The West´s silly Ukrainian ISIS Nazi Army

Corruption is at the heart of Russian society and most Russians wish this was not the case, but Russians endure because they are fatalistic.

The below link is a short book review by P.J. O'Rourke that really provides a flavour of what Russian life is like:

"In Russia, “corrupt” is not an adjective. Corrupt is a noun, a proper noun, the word for the name and nature of the place"

The Land of Magical Thinking Inside Putin s Russia World Affairs Journal

If you have the courage to read the article you will understand that nothing that Putin says can be trusted.

Such an awesome country. Why it isn't reality? Where the people, giving bribes for me? Why I'm not rich, as can be, if the world from review is true?

Btw, word "corrupt" in Russia not only a noun. It also combine by itself about ten variants of legal or half-legal lobby, business tricks and so on, which have different terms in EU languages. For the Russian all of them - corruption, which never could be :)

Thanks for confirming the fact that Russians live with corruption.Is it possible to get anything done in Russia without having to pay a bribe? Please note that bribes are illegal.

"The average cost of a bribe in Moscow rose 37 percent last year to hit 327,000 rubles ($5,250), according to Moscow police chief Anatoly Yakunin, news agency Interfax reported on Wednesday."

Average Cost of Bribe in Russia Spiked in 2014 Amid Ruble Crisis Business The Moscow Times

Corruption is at the heart of Russian society and most Russians wish this was not the case, but Russians endure because they are fatalistic.

The below link is a short book review by P.J. O'Rourke that really provides a flavour of what Russian life is like:

"In Russia, “corrupt” is not an adjective. Corrupt is a noun, a proper noun, the word for the name and nature of the place"

If you have the courage to read the article you will understand that nothing that Putin says can be trusted.

Such an awesome country. Why it isn't reality? Where the people, giving bribes for me? Why I'm not rich, as can be, if the world from review is true?

Btw, word "corrupt" in Russia not only a noun. It also combine by itself about ten variants of legal or half-legal lobby, business tricks and so on, which have different terms in EU languages. For the Russian all of them - corruption, which never could be :)

Thanks for confirming the fact that Russians live with corruption.Is it possible to get anything done in Russia without having to pay a bribe? Please note that bribes are illegal.

"The average cost of a bribe in Moscow rose 37 percent last year to hit 327,000 rubles ($5,250), according to Moscow police chief Anatoly Yakunin, news agency Interfax reported on Wednesday."

Average Cost of Bribe in Russia Spiked in 2014 Amid Ruble Crisis Business The Moscow Times

Hm, Russia is really big and some societies here are really corrupted (by example, many of "liberastic" communities, which lives on foreign grants.

As for me - I'm from ordinary population, I really have no needs to pay or receive any bribes. Last bribe I've paid was about 10 years ago... btw, (it's not a joke!!) I've paid it to ukrainian customs officer to pass cargo from EU to our territory :)

If you guys want to talk about corruption, you are focused on the wrong country.

KIEV, Ukraine — The country is on the cliff of bankruptcy. A spate of politically motivated killings and mysterious suicides of former government officials has sown fear in the capital. Infighting has begun to splinter the pro-European majority coalition in Parliament.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/18/w...-year-after-a-revolution.html?ref=europe&_r=0

BBC: Petro Poroshenko's income increased sevenfold in the first year of his presidency while Ukraine's economy has been teetering on the brink of collapse as the country is ravaged by corruption, lack of reforms and a civil war.
Poroshenko s Life Gets Sweeter While Ukraine Slides Into Economic Abyss Sputnik International

And all those "achievements" only within a year after they have come to the power anti constitutionally. Those achievements are hard to beat, aren't they?

And you are right: Russia is an awesome country!

Last edited:
Russians seem to be able to quietly accept anything from rampant corruption to government mismanagement without complaining:

"Former Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin summed up Russia's problems succinctly, telling the audience that Russia faced "serious challenges.""

""We have difficulties with the pension system, with the labor market which actually brings down the rate of development and we have a very bad structure of the budget and we don't spend much money on infrastructure. Our regions do not have enough resources and they've actually stopped investing," he said."

Russia faces serious challenges and must push reforms

From the way you write I can see that Russia is still the master of propaganda.

Dear Decus,
1. just FYI, SBiker actually lives in Russia and knows what's going on in Russia, while your knowledge about Russia seems to come from the Internet, where whoever can write whatever.
2. relax, Russia does not spend American taxpayers' money. What you should really be concerned about is: slowly but surely the money are slipping from American taxpayers' pockets to Ukraine. Most Americans can't even find Ukraine on the map, so why do you guys have to pay for it? Also Ron Paul warned: arming Ukraine will affect American taxpayers.

