The War On Christmas.

I just love it when Santa holds the baby Jesus, in the manger scene, with dollar signs in his eyes. (Santa's not the baby Jesus)

I never saw such a decoration-------I have not even seen a decoration in which one of the WISE GUYS takes Baby Jesus into his arms. In fact-----as far as I know----
from many trysts in art museums-----that even JOSEPH did much on hands care of
Baby Jesus-------He was always in the arms of Mary. I have never seen Santa depicted as being IN THE MANGER scene. You must have Santa confused with a goat
kneeling-santa-musical-silent-night-snowglobe-3001152-bestseller.png

Where you been, Rosie?

that snow globe is a new one on me------was it made in
a prison in china?. Are you sure that the old man with the
beard is santa? Maybe he is one of the wise guys from
the ORIENT----who followed yonder star

has there been much Christmas tree vandalism so far this year? I have heard that
parcels delivered to one's front porch are IN DANGER
That's not an attack on Christmas, though--that's just stealing.
One year someone took our town tree just for the lights. We found the tree down the road in the ditch, with the lights gone. If they'd asked, someone would have given them a string of lights, for Chrissakes.

I just love it when Santa holds the baby Jesus, in the manger scene, with dollar signs in his eyes. (Santa's not the baby Jesus)

I never saw such a decoration-------I have not even seen a decoration in which one of the WISE GUYS takes Baby Jesus into his arms. In fact-----as far as I know----
Baby Jesus-------He was always in the arms of Mary. I have never seen Santa depicted as being IN THE MANGER scene. You must have Santa confused with a goat

Where you been, Rosie?

LOL You're in denial, dear.

has there been much Christmas tree vandalism so far this year? I have heard that
parcels delivered to one's front porch are IN DANGER
That's not an attack on Christmas, though--that's just stealing.
One year someone took our town tree just for the lights. We found the tree down the road in the ditch, with the lights gone. If they'd asked, someone would have given them a string of lights, for Chrissakes.

oh-----good-----I am so relieved----simple petty theft----unrelated to RELIGION

Where you been, Rosie?

r

denial of what? the three wise guys from orient-----is my fave Christmas story.
The story provides a boost to the beleaguered Parsees of the world------some day
when I run into a parsee-------I am going to ask if the story is known to them

Liberals lie. They lie about not attacking Christmas while attacking Christmas. Just as they lie about not attacking our 2nd amendment rights, while attacking our 2nd amendment rights. The filthy liars cannot be trusted.

Liberals lie. They lie about not attacking Christmas while attacking Christmas. Just as they lie about not attacking our 2nd amendment rights, while attacking our 2nd amendment rights. The filthy liars cannot be trusted.

you are over-wrought-------have some egg-nog

you are over-wrought-------have some egg-nog

We obliterated the Democrats, this is the best Christmas ever!! :eusa_dance:

who is "we" I am a proud registered democrat------I voted for Trump----the
DEMOCRAT PARY is only temporarily pixilated

Where you been, Rosie?

r

The story provides a boost to the beleaguered Parsees of the world------some day
As a kid, the three wise men were my favorite figures in the manger scene (besides the animals) because they had the best clothes, and CROWNS, no less. I'm a sucker for crowns.

Where you been, Rosie?

r

As a kid, the three wise men were my favorite figures in the manger scene (besides the animals) because they had the best clothes, and CROWNS, no less. I'm a sucker for crowns.

I like the MAGIC element-----sometimes they are called MAGICIANS----
-----well "magi" too----- ??? whatevah that means. ----- "following stars"
has all kinds of fantastical elements

Where you been, Rosie?

r

They were IRANIANS! Christmas is just some liberal namby pamby love fest keeping us from our sacred duty to rid the world of terrorism. Dick Cheney

Sorry I meant to say capitalism won the war decades ago. But that's just boring, just like the war itself.

Sorry I meant to say capitalism won the war decades ago. But that's just boring, just like the war itself.

oh---yeah----well it is an entirely different story-------greed and avarice over took
Christmas LONG LONG ago and long before Columbus invented america

Where you been, Rosie?

Cha-ching!

(Equal to A-men)

Where you been, Rosie?

r

I saw on Nat Geo or PBS a special about them--they were astrologers. The "star" they saw was actually an alignment of the stars indicating birth of a King. It wasn't a star hanging over the manger. Back then--and up until Shakespeare's time--the stars were super important in figuring out what was going on in the world.

Baby Jesus is going to cry, and you are going to hell if you don't go out and buy stuff. I mean a LOT of stuff. It is the Christian thing to do.

Where you been, Rosie?

Cha-ching!

(Equal to A-men)
It's funny. My parents grew up during the Depression, so I got a ridiculous abundance of gifts to compensate for their disappointment as kids. I love it too, but not for the gifts. They are such a minor part of it, except the excitement I always feel when I've found the absolute PERFECT gift for someone and I can't wait for them to open it.
Capitalism and greed and all that shit only defeats Christmas if you let it have a bunch of space in your heart.

Forum List

Back