There's no question Trump should plead guilty.

No amount of horseshit from a spin doctor like Levin changes one little thing in the indictment.
"Levin enrolled at Temple University Ambler and graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. in Political Science in 1977 at age 19.[12][13] Later in 1977, Levin won election to the Cheltenham school board on a platform of reducing property taxes.[12] In 1980, Levin earned a J.D. from Temple University School of Law.[14]"

snip

"
Beginning in 1981, Levin worked in the administration of President Ronald Reagan. Levin began at ACTION, the federal agency that oversaw VISTA and other volunteer agencies, before serving as deputy assistant secretary for elementary and secondary education at the U.S. Department of Education and deputy solicitor of the U.S. Department of the Interior. He ultimately became chief of staff to Attorney General Edwin Meese.[15]

After leaving the Reagan administration, Levin practiced law in the private sector. In 1991, Levin joined public interest law firm Landmark Legal Foundation.[16][17][18][19] At Landmark, Levin served as director of legal policy and the foundation's Washington-based Center for Civil Rights before becoming president in 1997.[20][21][22] Under Levin's presidency, Landmark Legal filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission in 2000 alleging that the National Education Association, the largest teachers' union in the U.S., did not disclose spending on political activity in Internal Revenue Service documentation.[23] Landmark Legal also filed similar complaints with the United States Department of Labor in 2002 regarding NEA and political activity; by 2006, the NEA and smaller American Federation of Teachers had filed new documents with the Labor Department revealing over $100 million combined in political action spending.[24]

Following Freedom of Information Act requests in August 2012 of documents that would show if Environmental Protection Agency officials sought to delay regulations until after the 2012 presidential election, federal judge Royce Lamberth ruled in 2015 that although Landmark Legal did not establish that the EPA acted in bad faith, the EPA either carelessly or intentionally neglected Landmark's FOIA request.[25] Lamberth previously ruled in 2013 that the EPA might have attempted to evade Landmark's FOIA request.[26]"

This is some of Levin's credentials....

Now, what are Berg80's credentials? Other than typing out leftist drivel on a keyboard anonymously from his mom's basement, that is???? Inquiring minds would like to know....

I'm not a legal scholar, so that would be sort of pointless.

However the Great One, Mark R. Levin, I'm sure is pouring over it this very minute and will be giving all of us the 411 on the document on his TV program or perhaps his radio program within a very short time.
Believe me when I say the indictment is not steeped in legalese. It's very easy to understand the evidence Smith has assembled.

Those were all photos taken by Mar A Lago staff, and not the FBI. And some of them sent those photos to other staffers.

I couldn't lie for a pig like Trump.

I don't think Trump wants to win. He wants donations and headlines... celebrity.. He sure set himself up to lose.

I'm not a legal scholar, so that would be sort of pointless.

However the Great One, Mark R. Levin, I'm sure is pouring over it this very minute and will be giving all of us the 411 on the document on his TV program or perhaps his radio program within a very short time.
Oh good Lord…

Great one BWAHAHAHAAHA

I couldn't lie for a pig like Trump.

I don't think Trump wants to win. He wants donations and headlines... celebrity.. He sure set himself up to lose.
Oh, he wants out of prison all right. By any way he can. Which is why he tried so hard for a second term in 2020. The Presidency keeps him "untouchable".

"Levin enrolled at Temple University Ambler and graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. in Political Science in 1977 at age 19.[12][13] Later in 1977, Levin won election to the Cheltenham school board on a platform of reducing property taxes.[12] In 1980, Levin earned a J.D. from Temple University School of Law.[14]"

snip

"
Beginning in 1981, Levin worked in the administration of President Ronald Reagan. Levin began at ACTION, the federal agency that oversaw VISTA and other volunteer agencies, before serving as deputy assistant secretary for elementary and secondary education at the U.S. Department of Education and deputy solicitor of the U.S. Department of the Interior. He ultimately became chief of staff to Attorney General Edwin Meese.[15]

After leaving the Reagan administration, Levin practiced law in the private sector. In 1991, Levin joined public interest law firm Landmark Legal Foundation.[16][17][18][19] At Landmark, Levin served as director of legal policy and the foundation's Washington-based Center for Civil Rights before becoming president in 1997.[20][21][22] Under Levin's presidency, Landmark Legal filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission in 2000 alleging that the National Education Association, the largest teachers' union in the U.S., did not disclose spending on political activity in Internal Revenue Service documentation.[23] Landmark Legal also filed similar complaints with the United States Department of Labor in 2002 regarding NEA and political activity; by 2006, the NEA and smaller American Federation of Teachers had filed new documents with the Labor Department revealing over $100 million combined in political action spending.[24]

Following Freedom of Information Act requests in August 2012 of documents that would show if Environmental Protection Agency officials sought to delay regulations until after the 2012 presidential election, federal judge Royce Lamberth ruled in 2015 that although Landmark Legal did not establish that the EPA acted in bad faith, the EPA either carelessly or intentionally neglected Landmark's FOIA request.[25] Lamberth previously ruled in 2013 that the EPA might have attempted to evade Landmark's FOIA request.[26]"

This is some of Levin's credentials....