Ron Paul No Doubt American Taxpayers Will be Robbed to Arm Poroshenko Sputnik International

Last edited:
If the Ukrainians in the west want to be part of the EU, I don't see why Russia should interfere. If the Ukrainians in the east don't want to be part of the EU, maybe they should be allowed to opt out.

Russians seem to be able to quietly accept anything from rampant corruption to government mismanagement without complaining:

"Former Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin summed up Russia's problems succinctly, telling the audience that Russia faced "serious challenges.""

From the way you write I can see that Russia is still the master of propaganda.

If you are right and russian really "quietly accept rampant corruption", tell me, why the 'struggle against corruption' is a general theme of russian opposition? How they can earn points of believe from population, if russian really quiet to corruption? And why they produce regular lies, if in Russia have a corruption everywhere?

As for Kudrin - God blessed the day of his retire! He is from liberal gang, they systematically plunder russian population and only Putin, as a garant of law, protect them from Lynch's court.

I think Russia has good propaganda, but I'm afraid, now is a lazy time of them. Look - instead others they only translate facts, usually without interpretations. They really damned lazy bags of thrash - to allow men like Kudrin produce their fantastic novels without any obstacles...

Last edited:
If the Ukrainians in the west want to be part of the EU, I don't see why Russia should interfere. If the Ukrainians in the east don't want to be part of the EU, maybe they should be allowed to opt out.

It could be a better way for all.
But west ukrainians want also 'Zaporizhzhya NPP' and a coal of Donbass and credits from US, and... and... and... A single thing they usually dont' want - to work inside their territory :)

The Russians aren't interfering with Ukraine joining the E.U. They are trying to make sure the Russian speaking people in the east of Ukraine aren't slaughtered by there own government. The West can't allow east Ukraine to have independence because most industry is in the east and they need the industry to pay back the debts they now owe the IMF and EU.

I think Russia has good propaganda, but I'm afraid, now is a lazy time of them. Look - instead others they only translate facts, usually without interpretations.

The downing of MH17 by a Ukrainian Su-25 is a fact?

It could be a better way for all.
But west ukrainians want also 'Zaporizhzhya NPP' and a coal of Donbass

Yes, it is obvious. One can talk a lot about justice and the like, but it will change nothing. You think that Ukrainian-Nazi government is committing crimes in Eastern Ukraine, organises genocide of a peaceful population of Donbass? Then demand that you government do something in order to protect innocent people. Make your rulers find their balls and use Russian army to hurl Nazi volunteer battalions out of Donbass. But what we are seeing instead of that? Your government has disowned two servicemen, mumbles about a cease-fire which hardly exists, gives discounts on gas, etc. And you Russian citizens instead of taking to the streets just are sitting on your sofas, watching TV about the war on Donbass, talking on forums about ukro-Nazis, and chewing popcorn. Keep doing the same.

Last edited:
The only reason Putin is still sending soldiers and weapons to fuel the fighting in Eastern Ukraine is because he wants access by land to Crimea. If he doesn't confiscate enough land to build a road, he'll have to build a very long and expensive bridge. Putin made a simple calculation - it's cheaper to send Russian soldiers to die than build a bridge.

The only reason Putin is still sending soldiers and weapons to fuel the fighting in Eastern Ukraine is because he wants access by land to Crimea. If he doesn't confiscate enough land to build a road, he'll have to build a very long and expensive bridge. Putin made a simple calculation - it's cheaper to send Russian soldiers to die than build a bridge.

It was a bad calculation.

Actually, I think that at the beginning of so-called Russian Spring Russia’s rulers thought that there wouldn’t be any need to use Russian mercenaries and servicemen (from time to time) in order to create so-called Novorossia from Kharkov to Odessa. They were sure there had to be only a spark and a handful of organisers to create an Antimaidan movement throughout Eastern and Southern Ukraine, which would eventually lead to Novorossia. And there were reasons for such a thought. But all those who are now behind the current Ukrainian rulers may be called everything you want but not fools. So, Antimaidan movement eventually faded, but so-called DNR and LNR, which include a relative tiny territory of planned Novorosia, became to exist and the war began. And month by month Russia has been drawing itself in the conflict, though it is possible to say that it is being drawn. I am pretty sure that Russian rulers are looking for the ways out of this conflict with an opportunity to save their face, but they have made too many mistakes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back