The Warmergate Scandal

Ever considered living your life under Papa Fidel's tender mercies?
I hear that they have the best healthcare in the world --though Fidel has traveled abroad for medical treatment-- and a 100% literacy rate.

I can't figure out why every lefty goober in Florida isn't getting on makeshift rafts to get to Cuba.
OSHA says that Michael Moore can't carry more than 2 people on his ass till they install safety railings. Then they'll approve people to sail him to Cuba.

And when you ask them when they'll be moving to some third world commie shithole... that's when the libs tend to back down. They know the truth then.

Last edited:
So you are for Saddam's rape rooms, genocidal plans for the Kurds, the suppression and oppression of all Non-Ba'athist people in Iraq and constant threats of warmongering on his neighbors?

Good to know.

Member of Amnesty International I presume.

So....how come you weren't all for invading the Congo with it's horrible disembowling rapes,, mutilations, child soldiers and civilian oppressions?

Oh...wait....that was Africa...who gives a shit? :)

If only the partisan hacks were this outraged by invading Iraq. But oh, no...that was Bush their freaking homeboy. :lol:
So you are for Saddam's rape rooms, genocidal plans for the Kurds, the suppression and oppression of all Non-Ba'athist people in Iraq and constant threats of warmongering on his neighbors?

Good to know.

Member of Amnesty International I presume.

So....how come you weren't all for invading the Congo with it's horrible disembowling rapes,, mutilations, child soldiers and civilian oppressions?

Oh...wait....that was Africa...who gives a shit? :)
When they start developing weapons of mass destruction and threaten the world's energy supply, maybe I'll give a shit. :rolleyes:

Spare me your sanctimony. I'm not the one pretending nothing good came from knocking off Saddam and freeing the people there. Moral relativism plays very poorly here.

From....

http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/HARRY_READ_ME.txt

...I find these interesting.

22. Right, time to stop pussyfooting around the niceties of Tim's labyrinthine software
suites - let's have a go at producing CRU TS 3.0! since failing to do that will be the
definitive failure of the entire project..

………………..

Essentially, two thirds of the stations have no normals! Of course, this still leaves us with
a lot more stations than we had for tmean (goodnorm reported 3316 saved, 1749 deleted) though
still far behind precipitation (goodnorm reported 7910 saved, 8027 deleted).

I suspect the high percentage lost reflects the influx of modern Australian data. Indeed, nearly
3,000 of the 3,500-odd stations with missing WMO codes were excluded by this operation. This means
that, for tmn.0702091139.dtb, 1240 Australian stations were lost, leaving only 278.

This is just silly. I can't dump these stations, they are needed to potentially match with the
bulletin stations. I am now going to try the following:

1. Attempt to pair bulletin stations with existing in the tmin database. Mark pairings in the
database headers and in a new 'Australian Mappings' file. Program auminmatch.for.

2. Run an enhanced filtertmm to synchronise the tmin and tmax databases, but prioritising the
'paired' stations from step 1 (so they are not lost). Mark the same pairings in the tmax
headers too, and update the 'Australian Mappings' file.

3. Add the bulletins to the databases.

……………….

An interesting aside.. David was looking at the v3.00 precip to help National Geographic with
an enquiry. I produced a second 'station' file with the 'honest' counts (see above) and he used
that to mask out cells with a 0 count (ie that only had indirect data from 'nearby' stations).
There were some odd results.. with certain months havign data, and others being missing. After
considerable debate and investigation, it was understood that anomdtb calculates normals on a
monthly basis. So, where there are 7 or 8 missing values in each month (1961-1990), a station
may end up contributing only in certain months of the year, throughout its entire run! This was
noticed in the Seychelles, where only October has real data (the remaining months being relaxed
to the climatology but excluded by David using the 'tight' station mask). There is no easy
solution, because essentially it's an honest result: only October has sufficient values to form
a normal, so only October gets anomalised. It's an unfortunate concidence that it's the only
station in the cell, but it's not the only one. A 'solution' could be for anomdtb to get a bit
more involved in the gridding, to check that if a cell only has one station (for one or more
years) then it's all-or-nothing. Maybe if only one month has a normal then it's dumped and the
whole reverts to climatology. Maybe if 4 or more months have normals.. maybe if >0 months have
normals and the rest can be brought in with a minor relaxation of the '75% rule'.. who knows.

