There's no question Trump should plead guilty.

The trial will happen AFTER the 2024 election. Nothing will happen until then.

Smith wants a quick trial, the Trump team will delay and appeal and delay and appeal...
I think Smith will be successful in expediting the trial date for the very reason you outline.

After examining the indictment with an eye towards doing what's best for the client any experienced defense attorney in any other case would advise his/her client to seek a plea agreement. Cuz wow, WOW, the indictment includes Don confessing to one of the crimes charged against him. The evidence compiled in the document released yesterday is stunning in its level of detail. He's toast, unless his toady throws out the evidence.

Trump-Appointed Judge Is Said to Be Handling Documents Case

Former President Donald J. Trump’s criminal indictment on charges stemming from his handling of classified documents will be overseen — at least initially — by a federal judge whom a higher court criticized for a series of rulings that were unusually favorable to Mr. Trump during the early stages of the investigation, according to five people familiar with the matter.

The judge, Aileen M. Cannon, who Mr. Trump appointed to the bench in 2020, is scheduled — at least for now — to preside over the former president’s first appearance in Federal District Court in Miami on Tuesday, the people said. But it was not clear whether Judge Cannon would remain assigned for the entirety of Mr. Trump’s case.

Trump-Appointed Judge Is Said to Be Handling Documents Case

His choice is a simple one. Risk spending his life in jail or place himself at the mercy of the court. Based on past history Aileen would be very lenient.
We give in, you win, even USMB has lost count of Trump Indictment threads. I wish I had a quid for each one.

I think Smith will be successful in expediting the trial date for the very reason you outline.
You'd risk jail time before you knew if you could pardon yourself? That's dumb.

If the plea deal is only a fine, even if substantial, he'd probably pay it to clear the charges. So who sets the "plea penalties"? Jack Smith? The Judge?

Delaying the trial lets the voters have a say in the outcome.

Putting on a show. Let's see something serious, an impeachment and then the doj actually investigating this biden crime syndicate.
If there are crimes. So far the House has come up with nothing. Why? Because there is nothing.

One cannot impeach or put to trial Nothing.

Right. Does pleading guilty hurt his chances of re-election with The Following? No.
Does pleading guilty decrease or increase Trump's chances of success next year?

That's the real question. Surrendering 2024 to Brandon when we still have almost a year and a half left to the election seems ridiculous.

That's extremely compelling evidence. I invite you to read it.

Clearly, Mr. Trump simply didn't understand and was just reckless, sloppy and incompetent, the Hillary defense, but there was no malicious intent involved.

I mean, after all, Trump was just inexperienced in Washington matters and didn't have the 50 years legal experience in this stuff like a Hillary or a Joe Biden has.

So, there was no scurrilous intent, no harm, no case of insurrection, therefore no grounds to exclude him from qualifying to hold office again.

Clearly, Mr. Trump simply didn't understand and was just reckless, sloppy and incompetent, the Hillary defense, but there was no malicious intent involved.

I mean, after all, Trump was just inexperienced in Washington matters and didn't have the 50 years legal experience in this stuff like a Hillary or a Joe Biden has.

So, there was no scurrilous intent, no harm, no case of insurrection, therefore no grounds to exclude him from qualifying to hold office again.

So you're hoping people buy in to...........

Forum List

Back