Will Trump Replace JD Vance?

BS, how can anyone in their right mind want her as President, and him as VP, unless that is how far this country has been morally corrupted, enough to accept pure communism
There it is again. I was waiting for it. COMMUNISM. You're just like by brainwashed buddy at the dog park. He started calling us communists and we kept asking him how/why are we communists and he couldn't answer. Can you?

Oh yea, price controls. Well what would you do to stop the gouging?

There it is again. I was waiting for it. COMMUNISM. You're just like by brainwashed buddy at the dog park. He started calling us communists and we kept asking him how/why are we communists and he couldn't answer. Can you?

Come up with economic policies to stop inflation you friggin idiot, Venezuela tried price fixing and inflation rose

Come up with economic policies to stop inflation you friggin idiot, Venezuela tried price fixing and inflation rose 1300% you idiot

Republicans forget government is the referee between corporations and workers/consumers. Just because the government steps in, that doesn't make it a communist country.

You republicans have real weak arguments. Take for example the border. We need those workers dude.

Or this issue. Inflation slowed to its lowest level since early 2021 last month, the Labor Department announced on Wednesday. Prices climbed by an annual rate of 2.9 percent, inching closer to the Fed's 2 percent target, and price growth in “core” segments of the economy also softened.

You're complaining about something Biden already fixed. Why don't you focus on something Biden hasn't fixed like crime

Why? Because it's an election year.

Republicans forget government is the referee between corporations and workers/consumers. Just because the government steps in, that doesn't make it a communist country.

You republicans have real weak arguments. Take for example the border. We need those workers dude.

Or this issue. Inflation slowed to its lowest level since early 2021 last month, the Labor Department announced on Wednesday. Prices climbed by an annual rate of 2.9 percent, inching closer to the Fed's 2 percent target, and price growth in “core” segments of the economy also softened.

You're complaining about something Biden already fixed. Why don't you focus on something Biden hasn't fixed like crime

Why? Because it's an election year.
For God's sake man, even the most liberal paper in the country called it idiotic, I also noticed you glossed right over the story about Venezuela. You should not even be allowed to vote

In communism, the government dictates economic structure!

For God's sake man, even the most liberal paper in the country called it idiotic, I also noticed you glossed right over the story about Venezuela. You should not even be allowed to vote
There is no such thing as a liberal newspaper. They don't exist anymore. Newspapers endorse Trump. Who reads newspapers? Old men. Rich men Gtfo

What do I care what Venesuela tried and failed at? Not apples to apples. Now I got to go research to learn all about Venesuela? GTFO weirdo

Friggin Commie!

Are us liberals commies when we break up your monopolies? Because monopolies are a big problem in capitalism. Government has to occasionally step in.

It's not communism. It's well regulated capitalism.

you need an education

Are us liberals commies when we break up your monopolies? Because monopolies are a big problem in capitalism. Government has to occasionally step in.

It's not communism. It's well regulated capitalism.

you need an education
Communism! The very idea of Laissez-Faire Capitalism is growth. I support unfettered growth.

That's why you are okay with price gouging and paying employees as little as possible.
It's a little concept you are totally uneducated about, since you never owned or managed any private sector business called PROFIT AND LOSS. Businesses don't exist to provide jobs and bennies for people, they exist for one sole purpose. And that is to make as much money as possible. They don't exist just to break even, either. Businesses MUST, by their very nature, show weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual profits in order to justify their existence. And guess what the #1 cost for any business is? Yep. Labor. Increase labor cost and you either cut staffing or raise prices to cover the cost. Oh, and did I mention the myriad of confiscatory taxes and stifling regulations contribute to higher product costs, and not price gouging? Yep, there's that government meddling again. Admit it, Boo boo. You are a Soviet Style Communist that wants full 100% government takeover of the private sector just like every other Leftist scumbag in the world.

It's a little concept you are totally uneducated about, since you never owned or managed any private sector business called PROFIT AND LOSS. Businesses don't exist to provide jobs and bennies for people, they exist for one sole purpose. And that is to make as much money as possible. They don't exist just to break even, either. Businesses MUST, by their very nature, show weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual profits in order to justify their existence. And guess what the #1 cost for any business is? Yep. Labor. Increase labor cost and you either cut staffing or raise prices to cover the cost. Oh, and did I mention the myriad of confiscatory taxes and stifling regulations contribute to higher product costs, and not price gouging? Yep, there's that government meddling again. Admit it, Boo boo. You are a Soviet Style Communist that wants full 100% government takeover of the private sector just like every other Leftist scumbag in the world.

