged are either disciplined or fired without due process.
This has gone on long enough and now the push back has begun. No longer are people in fear of the race card. In fact most are quite bored with it. The race card has taken resemblance to the blaring car alarm in the shopping center parking lot. Nobody cares.
In other words, we've had it with your PC whining and claims of offense.
The pendulum is finally swinging back. PC will be buried some day. Hopefully soon. So we can get back to the business of living as human beings instead as objects of potential litigation.

I'd eagerly await your condemnation of these racist remarks, but I have a feeling I'd be waiting...well, forever.

He's right. Ever hear of Affirmative Action? It counts as racial discrimination if the victim is white, in case you didn't know.

How did you go from what I said to a list of remarks that can be taken as racist? Everyone of those comments met with some consequence. Some of the remarks I thought were racist others I didnt so i wont condemn all of them. if the people saying those things were not driven from their livelihood it is because the people that had an issue with the remarks did not protest or were very few in number. IOW they did not exercise their 1rst amendment rights.
Plainly speaking, liberals are hypocrites. They give their side a free pass for the same offences they condemn conservatives for.
AA is not racial discrimination. Its intent was to right a wrong.
What wrong? Who committed it, and how many of those are still alive?
If it was racial then the white women would not be the #1 benefactors of it.
Do you see relaxed hiring/admissions standards as a good thing? If so, why?

The wrong was slavery and the subsequent years of racial oppression. Who committed it? White controlled government and society. Yes they are still alive. What does being alive have to do with righting a wrong?

If I support AA obviously I support relaxed hiring and admissions standards. Contrary to popular belief you can learn OJT.

They passed the Civil Rights Act. Were you asleep in history class?
Depends. Do you mean REAL history, or liberal revisionist history?

On This Day in 1964, Democrats Filibustered the Civil Rights Act | The Gateway Pundit
June 10, 1964, was a dramatic day in the United States Senate. For the first time in its history, cloture was invoked on a civil rights bill, ending a record-breaking filibuster by Democrats that had consumed fifty-seven working days. The hero of the hour was minority leader Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Ill.).

On June 10, 1964, Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act.
Grand Old Partisan reported, via DANEgerus:

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.​

LOL! You have to try harder than than that. The same people that are Dems today are ideologically the same as those who passed the Civil Rights Act. The ones that filibustered and fought it were baby Repubs that hadn't changed their stripes yet.

That isn't how it works, asshole. I don't believe in punishing people for what they say. Come to think of it, nobody that agrees with me about free speech believes in that. You are the asshole that thinks speech should be controlled, so live up to your ideals, or admit you are actually a hypocritical lying sack of shit racist scumbag.

Thats why I said we have a difference of opinion. I do believe in punishing people what they say. Words have power. As an elected official or business person you shouldn't be supporting or advocating a racist position. You deserve to lose your livelihood and the faster the better.

Which is exactly why I said you would dismantle the First Amendment (and therefore the purpose of the entire Constitution) in a heartbeat. The Founders risked their families, their lives, their entire fortunes to give us a Constitution that prohibits the government from punishing people for what they say, think, read, or write short of inciting to riot or depriving others of their unalienable rights. It made absolutely no distinction between the various states, no distinction between private citizens and politicians, no distinction between political parties, and no distinction between people holding polar opposite views.

Thugs bullies, wingnuts, and PC extremists who would ignore that principle and would exert their will to control the words, thoughts, etc. of those they disapprove of or with whom they disagree are not only thugs, bullies, wingnuts, and PC extremists, but they are evil.

Maybe you are mistaking my use of the word punishment. I don't mean jail time or making it illegal. I mean if you cant craft a comment/opinion that unites and betters the population you deserve all the consequences you invite by advocating a racist and divisive one.

There are documented cases of people losing their jobs because someone decided to threaten them at their place of work. For some reason, the law actually makes a business culpable for not taking steps to protect their customers and employees even if the threat was the result of a dispute that they had no control over. This as led to the activists getting people fired because they didn't like their opinion and threatening them at work. Yet you have no problem with this.

Your position is that threatening violence is wrong, but actually doing it isn't. How the fuck does that work in your deluded mind?

Nice deflection, by the way, but I didn't bite.

How are you going to tell me my position without asking!!?? Where did I deflect? Cant you read?.

I can read, dipshit.

You have stated you believe people should be punished for their words, are you taking that back?

If you can read why did you say I deflected? I answered your question. Yes I believe people in positions serving the public should be punished for advocating stupid and divisive opinions.

