The Very Worst Racist

Bull Connor was a hard core far right Conservative like Political Chic.

He was a Democrat, you lying moron.

It truly amazes me how many people, on a politics forum where you expect people to know simple facts, who don't know that Democrats were more conservative than Republicans back in the day.

George Gordon Civil War General - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

George Gordon, one of the KKK's first members, member of the House for the 10th congressional district of Tennessee, and a DEMOCRAT.

Nathan Bedford Forrest, Grand Wizard of the KKK. DEMOCRAT.

Rise of the Ku Klux Klan . U.S. Grant Warrior . WGBH American Experience PBS

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power."

"Racist activity in the South often took the form of riots that targeted blacks and Republicans."

United States presidential election 1868 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

1868 Presidential election. Grant as Republican, Horatio Seymour as Democrat.

Horatio Seymour - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"In his campaign Seymour advocated a policy of conservative, limited government, and he opposed the Reconstruction policies of the Republicans in Congress. Seymour's campaign was also marked by pronounced appeals to racism with repeated attempts to brand General Grant as the "******" candidate and Seymour was the "White Man's" candidate. Similar to the better known anti-Catholic bigotry and smears of the 1928 Al Smith campaign, the Seymour-Grant 1868 election was the most overt racist Presidential contest until the 1948 Dixiecrats."

1864 Presidential election Lincoln ran against a DEMOCRAT.

So, anyone who wants to claim that Democrats weren't the conservatives had better provide a lot of evidence for their point, because no evidence points to any one else.

But seriously, it beggars belief that Americans would come onto a politics board without even such basic knowledge. Education is clearly being surpassed by just complete bullsheet.

What does this all mean in today's society and world of United States politics.
Seems the worm has turned a bit but you might refuse to recognize.

Bull Connor was a hard core far right Conservative like Political Chic.

He was a Democrat, you lying moron.

It truly amazes me how many people, on a politics forum where you expect people to know simple facts, who don't know that Democrats were more conservative than Republicans back in the day.

George Gordon Civil War General - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

George Gordon, one of the KKK's first members, member of the House for the 10th congressional district of Tennessee, and a DEMOCRAT.

Nathan Bedford Forrest, Grand Wizard of the KKK. DEMOCRAT.

Rise of the Ku Klux Klan . U.S. Grant Warrior . WGBH American Experience PBS

"At the time of Ulysses S. Grant's election to the presidency, white supremacists were conducting a reign of terror throughout the South. In outright defiance of the Republican-led federal government, Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power."

"Racist activity in the South often took the form of riots that targeted blacks and Republicans."

United States presidential election 1868 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

1868 Presidential election. Grant as Republican, Horatio Seymour as Democrat.

Horatio Seymour - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"In his campaign Seymour advocated a policy of conservative, limited government, and he opposed the Reconstruction policies of the Republicans in Congress. Seymour's campaign was also marked by pronounced appeals to racism with repeated attempts to brand General Grant as the "******" candidate and Seymour was the "White Man's" candidate. Similar to the better known anti-Catholic bigotry and smears of the 1928 Al Smith campaign, the Seymour-Grant 1868 election was the most overt racist Presidential contest until the 1948 Dixiecrats."

1864 Presidential election Lincoln ran against a DEMOCRAT.

So, anyone who wants to claim that Democrats weren't the conservatives had better provide a lot of evidence for their point, because no evidence points to any one else.

But seriously, it beggars belief that Americans would come onto a politics board without even such basic knowledge. Education is clearly being surpassed by just complete bullsheet.

For bonus points...who was the man stumping for the 1964 Republican candidate during a very important Civil Rights year, --

the Republican presidential candidate who was against the 1964 Civil Rights Act?

Do you know?

The barnstorming speechifier made a pretty vaultworthy speech. It was called: "A Time for Choosing."

It would go in the vault, because that man went on to become the man the conservatives call St. Ronnie today.

Reagan not only opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, but the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

1964. It sure was

A Time for Choosing.

Well, he was a democratic before he was a republican, so that doesn't really count. (-:

Post #121- in your eye, you wind-bag.
I'll ignore the stupid reference to "Bull" who died in 1973 and has nothing...., even consciousness on the planet...to do with Holder other than both being Democrats.

Once again, cutting through your editorial bullshit, we find ONE QUOTE:

Holder replied, “It really says that… I am not the tall U.S. attorney, I am not the thin United States Attorney. I am the black United States attorney. And he was saying that no matter how successful you are, there’s a common cause that bonds the black United States attorney with the black criminal or the black doctor with the black homeless person."

You think the fact that he knew he was black was "the most important factor in interpreting the law."

In fact, you think it is "CLEAR."

Um, do you have one example during the past 6 years when Holder interpreted the law based primarily on his skin color?
the question that the op will avoid, because she will have no answer.

i'm going to give you 10 minutes to figure out what's wrong with your post 121, which points to a case against Ike Brown as proof that Holder is racist, before i point it out for you.