…………….

Got all that fixed. Then onto the excessions Tim found - quite a lot that really should
have triggered the 3/4 sd cutoff in anomauto.for. Wrote 'retrace.for', a proglet I've
been looking for an excuse to write. It takes a country or individual cell, along with
dates and a run ID, and preforms a reverse trace from final output files to database. It's
not complete yet but it already gives extremely helpful information - I was able to look
at the first problem (Guatemala in Autumn 1995 has a massive spike) and find that a
station in Mexico has a temperature of 78 degrees in November 1995! This gave a local
anomaly of 53.23 (which would have been 'lost' amongst the rest of Mexico as Tim just
did country averages) and an anomaly in Guatemala of 24.08 (which gave us the spike):

…….

Had to briefly divert to trick makegridsauto into thinking it was in the middle of a full 1901-2006
update, to get CLD NetCDF files produced for the whole period to June '06. Kept some important users
in Bristol happy.

So, back to VAP. Tried dividing the incoming TMP 7 DTR binaries by 1000! Still no joy. Then had the
bright idea of imposing a threshold on the 3.00 vap in the Matlab program. The result was that
quite a lot of data was lost from 3.00, but what remained was a very good match for the 2.10 data
(on which the thresholds were based).

I think I've got it! Hey - I might be home by 11. I got quick_interp_tdm2 to dump a min/max
for the synthetic grids. Guess what? Our old friend 32767 is here again, otherwise known as big-endian
trauma. And sure enough, the 0.5 and 2.5 binary normals (which I inherited, I've never produced them),
both need to be opened for reading with:

openr,lun,fname,/swap_if_big_endian

..so I added that as an argument to rdbin, and used it wherever rdbin is called to open these normals.

……………….

So, to station counts. These will have to mirror section 3 above. Coverage of secondary parameters is
particularly difficult - what is the best approach? To include synthetic coverage, when it's only at
2.5-degree?

No. I'm going to back my previous decision - all station count files reflect actualy obs for that
parameter only. So for secondaries, you get actual obs of that parameter (ie naff all for FRS). You
get the info about synthetics that enables you to use the relevant primary counts if you want to. Of
course, I'm going to have to provide a combined TMP and DTR station count to satisfy VAP & FRS users.
The problem is that the synthetics are incorporated at 2.5-degrees, NO IDEA why, so saying they affect
particular 0.5-degree cells is harder than it should be. So we'll just gloss over that entirely ;0)

ARGH. Just went back to check on synthetic production. Apparently - I have no memory of this at all -
we're not doing observed rain days! It's all synthetic from 1990 onwards. So I'm going to need
conditionals in the update program to handle that. And separate gridding before 1989. And what TF
happens to station counts?

OH FUCK THIS. It's Sunday evening, I've worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I'm
hitting yet another problem that's based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform
data integrity, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found.

…….
...and this one is outstanding!
- Bishop Hill blog - Climate cuttings 33

I like this thread!:clap2:

"There is no uniform data integrity, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found."

Wowzers!!!!!

Increasing amounts of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and global warming could also lead to more health concerns. A statement released from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said, "Climate change is likely to have wide-ranging and mostly adverse impacts on human health, with significant loss of life." As temperatures increase towards the poles, similar to farmland, insects and other pests migrate towards Earth's poles. These insects and pests could be allowed to migrate up to 550 Km or 550 miles. Some insects carry diseases such as malaria and dengue fever. Thus, an increase in these particular insects and pests closer to the poles results in an increase in these diseases. This could lead to 50 to 80 million additional cases of Malaria annually, a 10-15% increase. "Malaria and dengue fever are already beginning to spread pole wards", said Jane Lubchenco, past president of American Association for the advancement of science. (http://www.epa.gov/oppeoeel/globalwa...lth/index.html) Physician Paul Epstein, of Harvard's School of Public Health, says "Climate change is already a factor in terms of the distributions of malaria, dengue fever, and cholera." (www.aloha.net~jhanson/page70.htm)

Effects of Global Warming on Society - UofM

Could... likely... could... could...

