They are killing us tonight. They are dying. Horrible deaths.

Doing nothing is still taking a side. It is tacit approval of the current situation. Isolationism doesn't really work these days for the world's largest power.

Sticking our collective nose into a flaming pile of shit only causes blisters and makes us stink, though

Right, but in terms of foreign policy doing nothing is still a major policy decision that people are going to be angry with us over. It comes with the turf of being a super power. We are expected to say something about things like this and if we don't it is simple ideological support for the status quo.

Plus as mentioned above we have good reason to stick our nose in their business.

I think Israel's friends would claim that it's in our interest.

Sticking our collective nose into a flaming pile of shit only causes blisters and makes us stink, though

Right, but in terms of foreign policy doing nothing is still a major policy decision that people are going to be angry with us over. It comes with the turf of being a super power. We are expected to say something about things like this and if we don't it is simple ideological support for the status quo.

Plus as mentioned above we have good reason to stick our nose in their business.

I think Israel's friends would claim that it's in our interest.

Considering continued instability helps to enable militant groups that engage in rocket attacks against Israel from the Sinai I'd agree.

God knows who our Tax Dollars and Weapons are going to at this point. It's an awful mess. End funding now. That goes for Syria and Libya as well.

Egyptian military chief orders army to rebuild every Coptic church burned by the Muslim Brotherhood

“The Egyptian defense minister ordered the engineering department of the armed forces to swiftly repair all the affected churches, in recognition of the historical and national role played by our Coptic brothers,” read a statement that aired on Egyptian television.

Bishop Mousa thanked Sisi for his efforts to repair the damaged churches.

“We thank Col. Gen. Sisi for commissioning the brave Egyptian armed forces to rebuild the places of worship damaged during the recent events,” Bishop Mousa said on Twitter…

The Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights (EIPR), an Egyptian NGO, says at least 25 churches were torched this week, and attackers also targeted Christian schools, shops and homes across all 27 provinces.

Egyptian military chief vows to rebuild Coptic Churches | Fox News

Well now we KNOW that 0bama isn't going to send them any money!

God knows who our Tax Dollars and Weapons are going to at this point. It's an awful mess. End funding now. That goes for Syria and Libya as well.

Interestingly, I saw on H2 last night that there is a 'federal ban' on selling one of our newest bombers to foreign countries. I haven't checked into the ban, but hopefully Congress is putting the skids to the current president's unmitigated support for rogue and terrorist nations.

Interestingly, I saw on H2 last night that there is a 'federal ban' on selling one of our newest bombers to foreign countries. I haven't checked into the ban, but hopefully Congress is putting the skids to the current president's unmitigated support for rogue and terrorist nations.
Starting with the rogue and terrorist nation that is most responsible for the Mess in the Middle East:

"Israel occupied the West Bank and Gaza Strip – the final 22% of mandatory Palestine – and began building settlements for Jewish Israelis on land confiscated from Palestinian Muslims and Christians.

"It has demolished more than 24,145 Palestinian homes since 1967.

"In 2005 Israel returned Gazan land to its owners, but continues to control its borders, ports, and air space, turning Gaza into a large prison, where 1.5 million people are held under what a UN Human Rights Commissioner described as 'catastrophic' conditions.

"Over 7,000 Palestinian men, women, and children are imprisoned in Israeli jails under physically abusive conditions (many have not even been charged with a crime) and the basic human rights of all Palestinians under Israeli rule are routinely violated.

"Some prisoners tortured by Israel have been American citizens..."

The Catastrophe - Al Nakba

Last edited:

That would be a horrible policy. I'm not even sure how you could defend such a stance outside of some libertarian anarcho-capitalistic idological stance which is rubbish in and of itself.

That's fine, that doesn't cover up the fact though that you haven't been able to defend any of your positions, or provide supporting evidence for them at all.

When was the last time you were there?

Anecdotal evidence isn't very compelling.

Nice attempt at a dodge though.

Translation: You have never been there. And generally, most all the so called 'evidence' gets posted from sites like CNN and Huffpoi and it is ALL anecdotal. My knowledge of that system is as valid as yours, likely more so since you have not been and seen.

Egypt has such a nursing shortage that their nurses work twice as much as we do. You can't even begin to fathom what something like this does to them.

When was the last time you were there?