Yet you just tried to argue that I didn't know your position because I didn't ask.

Funny how I actually nailed it, isn't it?

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that you didn't nail it. :lol:

Now that is where you are wrong. You don't have that right because you would never hold yourself to the same standard. You would never hold your politicians to that standard.
There most certainly IS a double standard. There are those who can say and do whatever they please because they either belong to a protected class or they are in bed with liberal politicians.
The frustrating aspect of this issue that you people go through your day looking for things to bother yourself with. You are either perpetually offended or miserable when you are not being offended.
In your search for offense you expand your vocabulary of offending terms and phrases. It's gotten to the point where people are using their personal electronic devices to record everything they say out of fear of being dragged into court or in front of their boss on some silly charge of 'offense'. Employers are so shit scared of lawsuits from the perpetually offended, they don't even bother to ferret out the truth. The charged are either disciplined or fired without due process.
This has gone on long enough and now the push back has begun. No longer are people in fear of the race card. In fact most are quite bored with it. The race card has taken resemblance to the blaring car alarm in the shopping center parking lot. Nobody cares.
The pendulum is finally swinging back. PC will be buried some day. Hopefully soon. So we can get back to the business of living as human beings instead as objects of potential litigation.

It seems you are another person that just assumes they know what I would do. You're wrong as 2 left shoes. I do have the right. Who's going to stop me from doing it? You seem to have me mixed up with someone that is thin skinned. I expect people like you to be racist so it doesn't get to me emotionally. I just enjoy when they bite the dust because of something stupid they said. If people stopped and realized that what they happened to think may cause someone else stress or discomfort they wouldnt have to tape themselves. Be polite. Ask permission to criticize. Be politically correct and you will get a lot more bi-partisan by in. You argue that you are frustrated. Change your approach. If you plan on waiting until the pendulum swings back remember it will always swing again to the other side and you will be back bitching and complaining. I gotta ask you this one question I always use when people whine about things. How is that working for you?

Last edited:
How did you go from what I said to a list of remarks that can be taken as racist? Everyone of those comments met with some consequence. Some of the remarks I thought were racist others I didnt so i wont condemn all of them. if the people saying those things were not driven from their livelihood it is because the people that had an issue with the remarks did not protest or were very few in number. IOW they did not exercise their 1rst amendment rights.
Plainly speaking, liberals are hypocrites. They give their side a free pass for the same offences they condemn conservatives for.

The wrong was slavery and the subsequent years of racial oppression. Who committed it? White controlled government and society. Yes they are still alive. What does being alive have to do with righting a wrong?

If I support AA obviously I support relaxed hiring and admissions standards. Contrary to popular belief you can learn OJT.

Not in the least bit surprised a black liberal would support a policy that despite it's insulting and offensive overtone, because you can get something for nothing other than the color of your skin and the fact that the idea you are somehow 'owed' something, that makes quotas ok...Sheesh..I suppose you'd be in lockstep support for slavery reparations as well. I'm sure you'll get real far with that..
Doesn't it make your skin crawl knowing that those in charge of hiring or admissions have told you "look, you are black. Therefore you are incapable of making it on your own. We will make up for your lack of ( fill in the blank)...".
Does it not at all register with you that all Affirmative Action did was create resentment and an overall distrust of institutions? And the races of each other?

These do-gooder programs and 'good intentions' have set back race relations for decades.
It is no wonder AA and busing have been cast aside. Both were great ideas in theory but in practice a fucking disaster.
As for you not so well veiled hatred toward whites..
You have the problem. You demand that others be banned from making generalizations about you. Yet you give yourself no such restriction.
Your anger is misplaced. This is typical of most racists who see themselves as perpetual victims. Because the people you wish to lash out at are long dead, in you inability to control your hate, you turn to lash out at those you can see.
I nor my ancestors who did not arrive here until well after the civil war, owe you nothing.
Pointing your finger at those who had nothing to do with your issues gets you no mileage.
Read the words in my signature....See if they mean anything to you.
Could they be words to live by?

Which is exactly why I said you would dismantle the First Amendment (and therefore the purpose of the entire Constitution) in a heartbeat. The Founders risked their families, their lives, their entire fortunes to give us a Constitution that prohibits the government from punishing people for what they say, think, read, or write short of inciting to riot or depriving others of their unalienable rights. It made absolutely no distinction between the various states, no distinction between private citizens and politicians, no distinction between political parties, and no distinction between people holding polar opposite views.

