The Walking Dead

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic episode, was on the edge of mah seat the first 30 min or so. Holy shit! Talk about a herd of walkers!
I liked it, but I think I was expecting more. It was somewhat of a let down for me. I still loved the episode and can't wait until season 3!

I thought it was Carol in the RV that got nailed but it was the farm folk.
I was glad my prediction of her dying was wrong. Poor kid in the RV, but has anyone heard of locking the door or rolling up the window! JJJEEEZZUUSSS

Poor Patricia (Hershel's wife).
Yep, I called that one!

Lori is displeased with the Rickster for offing Shane
I have to say what a bitch. They just went through hell and she can't be a little nice and understanding. She even said Shane was a problem that need to be taken care of. Rick told her that Shane brought him into the forest to kill him. WTF. If she is made that Carl killed the Walker Shane. Again, JJJJEEEZZZUUSSS. That is a good think. In this world he needs to know how to kill Walkers!

What the HECK saved Andrea but more than that . . .what the effing eff was on the the end of those chains? THEIR ARMS WERE CUT OFF! :eek: :eek:
It was Michonne, supposedly she was a fan favorite from the comic. From I read, the writers got tons of fan mail requesting the bring her in. She sounds like a bad ass character!

Michonne (Comic Series) - Walking Dead Wiki

The 'fortress' they showed at the end . . . .are the hooded person's people there and/or Randall's people? Wouldn't Hershal know about it since it's near his home? Will Morgan and his son be there? It's safe because of the stone wall.
They are following the comic. In the comic the next safe stop was the prison. They are going to the prison! I think Michonne leads Andrea to the prison. I think Morgan (the black guy from the 1st episode) will be there!

The guy at the CDC told Rick that everyone was already infected. Why didn't people who died early turn? The virus mutated so now you turn whenever you die?
That about sums it up!

SEVEN FREAKIN' MONTHS TILL SEASON THREE! Aaaaggghhhh!
I know it seems like a long time!

I'm glad the old guy with the RV is dead. He was so annoying. In a world full of new and unclaimed RVs, he wanted to drive around his old piece of junk that was a challenge just to keep running.

A little slow there douche bag he was killed three weeks back!

Last edited:
I think the short seasons really hurts this show. It's still tons of fun to watch, but they seem to feel the need to cram changes in character interactions into episodes.

Fuck Lori. How dare she get all self-righteous about Rick killing Shane? Hell, it's at least partly her own fault for going on about how dangerous he was to them! And Shane planned to kill Rick, so he got what was coming to him, no doubt.

I can understand a little upset about Rick not telling them, but really, are they happier knowing they will turn when they die?

Why did everyone suddenly decide Rick can't lead them? Before they found out about Shane, suddenly he's not good enough? That needed some build up, I realize they just went through all that hell at the farm, but changing the dynamic from Rick being the leader and everyone but Shane (and maybe Andrea) being pretty strongly behind him, to everyone in the group except maybe Hershel and Daryl that quickly just struck me as sloppy writing.

When I saw the prison I could have slapped myself. Duh! Such an obvious place to go for security, how could I have not thought of it?

The hooded person with the chained walkers....are they tame? I get that they don't have arms, but what keeps them from walking up and trying to bite? And why have them at all? Is it a status thing, does going around with walkers fool others into thinking you aren't food, throwing off the scent, or is it just insanity?

It will be a long wait for next season, especially with this sudden suspicion and hostility in the air. I hope they resolve it without ruining the group. It's a good thing Game of Thrones starts in a couple of weeks! :lol:

I think the short seasons really hurts this show. It's still tons of fun to watch, but they seem to feel the need to cram changes in character interactions into episodes.

Fuck Lori. How dare she get all self-righteous about Rick killing Shane? Hell, it's at least partly her own fault for going on about how dangerous he was to them! And Shane planned to kill Rick, so he got what was coming to him, no doubt.

I can understand a little upset about Rick not telling them, but really, are they happier knowing they will turn when they die?

Why did everyone suddenly decide Rick can't lead them? Before they found out about Shane, suddenly he's not good enough? That needed some build up, I realize they just went through all that hell at the farm, but changing the dynamic from Rick being the leader and everyone but Shane (and maybe Andrea) being pretty strongly behind him, to everyone in the group except maybe Hershel and Daryl that quickly just struck me as sloppy writing.

