They would be alive today if they followed this advice: Walter Scott, Mike Brown, Eric Garner,

They had his car. A simple matter to find out where he lives.

The cop violated the rules for use of deadly force.

End of story.

Indeed, he may have. But, would the criminal have been killed if he had not resisted arrest?
Is resisting arrest a capital offense? Are there no bounds on police behavior? Should cops kill with impunity? Are police trained to shoot first, ask questions later?

Could the comportment of the police, their interactions with the community culpable in the eroding relationship between police and civilians?

I have answered all of these questions already in this thread. I likely answered them the same way you would have. The question was would they be alive had they not resisted arrest? Will you answer that one? Is that question to uncomfortable for to approach honestly?
Eric Garner was under control. He was in an illegal choke hold. Walter Scott was shot inb the back, hardly acceptable police procedure. Tamir Rice was shot with 2 second of the arrival of the police. He was never given the opportunity to resist. The circumstances of Michael Brown's murder are not clear enough to render judgment on.

But there is a clear and unmistakable pattern of poor policing, poor training, poor implementation of community police standards. And this pattern certainly provides a clearer snapshot of the discontent of the community, their suspicions and fears of police and our need to correct the problem before it gets worse, as it most certainly will
Eric Garner's death was very sad. Walter Scott was a scumbag but still murder none the less. Tamir Rice was a clear and honest mistake when put in a scary position. Michael Brown was just clearly in the wrong in every way. I don't know how anyone can support Michael Brown after all the real evidence came out.

I don't know, I wasn't there. But I do know shooting someone in the back is an act of cowardice.

So I guess you should petition John Kerry to return his Silver Star for shooting a young VC boy in the back and then returning the next day to FILM a reenactment of the cowardly deed.

All the police have to do is SAY you're resisting and viola...you're a thug

No, the "thug" title was achieved the moment they committed the act that warranted the arrest. Everything else was just gravy.

Yeah they just say "warranted arrest" and if its not they can always go to plan B. Yell

"Stop resisting!!1"
I've been pulled over multiple times for doing nothing. I never jumped out of my car and attacked the police officer. It was because of times of day or location. No one talks about the fact that young white people get pulled over leaving the ghetto because they are likely to have drugs. Police stereotype in order to do their job.

No, the "thug" title was achieved the moment they committed the act that warranted the arrest. Everything else was just gravy.

Yeah they just say "warranted arrest" and if its not they can always go to plan B. Yell

"Stop resisting!!1"
I've been pulled over multiple times for doing nothing. I never jumped out of my car and attacked the police officer. It was because of times of day or location. No one talks about the fact that young white people get pulled over leaving the ghetto because they are likely to have drugs. Police stereotype in order to do their job.

If this was Vegas and someone told you to put your money on either:

Every cop abuse story is against bad guys who did something to deserve it

or

Every cop abuse story cannot be about "bad guys" who did something wrong to deserve it.

You would put your money on B

"Stop resisting!!1"

He's just condemned every cop that ever said "stop resisting." You have an alternative command I take it? Perhaps "Please stop resisting?" Or should they say nothing at all?

"Stop resisting!!1"

or

Every cop abuse story cannot be about "bad guys" who did something wrong to deserve it.

I think I get what you're saying but I look at each story differently. When Michael Brown robs and store than physically assaults an officer I lack sympathy. If this story was about a white man that a black man shot the world would keep moving with no one noticing. There would be no street riots, looting, or counter killings. The media loves to make it about race because then half of blacks buy into this bullshit.

"Stop resisting!!1"

ClosedCaption thinks resisting arrest is done for no other purpose than to provide a service for officers that need exercise. Running evidently isn't an indicator of guilt but a means to protest their innocence.

"Stop resisting!!1"

or

I think I get what you're saying but I look at each story differently. When Michael Brown robs and store than physically assaults an officer I lack sympathy. If this story was about a white man that a black man shot the world would keep moving with no one noticing. There would be no street riots, looting, or counter killings. The media loves to make it about race because then half of blacks buy into this bullshit.