Now, what are Berg80's credentials? Other than typing out leftist drivel on a keyboard anonymously from his mom's basement, that is???? Inquiring minds would like to know....
If you thought Levin's education prevents him from spewing nonsense you thought wrong.

Actually Turley knows the law and he IS a a trump hack.
And what you posted was prior to the indictments being released.
Since then his opinion is that Trump is screwed
That article was June 9th, after the indictment.
If you have a link with that quote please post it.

IMHO Trump should offer to pay the maximum fines to settle the issue before the election, and without an expensive trial.

Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Donald J. Trump on Tuesday appeared to raise the possibility that gun rights supporters could take matters into their own hands if Hillary Clinton is elected president and appoints judges who favor stricter gun control measures.

Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton (Published 2016)

Trump's thinly veiled reference to a 2nd A remedy was made rather demurely. Even a boorish brute like him knew it would be ill received to say the quiet part out loud. Suggesting Hillary be shot if she picked the wrong SC justices.

Trump's indictment has emboldened some of his supporters. They don't come right out and say they will shoot law enforcement officers in order to prevent Dear Leader from being brought to justice. But the meaning of their words couldn't be more clear.

Trump Supporters’ Violent Rhetoric in His Defense Disturbs Experts

The federal indictment of former President Donald J. Trump has unleashed a wave of calls by his supporters for violence and an uprising to defend him, disturbing observers and raising concerns of a dangerous atmosphere ahead of his court appearance in Miami on Tuesday.

In social media posts and public remarks, close allies of Mr. Trump — including a member of Congress — have portrayed the indictment as an act of war, called for retribution and highlighted the fact that much of his base carries weapons. The allies have painted Mr. Trump as a victim of a weaponized Justice Department controlled by President Biden, his potential opponent in the 2024 election.

The calls to action and threats have been amplified on right-wing media sites and have been met by supportive responses from social media users and cheers from crowds, who have become conditioned over several years by Mr. Trump and his allies to see any efforts to hold him accountable as assaults against him.

[IMG]

“If you want to get to President Trump, you are going to have go through me, and you are going to have to go through 75 million Americans just like me,” said Kari Lake, the Republican former candidate for governor of Arizona. “And I’m going to tell you, most of us are card-carrying members of the N.R.A.”

Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Donald J. Trump on Tuesday appeared to raise the possibility that gun rights supporters could take matters into their own hands if Hillary Clinton is elected president and appoints judges who favor stricter gun control measures.

Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

Donald Trump Suggests ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Act Against Hillary Clinton (Published 2016)

Trump's thinly veiled reference to a 2nd A remedy was made rather demurely. Even a boorish brute like him knew it would be ill received to say the quiet part out loud. Suggesting Hillary be shot if she picked the wrong SC justices.

Trump's indictment has emboldened some of his supporters. They don't come right out and say they will shoot law enforcement officers in order to prevent Dear Leader from being brought to justice. But the meaning of their words couldn't be more clear.

Trump Supporters’ Violent Rhetoric in His Defense Disturbs Experts

The federal indictment of former President Donald J. Trump has unleashed a wave of calls by his supporters for violence and an uprising to defend him, disturbing observers and raising concerns of a dangerous atmosphere ahead of his court appearance in Miami on Tuesday.

In social media posts and public remarks, close allies of Mr. Trump — including a member of Congress — have portrayed the indictment as an act of war, called for retribution and highlighted the fact that much of his base carries weapons. The allies have painted Mr. Trump as a victim of a weaponized Justice Department controlled by President Biden, his potential opponent in the 2024 election.

The calls to action and threats have been amplified on right-wing media sites and have been met by supportive responses from social media users and cheers from crowds, who have become conditioned over several years by Mr. Trump and his allies to see any efforts to hold him accountable as assaults against him.

[IMG]

“If you want to get to President Trump, you are going to have go through me, and you are going to have to go through 75 million Americans just like me,” said Kari Lake, the Republican former candidate for governor of Arizona. “And I’m going to tell you, most of us are card-carrying members of the N.R.A.”

Trump's choices since January of 2020 have been consistently stupid.

Forum List

Back