When I saw the prison I could have slapped myself. Duh! Such an obvious place to go for security, how could I have not thought of it?

The hooded person with the chained walkers....are they tame? I get that they don't have arms, but what keeps them from walking up and trying to bite? And why have them at all? Is it a status thing, does going around with walkers fool others into thinking you aren't food, throwing off the scent, or is it just insanity?

It will be a long wait for next season, especially with this sudden suspicion and hostility in the air. I hope they resolve it without ruining the group. It's a good thing Game of Thrones starts in a couple of weeks! :lol:

Lori blows! Now that Dale is gone, she is by far the most annoying character. Read the wikipage on Michonne. According the wikipage, the two Walkers are: (1) Her dead boyfriend and (2) His best friend. She cut their arms off and lower jaws. So they can't grab her or bite her. Maybe even their feeble minds know they can't harm her and it's useless! See the the webpage below.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Michonne_(Comic_Series)

Yes the Game of Thrones will soften the blow of the Walking Dead (and Spartacus) season coming to an end!

Last edited:
Awesome episode! Non-stop stuff for the first 30 minutes.

The "we're all infected" i kinda saw coming from last week. I never expected it to be what Jenner whispered to Rick. Denial i guess. Anyway, this might even help us explain how this all happened. What caused this? Whatever it was, it's an airborne virus. Now, was it terrorism (by a foreign gov't or group) or was it somehow naturally occuring (did it come from space or was it already here on Earth)?

Now...on to the character psych profiles:
Rick needs to take a chill pill and calm down. Getting all dictatorial isn't going to help things.

Lori needs to quit treating Rick like he committed cold-blooded murder. She knew Shane was dangerous. Hell...Dale told her he all but confessed to killing Otis.

Carol needs either quit the victim mentality or go join the Walkers. Whine whine whine is all she seems to know since Sophia was found in the barn and Rick put her down. GET OVER IT!

Hershel & Daryl are probably the only rational ones in the group at this point.

I think i'm done now. :D

Good episode last night, I am glad Hershel is still alive. I am not surprised Lori is upset with Rick for offing Shane, despite all her talk that Shane is bad and has to go she still did love him. The way Rick was talking at the end of the episode about how this wasn't a democracy anymore, reminded me of Shane. I can't wait for season 3.

Awesome episode! Non-stop stuff for the first 30 minutes.

The "we're all infected" i kinda saw coming from last week. I never expected it to be what Jenner whispered to Rick. Denial i guess. Anyway, this might even help us explain how this all happened. What caused this? Whatever it was, it's an airborne virus. Now, was it terrorism (by a foreign gov't or group) or was it somehow naturally occuring (did it come from space or was it already here on Earth)?

Now...on to the character psych profiles:
Rick needs to take a chill pill and calm down. Getting all dictatorial isn't going to help things.

Lori needs to quit treating Rick like he committed cold-blooded murder. She knew Shane was dangerous. Hell...Dale told her he all but confessed to killing Otis.

Carol needs either quit the victim mentality or go join the Walkers. Whine whine whine is all she seems to know since Sophia was found in the barn and Rick put her down. GET OVER IT!

Hershel & Daryl are probably the only rational ones in the group at this point.

I think i'm done now. :D

Great assessment. However, I think Rick is finally taking the right approach, but I think he needs to get more input from Daryl. In war there is a chain of command. There is no Democracy or vote. He needs to treat it that way.

Carol was an abused wife. It's natural for her to go this way. I like her character. Not everyone is tough in zombieland, there are some normal folk!

I think Michonne will be the best character next season. From my understanding she was the best character in the comic!
Lori blows!

Lori blows! Now that Dale is gone, she is by far the most annoying character. Read the wikipage on Michonne. According the wikipage, the two Walkers are: (1) Her dead boyfriend and (2) His best friend. She cut their arms off and lower jaws. So they can't grab her or bite her. Maybe even their feeble minds know they can't harm her and it's useless! See the the webpage below.

Michonne (Comic Series) - Walking Dead Wiki

Yes the Game of Thrones will soften the blow of the Walking Dead (and Spartacus) season coming to an end!

The whole arms cut off thing totally and completely creeps me out. Not so much that it was done to walkers (although why you'd want to do that to a walker who was a loved one is beyond me), but what if someone did that to a non-walker? :eek: (I know there's no reason to, just can't help but let my mind wander there.)