Thugs bullies, wingnuts, and PC extremists who would ignore that principle and would exert their will to control the words, thoughts, etc. of those they disapprove of or with whom they disagree are not only thugs, bullies, wingnuts, and PC extremists, but they are evil.

Maybe you are mistaking my use of the word punishment. I don't mean jail time or making it illegal. I mean if you cant craft a comment/opinion that unites and betters the population you deserve all the consequences you invite by advocating a racist and divisive one.

You made the statement in the context of a discussion on the politics of person destruction--intentionally attempting to or destroying a person's reputation and/or livelihood for no other reason than you don't like their opinion. So yes, I think you were quite specific in what the 'punishment' should be and I don't accept that you didn't intend that.

I also believe you would assume the right to determine what is and what is not acceptable speech and who was deserving of such punishment and who is not. You would determine what a definition of racism (or any other politically correct context) would be and would agree with gestapo type censorship and discipline.

Those of us with some good education in history, Constitution, and the Founders intent with the content of the Constitution, reject giving any class of Americans authority and license to dictate to other Americans what speech shall be acceptable to use and what discipline shall be used to enforce politically correct speech. We value the liberties the Constitution recognizes and protects, and will strongly resist people like you who would take them away.

Last edited:

You made the statement in the context of a discussion on the politics of person destruction--intentionally attempting to or destroying a person's reputation and/or livelihood for no other reason than you don't like their opinion. So yes, I think you were quite specific in what the 'punishment' should be and I don't accept that you didn't intend that.

I also believe you would assume the right to determine what is and what is not acceptable speech and who was deserving of such punishment and who is not. You would determine what a definition of racism (or any other politically correct context) would be and would agree with gestapo type censorship and discipline.

Those of us with some good education in history, Constitution, and the Founders intent with the content of the Constitution, reject giving any class of Americans authority and license to dictate to other Americans what speech shall be acceptable to use and what discipline shall be used to enforce politically correct speech. We value the liberties the Constitution recognizes and protects, and will strongly resist people like you who would take them away.

How is destroying a persons reputation or livelihood the same as committing someone to jail time or making what they said illegal? I repeat they can exercise their 1rst amendment right to be stupid and racist. I can also exercise my 1rst amendment right to boycott their business and spread the word they are stupid and racist.

I already said public opinion is the ultimate decision maker on what consequences a stupid person faces for espousing their opinion.

I heard the star spangled banner playing while I read your last paragraph. :lol: The thing you supposedly patriotic people miss is that the founders made the framework of our country flexible. The greatness in their vision is the ability to see that there would be events or situations that they could not foresee. These will be decided by public opinion and ultimately amendments in the frame work of the Constitution. So its ok that you reject. Thats your right. However you cant impose your will unless you have a majority. Same goes for the other side. I'm hoping that decency, intelligence, and civility win out.

Not in the least bit surprised a black liberal would support a policy that despite it's insulting and offensive overtone, because you can get something for nothing other than the color of your skin and the fact that the idea you are somehow 'owed' something, that makes quotas ok...Sheesh..I suppose you'd be in lockstep support for slavery reparations as well. I'm sure you'll get real far with that..
Doesn't it make your skin crawl knowing that those in charge of hiring or admissions have told you "look, you are black. Therefore you are incapable of making it on your own. We will make up for your lack of ( fill in the blank)...".
Does it not at all register with you that all Affirmative Action did was create resentment and an overall distrust of institutions? And the races of each other?

These do-gooder programs and 'good intentions' have set back race relations for decades.
It is no wonder AA and busing have been cast aside. Both were great ideas in theory but in practice a fucking disaster.
As for you not so well veiled hatred toward whites..
You have the problem. You demand that others be banned from making generalizations about you. Yet you give yourself no such restriction.
Your anger is misplaced. This is typical of most racists who see themselves as perpetual victims. Because the people you wish to lash out at are long dead, in you inability to control your hate, you turn to lash out at those you can see.
I nor my ancestors who did not arrive here until well after the civil war, owe you nothing.
Pointing your finger at those who had nothing to do with your issues gets you no mileage.
Read the words in my signature....See if they mean anything to you.
Could they be words to live by?

You keep missing the fact that white women have benefited from AA more than anyone else. You also seem to lack the ability to understand the concept of righting a wrong. Yes as a citizen of the US I am owed something. I am owed an opportunity that for centuries was not extended to my ancestors. No it doesn't make my skin crawl when I am paid back for my ancestors lack of compensation. Why would it make my skin crawl? Thats stupid to turn down what was never paid to my ancestors. If whites want to think I am incapable thats their problem. I'm not trying to prove anything to them. They can just keep right on thinking that while I move on up the road to my success.

