🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

These are 7 year old girls for crying out loud!

AllieBaba Wrote:
My seven year old loves to dance, and she's beautiful. She has Christina Aguilera's moves from Genie in a Bottle down.

It's dance. Dance is always suggestive, unless it's clogging or square dancing, that's the nature of it.

The girls are really good. The outfits are a little skimpy, but so are swim suits and the leotards gymnasts wear that essentially are second skins and do nothing to actually cover the body.

I don't think that anyone here is blaming the girls, saying that they aren't talented or aren't lovely children. They are...without question, all of those things.

Dance can be suggestive, you're absolutely right. But it can also be simply about the joy of moving your body to music...and when you're a 7 year old girl...I'm going to have to disagree with you and say that it should NOT be suggestive. Swim suits and leotards are skin tight because the sports they are worn in are best performed without excess fabric getting in the way. But last time I checked...swimmers weren't competing in bikinis...and the Olympic gymnasts aren't adding ruffles to the asses of their outfits to turn on the judges while they're on the balance beam.)

To encourage a 7-year old to dance publicly in skimpy outfits in ways that are totally suitable for an adult is inappropriate. It is sexualizing children. If your kid copies X-Tina in your living room, fine...but if you put her on stage in a bikini and have her gyrate around while the music talks about letting men "rub her the right way"...I'm going to take issue with it.

And so should you.

Our daughters were going, "oooooooh, those girls are kissing, that's gross!......Of course, then we had some serious explaining to do

Morals in this country are going straight down the friggin' tubes!

What's wrong with girls kissing each other?

AllieBaba Wrote:
My seven year old loves to dance, and she's beautiful. She has Christina Aguilera's moves from Genie in a Bottle down.

It's dance. Dance is always suggestive, unless it's clogging or square dancing, that's the nature of it.

The girls are really good. The outfits are a little skimpy, but so are swim suits and the leotards gymnasts wear that essentially are second skins and do nothing to actually cover the body.

I don't think that anyone here is blaming the girls, saying that they aren't talented or aren't lovely children. They are...without question, all of those things.

Dance can be suggestive, you're absolutely right. But it can also be simply about the joy of moving your body to music...and when you're a 7 year old girl...I'm going to have to disagree with you and say that it should NOT be suggestive. Swim suits and leotards are skin tight because the sports they are worn in are best performed without excess fabric getting in the way. But last time I checked...swimmers weren't competing in bikinis...and the Olympic gymnasts aren't adding ruffles to the asses of their outfits to turn on the judges while they're on the balance beam.)

To encourage a 7-year old to dance publicly in skimpy outfits in ways that are totally suitable for an adult is inappropriate. It is sexualizing children. If your kid copies X-Tina in your living room, fine...but if you put her on stage in a bikini and have her gyrate around while the music talks about letting men "rub her the right way"...I'm going to take issue with it.

And so should you.

You could have taken most of this right out of my heart. Children competing in gym outfits and swimsuits are not presented or promoted as sex objects, and only the most perverted would see them that way while watching them compete.

Dance is much the same. Many ballroom dresses, ballet, modern dance etc. attire can be quite revealing and the dance itself can be very sexy, but the dance itself does not draw the audience to the dancer in a way that they want her or him. The dance draws them into the artistry of the dance itself that is more than the dancer and elevates and edifies.

The exotic dancer, burlesque, etc. dances in a way to seduce, to generate lust, to make the audience want her/him.

The choreography these seven year olds were doing was very close to the wrong side of the line that divides these two things. The kids are very talented. But they should not be gyrating and doing seductive and suggestive moves on stage at this age or for another 10 to 15 years.

Oh no, there are pervy guys in the world? Say it isn't so.

So, let me get this straight, I shouldn't have fun and these girls shouldn't either because... oh snap there are *some* guys in the world that *might* get turned on by girls having a great time and enjoying themselves. I'm sorry, I'm not going to limit myself (and no 1 else should either) because there are sick motherfuckers in the world.