Translation: You have never been there. And generally, most all the so called 'evidence' gets posted from sites like CNN and Huffpoi and it is ALL anecdotal. My knowledge of that system is as valid as your, likely more so since you have not been and seen.

Egypt has such a nursing shortage that their nurses work twice as much as we do. You can't even begin to fathom what something like this does to them.

None of my sources come from CNN or Huffington Post. Rather they are West Point's Combating Terrorism Center, and the Institute for the Study of War (of which I am a member).

Meanwhile, you still haven't provided any supporting evidence for your positions.

Translation: You have never been there. And generally, most all the so called 'evidence' gets posted from sites like CNN and Huffpoi and it is ALL anecdotal. My knowledge of that system is as valid as your, likely more so since you have not been and seen.

None of my sources come from CNN or Huffington Post. Rather they are West Point's Combating Terrorism Center, and the Institute for the Study of War (of which I am a member).

Meanwhile, you still haven't provided any supporting evidence for your positions.

And those sources, too, are anecdotal. I take it you still haven't been there. When you go and return we will have something to discuss. Until that time comes you are just another blowhard.

All we can do is pray.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Matthew 5:9-11

Is it all we can do? it may well be that tall we can do is pray. But let's pray and brainstorm and see if the Lord has another thing for us to do to help them.

so now the admin is not sure that they are not going to fund Egypt

--LOL

a little flippy floppy

--LOL

No surprise. Obama can't deal with funding non terrorists who do not hate the US.

Bob Corker control the funds and he is a republican.

Oh, you mean THIS Bob Corker who said funding the muslim brotherhood is not a viable option for the us to maintain our own interests in the area? Yea, I guess that would be him.

While criticizing Egypt’s military, both Corker and Engel agreed that the Muslim Brotherhood was not a viable option for U.S. backing.

“

Sen. Bob Corker: ?No Doubt? Egypt Crackdown Is Going to ?Cause Us to Suspend Aid? - ABC News

I'm not a religious person, but it's not exactly difficult to observe what is happening:

• Members of one religion slaughtering members of another religion in Egypt
  • Members of that same religion proudly committed to purposely slaughtering members of other religions globally
  • Only one religion on the planet with such an announced commitment and modern-day track record of murdering innocents
  • That same religion literally taking over parts of European countries, to the point where law enforcement from that country does not enter that area
  • Apologists for that religion, who don't even belong to it, so vociferous in their defense of it
Looking forward to denials of the above -- without the traditional diversion and/or deflection.

And their American counterparts plan a march on 9-11 to protest our war on terror:

“Yet our Government either sits idly by and does nothing to protect our freedoms or it exacerbates the problem with its constant war on terrorism in Islamic countries, congressional hearings on Islam in America, and its changes to the NDAA law

“These lies told to the American population has made it impossible for us to do true Dawa,” Ms. Hodge continues, referring to the practice of proselytizing or preaching Islam.

AMPAC plans 'Million Muslim March' for D.C. on 9/11 - Washington Times

And the forum liberals have strutted out strongly in favor of this march:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...uslim-march-planned-for-d-c-on-9-11-a-20.html

In accordance with the Constitution and its case law, where the people are free to assemble anywhere, anytime.

And liberals correctly understand that the 9/11 attack was carried out by criminals, their religion incidental and irrelevant; where American Muslims were just as much under attack and Islam as much a victim.

Conservative opposition to the march is yet another example of their intolerance; it’s also an example of the right’s shameful attempt to use the 9/11 tragedy for partisan gain, to imply that the marchers or those who support them are somehow ‘un-American.’

Their religion is incidental?! What planet are you living on? If they weren't Muslim, they wouldn't have flown planes into the World Trade Center. Period. Why? Because they wouldn't have been on a jihad against the "Great Satan" aka us.

You may not make religion a guide to your life. But you really shouldn't discount those that do, whether they use it to make their lives better or to justify attacking others.

Whose side is the Republicans on today?

How about the "stay-the-fuck-out-of-it-and-stop-foreign-aid" side?

Doing nothing is still taking a side. It is tacit approval of the current situation. Isolationism doesn't really work these days for the world's largest power.

No. Doing nothing is not taking a side. Doing nothing is doing nothing. Neutrality means not being for or against someone.

Isolationism and Neutrality are completely different concepts. However, Isolationism isn't necessary a horrible idea.

Forum List

Back