The Walking Dead

Actually, I think they pretty clearly attempted to show that Shane was losing it. Look at the scene in the barn before he let the kid go.....the head slapping he did before putting the gun to the kid's head, the panting, I think he was even drooling a bit at one point.....all of that pointed to a man who was losing control of himself. And, of course, his actions afterward pretty much screamed unhinged. Thinking there was any chance of getting away with murdering Rick and returning to the group, after everything that had gone on before, was pretty loopy. The haphazard way he went about it didn't help, either. No, IMO, the writers/director very much were saying that Shane was not entirely in his right mind in this episode (and really, leading up to this one).

Now, Shane wasn't always wrong. I just think the idea was that while he might often know the right answer to a problem, his inability to get others to agree with him, coupled with guilt over killing Otis, coupled with his obsession with Lori, led him to finally snap.

At the end/last night? I agree . . . but generally speaking I don't think he was bonkers. When he blasted the walkers in the barn he did what needed to be done and he did what no one else wanted to do. Had Shane been with Rick, Hershall and Glenn when Randall and his buddies were blasting them? Shane would have popped Randall instead of dragging him off the fence. I'm not sure how guilty he felt about Otis because that was also necessary in order for him to keep Carl alive. To me, anyway, it was more of a sudden snap last night rather than he was nutso all along. And yeah, he may have gone about getting people to see his pov poorly but his actions did save people's lives.

I still don't get the whole obsession thing with Lori. They made it clear in previous episodes that there wasn't anything between the two of them until after Rick was in a coma in the hospital and they thought he was dead. Unless there was on Shane's end and I missed that. I also didn't like how Rick ended up treating Shane . . . it was as if he was talking to a child (it's my way or nothing, you will do as I say, yeah Shane is coming around is what Rick told others) rather than to his partner/adult. It often seemed to me that he spoke to Shane as a child and to Carl as an adult.

Otis could have left Shane to die and didn't. Remember, Shane was injured. He could have just as easily given himself to the walkers and let Otis take the life saving equipment for Carl. Nope, Shane was evil.

Well Otis was the one who shot Carl in the first place, why should Shane sacrifice himself for Otis's mistake?

Ok I still don't understand why Rick killed Shane. I know Shane was all anger ball and crazy and yeah, he was pointing his gun at Rick. BUT . . Shane was his partner, his bud and Rick is a COP for crying out loud. I would have thought he'd try to get the gun from Shane and then the group could nurse him back to mental health. Oh, what am I saying? What kind of boring tv that would make! :lol:

I don't like that Shane is gone either but Shane was pointing a gun at him, and he wanted to take everything Rick had, Lori, Carl, the new baby etc. when another man wants to take your family from you, you have to act.

Ok I still don't understand why Rick killed Shane. I know Shane was all anger ball and crazy and yeah, he was pointing his gun at Rick. BUT . . Shane was his partner, his bud and Rick is a COP for crying out loud. I would have thought he'd try to get the gun from Shane and then the group could nurse him back to mental health. Oh, what am I saying? What kind of boring tv that would make! :lol:

I don't like that Shane is gone either but Shane was pointing a gun at him, and he wanted to take everything Rick had, Lori, Carl, the new baby etc. when another man wants to take your family from you, you have to act.

Side note: Next week looks like one for the books? HG, you still prefer a fight btw Rick's group and the other group or Rick's group and a herd of Walkers?

Truth be told Shane would have been very helpful in the upcoming fight!

Side note: Next week looks like one for the books? HG, you still prefer a fight btw Rick's group and the other group or Rick's group and a herd of Walkers?

At this point its best for the group to avoid a fight with the other group, now that Shane and Dale are dead they would get routed if they had to go into combat with the other group, they would stand a better chance against the Walkers, thats where it looks like they are heading anyways, that herd of walkers is descending right on that farm.

If you'll remember, he had that conversation with Lori where she compared how Rick felt about doing anything to protect his family to how Shane felt about Lori and Carl, and that he thought the baby was going to be his. Rick already had an idea that Shane being around was dangerous. I think he tried to smooth things over but it was always in his mind that things were reaching a head and one of them would probably end up dead.