Thats the thing tho...who's asking for sympathy? I'm simply saying if you had to put your money on those two options....you'd pick B.

But since we're just shooting the shit you want to pretend (or allude) that every person a cop beats is guilty of something FIRST and as evidence of that you take a cop putting his hands on someone as a reason its right

If you have something more than "the cop said so" thats great but so far...cops arent human so they make no mistakes and every person killed by a cop...Over 300 this year....were all bad guys :boohoo:

Oh and didnt you notice that Chris Rock did a piece called How not to get your ass beat by cops thats like 10 years old?

I guess that brainwashing was happening back then too....hell its not even happening its all a figment of blacks imagination...for years....DECADES!

but again, if you have to put your money on those odds, you wouldnt take that bet either in a million years

Is that what the op did? Where did the op excuse police brutality?

You can't read your own post now? Have you suffered an affliction since you posted it?

Yeah, whatever. I will ask you this question only once. If they had complied with the police would they be alive today? Not going to answer that are you?

If the police weren't armed with guns would they have been shot?

Disarming the police isn't an option. It would give any criminal with a gun the advantage over law and order. Compliance with the police is in fact an option. Would these people be alive today if they had not resisted arrest?

You didn't answer the question. Would the victims have been shot if the police didn't have guns?

The second question is, do citizens have a reasonable expectation that professional law enforcement officers will not kill them when the circumstances do not warrant the use of lethal force?

I wouldnt stoop so low as to answer that question either.

Oh and didnt you notice that Chris Rock did a piece called How not to get your ass beat by cops thats like 10 years old?

I guess that brainwashing was happening back then too....hell its not even happening its all a figment of blacks imagination...for years....DECADES!

but again, if you have to put your money on those odds, you wouldnt take that bet either in a million years

The old axioms still apply today. Chris Rock provided some good advice.

You can't read your own post now? Have you suffered an affliction since you posted it?

Yeah, whatever. I will ask you this question only once. If they had complied with the police would they be alive today? Not going to answer that are you?

If the police weren't armed with guns would they have been shot?

Disarming the police isn't an option. It would give any criminal with a gun the advantage over law and order. Compliance with the police is in fact an option. Would these people be alive today if they had not resisted arrest?

You didn't answer the question. Would the victims have been shot if the police didn't have guns?

The second question is, do citizens have a reasonable expectation that professional law enforcement officers will not kill them when the circumstances do not warrant the use of lethal force?

I wouldnt stoop so low as to answer that question either.

I went ahead and answered his questions. They don't have any bearing on my argument at all.

"Stop resisting!!1"

or

Thats the thing tho...who's asking for sympathy? I'm simply saying if you had to put your money on those two options....you'd pick B.

But since we're just shooting the shit you want to pretend (or allude) that every person a cop beats is guilty of something FIRST and as evidence of that you take a cop putting his hands on someone as a reason its right

If you have something more than "the cop said so" thats great but so far...cops arent human so they make no mistakes and every person killed by a cop...Over 300 this year....were all bad guys :boohoo:
I really don't take the cops side every time. I think there should be reform but it's almost impossible to do your job if you end up in dangerous altercations frequently. I think there are many bad cops. Just look up news stories. Cops also use means to obtain information that make people think they have to volunteer information while in fact incriminating themselves. Many cops are pigs but I'm just saying put yourself in the shoes of a cop that works in a ghetto.

The solution to me is holding cops accountable in situations where they abuse there power. That's my only solution. Treat criminal acts as such.

Not dead.

I think I saw him reach for one of the officer's weapons.

The point was that compliance would have led to no one hurt or killed. you disagree?

The demand that black Americans be saints or be killed.

That is what you're arguing.

So now in order to simply comply with police requires sainthood. That's a new one for me.

I was thinken I was just lazy....it requires way less effort to sit in the car and deal with the ticket. And here it turns out i'm a Saint.
So when do I get to meet the Pope?

Forum List

Back