Interesting choice of words. It actually nice to see them in positive light. It would be almost the same even if the warming was a natural cycle. Then you get this... how convenient.

The Environmental Protection Agency took a major step Monday toward regulating greenhouses gases, concluding that climate changing pollution threatens the public health and the environment.

The announcement came as the Obama administration looked to boost its arguments at an international climate conference that the United States is aggressively taking actions to combat global warming, even though Congress has yet to act on climate legislation. The conference opened Monday in Copenhagen.

EPA says greenhouse gases endanger human health

If EPA steps in with this, dem's will become blameless. The EPA has been quietly passing regulations for years that are overwhelming anti-business and free market and this ruling means we are totally screwed. I am not sure the EPA has ever overturned one of it's own regulations, and they can use a judgement like this to reek havoc on this country.

After a thorough examination of the scientific evidence and careful consideration of public comments, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced today that greenhouse gases (GHGs) threaten the public health and welfare of the American people.

Imagine that. Just a day or two before Obama goes to climate summit. Who would have ever guessed?

And if you still have any doubts, here's a link to an article in the HP written by EPA Administer Lisa Jackson, proven environmentalist. Are you ready?

Why We Need to 'Sell' Environmentalism

Enjoy.

Just remember- When you're losing the debate, re-define the issue. The AGW hoaxers will move to the next phase - Get ready for the coming" Global Environmental Health Crisis". Instead of Climate Change, a new mantra will emerge: we need to address the impending Global Environmental Health Crisis

Here is the argument:

So what if reducing our dependence on fossil fuels doesn't really impact the climate the way we originally thought? It makes the air cleaner. And besides, going green is the more responsible way to act anyway. Is a Western lifestyle with its reliance on big houses, big cars, fast food, and red meat good for us anyway? Wouldn't we all be better off if we changed our ways? Okay, sure, maybe the sun and the natural cycles of the Earth have more to do with the planet's climate than SUVs and factories, but being overweight can kill you. You need to change for the sake of the planet, and your own good.

It is already happening......

Just remember- When you're losing the debate, re-define the issue. The AGW hoaxers will move to the next phase - Get ready for the coming" Global Environmental Health Crisis". Instead of Climate Change, a new mantra will emerge: we need to address the impending Global Environmental Health Crisis

Here is the argument:

So what if reducing our dependence on fossil fuels doesn't really impact the climate the way we originally thought? It makes the air cleaner. And besides, going green is the more responsible way to act anyway. Is a Western lifestyle with its reliance on big houses, big cars, fast food, and red meat good for us anyway? Wouldn't we all be better off if we changed our ways? Okay, sure, maybe the sun and the natural cycles of the Earth have more to do with the planet's climate than SUVs and factories, but being overweight can kill you. You need to change for the sake of the planet, and your own good.

It is already happening......
[Emphasis added] "So what"? :cuckoo:

So, when the polar caps do finally all melt away and entire islands disappear from the oceans, let's all remember the stolen e-mails.

Ame®icano;1788406 said:
Increasing amounts of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and global warming could also lead to more health concerns. A statement released from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said, "Climate change is likely to have wide-ranging and mostly adverse impacts on human health, with significant loss of life." As temperatures increase towards the poles, similar to farmland, insects and other pests migrate towards Earth's poles. These insects and pests could be allowed to migrate up to 550 Km or 550 miles. Some insects carry diseases such as malaria and dengue fever. Thus, an increase in these particular insects and pests closer to the poles results in an increase in these diseases. This could lead to 50 to 80 million additional cases of Malaria annually, a 10-15% increase. "Malaria and dengue fever are already beginning to spread pole wards", said Jane Lubchenco, past president of American Association for the advancement of science. (http://www.epa.gov/oppeoeel/globalwa...lth/index.html) Physician Paul Epstein, of Harvard's School of Public Health, says "Climate change is already a factor in terms of the distributions of malaria, dengue fever, and cholera." (www.aloha.net~jhanson/page70.htm)

Effects of Global Warming on Society - UofM

Could... likely... could... could...

Interesting choice of words. It actually nice to see them in positive light. It would be almost the same even if the warming was a natural cycle. Then you get this... how convenient.

