The Way Forward: Repeal ObamaCare

I'd damn sure end Medicare and Medicaid. And VA and group health insurance and indigent care. What a fuckin' stupid way to run health care - five different systems with little coordination.

Then I'd replace it with universal coverage for preventive/diagnostic care to identify problems early and drastically reduce costs; individual supplementary insurance-based coverage to aggressively promote competition and innovation and to take a massive monkey off the backs of business; a nationally-coordinated cost-cutting regimine that would include tactics like tort reform, universal electronic records and value-based insurance design (look it up); and then a premium-support program to keep low-income families healthy and engaged.

That's about the 30th time I've posted that; when I reach 100, I'm gonna run out into the middle of the freakin' freeway and jump in front of a freakin' semi so that I don't have to freakin' think about this stupid freakin' system of ours any more.

All costs (probably not) but thoise for preventive/diagnostic care, which will skyrocket as virtually everyoine treats that like a birthright.

How about we quit trying to polish turds and get gubmint entirely out of the medical care industry, up to and including no longer allowing medical insurance as a pre-tax item for everyone?...No tax-free benefits for anybody....It doesn't get more fair than that.

Preventive/diagnostic care is relatively inexpensive and does not need to be administered by doctors. The increased demand would create a massive new industry and myriad cost-cutting innovations.

I don't like paying higher insurance premiums because other people don't have coverage; I don't like sitting in the emergency room with one of my kids for two hours because so many people are using it as their regular doctor; I don't like paying more for goods and services to companies who are economically hamstrung by their health insurance benefit costs; I don't like all of my health care costs increasing because people who don't have access to preventive/diagnostic care are costing far more when their conditions are advanced.

If your plan addresses those issues, I'd love to see it.

You don't pay higher insurance premiums because some choose not to carry insurance...You pay higher premiums because many people with insurance treat it like a pre-paid medical plan, that pays for each and every encounter with anyone wearing a lab coat.

Basically, you pay more for insurance because of moochers who have insurance, not because of those who don't have it.

All costs (probably not) but thoise for preventive/diagnostic care, which will skyrocket as virtually everyoine treats that like a birthright.

How about we quit trying to polish turds and get gubmint entirely out of the medical care industry, up to and including no longer allowing medical insurance as a pre-tax item for everyone?...No tax-free benefits for anybody....It doesn't get more fair than that.

Preventive/diagnostic care is relatively inexpensive and does not need to be administered by doctors. The increased demand would create a massive new industry and myriad cost-cutting innovations.

I don't like paying higher insurance premiums because other people don't have coverage; I don't like sitting in the emergency room with one of my kids for two hours because so many people are using it as their regular doctor; I don't like paying more for goods and services to companies who are economically hamstrung by their health insurance benefit costs; I don't like all of my health care costs increasing because people who don't have access to preventive/diagnostic care are costing far more when their conditions are advanced.

If your plan addresses those issues, I'd love to see it.

You don't pay higher insurance premiums because some choose not to carry insurance...You pay higher premiums because many people with insurance treat it like a pre-paid medical plan, that pays for each and every encounter with anyone wearing a lab coat.

Basically, you pay more for insurance because of moochers who have insurance, not because of those who don't have it.

Right, plus back in the old days (1970-1980) it was called hospital insurance. It paid if you went to the the hospital for something serious or an injury. We paid for doctor visits and prescriptions out of pocket. Now, it has grown to what you accurately describe---pay your premium and you get whatever you want at no additional charge.

Forum List

Back