The Walking Dead Season 6

I love radio controlled cars! Just need the space to race 'em! Been there, done that! And broke that! : -)

Sorry, catching up...

Couldn't somebody have told the brat to GO TO THE BATHROOM before he left the house?!?!?

Seems like even the most jaded zombie-warriors can forget those little life lessons! :)

The writers hate noobs, he's zombie bait.

Why are the seasons so short? Is it just me or are the "seasons" more like a few weeks?
You're right, in a way. An actual season is usually twenty-odd episodes, but most series these days break it into two parts with the gap usually stretching from Dec. to Feb.
There must be a good (to them, at least) reason since almost everyone is doing it.

Why are the seasons so short? Is it just me or are the "seasons" more like a few weeks?
You're right, in a way. An actual season is usually twenty-odd episodes, but most series these days break it into two parts with the gap usually stretching from Dec. to Feb.
There must be a good (to them, at least) reason since almost everyone is doing it.

Also, TWD started out with short seasons compared to average network programs. Cable channels don't always follow the 20-24 episode guideline of network shows.

The WD seasons are a little "shorter" but you have to compare how the show is different also.

Let's use Stargate SG-1 as a comparison (one of my favorite SF series) clocked in at a solid 22 episodes per season, X-Files (another favorite) ranged from 20-25 episodes in a single season.

The WD was 6 episodes the first season, 13 the 2nd and 16 for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th seasons. They had a budget of 3.4 Million for season 1 and that was but back to 2.7 million starting in season 2.

Most shows (typically your drama, comedies, etc.) can use (a) modern outdoor areas and (b) reusable indoor fixed sets. That lowers production costs. On the other hand the WD makes extensive use of (a) outdoor and town/city sets that have to be "dressed" for the apocalypse, (c) indoor sets to some extent have been reused during a season (i.e. the prison and the farm) but change over seasons, (c) extensive use of complex zombie makeup for large numbers of extras, (d) heavy use of special effects and action sequences, and (e) heavy post production of CGI effects to enhance real world special effects. All increasing the per episode cost and length of time in post-production completion and editing. Since it is an expensive show to make and takes longer to shoot, construct sets, etc. - the reduced number of episodes from a historical standard "season".

As to the "winter break" concept that has become more common, which I see mostly between Thanksgiving and New Years, I think (and this is just my opinion) that TV viewership for a show that airs at a specific time and day of the week drops off during the holiday period. Therefore networks do alternative programming and bring back new episode airing when they think more people will be home to watch. (Which as I said is just an opinion because I hardly watch ANYTHING based on network schedule, I mostly watch through streaming on my own schedule and normally without commercials.)

>>>>

I don't like it.

Also, TWD started out with short seasons compared to average network programs. Cable channels don't always follow the 20-24 episode guideline of network shows.

True. Game of Thrones is much more expensive than the WD (IIRC about 10 million an episode) and the season is 10 episodes in length.

>>>>

Having it be where one day it's like someone flipped a switch and now everyone is a carrier and death enables reanimation is strange though. Kirkman better decide he's willing to spill the beans on the origin of it sometime before the series ends.

Agree, but like you said, you have to suspend disbelief to even watch a zombie movie. The whole concept is pretty silly that a person who is dead can come back to life because of a virus.
Well yeah because everything we know about biology says that's not even possible. But in other zombie type stories the change happens before any death takes place. Like in I am legend. They just become infected and change into some kind of rabid state. Still far fetched but at least seems more biologically plausible.

Those zombies in I Am Legend were like super zombies. Those were the scariest zombies ever! They still had intelligence and they were fast too.
Well, technically, I think they were actually supposed to be vampire zombies. :D

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Having it be where one day it's like someone flipped a switch and now everyone is a carrier and death enables reanimation is strange though. Kirkman better decide he's willing to spill the beans on the origin of it sometime before the series ends.

Agree, but like you said, you have to suspend disbelief to even watch a zombie movie. The whole concept is pretty silly that a person who is dead can come back to life because of a virus.
Well yeah because everything we know about biology says that's not even possible. But in other zombie type stories the change happens before any death takes place. Like in I am legend. They just become infected and change into some kind of rabid state. Still far fetched but at least seems more biologically plausible.

Those zombies in I Am Legend were like super zombies. Those were the scariest zombies ever! They still had intelligence and they were fast too.
Well, technically, I think they were actually supposed to be vampire zombies. :D

Vampire zombies? :lol: Are there werewolf zombies too? Those would be pretty scary! :ack-1:

The WD seasons are a little "shorter" but you have to compare how the show is different also.

Let's use Stargate SG-1 as a comparison (one of my favorite SF series) clocked in at a solid 22 episodes per season, X-Files (another favorite) ranged from 20-25 episodes in a single season.

The WD was 6 episodes the first season, 13 the 2nd and 16 for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th seasons. They had a budget of 3.4 Million for season 1 and that was but back to 2.7 million starting in season 2.

Most shows (typically your drama, comedies, etc.) can use (a) modern outdoor areas and (b) reusable indoor fixed sets. That lowers production costs. On the other hand the WD makes extensive use of (a) outdoor and town/city sets that have to be "dressed" for the apocalypse, (c) indoor sets to some extent have been reused during a season (i.e. the prison and the farm) but change over seasons, (c) extensive use of complex zombie makeup for large numbers of extras, (d) heavy use of special effects and action sequences, and (e) heavy post production of CGI effects to enhance real world special effects. All increasing the per episode cost and length of time in post-production completion and editing. Since it is an expensive show to make and takes longer to shoot, construct sets, etc. - the reduced number of episodes from a historical standard "season".

As to the "winter break" concept that has become more common, which I see mostly between Thanksgiving and New Years, I think (and this is just my opinion) that TV viewership for a show that airs at a specific time and day of the week drops off during the holiday period. Therefore networks do alternative programming and bring back new episode airing when they think more people will be home to watch. (Which as I said is just an opinion because I hardly watch ANYTHING based on network schedule, I mostly watch through streaming on my own schedule and normally without commercials.)

>>>>

But it's not coming back on until February! That's too long. I still don't like it. Lol. :)

Vampire zombies? [emoji38] Are there werewolf zombies too? Those would be pretty scary! :ack-1:

Muahaha! :D

d3d6fd924cbe7ef609fce60fcd63ed92.jpg

Vampire zombies? [emoji38] Are there werewolf zombies too? Those would be pretty scary! :ack-1:

That's one confused zombie. :lol:

That's one confused zombie. [emoji38]

There are charts for this kind of thing, thankfully. [emoji38]

4ea95b5995c7115e67988bb23de20292.jpg

There's a chart for this kind of thing, thankfully. [emoji38]

Lol! Why not Rob Zombie?

Lol! Why not Rob Zombie?

No one said the charts were very good! [emoji38]

Lol! Why not Rob Zombie?

zombie_identification_chart-1018087.jpg

Lol! Why not Rob Zombie?

btM1kZe.jpg

Lol! Why not Rob Zombie?

btM1kZe.jpg

You should get this! :D

zombie_apocalypse_gamers_keep_calm_funny_t_shirt-r8c4b60d71ecf4eafbde6310919fa1bc3_jg31m_1024.jpg

Forum List

Back