The Environmental Protection Agency took a major step Monday toward regulating greenhouses gases, concluding that climate changing pollution threatens the public health and the environment.

The announcement came as the Obama administration looked to boost its arguments at an international climate conference that the United States is aggressively taking actions to combat global warming, even though Congress has yet to act on climate legislation. The conference opened Monday in Copenhagen.

EPA says greenhouse gases endanger human health

If EPA steps in with this, dem's will become blameless. The EPA has been quietly passing regulations for years that are overwhelming anti-business and free market and this ruling means we are totally screwed. I am not sure the EPA has ever overturned one of it's own regulations, and they can use a judgement like this to reek havoc on this country.

After a thorough examination of the scientific evidence and careful consideration of public comments, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced today that greenhouse gases (GHGs) threaten the public health and welfare of the American people.

Imagine that. Just a day or two before Obama goes to climate summit. Who would have ever guessed?

And if you still have any doubts, here's a link to an article in the HP written by EPA Administer Lisa Jackson, proven environmentalist. Are you ready?

Why We Need to 'Sell' Environmentalism

Enjoy.

Damn that photosynthesis!

Yup - the goal posts are being changed.

Climate changed is morphing into weather extremes you see...if it gets hot it's climate change. If it gets cold - climate change. Then we will add the health issue studies that are sure to come down the pike very soon.

$$Trillions are banking on this scheme, and it's gonna take more than some emails to stop it...

Climate changed is morphing into weather extremes you see...if it gets hot it's climate change. If it gets cold - climate change. Then we will add the health issue studies that are sure to come down the pike very soon.

$$Trillions are banking on this scheme, and it's gonna take more than some emails to stop it...

A complete list of things caused by global warming

Hell... Goal posts nothing, we're changing sports. Now we can dither forever and people will still cheer. American football is too victory oriented. Now we can have a sport that people can be happy with a 0-0 tie.

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is another one...

The UN Copenhagen climate talks are in disarray today after developing countries reacted furiously to leaked documents that show world leaders will next week be asked to sign an agreement that hands more power to rich countries and sidelines the UN's role in all future climate change negotiations.

The document is also being interpreted by developing countries as setting unequal limits on per capita carbon emissions for developed and developing countries in 2050; meaning that people in rich countries would be permitted to emit nearly twice as much under the proposals.

The so-called Danish text, a secret draft agreement worked on by a group of individuals known as "the circle of commitment" – but understood to include the UK, US and Denmark – has only been shown to a handful of countries since it was finalised this week.

Copenhagen climate summit in disarray after 'Danish text' leak

I guess the conference is off to a great start. Day 1 and the real agenda items are beginning to be exposed. Money and control.

Freaking amazing.

Ame®icano;1791569 said:
Here is another one...

The UN Copenhagen climate talks are in disarray today after developing countries reacted furiously to leaked documents that show world leaders will next week be asked to sign an agreement that hands more power to rich countries and sidelines the UN's role in all future climate change negotiations.

The document is also being interpreted by developing countries as setting unequal limits on per capita carbon emissions for developed and developing countries in 2050; meaning that people in rich countries would be permitted to emit nearly twice as much under the proposals.

The so-called Danish text, a secret draft agreement worked on by a group of individuals known as "the circle of commitment" – but understood to include the UK, US and Denmark – has only been shown to a handful of countries since it was finalised this week.

I guess the conference is off to a great start. Day 1 and the real agenda items are beginning to be exposed. Money and control.

Freaking amazing.

Wow, using fake science to gain power...never saw that coming

Ame®icano;1791569 said:
Here is another one...

Freaking amazing.
Wow....Rich socialists kicking out the bottom rungs of the ladder of economic development for poorer nations, while exempting themselves from those onerous regulations?!?

Never saw that coming! :rolleyes:

Ame®icano;1791569 said:
Here is another one...

Freaking amazing.
Wow....Rich socialists kicking out the bottom rungs of the ladder of economic development for poorer nations, while exempting themselves from those onerous regulations?!?

Never saw that coming! :rolleyes:

They just want to help!!!

Weareheretohelp025.jpg

Forum List

Back