The Walking Dead

Last week we saw the difference in how men and women handles crisis: the men fight, the women let things work themselves out.

This week was "Lord of the Flies" I'm losing all sympathy for the "survivors"

Yep, but Dale is more on the female side no?

When the episode ended, I looked at my husband and said ... "GHook is going to be so happy." He game me one of these ... :wtf: ... and a "Who the hell is GHook?"

Sigh.

LOL, two of my buddies shot me text messages right after it happened! You must be loving this Dale got killed! I thought OK, I am too into this show, if people think I am that excited a character gets killed off. Sad truth is I was! :redface:

Can't help it I love the show. The only show in a while I have to watch when its on and don't DVR it!

We still DVR it. 9:00 is my son's bedtime so if we're running several minutes behind, we get to FF PLZ through the commercials. Eventually we catch up to real time.

When the episode ended, I looked at my husband and said ... "GHook is going to be so happy." He game me one of these ... :wtf: ... and a "Who the hell is GHook?"

Sigh.

LOL, two of my buddies shot me text messages right after it happened! You must be loving this Dale got killed! I thought OK, I am too into this show, if people think I am that excited a character gets killed off. Sad truth is I was! :redface:

Can't help it I love the show. The only show in a while I have to watch when its on and don't DVR it!

And oh ... by the way ... I had ZERO interest in coming to this thread today because of the passing of Dale.

I like Carl. And the fact the he's 'acting out of character' to me says that he is changing because the world around him has changed. He's no longer the little boy of 6 months ago . . . he's seen friends-turn-walker's heads explode from being shot, he's see lots and lots of death along the way, he thought his own father was dead for a time, he almost died, etc. What 10 year old kid wouldn't go wondering in the woods, walkers or not? After shooting all the walkers in the barn (and not encountering any walkers on the farm as of yet), can't you see how Carl would assume he was safe? And he took Daryl's gun so of course he thought he'd be ok. Plus, a 10 (or however old old he is) year old kid doesn't need to be watched 24/7. What is happening is that Carl is growing up fast, a lot faster than if the world hadn't gone to hell, and he's just learned a lesson the hard way. He should have listened to Rick on this one . . think before you act. If he had, Daryl would still be alive.

Dale was the voice of logic and reason and 'humanity' but . . . others have that as well. He wasn't the only one he was just the most annoying about it. And in a world of walkers and survival of the fittest, sometimes surviving has to trump logic and reason. They should have shot that kid when they had the chance.

It's not that I can't see the environment they are in causing changes in Carl....it's that they decided to make an episode where they all seem to happen at once. He decides to go take a look at the prisoner, he's a rude little ass to Carol, he steals Daryl's gun, he goes off on his own into the woods, he decides to play around with a walker, he tries to listen in on the conversation about whether to kill the prisoner, he sneaks out to see his father kill the prisoner and even eggs him on.

I guess what I'm saying is it seemed like Carl suddenly snapped. There was no buildup to the changes, no hints or indications that this might be coming. It seemed like poor storytelling to me.

As far as Dale, he was the only real idealist of the group IMO. He's the one who seems to try the hardest to cling to the old world, the least willing to bow to the pressure of pragmatism. It doesn't matter if he's right or not, I just think he helped with the group dynamic. The closest one to that left would be Glen, and he's not willing to stand up about things the way Dale was.

Dale is dead . . . and what a way to go!! Superb, two thumbs up!

Carl, Carl, Carl . . . his conscience will be eating away at him for a lonnng time. He was a bad, bad boy. What a way to learn that actions have consequences.

They should shoot that kid in the barn. Period. If Rick can't do it then Daryl or Shane should.

Will the steer become a walker steer? Moooo.

About time they killed off Dale! Looks like the kid escapes. Good job Dale!

Carl might have eclipsed his mom as the most annoying character on the show (now that Dale is dead)!

I see two routes they should have taken: (1) Kill the kid and call it a day or (2) Get the whereabouts of the kid's people and go on the offensive. Try to get intel on them and possible strike first with the element of surprise!

If the kids group has 30 people like they say Ricks group doesn't even have close to enough manpower to take them on.