What has set race relations back are the racist attitudes of sheeple whites who accept the boogey man theory or are just outright afraid of losing their control of the other races. Personally I am not angry at whites. I dont like racists but I know they exist. I only lash out at rude ass people and stupidity that keeps progress from going forward. I dont demand others be banned from being stupid I request that they respect the person they are talking about. If they dont then I get to retaliate if public opinion is with me. If you are espousing the same rhetoric as the racists you just became my enemy. I dont care what your ancestors did or did not do. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Maybe you should read those words and internalize them instead of pointing me to your signature.

How is destroying a persons reputation or livelihood the same as committing someone to jail time or making what they said illegal? I repeat they can exercise their 1rst amendment right to be stupid and racist. I can also exercise my 1rst amendment right to boycott their business and spread the word they are stupid and racist.

I already said public opinion is the ultimate decision maker on what consequences a stupid person faces for espousing their opinion.

I heard the star spangled banner playing while I read your last paragraph. :lol: The thing you supposedly patriotic people miss is that the founders made the framework of our country flexible. The greatness in their vision is the ability to see that there would be events or situations that they could not foresee. These will be decided by public opinion and ultimately amendments in the frame work of the Constitution. So its ok that you reject. Thats your right. However you cant impose your will unless you have a majority. Same goes for the other side. I'm hoping that decency, intelligence, and civility win out.

You have a strange view of civility, decency, and intelligence when you think it is okay to destroy somebody because YOU think they are stupid and racist. Do they have the right to destroy your reputation and livelihood with impunity because they think you are an insufferable, bigoted, judgmental, and dangerous idiot because you think it is okay to destroy people that you don't like?

Again who is to define what racism is to your standards? I think those who can't see how racist Affirmative Action is are far more dangerously racist than somebody who uses the "n" word. The person using politically incorrect language is not likely to harm anybody. Affirmative Action this day and age can and does. So am I okay in your eyes if I try to destroy your reputation and livelihood because you support Affirmative Action?

The worst evil of all forms of political correctness is that one group of people feels justified in ganging up on somebody just because they don't like an opinion that somebody expresses. In my view of what is civil, decent, and intelligent, that is not the best of America. It is evil.

Last edited:

Hit the nail on the head. In one thread he found someone guilty simply because a racial slur was written, even though it was clearly written by someone other than the white guy. His defense was that the comment was racist, thus the black girl was innocent. Now he is claiming that there is a difference between a black racist and a white one simply so that he doesn't have to call for the black racist to be punished for his racial remarks even though he claims that all racists should be punished.

Government mandated racism does not excuse government mandated racism.

Maybe you can't read, people should never be punished for speech, especially when the person calling for that punishment is exactly the same as the person they want to punish.

How are you going to tell me my position without asking!!?? Where did I deflect? Cant you read?.

I can read, dipshit.

You have stated you believe people should be punished for their words, are you taking that back?

If you can read why did you say I deflected? I answered your question. Yes I believe people in positions serving the public should be punished for advocating stupid and divisive opinions.

You asking if preaching racism is violence when I have repeatedly said directly to you that speech is neither destructive or violent isn't a deflection? Especially after you advocate destroying a person's livelihood over something they didn't do?

Do you think everyone is as stupid and hateful as you are?

You have a strange view of civility, decency, and intelligence when you think it is okay to destroy somebody because YOU think they are stupid and racist. Do they have the right to destroy your reputation and livelihood with impunity because they think you are an insufferable, bigoted, judgmental, and dangerous idiot because you think it is okay to destroy people that you don't like?

Again who is to define what racism is to your standards? I think those who can't see how racist Affirmative Action is are far more dangerously racist than somebody who uses the "n" word. The person using politically incorrect language is not likely to harm anybody. Affirmative Action this day and age can and does. So am I okay in your eyes if I try to destroy your reputation and livelihood because you support Affirmative Action?

The worst evil of all forms of political correctness is that one group of people feels justified in ganging up on somebody just because they don't like an opinion that somebody expresses. In my view of what is civil, decent, and intelligent, that is not the best of America. It is evil.

Normally, what we call PC is "mob rule."

Yet you just tried to argue that I didn't know your position because I didn't ask.

Funny how I actually nailed it, isn't it?

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that you didn't nail it. :lol:

You wanted to punish an innocent man because you were unwilling to admit a simple truth about human nature.

I have your position down so well that I can put you into the same category as every other racist on the planet.

Forum List

Back