Third world, dark ages voting system

Actually, they would be quite easy to hack...simply load a bunch of bogus votes onto a memory stick, then slip it into the machine, takes 3 seconds.

Right...in a busy polling place nobody is going to notice you sticking a memory stick into the back of a voting machine. Did you miss the part about physical security? That's the actual people watching over the machines.

If you audit the VVPATs, then you would know if the electronic vote got "hacked" because it would not match the paper trail.

In about 20 years, when the kids who grew up with a smartphone in their hands, are ruling the world, we will be voting online from home. If you think you'll be alive in 20 years, you've got time to get used to the idea.
I get it...you are FOR fraud.

Oh for gods sake...:rolleyes:

Look, it's OK, we get it: you care not at all about an honest election, as long as your candidate wins. I understand completely.

No system is foolproof or tamper proof
...but an old antiquated easily hacked system, makes committing voter fraud very easy.

It's a lot harder to hack a paper ballot than a computer

No, not really. And a voting system that isn't hooked up to a network can't be hacked from the outside, it would have to be "hacked" at the voting machine itself. Physical security of the machines prevents that from happening.

All that needs to be done is that states must require their voting machines have a VVPAT and that a post election manual audit must be performed to compare the electronic vote to what printed on paper.

So you are going to build a dedicated 50 state network that is completely isolated from all outside access?

That is the only way to ensure some security then there is always the very real possibility that a person with access can be bribed or threatened and be made to interfere

As long as there are people in the mix nothing and I do mean nothing is ever 100% secure

What the fuck are you talking about? Who is building any "network" at all? I just got done saying that voting machines not hooked up to a network are unlikely to be hacked. It would require a person at a single voting machine in a busy polling place trying to fuck with a machine. You know, like out in the open where everyone can see you do it. And if you have a paper trail that is audited post election, you've reduced that "hacking" possibility even further.

Even when you vote on paper, luddites, the paper ballot is scanned and counted by machine.

If you want computer voting then there will have to be a network. Unless you want millions of stand alone computers that all have to be individually accessed to get the results

you don't seem to understand that you can build a hard wired network where there is no internet connection and only the computers hard wired to that network can talk to each other. Now that doesn't eliminate all hacking but it does reduce the number of people who can hack it to only those that are allowed access to any one the computers on the isolated network

Last edited:
...but an old antiquated easily hacked system, makes committing voter fraud very easy.

No, not really. And a voting system that isn't hooked up to a network can't be hacked from the outside, it would have to be "hacked" at the voting machine itself. Physical security of the machines prevents that from happening.

All that needs to be done is that states must require their voting machines have a VVPAT and that a post election manual audit must be performed to compare the electronic vote to what printed on paper.

So you are going to build a dedicated 50 state network that is completely isolated from all outside access?

That is the only way to ensure some security then there is always the very real possibility that a person with access can be bribed or threatened and be made to interfere

As long as there are people in the mix nothing and I do mean nothing is ever 100% secure

What the fuck are you talking about? Who is building any "network" at all? I just got done saying that voting machines not hooked up to a network are unlikely to be hacked. It would require a person at a single voting machine in a busy polling place trying to fuck with a machine. You know, like out in the open where everyone can see you do it. And if you have a paper trail that is audited post election, you've reduced that "hacking" possibility even further.

Even when you vote on paper, luddites, the paper ballot is scanned and counted by machine.

If you want computer voting then there will have to be a network. Unless you want millions of stand alone computers that all have to be individually accessed to get the results

you don't seem to understand that you can build a hard wired network where there is no internet connection and only the computers hard wired to that network can talk to each other. Now that doesn't eliminate all hacking but it does reduce the number of people who can hack it to only those that are allowed access to any one the computers on the isolated network

Yes, when we vote on the internet in 20 years, there will be a network. 20 years from now. A lot can happen technology wise in 20 years.

Yes, when we vote on the internet in 20 years, there will be a network. 20 years from now. A lot can happen technology wise in 20 years.

We do not have to wait 20 years if we want to vote via computers. We just can't vote on any computer that is connected to the internet. Since the internet can never be 100% secure, the only way to vote via computer is to build a hardwired completely isolated network of computers for the sole purpose of casting votes

We do not have to wait 20 years if we want to vote via computers. We just can't vote on any computer that is connected to the internet. Since the internet can never be 100% secure, the only way to vote via computer is to build a hardwired completely isolated network of computers for the sole purpose of casting votes

No shit sherlock, that's what I've been saying...and then I said in 20 years we WILL be voting on the internet.

No shit sherlock, that's what I've been saying...and then I said in 20 years we WILL be voting on the internet.

the internet will NEVER be 100% secure I don't know what you don't understand about that

the internet will NEVER be 100% secure I don't know what you don't understand about that

Doesn't matter what old fogies like you and I think, it's going to happen. Never say never.

Doesn't matter what old fogies like you and I think, it's going to happen. Never say never.

Not in my life time and I expect to live for another 50 years

Actually, they would be quite easy to hack...simply load a bunch of bogus votes onto a memory stick, then slip it into the machine, takes 3 seconds.

Right...in a busy polling place nobody is going to notice you sticking a memory stick into the back of a voting machine. Did you miss the part about physical security? That's the actual people watching over the machines.

If you audit the VVPATs, then you would know if the electronic vote got "hacked" because it would not match the paper trail.

In about 20 years, when the kids who grew up with a smartphone in their hands, are ruling the world, we will be voting online from home. If you think you'll be alive in 20 years, you've got time to get used to the idea.
I get it...you are FOR fraud.
No, you don't get it.

She cares not at all..as long as the "right" candidate gets the benefit of the fraud.

The more high tech the system gets the easier it is to tamper with.
We need to go back to all paper....it's the only way to reduce democrat voter fraud...

Why not just go grab all the information that THE LEFT exposed on the fraud of electronic voting during the 2000 and 2004 elections.

Information that people like you ignored .. as long as your side was doing the 'winning.'

Now, it's too damn late.

Forum List

Back