🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

I agree. I think the comments are more a reflection of what is in the mind of the viewer than the actions performers. And I think I'd be really pissed if I were a parent of one of them probably sacrificing to give them something only to have people ridicule my child and call me a bad parent.

Voicing an opinion on an internet message board created for just that purpose is a far cry from ridiculing someone's children.

The dance is not appropriate for 7 years olds. It is sexually provocative. The outfits are sexually provocative and inappropriate as well.

That is my opinion on this topic, and I disagree with yours. We as parents and as a society are not above the consequences of the example our behaviors set for others; most especially our children.

I'm just not seeing what YOU are seeing. I had children in dance for several years and those are just standard dance outfits and standard dance steps. And before you decide to jump in and tell me what an unfit mother I was I will tell you that my daughter is 33, has a bachelors and a masters, well traveled, didn't marry until she was 30. And she, like the other person described below was a very well grounded adolescent. It is things like dance and performing that give kids the skills and the abilities to ward off predators. They occupy their space in a manner that no one will try to push them out of it or violate them. It is kids who don't have good self concept or good boundaries who get victimized. I have worked with victims for 20 years, and I know.

Someone posted a pic of that Ramsey girl. But her murder had nothing to do with her performing.

I raised both my daughters practically alone for for 7 years, and was a single parent of the oldest for for the next 9. I KNOW what I wanted my daughter to believe and between peer pressure/society and media, she thought behaving inappropriately was okay.

Your argument attempts to state that children are smart enough to watch their peers/society and know right from wrong. Right and wrong are societal constructs in and of themselves. There is no intrinsic right and wrong. Humans are animals and at birth the only thing intrinsic is our feeble attempt to survive. The difference between us and other animals is we have the ability to reason. Right and wrong are the constructs of a society protected by its strong. Until that society legislates the strong out of existence.

What are you teaching 7 years olds by teaching them to wear sexually provocative outfits and perform sexually provocative dances? That sex sells? Shake your ass in the right way and you get ahead?

How is that any different from teaching illiterate athletes that as long as they can "play ball", they have a future? What is productive and/or a contribution to our society in either case?

I was at one time a long-haired, dope -smoking, bell-bottomed hippy and rebel against "the man" from Hell. That changed when I had a child.

And the biggest culprits were the "if you don't like what's on, change the channel" channel crowd.

No. How about you/society don't teach my daughters to be sluts and the odds are pretty good they won't?

Way to deliberately miss the point, Smuggler! :clap2:

Let us explore "The Point".

OOOOKKKKK.... counselor... If you were puttin a jury together ..just sayin... would you seat Echo after hearing about the bloody butt? Would you allow the video with the tv personalities comment part included?

Would you allow testimony not asked in direct that suggested sexual gyrations?

Would you allow characterization of the two piece outfits as sexually alluring?

If you are worth spit as an attorney and managed to frame the video..just the video as evidence of child abuse....what do you think an impartial jury would say?

Your babbling incoherence is showing, Smuggler.

I would venture the guess that the video itself would be IN evidence and I would sure as shit like to know in advance the views of any prospective juror on that topic -- making my selections largely depending then on which side of the issue I was representin'!

I don't for one second believe that two randomly selected juries would necessarily agree on what that video depicts in the context of the question "is this age inappropriate?"

Thankfully, this isn't a jury issue.

This is a message board thread where we each get to vent a bit on OUR OWN views of the matter.

The dancing was good.

The music was fun.

The costumes and the aura of sexuality they provide (together with some of the suggestive-nature of some of the dance moves) do strike me as being age INappropriate for 7 year olds. You are not obligated to agree, Smuggler.

But I still say, if they were dancing in front of him, those dance moves and the costumes would get a fucking piece of shit like Roman Polanski all hot and bothered. Some folks might deem that to be a kind of "tell."
You can bet lil' Huggy hasn't taken his hand off his lil' needledick since he first saw the video.