I'm going to go way, way out on a limb here. How many of you women out there didn't discover how much fun you could have touching yourself by the age of 7 or 8? Like it or not, these girls are experiencing their sexuality, and it's NOT dirty or wrong. All people do it. How hung up about sexuality do you have to be to see something dirty or wrong in what they're doing? Me? I want to join them. I want to feel that pure innocent, raw, feeling again. C'mon ladies, let's be honest here, when did you 1st notice that guys were looking at you? When did you 1st feel that rush, that "power", when you pushed your ass out and knew it was appreciated by the males?

It's really weird to me how we deny our sexuality, instead of embracing it. These little girls may or may not know what I'm getting at, but they are hot because they are embracing what it is to be feminine. This doesn't mean I want to play with them, but I can watch their performance and "get" it. They are very good dancers and they make me want to dance. To capture that free, uninhibited, unconstrained feeling they show.

Our culture is sick. When we see these girls and automatically think about how it *might* stimulate a pedo we have truly gone off the deep end. Guys that sexualize little girls are sick perverts, yes, but we don't have to be like that. We can celebrate how awesome they can dance without falling into that trap. Can't we? Imagine you are 1 of them, do you think for a second they are doing it for the pervs? Hardly! They are embracing and celebrating their abilities and bodies. Is that wrong? Fuck no!

When 1 of these girls comes forward and expresses the shame they feel I'd be the 1st to hug them and reassure them that there is nothing wrong with what they're done. If any 1 watches their performance and feels turned on by it, that is on them. And that's the real point here. YOUR feelings about this are about your personal feelings, and aren't a reflection on these girls. They have done nothing wrong.

2043818885_3e1b82c6e0.jpg

Better?
wtf is that in her mouth? Mutant leaf? a very poorly done gum bubble?

Beyonce Knowles : Single Ladies Lyrics

All the single ladies (7x)

Now put your hands up
Up in the club, we just broke up
I’m doing my own little thing
you Decided to dip but now you wanna trip
Cuz another brother noticed me
I’m up on him, he up on me
dont pay him any attention
cuz i cried my tears, GAVE three good years
Ya can’t be mad at me

[Chorus]
Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don’t be mad once you see that he want it

wo oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh oh x2

(Chorus)Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips
hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
acting up, drink in my cup
I couldnt care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Dont pay him any attention
Cuz you had your turn
But now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

(Chorus)

woo oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh oh 2x

Don’t treat me to the things of this world
I’m not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Is a man that makes me, then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I’m the one you WANT
If you don’t, you’ll be alone
And like a ghost I’ll be gone

All the single ladies (7x)
Now put your hands up
woo oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh ooh
oh oh oh 2x

If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it woo oh ooh 2x

Weren't you the one who said you don't let anyone with rhythm play any good music because you church teaches that the bass from the drums gets people sexually excited?

I guess 7 year olds aren't interested in ballet anymore. Innocence lost...

You realize do you not that ballet was also though lacivious when it first came to the stage?

It was originally based on Bohemian folk dances and those were overtly meant to appeal to our purient interests.

As to these kids?

Well the outfits are over the top.

The dancing moves required are beyond their ability.

But they seemed to be having fun, so I expect they're not too damaged by it.

What most people don't understand is the amount of time that goes into being able to perform. Any performing art and that includes band and guard which mine were in in HS keeps kids so busy they don't really have time to get into the kind of trouble that is being attributed to them here.

There is a difference in what children do and what is protected on to them.

The world is full of nut cases. It is what they think and act upon that is dangerous. There is a valid point of what all of this looks like to people who are not in the entertainment industry. If you look hard enough you can find something sexual in just about anything depending on what turns you on.

There are a lot of sick fuckers out there who get cheap thrills from performances like this.

Good point. And what you have just described is the heart of the middle eastern attitude toward women. "That woman gives me a hard on, so she needs to cover up." The person who becomes sexually aroused watching this show is the problem. The girls performing are not the problem. In the middle east women are completely responsible for the sexual response of men, and they are expected to cover themselves with veils and granny gowns so men will not have a sexual response to them. And if you don't then you are not considered 'nice' and men can say and do what they want to you. I am an old woman and more than once I found myself the object of remarks made by men on elevators and waiting areas. Of course, I didn't wear a veil or a burkah while I was there, and at my age, I wasn't altogether put off my it.