Actually, you are wrong because in America, business has to also benefit America in some way. Like, pay employees a fair wage, pay your taxes, etc.

But yes, your business only cares about maximizing profits. That means you don't care about global warming, worker safety, hiring illegals, sending jobs overseas, not pay your fair share in taxes.
But also in some ways you are wrong. I've heard managers at Ford say making cars is just an excuse to do business. In other words, look at all the people who work at Ford that have nothing to do with making or selling cars. How many people work in Ford's HR department? Most of them could be let go tomorrow.

And then you make me remember a time when Democrats wanted to end some military contracts with companies who's technology is so outdated, we will never use their weapons ever again. Then Republicans cried about all the jobs down south that will be lost if the place closes. So we have a lot of military manufacturers all over the country where we don't really need their products. If you really want to run America like a business, I know a bunch of weapons manufacturers we could cut off today. Big tanks.

After receiving millions in campaign donations from the defense industry, members of the House committee overseeing Pentagon spending added provisions to an upcoming bill that would allow contractors more leeway in charging the Defense Department.

year after military contractors were caught dramatically overcharging the Pentagon, a bipartisan group of lawmakers who’ve been showered with campaign donations from the military industry is pushing a bill to make it even easier for those companies to rip off the Defense Department, according to our review of the bill.

After receiving more than $3.8 million in 2024 campaign donations from political action committees and individuals associated with the military industry, members of the House committee overseeing Pentagon spending just inserted two provisions into an upcoming bill that would exempt many more private products and services from competitive pricing guidelines and provide contractors far more leeway in what they can charge the Defense Department.

Last year’s Pentagon spending bill totaled nearly $884 billion. Over the past decade, more than half of that budget has gone to military contractors, according to an analysis from the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft, a nonprofit think tank. Many of the top military contractors — including Boeing, RTX Corporation, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman — have seen sizable stock-value increases since the war in Gaza began in October 2023 while shooting down shareholder efforts at increased transparency.

The provisions in the 2025 Pentagon spending bill are part of the 344-page National Defense Authorization Act of 2025 (NDAA), an annual piece of legislation that outlines policy and funding for the Defense Department. The provisions in question — Sections 811 and 812 — make good on a wish list of policy changes that many military companies have been lobbying on for years, said Julia Gledhill, a research associate at the Stimson Center, a nonpartisan think tank focused on international security.

“These provisions are terrible policy and [the military] industry might as well have written them,” Gledhill told us. “It’s really clear that [military contractors] don’t want us to know their profit margins, so they’re just trying to further conceal their costs.”

The Pentagon spending bill was drafted by the House Armed Services Committee, which has been a focus of campaign donations from the military industry. So far this election cycle, military industry political action committees and affiliated individuals have given more than $3.8 million to the fifty-eight members of the committee, according to data compiled by OpenSecrets.

Fair share in liberalspeak means marginal and effective tax rates upwards over 100% according to Komrade sealybobo

No. Let me give you two examples.

1. In 40 years CEO pay went up 1322% and your pay went up 18%. You didn't get your fair share.

2. My brother in the last 10 years went from $500K a year to $1 million a year. Did your pay double in the last 10 years? Why did a VP of a fortune 500 make $500K 10 years ago and now makes $1 million? RIddle me that house slave

No. Let me give you two examples.

1. In 40 years CEO pay went up 1322% and your pay went up 18%. You didn't get your fair share.

2. My brother in the last 10 years went from $500K a year to $1 million a year. Did your pay double in the last 10 years? Why did a VP of a fortune 500 make $500K 10 years ago and now makes $1 million? RIddle me that house slave
First of all, whatever is negotiated in top level management is none of your fucking business. Second, I will never begrudge anyone who is LEGALLY endowed with wealth.

First of all, whatever is negotiated in top level management is none of your fucking business. Second, I will never begrudge anyone who is LEGALLY endowed with wealth.

Yes it is my business if I'm in a union. That's the whole point. Labor gets a seat at the table. You don't think they should? That's WEIRD

My brother wasn't LEGALLY ENDOWED. With no union, he and his buddies at the top got to decide what they pay themselves.

You'll love this. The DEI woman who makes double what he makes? Is she endowed or is it just hard to find DEI candidates to hire? And the DEI black guy who took over for my brother who makes QUADRUPLE his pay. He's not endowed either. The employees at that company should unionize.

And if it's none of my business why is it public knowledge how much CEO's are paid?

Forum List

Back