The women need to take over the group because the men are total fuck ups. The obsession on "keeping everyone safe" is destroying whatever is left of them.

The kid fell in with whoever was still alive and more or less human.

Are there no other farms in that part of the world? Seriously?

I really think they should have killed Darrell, I have a feeling they are going to regret it, I think the kid is bad news.

10 to 1 the kids group is lead by the 'Governor.' With only 2 episodes left and confirmation that the Governor is casted for season three I think it's a good bet.

AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Finds its Governor - Hollywood Reporter
David Morrissey has been cast to play the evil villain in the third season of the AMC zombie drama based on the comics by Robert Kirkman, the network said Friday.

In the Image/Skybound comics, Rick and his group encounter the character when they find a new settlement of survivors in Woodbury. While Rick is a kind and fair leader, the Governor is anything but.

The casting of the legendary character -- also known as Phillip -- has been long awaited by fans of the comics, which will release its 94th issue Feb. 29. The character's sadistic methods of leadership are counter-balanced with a personal struggle involving his daughter.

Note: I never read any of the comic books, I didn't know there were any comic books. All the info I got was from wiki. See attached on who the Governor is.

Brian Blake - Walking Dead Wiki

I really think they should have killed Darrell, I have a feeling they are going to regret it, I think the kid is bad news.

10 to 1 the kids group is lead by the 'Governor.' With only 2 episodes left and confirmation that the Governor is casted for season three I think it's a good bet.

David Morrissey has been cast to play the evil villain in the third season of the AMC zombie drama based on the comics by Robert Kirkman, the network said Friday.

In the Image/Skybound comics, Rick and his group encounter the character when they find a new settlement of survivors in Woodbury. While Rick is a kind and fair leader, the Governor is anything but.

The casting of the legendary character -- also known as Phillip -- has been long awaited by fans of the comics, which will release its 94th issue Feb. 29. The character's sadistic methods of leadership are counter-balanced with a personal struggle involving his daughter.

Note: I never read any of the comic books, I didn't know there were any comic books. All the info I got was from wiki. See attached on who the Governor is.

With only 2 episodes left I think its safe to assume all hell is going to break loose, I really think they should have just killed the hostage, I bet he took part in those rapes he told Daryl about.

I like Carl. And the fact the he's 'acting out of character' to me says that he is changing because the world around him has changed. He's no longer the little boy of 6 months ago . . . he's seen friends-turn-walker's heads explode from being shot, he's see lots and lots of death along the way, he thought his own father was dead for a time, he almost died, etc. What 10 year old kid wouldn't go wondering in the woods, walkers or not? After shooting all the walkers in the barn (and not encountering any walkers on the farm as of yet), can't you see how Carl would assume he was safe? And he took Daryl's gun so of course he thought he'd be ok. Plus, a 10 (or however old old he is) year old kid doesn't need to be watched 24/7. What is happening is that Carl is growing up fast, a lot faster than if the world hadn't gone to hell, and he's just learned a lesson the hard way. He should have listened to Rick on this one . . think before you act. If he had, Daryl would still be alive.

Dale was the voice of logic and reason and 'humanity' but . . . others have that as well. He wasn't the only one he was just the most annoying about it. And in a world of walkers and survival of the fittest, sometimes surviving has to trump logic and reason. They should have shot that kid when they had the chance.

I think it would have been off the chain if Carl just went into the barn and shot Randall to death.

Last edited:
Episode 12:
(1) Obviously the kid in the farm escapes. Predictions: They don't catch him and we don't find out what happens to him until next season. (Next season we find out he is the sadistic younger brother of the Governor and that Dale was a fool for wanting to release him).
(2) They search and search, but only come across a herd of Walkers heading toward the farm.
(3) The other group is not seen.
(4) At the end of the episode the group gets overrun by Walkers. T-Dog, Otis's Widow and Herschel's son-in-law are killed!