A prison . . .like DUH!, I didn't think it was a prison. Out in the middle of farm country my mind just didn't go there. Of course that would be the perfect place to stay safe!

I was not expecting Lori to react they way she did . . I actually thought she was going to throw up after Rick told her that Carl killed walker Shane. She's just pissed cause now she doesn't have a back up in case something happens to Rick. lol

Good episode last night, I am glad Hershel is still alive. I am not surprised Lori is upset with Rick for offing Shane, despite all her talk that Shane is bad and has to go she still did love him. The way Rick was talking at the end of the episode about how this wasn't a democracy anymore, reminded me of Shane. I can't wait for season 3.

I thought it was a little of a let down, but it was still great. I think it will be about time they tie up two loose ends. Merle and Morgan!

I forgot all about the Hispanic family from season 1. Remember they decided to part from the group. You wonder if they comeback? Unlike Merle and Morgan, people seem to have forgotten them.

Also the Latinos in the nursing home? What about them. They seemed to have holed up pretty well, but in Alanta there were a lot of Walkers. Maybe the Walkers moved on and they were the smart ones? You never know, but the leader seemed like a pretty interesting character.

Obviously the other dangerous group will be the Governor's group. Will be interesting to see next season!

Oh and Carol? I think her reaction and answers to questions that Daryl asks make Daryl stop and think . . . makes him give pause. He comes off as bad-assy, not going to care about anyone so he doesn't get hurt but . . she sees that he has a big heart and what he needs (wants) is to open it up and care. She's slowly chipping away at his tough exterior, imo.

I thought it was a little of a let down, but it was still great. I think it will be about time they tie up two loose ends. Merle and Morgan!

I forgot all about the Hispanic family from season 1. Remember they decided to part from the group. You wonder if they comeback? Unlike Merle and Morgan, people seem to have forgotten them.

Also the Latinos in the nursing home? What about them. They seemed to have holed up pretty well, but in Alanta there were a lot of Walkers. Maybe the Walkers moved on and they were the smart ones? You never know, but the leader seemed like a pretty interesting character.

Obviously the other dangerous group will be the Governor's group. Will be interesting to see next season!

I would like to see Morgan and his son come back, and I would like to see Merle re-appear as well, hopefully thats something they do in season 3. I am not sure we will see the Hispanic gang from Atlanta again, and as far as the Hispanic family from season 1 I don't know, they said they were on their way to Birmingham, not sure if we will see them again either, I think we are going to see alot of new faces in the next season. Also I would like to hear an explanation behind the helicopters that Rick saw in Atlanta.

Oh and Carol? I think her reaction and answers to questions that Daryl asks make Daryl stop and think . . . makes him give pause. He comes off as bad-assy, not going to care about anyone so he doesn't get hurt but . . she sees that he has a big heart and what he needs (wants) is to open it up and care. She's slowly chipping away at his tough exterior, imo.

I am glad Darly is sticking behind Rick, and said he does have honor, Rick is going to badly need Darly's help as his number 2 man, especially since alot of people seem pissed with Rick for not telling them what Jenner said about the virus.

The overall writing has a very David Chase Soprano's "Not every story has to arc" feel to it, not sure any of the characters we've met will return.

Yes, prison, ironically is exactly the type of a stronghold Rick described.

Why did the Zombies attack the farm in such large numbers? Was it just to get them off the farm or is this the start of some Borg-like organization to them

The overall writing has a very David Chase Soprano's "Not every story has to arc" feel to it, not sure any of the characters we've met will return.

Yes, prison, ironically is exactly the type of a stronghold Rick described.

Why did the Zombies attack the farm in such large numbers? Was it just to get them off the farm or is this the start of some Borg-like organization to them

The prison is perfect, as long as they sweep it they can lock it down and post guards on the towers, no humans or walkers will be able to get in there.

I would like to see Morgan and his son come back, and I would like to see Merle re-appear as well, hopefully thats something they do in season 3. I am not sure we will see the Hispanic gang from Atlanta again, and as far as the Hispanic family from season 1 I don't know, they said they were on their way to Birmingham, not sure if we will see them again either, I think we are going to see alot of new faces in the next season. Also I would like to hear an explanation behind the helicopters that Rick saw in Atlanta.