Yeah, I get all that. What I'm not getting is that Shane and Lori did not have anything going on prior to this whole apocalypse, right? They think Rick is dead so they hook up what, once or twice and suddenly Shane is all bug-eyed in love with Lori? That's what I never quite got. Whether it was the acting or the writing or both . . .don't know. I guess a larger part of his silent, brooding anger and good-ole boy bullying was because Rick came back and he could no longer have Lori? And whatever Lori felt for Shane was just an 'in the moment' type thing once Rick came back. I just figured that once Rick returned that Shane would realize that Lori and Carl were not his responsibility any more. I just didn't think they portrayed Shane's angst over all things Lori very well or at least, I didn't see it as such a driving reason behind Shane's angerball behavior. They could have made it more clear rather than going the (to me) subtle route. I surmised that Shane's behavior was due to his feelings for Lori, and her lack of feelings returned, but was never really sure, you know?

You killed Otis...Strike 1
You tried to kill me....Strike 2
You try to kill me again...Strike 3. Okay, you're officially more trouble then your worth, you need to die now.

And Shane died in the comic so they kept true to that part of the story.

I still think that Rick could have tried harder with Shane and I still find it odd that he could make the decision to murder Shane but not Randall. Ah well!

Having said all that? The Rick of six months ago would have saved Shane but Rick has changed from that person who he was, as have the others. They don't have a choice, do they?

At this point its best for the group to avoid a fight with the other group, now that Shane and Dale are dead they would get routed if they had to go into combat with the other group, they would stand a better chance against the Walkers, thats where it looks like they are heading anyways, that herd of walkers is descending right on that farm.

We won't see the other group until next season and they will be run by the Governor!

We won't see the other group until next season and they will be run by the Governor!
We all know some characters aren't going to make it. Who gets bitten killed on the season 2 finale? Here is what I think

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)
Carl (they are not killing 2 kids in one show)
Lori (Too taboo to kill pregnant women)
Glenn (He has a big storyline)

More likely to live than die:
Daryl (Fan favorite)
Maggie (I think they will want to build on the Glenn/Maggie relationship)
Andrea (A main character, they already killed off Dale and Shane, I don't think they will kill another character)

Less Likely to live:
Herschel (He is a good character and I think the producers know that, but then again, he seems like a stubborn man ready to do anything to protect his farm)
T-Dogg (He really didn't have a big role or story this season. He was mainly in the background or a no show. Sees like a logical choice to kill off. Althrough they could be saving a good storyline for him for next season, just like they did for Glenn Season 2)
Herschel's Other Daughter (They might keep her around or they might let her die. Not a big character)

Human Happy:
Otis's Wife (Background character who is Walker food)
Carol (Without a daughter, I see them knocking her off. I actually like her character, so I am sorry to see her go)

We all know some characters aren't going to make it. Who gets bitten killed on the season 2 finale? Here is what I think

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)
Andrea (A main character, they already killed off Dale and Shane, I don't think they will kill another character)

Less Likely to live:
Herschel (He is a good character and I think the producers know that, but then again, he seems like a stubborn man ready to do anything to protect his farm)
T-Dogg (He really didn't have a big role or story this season. He was mainly in the background or a no show. Sees like a logical choice to kill off. Althrough they could be saving a good storyline for him for next season, just like they did for Glenn Season 2)
Herschel's Other Daughter (They might keep her around or they might let her die. Not a big character)

Human Happy:
Carol (Without a daughter, I see them knocking her off. I actually like her character, so I am sorry to see her go)

Yeah I think Herschel is going to make his last stand at his farm, I can also see Carol dying, Otis's wife, step son, maybe T Dog too, they are going to take some heavy losses.

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)

Less Likely to live:

Human Happy:

Yeah I think Herschel is going to make his last stand at his farm, I can also see Carol dying, Otis's wife, step son, maybe T Dog too, they are going to take some heavy losses.

I forgot about Jim. He is Walker food foresure. It if was up to me I would have it this way.

Live:
Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Herschel, Andrea, Daryl, T-Dog

Kill:
Lori (hate her character), Carol (seem like time for her to go, although I like her character), Jim, Herschel's other daughter and Otis's widow

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)

Less Likely to live:

Human Happy:

I forgot about Jim. He is Walker food foresure. It if was up to me I would have it this way.

Live:

Kill:
Lori (hate her character), Carol (seem like time for her to go, although I like her character), Jim, Herschel's other daughter and Otis's widow

Even though we are losing alot of cast members now this opens the door for new characters next season, and maybe some character development on T Dog if he makes it past next week, it would be cool if they run into some survivors from the Miltary, alot of those guys seem to have died in the initial assault.

