There is no catastrophe so ghastly that we will reform our gun laws

[

The Soviets wanted to teach girls how to read??? WTF? Where did you get that little nugget of nonsense? Care to provide any evidence? or shall we just chalk it up as another JoeB lie? I guess the Soviet paratroopers were just getting there early to build schools? lmao

The Soviets wanted to bring Afghanistan into the modern age. Sadly, a bunch of ignorant assholes wanted to keep them barefoot, pregnant and weearing Burkas.

Which was just fine with Ronnie Ray-Gun. Because they was Communists. And we know that Communists are bad.

Seems to me that the Jihadists are giving us more problems than the Communists did.

Are you seriously claiming that the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan to teach girls to read and modernize the region? Because, you know, the Soviets were known for such generosity. :cuckoo:

So violate the rights of more than 99% of men under 30 to possibly prevent less than one percent of all gun murders.

I can tell you are a business owner. Yea, that's what I am saying. And tell the truth, if the under 30 men didn't have such easy access to weapons, you have no idea how low the murder rate by guns could drop to.

Tell the truth, you couldn't know because it hasn't been done. Are you under 30 skull? I doubt it. So it wouldn't affect you now would it?

Or would you just feel bad for all those missed sales in the gun stores?

If you want to raise the age of majority to 30 then feel free to try.

You'd probably stop a lot of deaths caused by drunk drivers too not to mention if no one under 30 could drive you'd stop the majority of all car accidents because we all know that men under 25 are the worst drivers

If you can't see the reason why passing laws that violate other people's rights simply because they don't violate your rights is a bad idea then we really have nothing more to argue about on this topic do we?

Hey skull. Feel free to point of where in the COTUS is say at what age you can have a gun.

Damn and we here is this country are restricting rights all the time by age. Can't vote till a certain age, can't drive till a certain age, can't marry till a certain age. Can't even go in the military till a certain age.

BUT OMG have an age restriction on gun ownership and it is the end of the world.

You are nuts dude. No harm done to any young man if the have to wait till they are 30 to own a weapon.

Have you been attacked a lot in your life? I only ask because of the level of fear that you seem to have.

And why doesn't the military have the soldiers keep their weapons in the barracks with them? Why are they locked up in an ARMORY? Could it be that the military knows more about the problems of mixing firearms and young men than you do? I think that is the case.

No harm done to any young man if the have to wait till they are 30 to own a weapon.

or read a book
buy a newspaper
attend a church
be secure in their homes
vote
Self incrimination
due process

or any other rights until the age of 30

I can tell you are a business owner. Yea, that's what I am saying. And tell the truth, if the under 30 men didn't have such easy access to weapons, you have no idea how low the murder rate by guns could drop to.

Tell the truth, you couldn't know because it hasn't been done. Are you under 30 skull? I doubt it. So it wouldn't affect you now would it?

Or would you just feel bad for all those missed sales in the gun stores?

If you want to raise the age of majority to 30 then feel free to try.

You'd probably stop a lot of deaths caused by drunk drivers too not to mention if no one under 30 could drive you'd stop the majority of all car accidents because we all know that men under 25 are the worst drivers

If you can't see the reason why passing laws that violate other people's rights simply because they don't violate your rights is a bad idea then we really have nothing more to argue about on this topic do we?

Hey skull. Feel free to point of where in the COTUS is say at what age you can have a gun.

Damn and we here is this country are restricting rights all the time by age. Can't vote till a certain age, can't drive till a certain age, can't marry till a certain age. Can't even go in the military till a certain age. You can join the military at 18. So you can be old enough to be used as cannon fodder but not to own a weapon right?

BUT OMG have an age restriction on gun ownership and it is the end of the world.

You already have to be 21 in most states and I don't have a problem with that. But hey let's move the age to 92 and 1/2 if it will save lives right?

You are nuts dude. No harm done to any young man if the have to wait till they are 30 to own a weapon.

Your opinion. A lot of people under the age of 30 have families and you would deny them the right to protect their families.

Have you been attacked a lot in your life? I only ask because of the level of fear that you seem to have.