What most people don't understand is the amount of time that goes into being able to perform. Any performing art and that includes band and guard which mine were in in HS keeps kids so busy they don't really have time to get into the kind of trouble that is being attributed to them here.

There is a difference in what children do and what is protected on to them.

The world is full of nut cases. It is what they think and act upon that is dangerous. There is a valid point of what all of this looks like to people who are not in the entertainment industry. If you look hard enough you can find something sexual in just about anything depending on what turns you on.

There are a lot of sick fuckers out there who get cheap thrills from performances like this.

That's pretty much my point, or a big part of it anyway. Thanks for putting it that way. Sad, but that tiny minority are the people you have to worry about. The problem I have isn't with the dancing per se, or with the playing dress up. It's with parading them onstage at events that will draw the perverts. That, and the general objectification by adults they have to go to such lengths to please. They're too young to put it all in perspective, and at that age they aren't exactly in control of their own choices.

What most people don't understand is the amount of time that goes into being able to perform. Any performing art and that includes band and guard which mine were in in HS keeps kids so busy they don't really have time to get into the kind of trouble that is being attributed to them here.

The world is full of nut cases. It is what they think and act upon that is dangerous. There is a valid point of what all of this looks like to people who are not in the entertainment industry. If you look hard enough you can find something sexual in just about anything depending on what turns you on.

There are a lot of sick fuckers out there who get cheap thrills from performances like this.

That's pretty much my point, or a big part of it anyway. Thanks for putting it that way. Sad, but that tiny minority are the people you have to worry about. The problem I have isn't with the dancing per se, or with the playing dress up. It's with parading them onstage at events that will draw the perverts. That, and the general objectification by adults they have to go to such lengths to please. They're too young to put it all in perspective, and at that age they aren't exactly in control of their own choices.

And who REALLY gets anything out of it? The kids are doing what they're told. The parents are the ones achieving some vicarious thrill.

At WHAT expense?

thank you.

And you make my point as well. These girls are not at an event to draw perverts. They are a a national dance contest to compete with other dancers. The perverts come to them.

You can have perverts at a swim meet, play ground, sitting in the living room across the street from your house. Its not what the children are doing its what the fuckers are doing!

No. How about you/society don't teach my daughters to be sluts and the odds are pretty good they won't?

Ah.

So you agree: "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SARD92/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0684818434&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02J8A8RC8RVNX2PGARQT"]It Takes A Village[/ame]."

I would have never expected you and Hillary Clinton to have so much in common.

ittakesavillage4.jpg

Last edited:

And who REALLY gets anything out of it? The kids are doing what they're told. The parents are the ones achieving some vicarious thrill.

At WHAT expense?

Like I posted earlier, I'm sure the kids enjoy playing dress up and people clapping for them. But you're right about the cost. What kind of pressure is being put on these kids to compete at the national level, shake their litle booties and bring home the hardware? That's the age when they should be becoming more independent (within reason), not being conditioned to do absolutely anything to please the grownups.

thank you.

And you make my point as well. These girls are not at an event to draw perverts. They are a a national dance contest to compete with other dancers. The perverts come to them.

You can have perverts at a swim meet, play ground, sitting in the living room across the street from your house. Its not what the children are doing its what the fuckers are doing!

And the liberal portion of our laws protect the perverts. We cater to minorities at the expense of the majority.

I don't know any liberals who advocate the behavior of minorities. I know a LOT of brain-dead lefties that DO.

Since when were so concerned with by-definition "Rights" that pederants were acceptable? Pedophiles are a waste of natural resources.

Lead's a natural resource and should be summarily introduced into the cranium of pedophiles. Yet, our society protects them.

Let us explore "The Point".

OOOOKKKKK.... counselor... If you were puttin a jury together ..just sayin... would you seat Echo after hearing about the bloody butt? Would you allow the video with the tv personalities comment part included?