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)

Less Likely to live:

Human Happy:

They wouldn't have to take such heavy losses if they all can get in the house, lock the doors and stay as quiet as they can. Thinking back to the first season with the black guy and his son locked up in the house. Sorry, I can't remember their names. Anywho ... the walkers zombied around ... mindless and hungry but they never broke into the house. I'm thinking guns will be blazing on the farm and all hell is going to break loose.

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)

Less Likely to live:

Human Happy:

Live:

Kill:

The only thing I would change would be that Carol lives. I don't mind her so much.

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)

Less Likely to live:

Human Happy:

They wouldn't have to take such heavy losses if they all can get in the house, lock the doors and stay as quiet as they can. Thinking back to the first season with the black guy and his son locked up in the house. Sorry, I can't remember their names. Anywho ... the walkers zombied around ... mindless and hungry but they never broke into the house. I'm thinking guns will be blazing on the farm and all hell is going to break loose.

That is a possibility, however I think the Walkers are going to chase Rick, Carl, Glen and Daryl back to the house so they know they are in there, plus the Black guy and his son never really had a herd of walkers this size come around their house. I think you are right in the fact that all hell is going to break loose and there is going to be a massive fire fight.

Save bet to live:
Rick (Main character)

Daryl (Fan favorite)

Less Likely to live:

Human Happy:

Live:

Kill:

Who's Jim? Wasn't he the one they left on the side of the road?

Except for Maggie, Herhsall's family is totally background to me. The one guy was hammering boards on the house and a blond walked by . . . . I'm like 'who are they again'? lol

Live:

Kill:

Who's Jim? Wasn't he the one they left on the side of the road?

Except for Maggie, Herhsall's family is totally background to me. The one guy was hammering boards on the house and a blond walked by . . . . I'm like 'who are they again'? lol

I have a feeling Herschel and most of his family will die this Sunday, except for Maggie and maybe her sister.

The Gang of 30 pulls up in the middle of the fire fight.

All but Rick and the male leader of the rogue gang are killed, they wander aimlessly until they land at at Starbucks that has a TV that plays one rerun of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" over and over and over, they decide to redecorate the coffee shop.

In the middle of the night zombies come in and tell them, "We love what you've done with the place! And on such a small budget!!"

At the end/last night? I agree . . . but generally speaking I don't think he was bonkers. When he blasted the walkers in the barn he did what needed to be done and he did what no one else wanted to do. Had Shane been with Rick, Hershall and Glenn when Randall and his buddies were blasting them? Shane would have popped Randall instead of dragging him off the fence. I'm not sure how guilty he felt about Otis because that was also necessary in order for him to keep Carl alive. To me, anyway, it was more of a sudden snap last night rather than he was nutso all along. And yeah, he may have gone about getting people to see his pov poorly but his actions did save people's lives.

I still don't get the whole obsession thing with Lori. They made it clear in previous episodes that there wasn't anything between the two of them until after Rick was in a coma in the hospital and they thought he was dead. Unless there was on Shane's end and I missed that. I also didn't like how Rick ended up treating Shane . . . it was as if he was talking to a child (it's my way or nothing, you will do as I say, yeah Shane is coming around is what Rick told others) rather than to his partner/adult. It often seemed to me that he spoke to Shane as a child and to Carl as an adult.

Otis could have left Shane to die and didn't. Remember, Shane was injured. He could have just as easily given himself to the walkers and let Otis take the life saving equipment for Carl. Nope, Shane was evil.

Well Otis was the one who shot Carl in the first place, why should Shane sacrifice himself for Otis's mistake?

Otis shot the deer, the bullet went through the deer and hit Carl, how was Otis suppose to know people were standing so close to the deer? Remember, we got walkers......

Bet it'll be a pretty lean winter with their prime hunter gone.

So instead, Shane shoots Otis, and not even dead, he shoots him in the leg so that he will suffer a HORRIBLE death. Meanwhile Shane limps on out of there and back to the farm. This to the guy who when Shane was injured, refused to leave him to the walkers.

I sure don't want you at my back in the apocolypse...you'll stab my back and take my food and somehow think you are justified.

Shane never had anyone's back but his own.

Forum List

Back