Now....is that any way to address your instructor?
okay. you lose. i wanted to give you a chance to see what was wrong, but you failed.

7first, the ike brown case was brought about in 2005. the case was decided in 2007, appealed, and the appeal decided February 27, 2009. Additionally, Holder's Justice Department filed for an injuction to extend the provisions of the 2007 ruling by two years.

the important fact, though, is that at no time were charges brought by Holder's Justice Department, as you claimed public pressure made them. Nearly everything, except for the filing for an extension, happened before Holder took office.

So... care to try again?

"... is that at no time were charges brought by Holder's Justice Department, as you claimed public pressure made them."

Of course it was.

Ike Brown went public bragging about disenfranchising whites.

Holder had to go through the motions, and was shocked when the court decision came down.

So... care to try again?

i'm going to give you 10 minutes to figure out what's wrong with your post 121, which points to a case against Ike Brown as proof that Holder is racist, before i point it out for you.

okay. you lose. i wanted to give you a chance to see what was wrong, but you failed.

7first, the ike brown case was brought about in 2005. the case was decided in 2007, appealed, and the appeal decided February 27, 2009. Additionally, Holder's Justice Department filed for an injuction to extend the provisions of the 2007 ruling by two years.

the important fact, though, is that at no time were charges brought by Holder's Justice Department, as you claimed public pressure made them. Nearly everything, except for the filing for an extension, happened before Holder took office.

So... care to try again?

"... is that at no time were charges brought by Holder's Justice Department, as you claimed public pressure made them."

Of course it was.

Holder had to go through the motions, and was shocked when the court decision came down.

So... care to try again?
you are an idiot. the charges had already been brought, taken to trial, a judgement rendered, an appeal filed, and arguments submitted before holder even became attorney general. the decision on the appeal came just over 5 weeks after Obama took office.

in other words, he had nothing to do with the case - except to file for a 2 year extension on the injunction filed in the 2007 verdict.

so, once again, will you tell us what Holder has to do with the Ike Brown case?

For bonus points...who was the man stumping for the 1964 Republican candidate during a very important Civil Rights year, --

the Republican presidential candidate who was against the 1964 Civil Rights Act?

Do you know?

The barnstorming speechifier made a pretty vaultworthy speech. It was called: "A Time for Choosing."

It would go in the vault, because that man went on to become the man the conservatives call St. Ronnie today.

Reagan not only opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, but the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

1964. It sure was

A Time for Choosing.

Well, he was a democratic before he was a republican, so that doesn't really count. (-:
Isn't it true that he left the Democratic party because he felt that Republican view at that time (keepin' blackie down) was more in line with his philosophy?

Ronnie started out his political career as a snitch. Then he married a bitch.

So... care to try again?

Of course it was.

So... care to try again?

Try what again?

Repeating that Nearly everything, except for the filing for an extension, happened before Holder took office.

fail+stamp.jpg

Do you know?

1964. It sure was

A Time for Choosing.

Isn't it true that he left the Democratic party because he felt that Republican view at that time (keepin' blackie down) was more in line with his philosophy?

Ronnie started out his political career as a snitch. Then he married a bitch.
Now, now. There were intellectually honest, and non-racist, reasons to oppose the bills. I think they were wrong, but still no reason to be ugly. There were those who really were bigots.

@PoliticalChic
I understand why you want to point to the Ike Brown case as proof of Holder's racism. You are copying and pasting from a site that says it, and the reason the site says it boils down to a "no decision" letter sent to Brown's people when they were requesting changes be made to allow for a closed democratic primary. of course, the reason the letter was sent had nothing to do with whether or not the changes were acceptable, but rather was notification that while under the court's injunction the DoJ was not the proper authority from which to request such an authorization.

sites, such as the one you are surely copying, use that letter to claim Holder didn't want to do anything to prevent Brown from disenfranchising white voters, when in fact they used that very request as evidence in their filing for the extension of the injunction.

so... do you see how completely wrong you are? will you acknowledge that you were fooled by a hack site that was using your confirmation bias to sell you a stack of lies?

It has nothing to do with modern politics, so it beats me why people bring it up.

The fact that people try and bash the Democrats because the Democrats 150 years ago were the more conservative of parties, is just pure childish behavior, but then again, half of what is written on this message board is like this, so who is surprised?

It certainly is my fault to expect any reasonable discussion. I will bite the bullet and say I am the fool sometimes hoping for adult discussion.

It has nothing to do with modern politics, so it beats me why people bring it up.

The fact that people try and bash the Democrats because the Democrats 150 years ago were the more conservative of parties, is just pure childish behavior, but then again, half of what is written on this message board is like this, so who is surprised?

so... do you see how completely wrong you are? will you acknowledge that you were fooled by a hack site that was using your confirmation bias to sell you a stack of lies?

Good luck reasoning with PC: Every thread she's ever produced depends on hack-sites.

If you get anywhere, your next assignment will be squeezing blood from turnips.

Forum List

Back