My guess:
(1) Rick's crew search for gas and finds the prison in episode 1.
(2) To Rick's delight Morgan is there. However, Duane is not. He was bitten and is a Walker somewhere.
(3) We never learn the fate of the Hispanic Family.
(4) Merle joins up with the Governor crew.
(5) Michonne leads Andrea to the prison.
(6) Andrea has resentment for being left behind.
(7) Rick, Michonne and maybe Daryl see the chopper in the air and see it crash. They go out to investigate and are captured by the Governor.
(8) They torture Rick and the other's for information on their safehouse.
(9) We find out the Atlanta Latinos become victims of Governor and his gang. The leader of the Latinos is in whatever cell they lock up Rick in.
(10) Merle helps them escape.
(11) The battle that High Gravity was hoping for at the end of the Season 2 between the Living happens at the Prison.

Last edited:

My guess:
(1) The Rick crew finds search for gas and finds the prison in episode 1.
(2) To Rick's delight Morgan is there. However, Duane is not. He was bitten and is a Walker somewhere.
(3) We never learn the fate of the Hispanic Family.
(4) Merle joins up with the Governor crew.
(5) Michonne leads Andrea to the prison.
(6) Andrea has resentment for being left behind.
(7) Rick, Michonne and maybe Daryl see the chopper in the air and see it crash. They go out to investigate and are captured by the Governor.
(8) They torture Rick and the other's for information on their safehouse.
(9) We find out the Atlanta Latinos become victims of Governor and his gang. The leader of the Latinos is in whatever cell they lock up Rick in.
(10) Merle helps them escape.
(11) The battle that High Gravity was hoping for at the end of the Season 2 between the Living happens at the Prison.

I think you might be spot on with your predictions, but I hope the group gets some new people because right now they are not going to be able to go to war with any kind of group, not enough people or ammo. Maybe they'll find a couple Correctional Officers that stayed behind that are armed as well.

Okay, here's my take ...

First, I was really kind of hoping for a season finally that left me saying ... "I can't wait for October!" I didn't get that.

During Rick's talk about finding a secure place, why didn't Hershel say ... "Hey ... we got a prison right around the corner. Let's check that place out."

I thought the attack on the farm was good. Again though ... like I said last week ... it' was too bad they couldn't have just hid quiet in the house. Besides Rick and Carl grabbing their attention, the walkers would have continued herding on their way.

I did enjoy the scene when everyone (except Andrea) showed up back on the highway. But why the camera pan to Sophia's name on the windshield. What was the significance?

Lori can blow it. She sucks big .... I won't finish that sentence.
First it's .... Shane is dangerous. He thinks the baby is his. Something needs to be done ... to ... I'm sorry Shane, I don't know who's baby it is .... to .... SHOCK! ... SPEECHLESS SHOCK! ... you killed Shane?!? The possible father of my child?!?
Whatevah!!!

Okay, here's my take ...

First, I was really kind of hoping for a season finally that left me saying ... "I can't wait for October!" I didn't get that.

During Rick's talk about finding a secure place, why didn't Hershel say ... "Hey ... we got a prison right around the corner. Let's check that place out."

I thought the attack on the farm was good. Again though ... like I said last week ... it' was too bad they couldn't have just hid quiet in the house. Besides Rick and Carl grabbing their attention, the walkers would have continued herding on their way.

I did enjoy the scene when everyone (except Andrea) showed up back on the highway. But why the camera pan to Sophia's name on the windshield. What was the significance?

Lori can blow it. She sucks big .... I won't finish that sentence.
First it's .... Shane is dangerous. He thinks the baby is his. Something needs to be done ... to ... I'm sorry Shane, I don't know who's baby it is .... to .... SHOCK! ... SPEECHLESS SHOCK! ... you killed Shane?!? The possible father of my child?!?
Whatevah!!!

Well like Daryl said a herd that big could knock the damn house down, those walkers were mad deep and they didn't have the doors and windows boarded up like Morgan and his son did. I think they did the right thing leaving, I don't know why Hershel didn't mention the Prison, as far as Lori I agree, she was a bitch to treat Rick like that, she was the one who told him Shane was dangerous and to do something, I hope Rick cheats on her with Andrea next season, just so she gets an idea what its like.

Forum List

Back