This is a red herring. Calling everyone who thinks that they have a right to defend themselves afraid is projection because it is the people who call for the violation of the rights of others in the name of their own safety that are the ones who are actually afraid.

And why doesn't the military have the soldiers keep their weapons in the barracks with them? Why are they locked up in an ARMORY? Could it be that the military knows more about the problems of mixing firearms and young men than you do? I think that is the case.

The military is NOT a democracy it never was it never will be and comparing it to civilian society is an error.

If you want to live in a militaristic society where you are told what to do when and how to do it then why are we even talking about rights?

Good question..

Primarily with the psychiatric community sharing information with the police. People on certain medications are prohibited from driving. Same should apply to people on psychotic medications. If you are hearing voices, you should not be able to go to the local gun shop and buy an AR-15. Same goes for depression. If you suffer from depression, having guns around is not a good idea

And how is a gun dealer to know who is suffering from depression? Not every depressed person sees a shrink.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts etc.

I would also like to see gun shop owners show some responsibility. If the guy creeps you out, you should refuse to sell him a gun. Bartenders will cut off a guy who appears intoxicated, gun dealers should show similar discretion

You don't know if some gun shop owners do that already do you? And even an experienced bartender can over serve people on occasion.

All that aside these mass killing account for less than 1% of all gun murders. So violating the rights of people who would never be involved in a such a crime doesn't sit well with me.

I know, I know

Move along, nothing to see here

Same old response...There is nothing we can do about gun violence, so don't even try

when are you fucking liberfools going understand there is NO such thing as "gun violence" the problem is fucking PEOPLE VIOLENCE

liberal people to be more specific, all the mass killings have been committed by liberwhack jobs.

AGREED ?

And how is a gun dealer to know who is suffering from depression? Not every depressed person sees a shrink.

You don't know if some gun shop owners do that already do you? And even an experienced bartender can over serve people on occasion.

All that aside these mass killing account for less than 1% of all gun murders. So violating the rights of people who would never be involved in a such a crime doesn't sit well with me.

I know, I know

Same old response...There is nothing we can do about gun violence, so don't even try

when are you fucking liberfools going understand there is NO such thing as "gun violence" the problem is fucking PEOPLE VIOLENCE

liberal people to be more specific, all the mass killings have been committed by liberwhack jobs.

AGREED ?

It's the point they are not willing to concede.

I know, I know

AGREED ?

Guns don't kill people....people with guns kill people

I know, I know

AGREED ?

Gravity has also taken its toll.

Perhaps it too should be regulated.

I understand water can be dangerous too....maybe limiting the depth of all swimming pools to 6 inches would prevent more unnecessary tragedies.

I know, I know

AGREED ?

People kill people with hands and feet
People kill people with rocks, hammers, baseball bats, 2x4s, screw divers, wenches, knives, poisons, fire, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum.

In short people kill people they always have killed people they always will kill people.

AGREED ?

People kill people with rocks, hammers, baseball bats, 2x4s, screw divers, wenches, knives, poisons, fire, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum.

In short people kill people they always have killed people they always will kill people.

We should probably note that Whites have killed the Most People.

:eusa_shhh:

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

It is the nature of humans to be violent. Any and all discussions of human behavior must take this truth into account.

There is no catastrophe so ghastly that America will reform its gun laws - The Week

Look, we've collectively decided, as a country, that the occasional massacre is okay with us. It's the price we're willing to pay for our precious Second Amendment freedoms. We're content to forfeit the lives of a few dozen schoolkids a year as long as we get to keep our guns. The people have spoken, in a cheering civics-class example of democracy in action.

