The Walking Dead

So Rick can't shoot the kid Randall, even though Randall admitted to the rape of two girls by his group, even though the group he was with was trying to kill Rick, Hershall and Glenn, even though Randall was shooting at them and even though the group was only 5 miles away and well armed but Rick can kill (knife, no less) his partner and best bud Shane because Shane could do what Rick couldn't?

:cuckoo:

(nice run on sentence up there, eh? lol)

One of the best I've ever read. Now lemme go back and read it again.

So Rick can't shoot the kid Randall, even though Randall admitted to the rape of two girls by his group, even though the group he was with was trying to kill Rick, Hershall and Glenn, even though Randall was shooting at them and even though the group was only 5 miles away and well armed but Rick can kill (knife, no less) his partner and best bud Shane because Shane could do what Rick couldn't?

Different scenarios.
Rick saved the kid, brought him back and then thought about whether to kill him or not. Last night his survival instincts kicked in, knowing what a nutcase Shane was.

At least that's my take on it.

He's dead now and it doesn't matter, but I was pretty pissed off when Lori went to Shane apologizing to him and then to say she didn't know who the baby belonged to. Talk about giving him some amunition. But again ... makes no difference now.

Yeah her unloading all that shit on Shane probably made her feel good but it fucked with Shane's head even more, I have to say I am sad Shane is gone, he was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Sorry HG.
That's how I was feeling last Sunday when Dale bought the farm.
Last night I celebrated. Then thought .... hmmmmm .... what new (old) characters will be coming into play now?

Yeah I think we are going to see a few more characters die next week when the Walkers storm the farm, I think Herschel is going to stay and die fighting for his farm.

Well to be fair Shane was trying to kill Rick first, Rick had to do it, Shane wanted Ricks wife and kids, and was growing more angry and resentful by the day.

Different scenarios.
Rick saved the kid, brought him back and then thought about whether to kill him or not. Last night his survival instincts kicked in, knowing what a nutcase Shane was.

I don't think Shane was bonkers, I think Shane had the balls and mentality to do what needed to be done in order to see that the group survived and survival is the only thing that matters at this particular point. I understand Dale's and Rick's whole 'we can't lose our humanity' pov but . . . until a cure or a lessening of the walker situation occurs nothing should stand in the way of surviving. Rick's mistake was not shooting the kid when the kid was impaled on the fence. And this coming from someone who really, really disliked Shane at the end of season one. Hmmm, guess I changed my mind there! :lol:

Ah well, I figured Shane was going to get knocked off at some point because people had posted that's what happened in the comic. I hope no one posts anymore from the comics cause I don't want to have an inkling . . I want to be surprised by it all.

He's dead now and it doesn't matter, but I was pretty pissed off when Lori went to Shane apologizing to him and then to say she didn't know who the baby belonged to. Talk about giving him some amunition. But again ... makes no difference now.

Especially after that scene with her husband where she was complaining about Shane and saying that baby was her husband's....what is that girl playing at?

Different scenarios.

I don't think Shane was bonkers, I think Shane had the balls and mentality to do what needed to be done in order to see that the group survived and survival is the only thing that matters at this particular point. I understand Dale's and Rick's whole 'we can't lose our humanity' pov but . . . until a cure or a lessening of the walker situation occurs nothing should stand in the way of surviving. Rick's mistake was not shooting the kid when the kid was impaled on the fence. And this coming from someone who really, really disliked Shane at the end of season one. Hmmm, guess I changed my mind there! :lol:

Ah well, I figured Shane was going to get knocked off at some point because people had posted that's what happened in the comic. I hope no one posts anymore from the comics cause I don't want to have an inkling . . I want to be surprised by it all.

Actually, I think they pretty clearly attempted to show that Shane was losing it. Look at the scene in the barn before he let the kid go.....the head slapping he did before putting the gun to the kid's head, the panting, I think he was even drooling a bit at one point.....all of that pointed to a man who was losing control of himself. And, of course, his actions afterward pretty much screamed unhinged. Thinking there was any chance of getting away with murdering Rick and returning to the group, after everything that had gone on before, was pretty loopy. The haphazard way he went about it didn't help, either. No, IMO, the writers/director very much were saying that Shane was not entirely in his right mind in this episode (and really, leading up to this one).

Now, Shane wasn't always wrong. I just think the idea was that while he might often know the right answer to a problem, his inability to get others to agree with him, coupled with guilt over killing Otis, coupled with his obsession with Lori, led him to finally snap.

Different scenarios.

Actually, I think they pretty clearly attempted to show that Shane was losing it. Look at the scene in the barn before he let the kid go.....the head slapping he did before putting the gun to the kid's head, the panting, I think he was even drooling a bit at one point.....all of that pointed to a man who was losing control of himself. And, of course, his actions afterward pretty much screamed unhinged. Thinking there was any chance of getting away with murdering Rick and returning to the group, after everything that had gone on before, was pretty loopy. The haphazard way he went about it didn't help, either. No, IMO, the writers/director very much were saying that Shane was not entirely in his right mind in this episode (and really, leading up to this one).

Now, Shane wasn't always wrong. I just think the idea was that while he might often know the right answer to a problem, his inability to get others to agree with him, coupled with guilt over killing Otis, coupled with his obsession with Lori, led him to finally snap.

The way Shane was acting reminded me a Military Veteran who had PTSD, as matter a fact with all the shit he went through, he probably did. Rick was in a coma for a month and missed out on alot of the shit Shane had to go through.

Different scenarios.

