The Walking Dead

Wise man once said, "When you have to shoot, then shoot don't talk."
- Tuco in G, B & U

Premise: You only have some many changes to action, before the tables turn

Exactly the reason why Rick should have put the kid out of his misery when his leg was impailed on the iron bar. Shoot him and run to save his own life.

I would have just left him there with the Walkers.

Probably not the best either. Information is power and Randall has it. They won't have known the morals per se of the other group nor would they know their numbers!

Exactly the reason why Rick should have put the kid out of his misery when his leg was impailed on the iron bar. Shoot him and run to save his own life.

Probably not the best either. Information is power and Randall has it. They won't have known the morals per se of the other group nor would they know their numbers!

I meant they should have just left him initially when he fell off the building and got his lef caught on the fence, they should not have brought him back to the farm.

I meant they should have just left him initially when he fell off the building and got his lef caught on the fence, they should not have brought him back to the farm.

Gotta agree dead men tell no tales. Taking him put them at risk especially when they knew what the other two of his group members were like. Actually I'm surprised Randall doesn't have gangrene.

Awesome!! I kinda figured Shane was going to bite it since he dies in the comic book. Loved that Carl did the old 'I'm pointing the gun at you, dad, but really aiming for the walker behind you' trick.

The walker without being bitten -- the virus is mutating. Ewwww!

Did you SEE how many walkers there are in the woods?? OMG, run!!

Damn it that next week ends it till October. :mad:

FINALLY! Shane got WHACKED! I was freaking out at the TV when Rick was doing the "I'll drop my gun and you drop yours and we can be friends again" thing but was speechless when he all of sudden knifed him. Then i got over it and said "About damn time". :eusa_clap:

I think he should have done it a sooner by leaving him in that bus, surrounded by Walkers.

This whole new concept of a mutated Walker virus will make for a good subplot for next season.

I'll skip the obvious and talk about some smaller things.

How the hell does Andrea get trusted to watch anyone after the shit she pulled? Not only do I not understand how that seemingly got swept under the rug, but then Rick wants her to watch Shane, when she clearly disagrees with watching him, and she clearly can't be trusted to do what she says she'll do if she disagrees?

I don't know where they are going with the non-bitten dead turning into walkers, but daveman's idea got me thinking. I don't think it is the case, but what if certain people have been carriers all along and will turn when killed? The virus or whatever it is doesn't affect them, is basically dormant until they die? Then, further, what if the baby is Shane's, and he's passed along the virus, and Lori has a little walker growing inside her? :badgrin:

Carl shooting Shane was good; Carl pointing the gun and not saying a damn word, like, "Look out dad!" was just silly.

They really are dropping like flies here at the end of season 2!

Shane got his, about time. So what is the story on becoming a walker without being bitten? That's a twist I wasn't expecting.
Me and the wife think Shane was a carrier. He had to have touched the gang kid's wrist abrasions.

Rumor has it on another board, I haven't read the comics, is that the CDC doctor whispered to Rick that everyone already had a low level infection and would turn when they died.

Basically a living person was healthy enough to keep the low level virus in remission, but when they died it activates. A guess a bite, which is a massive direct infusion of the virus, then overwhelms the bodies immune system generating an early turn.

>>>>

Last edited:
After the "Holy Fuck!" of it dies down, what's left?

Shane was a great character and seriously where the fuck did all those walkers in the middle of nowhere come from? I never read the comic, they probably bring back Darly's brother Meryl

I guess at this point everyone has a little bit of the virus in them, people turning into walkers without being bit is a huge problem, I am surprised Shane died the way he did, I thought his character would last at least another season.

I don't know where they are going with the non-bitten dead turning into walkers, but daveman's idea got me thinking. I don't think it is the case, but what if certain people have been carriers all along and will turn when killed? The virus or whatever it is doesn't affect them, is basically dormant until they die? Then, further, what if the baby is Shane's, and he's passed along the virus, and Lori has a little walker growing inside her? :badgrin:

First of all, i doubt he's been a carrier of the virus all along. Carrier or not, dormant or not, it could still be detected by a blood test, and thus Jenner would've seen it.

Secondly, if Lori's baby is Shane's, he wouldn't have necessarily passed it to her. In fact, the baby might not be effected at all. As we all know from Biology class, fetuses have added protection from diseases. And in Stephen King's The Stand, one of the main characters was pregnant but the father was not immune to the Captain Trips virus, yet the kid survived (barely. In the book, it was indicated the baby was in fact sick when it was born, but was able to eventually wear the virus down).

Shane got his, about time. So what is the story on becoming a walker without being bitten? That's a twist I wasn't expecting.
Me and the wife think Shane was a carrier. He had to have touched the gang kid's wrist abrasions.

Rumor has it on another board, I haven't read the comics, is that the CDC doctor whispered to Rick that everyone already had a low level infection and would turn when they died.

Basically a living person was healthy enough to keep the low level virus in remission, but when they died it activates. A guess a bite which a massive direct infusion of the virus then overwhelms the bodies immune system generating an early turn.

>>>>
sounds reasonable

He's dead now and it doesn't matter, but I was pretty pissed off when Lori went to Shane apologizing to him and then to say she didn't know who the baby belonged to. Talk about giving him some amunition. But again ... makes no difference now.

He's dead now and it doesn't matter, but I was pretty pissed off when Lori went to Shane apologizing to him and then to say she didn't know who the baby belonged to. Talk about giving him some amunition. But again ... makes no difference now.

Yeah her unloading all that shit on Shane probably made her feel good but it fucked with Shane's head even more, I have to say I am sad Shane is gone, he was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Yeah her unloading all that shit on Shane probably made her feel good but it fucked with Shane's head even more, I have to say I am sad Shane is gone, he was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Sorry HG.
That's how I was feeling last Sunday when Dale bought the farm.
Last night I celebrated. Then thought .... hmmmmm .... what new (old) characters will be coming into play now?

So Rick can't shoot the kid Randall, even though Randall admitted to the rape of two girls by his group, even though the group he was with was trying to kill Rick, Hershall and Glenn, even though Randall was shooting at them and even though the group was only 5 miles away and well armed but Rick can kill (knife, no less) his partner and best bud Shane because Shane could do what Rick couldn't?

:cuckoo:

(nice run on sentence up there, eh? lol)

Forum List

Back