It's hard to imagine what ghastly catastrophe could possibly change America's minds about guns if the little bloody bookbags of Newtown did not. After that atrocity, it seemed as if we would finally enact some obvious, long-overdue half-measures. But perfectly reasonable, moderate legislation expanding background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was summarily killed in the Senate for no reason other than that a sufficient number of United States senators are owned by the NRA. It made our official position as a nation nakedly explicit: we don't care about any number of murdered children, no matter how many, or how young. We want our guns.

thats right. out of control social behavior do to years of deterioration from lack of respsonsibility, morals and respect for others doesn not mean we should be changing the constitution. you don't ban cars because people drive drunk. you don't put restrictive laws on people because some choose to drive drunk. its time for gun grabbers to drop their agenda and start focusing on the real issues. your time is past

There is no catastrophe so ghastly that America will reform its gun laws - The Week

Look, we've collectively decided, as a country, that the occasional massacre is okay with us. It's the price we're willing to pay for our precious Second Amendment freedoms. We're content to forfeit the lives of a few dozen schoolkids a year as long as we get to keep our guns. The people have spoken, in a cheering civics-class example of democracy in action.

It's hard to imagine what ghastly catastrophe could possibly change America's minds about guns if the little bloody bookbags of Newtown did not. After that atrocity, it seemed as if we would finally enact some obvious, long-overdue half-measures. But perfectly reasonable, moderate legislation expanding background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was summarily killed in the Senate for no reason other than that a sufficient number of United States senators are owned by the NRA. It made our official position as a nation nakedly explicit: we don't care about any number of murdered children, no matter how many, or how young. We want our guns.

If a very powerful politician lost his daughter/son in one of these massacres with a democrat in the White House, you may see some traction...

Short of that; nothing. It's too politically costly for anyone to be the grown up and point out the idiocy of the right wing on this.

yes, we all know democrats don't respect our constitutional rights which is why we can never let them have that kind of control

We should probably note that Whites have killed the Most People.

:eusa_shhh:

I don't know that to be true as we don't have an accounting of every death in the last few million years.

Americans love our guns...

Nothing can change that

We had JFK, RFK, MLK, Reagan shot and we just sighed and said too bad
We had Columbine, Aurora, Virginia Tech and finally Newton and we did nothing
Our murder rate is triple of that in similar countries...we do nothing

We have our second amendment and are willing to put up with some bloodshed. It is the price of freedom

and we had well over 300,000,000 million guns each year and every year that were used appropriately. the good drwarfs the bad.

When will we ever reform our knife and baseball bat laws? How many people must be slashed and bashed before we wake up and ban knives and bats? Its a national embarrassment.

I think that when knives and baseball bats account for 2/3 of our murders we should reform our laws. Right now, that honor is held by guns

only .00003 guns ever kills someone. guns are safe as hell.

Its too big of a business. The Lobby is too powerful. Like every massive corporation they want to produce more and more guns every year. There are so many people on the planet. So it's a scam. They flood the black market with guns through loopholes and they end up in criminals hands and people die and police confiscate some guns and they turn them in and melt them down and the gun manufacturers keep on turning out more and more guns.

If they didn't own our government, we could heavily monitor gun sales/distribution and people could still buy as many guns as they want but it'd all be documented. Right now there are online gun sales and gun shows where anyone can buy a gun. We could at least cut down on the number of guns that are flooding the market but we can't because the american people are stupid and they'll believe that the government is coming to take their guns.

What a load. A gun manufacturer does not flood the black market with guns. What kind of world do you live in?

actually it was a democratic congessman from california who was flooding the black market with guns lol

So, has anyone answered the question on how all these new idea's of being over 30, having your rights restricted, taking drugs and all of that will actually stop someone who gets a gun anyway?

You know, like gets a gun illicitly and uses it?

How many more worthless laws will we pass that prevents someone from illegally obtaining and using a gun? Without background checks I should add!

Nothing can change that

We have our second amendment and are willing to put up with some bloodshed. It is the price of freedom

and we had well over 300,000,000 million guns each year and every year that were used appropriately. the good drwarfs the bad.

Except for the 10,000 gun deaths...

If guns made you safer, we'd be the safest nation on earth. Instead we're among the most violent advanced societies on earth.

Clearly it's false that guns make you or society on the whole safer.

Nothing can change that

Except for the 10,000 gun deaths...

If guns made you safer, we'd be the safest nation on earth. Instead we're among the most violent advanced societies on earth.

Clearly it's false that guns make you or society on the whole safer.

safety is an illusion.

Forum List

Back