The word "racism" is overused these days

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
I see that every day on this board.

Is that true ?

Or do we see it used a lot because there is a lot of racism ?

I tend to think that the former is true and the term is used a lot because there is a lot of racism about.

Its pretty shitty to oppress people because of their colour or religion. Most of us will agree on that.

Is that true ?

I tend to think that the former is true and the term is used a lot because there is a lot of racism about.

Its pretty shitty to oppress people because of their colour or religion. Most of us will agree on that.
Assuming that you are white, have you apologized yet?

Is that true ?

Errr I think your former and your latter are the same thing......

And it gets overused. People are rather numb to it. It started with Obama. Unless you agreed with everything he said, did, or wanted to do, you were instantly labeled a racist by someone or the other on the interwebz. As an anti-DNC Green Party progressive I couldn't tell you how many times I have experienced this nonsense. I was even banned from an allegedly progressive site for criticizing the DNC from the left because that was perceived as me really being a conservative by the brain dead moderators (including r/progressive at reddit). The DNC in the US is a center right party by any global standard, but Lord forbid you call them out on sucking Wall Streets teets or other appendages. That, my friend, is racist here in the good old US of A.

Is that true ?

Assuming that you are white, have you apologized yet?
By creating this pandering thread, I am sure he really believes that this is his apology.

"These days"?!?

It got overused for eight years in order to shut down any criticism of Barry the Boiking...It's now just a reflexive refrain with the moonbat chorus.

Is that true ?

And it gets overused. People are rather numb to it. It started with Obama. Unless you agreed with everything he said, did, or wanted to do, you were instantly labeled a racist by someone or the other on the interwebz. As an anti-DNC Green Party progressive I couldn't tell you how many times I have experienced this nonsense. I was even banned from an allegedly progressive site for criticizing the DNC from the left because that was perceived as me really being a conservative by the brain dead moderators (including r/progressive at reddit). The DNC in the US is a center right party by any global standard, but Lord forbid you call them out on sucking Wall Streets teets or other appendages. That, my friend, is racist here in the good old US of A.

The left is a totalitarian movement; it always has been.

Is that true ?

Yes, its very late over here. Thank you.

Is that true ?

Black folks don't like dogs, and k9's are a symbol of our racist heritage of police oppression. You are probably on their list.....

Considering the term is usually thrown around in regards to Mexicans, and Mexican isn't even a race...

I agree that the word Racism has been overused to the point, EVERTHING is now RACIST.
I guessed it's really all the left has to use as an excuse to "make them satisfied".

images

Yes, just as most of us are enlightened, live with both feet in the 21st century, view women as their equal peers, and think there's nothing more urgent in this world than to counter climate change. Mostly. It's just this board that's designed to make it appear otherwise, and to gaslight "most of us".

Yes, just as most of us are enlightened, live with both feet in the 21st century, view women as their equal peers, and think there's nothing more urgent in this world than to counter climate change. Mostly. It's just this board that's designed to make it appear otherwise, and to gaslight "most of us".
The irony of someone citing Goebbels warming as an "urgent" problem, later accusing others of gaslighting is a serious knee slapper.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Is that true ?
Tommy, racism is the belief that you are superior to someone else because of your race, or that they are inferior. You don't have to actually oppress anyone, just believe it. To a certain extent, it is a little natural to think you're better than someone else or can do better. It's called PRIDE. It is a natural self-defense mechanism that protects the ego.

But I see you come on here everyday (USMB, an American site) using the internet (an American conveyance invention) to tell us how much Americans suck! But I've not yet once ever seen you come on here railing about the Queen, or Brits or England. So yes, that makes you a racist.

People who cry racism over every little thing marginalize actual racism which is obviously still prevalent. Look at this very subforum. This might be the least racist thread created in this forum in years.

Is that true ?

How often is it's use, meeting the dictionary usage?

Is that true ?

Black folks don't like dogs, and k9's are a symbol of our racist heritage of police oppression. You are probably on their list.....

The word is not overused. The racist behavior is. And blacks like dogs.

The only people making the claim it's overused are the whites here that practice racism.
Is that true ?
Tommy, racism is the belief that you are superior to someone else because of your race, or that they are inferior. You don't have to actually oppress anyone, just believe it. To a certain extent, it is a little natural to think you're better than someone else or can do better. It's called PRIDE. It is a natural self-defense mechanism that protects the ego.

But I see you come on here everyday (USMB, an American site) using the internet (an American conveyance invention) to tell us how much Americans suck! But I've not yet once ever seen you come on here railing about the Queen, or Brits or England. So yes, that makes you a racist.
Tommy is no racist. And the fact he calls out America but doesn't say anything about England is not racism. The belief of racial superiority comes with behavior and actions.

Is that true ?

They like pitbulls not K9 dogs and no it is overused, and often misused to the point it has no meaning.

Is that true ?

They like pitbulls not K9 dogs and no it is overused, and often misused to the point it has no meaning.

I am black and we like all kinds of dogs. The word is not overused and it does carry meaning. I understand that whites like yourself want to try making everybody believe that, but the word will always carry significance. So if you want to make it irrelevant, end the behavior.

Forum List

Back