At the end/last night? I agree . . . but generally speaking I don't think he was bonkers. When he blasted the walkers in the barn he did what needed to be done and he did what no one else wanted to do. Had Shane been with Rick, Hershall and Glenn when Randall and his buddies were blasting them? Shane would have popped Randall instead of dragging him off the fence. I'm not sure how guilty he felt about Otis because that was also necessary in order for him to keep Carl alive. To me, anyway, it was more of a sudden snap last night rather than he was nutso all along. And yeah, he may have gone about getting people to see his pov poorly but his actions did save people's lives.

I still don't get the whole obsession thing with Lori. They made it clear in previous episodes that there wasn't anything between the two of them until after Rick was in a coma in the hospital and they thought he was dead. Unless there was on Shane's end and I missed that. I also didn't like how Rick ended up treating Shane . . . it was as if he was talking to a child (it's my way or nothing, you will do as I say, yeah Shane is coming around is what Rick told others) rather than to his partner/adult. It often seemed to me that he spoke to Shane as a child and to Carl as an adult.

Shane got his, about time. So what is the story on becoming a walker without being bitten? That's a twist I wasn't expecting.

From what I read on wikipedia about WD, that is what happened. Shane's dead corpse that Carl killed was how they found out.

They foreshadowed this when they showed the two dead cops when they went to drop off Randall the first time. No bite marks!

That is because the liberal Dale would have agreed with killing Shane, but not with killing a real danger in Randall!

Did I have to bring politics in! Opps! :redface:

At the end/last night? I agree . . . but generally speaking I don't think he was bonkers. When he blasted the walkers in the barn he did what needed to be done and he did what no one else wanted to do. Had Shane been with Rick, Hershall and Glenn when Randall and his buddies were blasting them? Shane would have popped Randall instead of dragging him off the fence. I'm not sure how guilty he felt about Otis because that was also necessary in order for him to keep Carl alive. To me, anyway, it was more of a sudden snap last night rather than he was nutso all along. And yeah, he may have gone about getting people to see his pov poorly but his actions did save people's lives.

I still don't get the whole obsession thing with Lori. They made it clear in previous episodes that there wasn't anything between the two of them until after Rick was in a coma in the hospital and they thought he was dead. Unless there was on Shane's end and I missed that. I also didn't like how Rick ended up treating Shane . . . it was as if he was talking to a child (it's my way or nothing, you will do as I say, yeah Shane is coming around is what Rick told others) rather than to his partner/adult. It often seemed to me that he spoke to Shane as a child and to Carl as an adult.

Otis could have left Shane to die and didn't. Remember, Shane was injured. He could have just as easily given himself to the walkers and let Otis take the life saving equipment for Carl. Nope, Shane was evil.

The whole Shane vs. everyone was getting old...but damn....killing off his character completely? Don't understand that move.
I would have had him kidnap Carl, believing only he could protect him, and go find another group. That would have made a few interesting shows.

Shane got his, about time. So what is the story on becoming a walker without being bitten? That's a twist I wasn't expecting.

From what I read on wikipedia about WD, that is what happened. Shane's dead corpse that Carl killed was how they found out.

They foreshadowed this when they showed the two dead cops when they went to drop off Randall the first time. No bite marks!

I think the virus can spread via direct blood contact. Remember last week when Shane sliced his hand open and smeared blood on the inside of the bus door and the walkers blood and goo and slime got all over it then Shane kept doing it? The virus entered his blood stream then. At least that's what I think. Did Randall have any cuts because he was pounding on one of the walkers at the school too.

I wonder . . . if someone is infected with the virus do they slowly go insane first, showing oddball behavior? Or was that just Shane pining away for Lori and Lori blowing him off (and not in the good way!)

Ok I still don't understand why Rick killed Shane. I know Shane was all anger ball and crazy and yeah, he was pointing his gun at Rick. BUT . . Shane was his partner, his bud and Rick is a COP for crying out loud. I would have thought he'd try to get the gun from Shane and then the group could nurse him back to mental health. Oh, what am I saying? What kind of boring tv that would make! :lol:

That is because the liberal Dale would have agreed with killing Shane, but not with killing a real danger in Randall!

Did I have to bring politics in! Opps! :redface:

:lol: :lol:

Ok I still don't understand why Rick killed Shane. I know Shane was all anger ball and crazy and yeah, he was pointing his gun at Rick. BUT . . Shane was his partner, his bud and Rick is a COP for crying out loud. I would have thought he'd try to get the gun from Shane and then the group could nurse him back to mental health. Oh, what am I saying? What kind of boring tv that would make! :lol:

If you'll remember, he had that conversation with Lori where she compared how Rick felt about doing anything to protect his family to how Shane felt about Lori and Carl, and that he thought the baby was going to be his. Rick already had an idea that Shane being around was dangerous. I think he tried to smooth things over but it was always in his mind that things were reaching a head and one of them would probably end up dead.

Me and the wife think Shane was a carrier. He had to have touched the gang kid's wrist abrasions.

Rumor has it on another board, I haven't read the comics, is that the CDC doctor whispered to Rick that everyone already had a low level infection and would turn when they died.

Basically a living person was healthy enough to keep the low level virus in remission, but when they died it activates. A guess a bite, which is a massive direct infusion of the virus, then overwhelms the bodies immune system generating an early turn.

>>>>
That certainly sounds reasonable. :clap2:

You killed Otis...Strike 1
You tried to kill me....Strike 2
You try to kill me again...Strike 3. Okay, you're officially more trouble then your worth, you need to die now.

Forum List

Back