They want Kid Rock to stop using Stars and Bars....hmmm...what about the "Dixie" Chics?

This isn't what it looks like folks......

confederate_flag_sc.jpg

dont a few million confederate flag fans live in Florida? u think they plan on voting for the anti-american Hillary?

The Dixie Chicks got ripped for saying they were ashamed of their country while performing overseas I don't think having a Confederate flag backdrop in your concert is up to that level.

Actually she said they were ashamed to be from Texas, by association with George Bush.
Fine in any event I still believe that ranks worse than having Confederate flag backdrop.

The Dixie Chicks were mercilessly demonized by the RW neocon nuts.

If fair is fair, shouldn't the treatment of Kid Rock be appropriate payback?

The Dixie chicks have Dixie in their names...they are obviously racists......
What is racist about the name "Dixie"? Explain please.

Dixie - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Dixie" as a region[edit]

As a definite geographic location within the United States, "Dixie" is usually defined as the eleven Southern states that seceded in late 1860 and early 1861 to form the new confederation named the Confederate States of America. They are (in order of secession): South Carolina,Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

Yyyyeah, unfortunately your own link notes two (speculative) etymologies that, again, have nothing to do with politics, or the Confederacy:

1. The word "Dixie" refers to privately issued currency originally from the Citizens State Bank (located in the French Quarter of New Orleans) and then other banks in Louisiana.[4] These banks issued ten-dollar notes,[5] labeled "Dix", French for "ten", on the reverse side. The notes were known as "Dixies" by English-speaking southerners, and the area around New Orleans and the French-speaking parts of Louisiana came to be known as "Dixieland". Eventually, usage of the term broadened to refer to the Southern states in general.

2. The word preserves the name of a "Mr. Dixy", a slave owner on Manhattan Island, where slavery was legal until 1827 (see History of slavery in New York). His rule was so kind that "Dixy's Land" became famed far and wide as an elysium abounding in material comforts.
Add to this the fact that the song "Dixie" --- which may directly relate to #2 above --- was published in 1859. Well before the Civil War and the CSA. By a guy from Ohio.
Nope...Dixie is from the Mason Dixon line. Nice try.
That is a guess but not necessarily the correct answer.

And it is also this...hence, the "Dixie" Chics are defacto racists...right? If they are celebrating the slave states who seceded from the Union...they are racists, just like that flag...right?
The term Dixie refers to the South. The South. From the beginnings of our states to today. The Con-federate flag refers to a 4 year period where slave holding traitors caused death and destruction like this country's never seen....and lost.

Lets not forget that the Democratic Party was formed around their pro-slavery stance and are responsible for the Jim Crow laws and the forming of the KKK. Hell, the Democratic Party is responsible for the extermination of the Indian nations under there first slave holding President Andrew Jackson.

View attachment 44217

"Forget"? I think the word you're looking for is "invent".

But none of this has jack squat to do with the term "Dixie".
Dixie is not a political party.

Actually ... it's a beer.

How so invent, are you denying what I had to say, are you going to bore me with your moronic rewrites of American history.

This thread is more about the Democratic Party race baiting and P.C. policing versus the freedoms of Americans to speak freely.

There's nothing in this topic about political parties. Don't be so obsessed.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the origins of this nickname remain obscure. According to A Dictionary of Americanisms on Historical Principles (1951), by Mitford M. Mathews, three theories most commonly attempt to explain the term:

1. The word "Dixie" refers to privately issued currency originally from the Citizens State Bank (located in the French Quarter of New Orleans) and then other banks in Louisiana.[4] These banks issued ten-dollar notes,[5] labeled "Dix", French for "ten", on the reverse side. The notes were known as "Dixies" by English-speaking southerners, and the area around New Orleans and the French-speaking parts of Louisiana came to be known as "Dixieland". Eventually, usage of the term broadened to refer to the Southern states in general.

2. The word preserves the name of a "Mr. Dixy", a slave owner on Manhattan Island, where slavery was legal until 1827 (seeHistory of slavery in New York). His rule was so kind that "Dixy's Land" became famed far and wide as an elysium abounding in material comforts.

3. "Dixie" derives from Jeremiah Dixon, a surveyor of the Mason-Dixon line which defined the border between Maryland and Pennsylvania, and, for the most part, free and slave states. (Delaware, a Union border state, and slave state up to the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment, lay north and east of the survey line.)

Sheesh, go to the link.

Last edited:
The term Dixie refers to the South. The South. From the beginnings of our states to today. The Con-federate flag refers to a 4 year period where slave holding traitors caused death and destruction like this country's never seen....and lost.

Lets not forget that the Democratic Party was formed around their pro-slavery stance and are responsible for the Jim Crow laws and the forming of the KKK. Hell, the Democratic Party is responsible for the extermination of the Indian nations under there first slave holding President Andrew Jackson.

View attachment 44217

How so invent, are you denying what I had to say, are you going to bore me with your moronic rewrites of American history.

This thread is more about the Democratic Party race baiting and P.C. policing versus the freedoms of Americans to speak freely.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the origins of this nickname remain obscure. According to A Dictionary of Americanisms on Historical Principles (1951), by Mitford M. Mathews, three theories most commonly attempt to explain the term:

2. The word preserves the name of a "Mr. Dixy", a slave owner on Manhattan Island, where slavery was legal until 1827 (seeHistory of slavery in New York). His rule was so kind that "Dixy's Land" became famed far and wide as an elysium abounding in material comforts.