Would you allow testimony not asked in direct that suggested sexual gyrations?

Would you allow characterization of the two piece outfits as sexually alluring?

If you are worth spit as an attorney and managed to frame the video..just the video as evidence of child abuse....what do you think an impartial jury would say?

Your babbling incoherence is showing, Smuggler.

I would venture the guess that the video itself would be IN evidence and I would sure as shit like to know in advance the views of any prospective juror on that topic -- making my selections largely depending then on which side of the issue I was representin'!

I don't for one second believe that two randomly selected juries would necessarily agree on what that video depicts in the context of the question "is this age inappropriate?"

Thankfully, this isn't a jury issue.

This is a message board thread where we each get to vent a bit on OUR OWN views of the matter.

The dancing was good.

The music was fun.

The costumes and the aura of sexuality they provide (together with some of the suggestive-nature of some of the dance moves) do strike me as being age INappropriate for 7 year olds. You are not obligated to agree, Smuggler.

But I still say, if they were dancing in front of him, those dance moves and the costumes would get a fucking piece of shit like Roman Polanski all hot and bothered. Some folks might deem that to be a kind of "tell."
You can bet lil' Huggy hasn't taken his hand off his lil' needledick since he first saw the video.

I had you pegged for a sick fuck from day one...nothings changed. Thanks for sharing.

It would be quite interesting to know just how many of the "hits" made on you tube, and there are now over two million, were made by CSO's.

Just where do the dance instructor and parents get off thinking that dressing 7 YEAR 0LD GIRLS in that manner, and having them shake their asses like the skanky ho' who did that song are appropriate?

thank you.

You're right, of course. They can be anywhere. But at the swim meet, the playground, sitting in the living room these kids aren't going to be in full makeup and heels gyrating to Beyonce. Whatever sexualization there is, is completely in the mind of the perv. Why make them look adult and give that sexualization even the slightest hint of legitimacy?

That doesn't even touch the issue of teaching these girls that sex sells, that their bodies are tools to get adult approval in the form of applause and a trophy, or any of the other issues that go with it. Girls have a hard enough time with their bodies and sexuality. Why confuse them?

And the liberal portion of our laws protect the perverts. We cater to minorities at the expense of the majority.
I don't know any liberals who advocate the behavior of minorities. I know a LOT of brain-dead lefties that DO.
Since when were so concerned with by-definition "Rights" that pederants were acceptable? Pedophiles are a waste of natural resources.
Lead's a natural resource and should be summarily introduced into the cranium of pedophiles. Yet, our society protects them.

Yes and ill help you string them all up and burn them to hell! But what does any of that have to do with the girl in a dance competition?

thank you.

You're right, of course. They can be anywhere. But at the swim meet, the playground, sitting in the living room these kids aren't going to be in full makeup and heels gyrating to Beyonce. Whatever sexualization there is, is completely in the mind of the perv. Why make them look adult and give that sexualization even the slightest hint of legitimacy?

That doesn't even touch the issue of teaching these girls that sex sells, that their bodies are tools to get adult approval in the form of applause and a trophy, or any of the other issues that go with it. Girls have a hard enough time with their bodies and sexuality. Why confuse them?

So they will be like the rest of Americans ? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wOt2iXdc4]YouTube - George Carlin -Child Worship[/ame]

thank you.

The only good pedophile, is a dead pedophile.

Pedophilia should be a death penalty crime in all states. First offense, you're dead!

It all depends on what the perv is looking for*shrugs* Makeup is part of the entertainment industry. It is part of being on stage. It isn't necessarily trying to sex them up, its how its being perceived. You need all of that makeup on stage under those lights.

Now THAT issue is a totally different thing and i am 100% with you!!!!

The only good pedophile, is a dead pedophile.

Pedophilia should be a death penalty crime in all states. First offense, you're dead!

You can be the one to pay the victim families of the innocent ones who you accidentally put to death. :thup:

Forum List

Back