Episode 13:
(1) Starts out with group trapped in the house aka "Night of the Living Dead."
(2) The group fights there way out, but Carol gets killed.
(3) They come across Morgan, who is glad to see Rick, but informs him Duane got bitten and he left him with his mother.
(4) He leads them to the next safe-zone, the prison.
(5) Morgan introduces Rick to another survivor at the prison, Michonne. From my understanding she was a fan favorite. Not a bad way to end the 2nd season with the introduction of a fan fav!
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Michonne_(Comic_Series)
(6) The other group is still not seen (will be seen next season when the Governor arrives).

Episode 12:
(1) Obviously the kid in the farm escapes. Predictions: They don't catch him and we don't find out what happens to him until next season. (Next season we find out he is the sadistic younger brother of the Governor and that Dale was a fool for wanting to release him).
(2) They search and search, but only come across a herd of Walkers heading toward the farm.
(4) At the end of the episode the group gets overrun by Walkers. T-Dog, Otis's Widow and Herschel's son-in-law are killed!

Episode 13:
(3) They come across Morgan, who is glad to see Rick, but informs him Duane got bitten and he left him with his mother.
(5) Morgan introduces Rick to another survivor at the prison, Michonne. From my understanding she was a fan favorite. Not a bad way to end the 2nd season with the introduction of a fan fav!
(6) The other group is still not seen (will be seen next season when the Governor arrives).

I would like to see the new group this season but I have a feeling your right and they won't show them until next season, which sucks.

With only 2 episodes left I think its safe to assume all hell is going to break loose, I really think they should have just killed the hostage, I bet he took part in those rapes he told Daryl about.

Without a doubt. You can tell he was remembering it fondly, forgetting who he was talking to, and then just snap of reality remember it was Daryl and immediately bounced into "I didn't do anything to them."

I think here you will again see that Shane was right, even though his presentation was so poor it turned off people.

Shane has been right on:
(1) Beating the piss out of Carol's abusive husband.
(2) Blockading the door in the hospital to Rick's room. If he didn't do that then Rick would have been lunch.
(3) Staying back instead of going after Merril. If he didn't stay back more at the camp would have died. Neutral decision, since Rick got the guns.
(3) Not trusting the Doctor at the Disease Control Facility. Remember the good Doctor planned to kill them all in the explosion. Glenn called him a buzz kill, but the Doc almost took out the whole group.
(5) Ending the search for Sophia!
(6) Opening the barn and killing the Walkers.
(7) Stopping Dale from hiding all the guns.
(8) Killing Otis. Otis was running out of gas. No doubt he would have dropped the equipment eventually and his big butt still might not have made it. Even though Shane was limping, Otis still couldn't outrun him. Shane was Carl's best bet to surviving. As a child, Carl's survival was more important than Otis's.
(9) Eventually killing Randall would have been the right choice.

Last edited:
Episode 12:

Episode 13:

I would like to see the new group this season but I have a feeling your right and they won't show them until next season, which sucks.

I would prefer to see a large zombie attack and big fight btw the living and the undead!

Without a doubt. You can tell he was remembering it fondly, forgetting who he was talking to, and then just snap of reality remember it was Daryl and immediately bounced into "I didn't do anything to them."

I think here you will again see that Shane was right, even though his presentation was work.

Shane has been right on:
(1) Beating the piss out of Carol's abusive husband.
(2) Blockading the door in the hospital to Rick's room. If he didn't do that then Rick would have been lunch.
(3) Staying back instead of going after Merril. If he didn't stay back more at the camp would have died. Neutral decision, since Rick got the guns.
(4) Ending the search for Sophia!
(5) Opening the barn and killing the Walkers.
(6) Stopping Dale from hiding all the guns.
(7) Killing Otis. Otis was running out of gas. No doubt he would have dropped the equipment eventually and his big butt still might not have made it. Even though Shane was limping, Otis still couldn't outrun him. Shane was Carl's best bet to surviving. As a child, Carl's survival was more important than Otis's.
(8) Eventually killing Randall would have been the right choice.

Shane has pretty much been right about almost everything so far, I agree they are going to regret not killing Randall, that guy is a sneaky little shit and he is just telling them what they want to hear, that guy does not know Maggie, never went to school with her and doesn't know her dad, he just said that to stay alive, and I will put money down that he took part in the rape of those girls also.

Forum List

Back