3. "Dixie" derives from Jeremiah Dixon, a surveyor of the Mason-Dixon line which defined the border between Maryland and Pennsylvania, and, for the most part, free and slave states. (Delaware, a Union border state, and slave state up to the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment, lay north and east of the survey line.)

Sheesh, go to the link.

I already posted that.
And it still says nothing about political parties.

As a definite geographic location within the United States, "Dixie" is usually defined as the eleven Southern states that seceded in late 1860 and early 1861 to form the new confederation named the Confederate States of America. They are (in order of secession): South Carolina,Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

Yyyyeah, unfortunately your own link notes two (speculative) etymologies that, again, have nothing to do with politics, or the Confederacy:

2. The word preserves the name of a "Mr. Dixy", a slave owner on Manhattan Island, where slavery was legal until 1827 (see History of slavery in New York). His rule was so kind that "Dixy's Land" became famed far and wide as an elysium abounding in material comforts.
Add to this the fact that the song "Dixie" --- which may directly relate to #2 above --- was published in 1859. Well before the Civil War and the CSA. By a guy from Ohio.
Nope...Dixie is from the Mason Dixon line. Nice try.
That is a guess but not necessarily the correct answer.
Nope...that's where Dixie comes from.

Here is something to think about this whole Confederate flag flap started because it was discovered Dylann Roof was holding one in a picture. Since that time there has been tons of media coverage over the flag all kinds of post and threads about it here ranging from it coming down to what it means to different people to TV land taking the Dukes of Hazzard of the air but when was the last time anyone mentioned or even gave a second thought to the nine people murdered?

View attachment 44217

Sheesh, go to the link.

I already posted that.
And it still says nothing about political parties.
I've moved on, as you pointed out I should .. quit being obsessed....:laugh:

The Dixie Chicks got ripped for saying they were ashamed of their country while performing overseas I don't think having a Confederate flag backdrop in your concert is up to that level.

Actually she said they were ashamed to be from Texas, by association with George Bush.
Fine in any event I still believe that ranks worse than having Confederate flag backdrop.

I don't know if you traveled abroad in the few years after the Bush Iraq-and-roll party, but I did. As soon as you were identified as American you got this look... kind of saying "well?" I would just sigh and say, "yeah I know, I know -- we're working on it". Neither party needed to articulate the word "Bush" -- it was the elephant in the room, and a national shame. So Natalie Maines wasn't by any stretch the only one saying that by way of accounting for ourselves. It's the position Bush put us in.

Here is something to think about this whole Confederate flag flap started because it was discovered Dylann Roof was holding one in a picture. Since that time there has been tons of media coverage over the flag all kinds of post and threads about it here ranging from it coming down to what it means to different people to TV land taking the Dukes of Hazzard of the air but when was the last time anyone mentioned or even gave a second thought to the nine people murdered?
Lots of people....especially right wing pundits complaining about President Obama speaking at their memorial service.

Lots of people....especially right wing pundits complaining about President Obama speaking at their memorial service.
Lots of people especially left wing pundits are trying to ignore or rationalize the fact President Obama did not speak at the funeral of Kathryn Steinle in fact they White House won't even comment on it. The reason as we all know in both cases is politics the right went after Obama over South Carolina because it gave him the chance to highlight racism something that helps him politically Obama and the left do not want to talk about San Francisco because it brings up the negatives of sanctuary cities and illegal immigration something that hurts him politically.

A caller to Rush's radio show today made this observation...the left is going after Kid Rock because he uses the Stars and Bars at his concerts.......the caller pointed out....wellllllll...what about the "Dixie" Chics....should they be forced to give up their name? Should they return all the money they have made using that racist name....and which political party did they support....?
It just goes to show just how stupid DittoNazis are to,
1. think that crap up
2. get the screener to allow it
3. put the call on the air by the equally stupid host
4. and parrot it on a public forum.

The Dixie Chicks had some awesome music (just my opinion) ... I just wish they had decided to play music and stay out of politics.
They were well on their way to securing the top for a while ... Then screwed themselves over stupid shit.

In light of it all though ... I think Kid Rock told Al Sharpton (and other protestors) to ... "Kiss His Ass".

The Dixie Chicks were mercilessly demonized by the RW neocon nuts.

If fair is fair, shouldn't the treatment of Kid Rock be appropriate payback?

Dixie is a term from the Mason Dixon line...which was drawn way before the Civil War....an unofficial line of demarcation between the North and the South...drawn between PENNSYLVANIA and..........................MARYLAND.

While the term has been used for the South, it's origins have nothing to do with the Con-federacy.

You aren't very bright....educated in the South were you?
Keep reaching!

Dixie is a term from the Mason Dixon line...which was drawn way before the Civil War....an unofficial line of demarcation between the North and the South...drawn between PENNSYLVANIA and..........................MARYLAND.

While the term has been used for the South, it's origins have nothing to do with the Con-federacy.

You aren't very bright....educated in the South were you?

And it is also this...hence, the "Dixie" Chics are defacto racists...right? If they are celebrating the slave states who seceded from the Union...they are racists, just like that flag...right?
And the American flag flew during, before, and after. Be consistent, you hypocrite.

Forum List

Back