There Isn't Going To Be A War With Iran -- Relax & Calm Down

maybe when we read Trump's strategy....~S~

Maybe you forgot that just two days earlier they attacked the U.S. embassy, and prior to that there was some assault on a US military base, and Iran was not going to stop there....... so, you can threaten to draw lines in the sand and ask them nicely to stop, but if you dont do anything to let them know there is a consequence, youll be drawing a line in the sand when your standing knee deep in the surf.

Making a decisive move right after they attacked a U.S. embassy was a right move and something Iranian Mullahs understand, forget about all the rhetoric they will spew, thats all necessary for them but they got the message.
Most likely they figured Trump was weakened do to domestic problems with the likes of Pelosi and Schiff, they probably figured they could get away with pushing things. NO need to be afraid of what they might do in retaliation because they were planing on doing it anyway at some point.

Maybe instead of asking them to stop killing Americans in their country, we should leave their country.

Iraq is Iran's country? our embassy was in Iraq. Seems our issue is with the Iraqi government if they want us out, not Iran. So you guys are taking the side of Iran now? ok
Beats hell of me why we are in either one, as well as Afghanistan. .
How sad.

Yes, it is sad, considering that Americans will continue to die there with absolutely no achievable goals or strategy, unless, of course, you think that Middle Eastern tribal warfare is going to magickly disappear after thousands of years when Trump waves his magic wand.

Maybe you forgot that just two days earlier they attacked the U.S. embassy, and prior to that there was some assault on a US military base, and Iran was not going to stop there....... so, you can threaten to draw lines in the sand and ask them nicely to stop, but if you dont do anything to let them know there is a consequence, youll be drawing a line in the sand when your standing knee deep in the surf.

Making a decisive move right after they attacked a U.S. embassy was a right move and something Iranian Mullahs understand, forget about all the rhetoric they will spew, thats all necessary for them but they got the message.
Most likely they figured Trump was weakened do to domestic problems with the likes of Pelosi and Schiff, they probably figured they could get away with pushing things. NO need to be afraid of what they might do in retaliation because they were planing on doing it anyway at some point.

Maybe instead of asking them to stop killing Americans in their country, we should leave their country.

Iraq is Iran's country? our embassy was in Iraq. Seems our issue is with the Iraqi government if they want us out, not Iran. So you guys are taking the side of Iran now? ok
How sad.

Yes, it is sad, considering that Americans will continue to die there with absolutely no achievable goals or strategy, unless, of course, you think that Middle Eastern tribal warfare is going to magickly disappear after thousands of years when Trump waves his magic wand.
As you confessed previously, you are incapable of understanding what is going on there. No need to reiterate it.

How sad.

As you confessed previously, you are incapable of understanding what is going on there. No need to reiterate it.

Pardon me for not being able to read Trump's mind as to what his Middle East strategy is to permanently end the fighting, killing and hate. I gave up trying to read Trump's mind when he announced three years ago that he had come up with the best health plan on the planet.

So we should just back down? America doesn't do that.

Right. In spite of having learned our lesson in Vietnam. But, that is OK. After losing 58,000 American boys to N. Vietnam, they now enjoy being on our
Favored Nation trading status. I guess we showed them.

Right. In spite of having learned our lesson in Vietnam. But, that is OK. After losing 58,000 American boys to N. Vietnam, they now enjoy being on our

The Vietnam war was over a long time ago. We lost a lot more Americans to German, Italy and Japan, and today we are eating sauerkraut and spaghetti and driving Lexuses.

Life evolves, wars are resolved.

How sad.

Pardon me for not being able to read Trump's mind as to what his Middle East strategy is to permanently end the fighting, killing and hate. I gave up trying to read Trump's mind when he announced three years ago that he had come up with the best health plan on the planet.
The goal and the strategy with respect to Iran has been laid out clearly many times, so if you had any real interest in the issue other than a pretext for attacking the President, you wouldn't have to post nonsense about reading minds.

The Vietnam war was over a long time ago. We lost a lot more Americans to German, Italy and Japan, and today we are eating sauerkraut and spaghetti and driving Lexuses.

Life evolves, wars are resolved.

I have a news flash for you, pal. Not only did we lose the Vietnam war, but nobody knew what the hell we were doing there, anyway. The same was true of WW1.

How sad.

The goal and the strategy with respect to Iran has been laid out clearly many times, so if you had any real interest in the issue other than a pretext for attacking the President, you wouldn't have to post nonsense about reading minds.

I would be delighted if you would enlighten me. So far, what I see is, that if we invade their country, and kill enough of them, then they will become docile, and friendly toward us.

Iran tends to be peaceful, I doubt if there would be war

Iran sponsors dozens of militias and insurgent groups in a dozen different countries. Iran has seized civilian vessels and staged attacks on US and British warships in international waters.

Not exactly 'peaceful' behavior.

I would be delighted if you would enlighten me. So far, what I see is, that if we invade their country, and kill enough of them, then they will become docile, and friendly toward us.
Clearly you see nothing. The goal, which appears to be beyond you abilities, is to continue the maximum pressure campaign to force Iran to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions and to force it to give up its imperialist adventures and to attempt to preserve Iraq's sovereignty in order to contain Iran. If all else fails, it may be necessary to destroy Iran's ability to produce nukes but Iran will have such a limited ability to retaliate there will be no war.

Clearly you see nothing. The goal, which appears to be beyond you abilities, is to continue the maximum pressure campaign to force Iran to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions and to force it to give up its imperialist adventures and to attempt to preserve Iraq's sovereignty in order to contain Iran. If all else fails, it may be necessary to destroy Iran's ability to produce nukes but Iran will have such a limited ability to retaliate there will be no war.

Sounds like N. Korea, part 2. That has also worked well. I have an idea. Why tell them that if they are not nice, why don't rolling thunder part 2? That accomplished a lot. Namely it created ISIS, and destabilized the entire region.

By the way, an airstrike against a Shi'ite unit integrated into the Iraqi army was just carried out, so Trump has technically ordered an airstrike against the army of a non-enemy state which is presently hosting US troops.

Sounds like N. Korea, part 2. That has also worked well. I have an idea. Why tell them that if they are not nice, why don't rolling thunder part 2? That accomplished a lot. Namely it created ISIS, and destabilized the entire region.

Actually, it was Obama who created the Islamic State.

If you'll remember, President Bush had al-Baghdadi securely confined as Guantanamo Bay. Obama got in and started releasing terrorists, including the future caliph himself.

No, actually it was Obama's withdrawal from Iraq on the eve of the 2012 elections to enhance his chances of winning that destabilized the region and created ISIS. The question is, why do you bother to post when you obviously have no real interest in the issues? Do you just have a hunger for partisan bickering?

Carter created the Taliban which morphed into al Quaeda which morphed into ISIS.

Forum List

Back