I think it is that middle eastern, 'you caused my reaction' thinking that is at work here. I also think that suggesting that girls learning to dance, wearing standard dance costumes, and doing standard steps means that they are going to be molested because of it is that old blaming the victim mentality. It doesn't matter if a female is naked, no one has the right to touch her, at all if she is a child, and if it is a grown woman without her consent.

There is also a lot of holier than thou talk about how the girls need to be roaming the fields and streams. That is bullshit. No one on here knows what they do 24/7. That is an entirely judgmental statement. I seriously doubt that most city dwellers roam any fields or streams. LOL.

IMO, the reactions to this are nothing more than mass hysteria.

While I agree with the people here who are saying that the issue should not be whether or not a pedophile gets aroused by the kids performance...I think that these people are missing the issue that many of us here have with this dance routine.

Pedophiles get turned on by children - it doesn't matter whether they are dressed up provocatively or not - so to say that you are putting the kids in danger because of this is just silly.

On a totally different side, however, is the argument that I have made. That a 7-year old child should not be taught to dress and perform like an adult would.

Are children sexual? Absolutely. Their sexuality is forming. But vital to an understanding of child sexuality and development is that in no way, shape or form, does the sexuality of a 7-year old resemble that of an adult female or male.

And perhaps most important to this discussion - WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE WANT IT TO?

Why would anyone think that it was a great idea to take a 7-year old girl, put her in lingerie and let her dance in ways that simulate sexual acts that she has no psychological concept of...and shouldn't...for many more years?

The fact that some are defending this routine is strange to me considering that the girls could have worn age-appropriate cool outfits, danced an amazing age-appropriate routine...and won this competition...

and they could have done it all without having to be dressed up like they were out to attract members of the opposite sex for sexual activity.

So why did they need to be dressed up that way? Why should they have to be? Why would be encouraging 7-year olds to experiment with adult sexuality (even in this form) publicly for entertainment value when there were so many other options available to the choreographer?

So you see...it has nothing to do with wanting to put women in burkas...nothing to do with wanting to trample on women's sexuality...nothing to do with a failure to admit that children have a developing sexuality of their own...

And everything to do with respecting that a child's developing sexuality is not on the same level, the same type, etc. of an adults...and therefore dressing them up and making them parrot adult sexuality...is just inappropriate.

Let these girls be girls...if they want to parrot Beyonce in their living room - great. Thats a role model they are looking at to learn how to be women some day. And if Mom and Dad are fine with Beyonce and her movements being that role model - more power to them.

But we don't need to teach 7-year olds that...even at 7...to win a competition you really need to strap on some thigh-high stockings and a bustier and shake your ass at a judge. Especially not when these girls are as talented as they are.

They probably walk off the stage shaking their heads at the silly things they have to do. Seven year olds aren't idiots. Do we deny sports uniforms to little boys because they are too much like what adult men wear ?

I'm kind of torn by this.
In order to be a good dancer, you have to have these moves. And dancers start young.

I don't like the stockings. I don't mind the dance, it's incredible.

Maybe they could have shown their skill with something a little more age appropriate, but you know, little tiny girls learn to belly dance, too. And belly dancing is about as sexual as it gets.

They probably walk off the stage shaking their heads at the silly things they have to do. Seven year olds aren't idiots. Do we deny sports uniforms to little boys because they are too much like what adult men wear ?

I don't know about that. My own kiddos are just shy of 7, and anything but idiots. But it doesn't matter how intelligent or talented a child that age is, they're still children with a child's emotional development. And they're still far too literal and eager to please. Relying on their bodies to please other people and get ahead is a lesson too likely to be internalized for my comfort. And that's just not something I think children should be learning. Down the road you'd probably be right, when they're more developed and able to put it in perspective.

Forum List

Back